Chapter 4 - Him

Unexpected Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Whole night, I stayed up thinking of places to go. I thought, if I wanted to show her a place, it had to be Cheongsando. I loved that place. That's why I brought a country house there, so whenever I felt stuffed up, I could go here and relax. I pinned that in my map on my tablet. Then I pinned Jeju on the map, seeing how it was her first choice. Slowly, I thought of more places and pinned them down until we had ten. Obviously, even though she wanted to travel, she looked as confused as a puppy when Hye-jin asked her about the places. That's why I decided to pick the places, so she could just enjoy what I have been enjoying my entire life.

            Next morning, I knocked on Marinda's, Faith's door. When I heard no sound, I asked the  guard if she left. When he said no, I opened the door, walking in to see her still sleeping soundly on her bed. I stopped myself when I first saw her and called out her name. No movement. I said we have to get going, but nothing. Then I walked over to her bed and sat on it. Now looking at her up close, I felt as if I'm staring at a sleeping angel. Guilt struck me knowing that I'm the devil who took her newly given wings away.

"Faith" I whispered, leaning in. Wow, she looked too much like Marinda, but I never got this close to her like I was now with Faith. I never had the desire to touch Marinda's hair or know how touching her cheek would feel like when I brush my thumb against it. But now, staring at sleeping Faith, I wanted to do all that. I wanted to hold her hand, I wanted to brush her hair out of her face every morning, I wanted to wrap my arms around... - Whoa Taekwoon, you're going too far. You don't want this. You're going to marry Marinda. It was planned six years ago. You can't just run away from it. But, Faith was tempting. I couldn't keep my feelings hidden like I usually did. And then, I never felt anything like this before.

"Faith" I whispered again.

"One minute" I heard her mumble. I let out a laugh at her answer. Then I looked at her bags that stood still next to the dresser. I dragged them out with the help of its wheels and asked the guard to take them to my car. Then I walked over to her washroom and turned the warm tap on for the bath. Faith's maid in-charge jumped in to helped me because I turned the water too hot and didn't add the right liquid in for the bubbles. Letting her take care of that, I walked back to the room and removed the duvet off of the sleeping angel. Instantly, she curled into a ball, making a frown in her sleep. The moment the maid came and told me the bath was ready, I pulled her up and walked through the doors of the washroom. Her hands automatically wrapped around my neck, making every hair of my body stand up. Trying not to get myself wet, I slowly dipped her into the water and startled, she opened her eyes, looking up at me.

            That moment, I realized we were dangerously close to each other. Her hands still wrapped around me. Still confused, she looked around, blowing the bubbles away from her face. I wanted her to move her hands away, because if she didn't I was planning on stealing a kiss from her. When she looked at me again, her eyes widened, and she moved her hands as quickly as she can.

"Ya!" she yelled, splashing me. Due to her movement, I got bubbles on my face. Damn it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter