/31

Do What You Love.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunday

J I M I N

 I bite my lip and continue to check my reflection in the elevator while adjusting my outfit because I believe for some reason zipping or ping my jacket will make me look better. The guy behind me scoffs and stares at me strangely so I stop fidgeting. I tell myself to breathe, there’s no reason to be nervous, I'm just meeting Troublemaker. Yeah right.

 

The metal doors open and I walk out and into the hallway that leads to Ari’s apartment. I make my way to her door which reads 408 and take a deep breath before bringing my hand up to knock. Two minutes pass as I stand still while my anxiety builds up. I knock again, louder since I don’t get a response. Another four minutes pass and I’m about to turn to leave half disappointed and half relieved when the door flies open and Haneul yawns hello.

 

“Who are you?” she asks while rubbing her eyes and fighting against another yawn. Her mascara and eyeshadow are smeared and her hair is a mess but I try not to laugh.

 

“Park Jimin” I reply after swallowing a chuckle. “I’m Ari’s friend. I was wondering if she was here actually, I need to talk to her.”

When she hears my name her head snaps up and her eyes narrow, “Ari’s not here right now,” she barks before slamming the door in my face. I blink from the gust of wind that blows my way from her shutting it so quickly and with so much force. Does she know about what happened Friday night at the dance? Probably they’re sister after all. I guess Haneul and Ari have the right to be mad so I can’t even be that shocked.  I’ll just have to settle for seeing her tomorrow then? Yeah tomorrow, I think with a smile. She has to come to school, she can’t ignore me there.

 

Monday-Thursday

 

 

The rest of my week mostly goes the same sad bland way: Ask anyone if they have seen Kim Ari today, get told no, feel more worried, discouraged and worried again. When school is over I leave another post it note on her door, even knocking on it only for Haneul to tell me to stop and that Ari is sick or she doesn't want to talk to me. Some days Mina, Taehyung or Taehee come with me but we all get told the same thing. Ari-ya isn’t available right now.

 

On Wednesday Haneul takes the bowl of chicken noodle soup we give her for a sick Troublemaker with a sigh and a shake of her head before she shuts us out again. I immediately regret having Troublemaker’s charger, because then I, no we, could atleast text her or call letting her know we’re worried. Though that doesn’t stop me from sending her twenty text messages and calling her seven times. All containing the same message, What’s going on? Where are you Troublemaker? Everyday I grow more convinced that that is the best nickname for her.

 

Friday

 

 

 

I stare down at my blank calculus homework,and groan. The sheet is blank because I don’t even know how to begin solving the problem. I’ve been too absorbed this week to learn anything in class.

 

I’m pulled out of my thoughts when my phone rings with an incoming call.

 

“Is that her?” Taehyung asks, dropping his pencil with wide curious eyes referring to the girl that has captured my thoughts and won’t return them. Seems like she hasn’t left Taehyung’s mind either, which is...understandable.

 

“I don’t know!” I quickly take my phone out of my pocket and answer the call.

 

“Hello?” I call nervously.

 

“Jimin, hey.” I deflate as I hear Mina’s voice. “Still no word from Ari? This is becoming too much.”

 

Taehyung nudges me asking if its her and I shake my head no, mouthing it’s just Mina.

 

“No, I haven’t heard anything. Haneul still isn’t letting me talk to her. I even left her charger in front of her door hoping she would take it and at least call one of us back or send a text. I don’t think anyone has gotten a reply.”

 

“I’m at her apartment right now but no one is opening the door. No lights are on either, I don’t think she’s here. Maybe she’s out of the house right now. I’m worried about her, Jimin. Do you have any idea where she could be? I’ve tried calling her but she won’t pick up. I think we should go look for her. I-i think I might be at fault for her not being at school. ”

 

I’ve never heard Mina sound so anxious, usually she’s calm and collected and doesn’t really show emotion unless she’s with J-hope. This means it isn’t only my calls she’s ignoring but I’m not sure if I should feel relieved or not. I start to worry too.

 

“I really doubt that Mina, none of this is your fault okay? Hold on, I’m giving the phone to Taehyung. We’ll meet you downstairs.”

 

“o-okay,” she replies voice growing soft. Something must really be wrong. She’s probably been thinking this was her fault all week, but she doesn’t even know about what I did. If Troublemaker's disappearance is anyone's fault it would be mine.

 

“Good news?” Tae asks, eyes sparkling with hope.

 

I slowly shake my head, then push my phone into his hands before walking to the door and slipping on my shoes. Taehyung does the same then we head downstairs. I hope you’re okay Ari. Please be okay.

 

When we reach the apartment we see Mina pacing in front of Ari’s door and biting her nails, a bad habit she has sworn off. When she sees us a look of relief washes over her face. “Jimin! Taehyung! That was fast...” Then the relief goes away and her eyes turn glassy. I’m shocked, I don’t think I’ve ever seen Mina cry, even when she sprained her ankle during dance practice.

 

Taehyung halts, “ Woah, Mina... everything is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter