Chapter 1 - Her

Unexpected Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I walked into the room and checked around the place. Ooo, this place was better than the hotel room. A little too big, but I think I can get used to it. But what ticked me off was that I wasn't allowed to go anywhere. I was here on a three week trip and being stuck inside a huge palace-like place was not part of the plan.

            There was a bed that was as big as my parents' bed in the master bedroom. It was decorated with light blue pillows and blue covers. I poked it to feel the softness. Then I sat on it, feeling myself sinking into a river of soft foam. Wow, this is heaven. Then I walked over to the closet and opened the doors to find myself staring into a walk-in closet. Holy ship! I walked around, checking the expensive clothes. I had some brand clothes in my closet, and I only wore them for parties. But looking at these clothes, even the underwear were arranged according to the brand. Then, there were the shoes. I took one pair into my hand and slipped into them. Perfect! Then I walked up to the clothes that were hanging in two rows and checked for the sizes. Heol. They were exactly my size. I was starting to doubt my own dad now. Did he plan this or not?

            I heard a door open and I soon got out of the closet. A girl, probably my age, stood in front of me with big eyes. She wore way too much make-up to be a maid and if she was, she was out of her uniform.

"Holy macaroni!" she said, and I looked at her. Aren't we in Korea? Why is everyone speaking in English?! Damn it. I thought I'd improve my Korean since I was here, but now I knew that wasn't happening. "You're! You're!" she said, pointing at me rudely. "Who are you?" she asked.

"Faith Williams. But I think the people here think I'm someone else." I said, and she jumped, covering . Then she threw her purse on to the bed and walked over to me. She made me turn around at least hundred times. Then she touched my face; nose, lips, cheeks, even eyes. Then she touched my hair, checked the roots, smelled me. "What are you doing?"

"Creepy. You look exactly like her" she said, backing away. "Sorry" she said, pressing her lips together. "I'm Lee Hye-Jin. I'm Marinda's best friend. When her dad said she's - you're - at Starlight, I literary came running down to here. I mean, I knew it was impossible. We talked this morning and she was visiting Rome. But I had to check you out. Why would stupid Leo think you're her? You two look totally different." she said, pointing at me. Finally, someone who knew the real Marinda.

"You know where she is? Well then, tell Leo. I want to go back"

"Are you kidding me? I don't want to die young. I'd like to get married and have kids too, you know" she said, twirling her perfectly curly hair.

"Kim Hye-Jin, right? Can you please tell me what's going on here?" I asked, and she sat on the bed and tapped it. I followed her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter