Chapter 33 - Her

Unexpected Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"The economy patterns have been changing frequently, so how would anyone be able to figure out what's going to happen next?" said dad, coming out of his study with Taekwoon oppa.

"Dad, stop talking to him about business!" I yelled as they entered into the living room.

"Didn't I say she'd buy it?" said dad quietly to oppa and he let out a bright smile.

"What?" I asked, and they both stared at me.

"You don't have to know" said oppa, and with a shocked expression, I watched him laugh together with dad.

"That's it. I'm taking you away from dad. You two have been talking for ever and now you're starting to sound like him" I said, linking my arm with him and dragging him into my room.

            Oppa watched me as I stepped into my room and locked it. When I turned, he crossed his arms and studied me from head to toe. I was wearing white pleated culotte shorts along with a blue over-sized blouse. I pulled my hair into a bun simply because I didn't have much time to do something with it. Watching oppa scanning every part of my body with his eyes made me a little shy.

"Stop it" I said, walking over and sitting on my bed. His gaze followed me and still stared at me.

"Your dad's right" he said, dropping his hands to his sides and walking over.

"What?" I asked, and he sat on my bed, pulling my legs towards him.

"You do play with your toes when you're nervous"

"I. Do. Not!" I protested. Okay, I did. I knew that too. And I tried my best not to let other people notice it but sometimes it happened without me noticing. It was an old habit I couldn't break free from.

"You do" he said, touching my toes. Then he ran a finger from my heel to the toes, making me tickle.

"What did dad talk to you about?" I asked, pulling my legs up to my chest.

"Nothing... Some stuff guys talk about..."

"Like...?"

"We didn't talk about you, if that's what you're asking for"

"Oh I know you two talked about me" I said, and suddenly oppa moved closer, and I backed away until my back touched my soft pillows. Then he pinned his hands on each side of me and let out a smile.

"If you know, good for you. But I'm not going to tell you"

"Then I won't kiss you"

"Oh Faith, you can't help it when I kiss you" he whispered, our lips only millimetres away from each other. His soft hair touched my forehead. "Wanna bet?"

"Fine. Let's see who wins" I said, letting him press his lips on to mine. I kept mine still as his moved from my bottom lip to the top. Soon, he managed to part my lips and run his tongue through them. When I couldn't hold on anymore, I ran my arms over him, pulling him on to me. His arms s around my waist as our kiss deepened.

"I win" said oppa, moving away from me.

"Fine" I said, sitting up on my bed and watching him lay there, staring back at me. "What do you want?"

"A promise"

"What kind of a promise?"

"Promise me you'd wait for me"

"Oppa... You already know the answer. Of course I'd wait for you."

"Faith..." he stopped at I looked at him. "I have to go back tomorrow" he said, and I looked at him with wide eyes. He said he's going to be here for another week. "Something came up... So I have no choice but to go back. I'm sorry"

"We can call and chat." I said, trying to cheer myself up.

"And I'll come visit when I can"

"For real?" I asked, and he nodded, pulling me to his side. I laid down again, feeling his warmth next to me like the old times.

"Hm... So don't look at other guys"

"I promise" I said, and he let out a smile.

            So this is it. Another goodbye. And we'll say hi again, and we say goodbye as well. Life was full of meetings and separations. And meeting oppa was the best meeting for me. I didn't think I'd ever meet anyone in such a weird, twisted way as I met him.

            I couldn't help but think about the last couple of months. When I left Canada, I was looking for adventure by myself, wanting to be free. When I got taken to Starlight, I wanted to kill the man who I was now laying next to. And from that moment, I had the best time of my life; all thanks to the same guy. I got to experience a lot of things I never expected to. I learned to love someone and know the pain of first love that everyone talked about. However, in the end, I actually managed to win him back. I thought of Marinda as the main character in our own little drama and myself as th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter