Chapter 21 - Her

Unexpected Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You got everything packed?" asked Marinda.

"Yeah. Everything's ready. Good thing you like the dress. I hate it" I said, and she laughed at me. It was 2 in the morning and we were Skype calling each other.

"How's Leo?"

"He's good. Busy. Their company's debuting a new group in five or six months so he's busy with work and stuff"

"How was Namsan?" she asked, and I stopped talking.

"We didn't go" I said after she repeated her question.

"How come? You said you really wanted to go"

"I did. But... I had my period when we went to try the dress on" I lied to her and she nodded, believing me. Of course I had my period long time ago but I learned from my sister that 'period' can be a great excuse. "How was Australia?"

"Great! I had fun with Hye-jin... She came back last night." she bit her lip. "Faith... Um... I need to tell you something. I guess you have the right to know since you're pretending to be me there." she stopped herself and I stared at the screen. "I have a boyfriend." she bit her lip again as I gasped. "He's Australian. We've... been dating for a couple of months now... Okay, we've been friends for years, we only started dating couple of months ago... I thought I should tell you." she said, and speechless, I stared at her. I could not believe her. Too many thoughts were in my head and I didn't really know how to respond to her confession.

"So... Does that mean you're still in Australia?" I asked and she nodded.

"Uh... yeah. I want to go on a trip with him for the next three days - but don't ask me where I am going to be, I'm not going to tell you." she said and I nodded. Three days... "But I can't wait to see you in real life." she said in a cheerful voice after couple of minutes of dead silence.

"Yeah. Me too." I said in an upset voice. She had a boyfriend.

"Faith, thanks for everything you do for me. I want a real sister like you." she said and I nodded. Right then she heard a noise, so she ran away from her room to check, when she came back, she had a weird expression on her face. "Well, I have to go. I'm going out. He's waiting for me" she said and I nodded in goodbye.

            I didn't understand her. She could have just said something to her parents and I could have had oppa all to myself then. But no, she had fun while oppa chased after her... She said it was good for oppa to have fun with me, but was that supposed to make me feel better when I knew that whenever she returns, she had to marry him?

            I laid n my bed, wondering if oppa was already asleep or not. Tonight was the first night after days that I was sleeping alone - well, I tried to sleep. Three days.

 

"Miss Marinda!" I heard Yon-ha eonnie's voice. Soon, it entered the room. "Miss Faith" she called my real name. I finally told her that I'm not Marinda. "It's time to wake up. Master Jung had to go to work early in the morning. He said he had to meet someone from the broadcasting company for the group's reality show or something. You can have a wash and have breakfast. I'll get the bath ready" she said, handing me my coffee.

"No bath. I'll just have a quick shower" I told her and she nodded.

 

            After breakfast, I walked around with my Baby, taking pictures of all the maids and workers. Everyone working, people smiling at the camera, groups shots; with and without me, the cooks in the kitchen cooking, garden workers getting yelled by grandpa Lee for playing around with the garden sprinkles, Grandpa Lee standing tall with his wrinkle smile - I managed to get more than a hundred shots with everyone.

"One shot eonnie!" I said to Yon-ha eonnie.

"Miss Faith, you sound like you're leaving today. You have two more days you know?" she asked and I snapped a picture of her with a pouty face. "Miss Faith, stop taking pictures of me when I'm talking" she complained when I took another picture of her.

"I have to put my Baby away with the other stuff. I'm planning on packing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter