20

Do What You Love.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry for ignoring you. I’m sorry for acting like a totally different person. I'm sorry for hurting you, believe me, I didn’t mean to. It’s just...” Taehyung trails off, having an internal battle on what he should voice next.  I can hear the sincerity in his voice and in the way his eyes slightly dim at whether I will accept his apology or not.

I feel lousy that I’m the cause of his sad state but he’s made me feel that way for a while and I don’t know if I will forgive him so easily. Well not until he gives me a good reason for his behavior.

“If you’re so sorry, then why did you do it? Maybe you didn’t mean to, but you still hurt me Taehyung. You really did.” I run my fingers through my hair and gather the remaining strength I have to maintain the conversation. “I thought we were becoming, dear I say it, friends. But you don't just randomly ignore your friends and act like they're total strangers. What's going on Taehyung, because I’m going through a lot right now and I don’t think I can handle any more stress.”

“We are friends Troublemaker. I’ve wanted to be close to you ever since the day I met you. You’re so different from the fake girls I’m used to hanging with. They only ever want to get to know me because of my looks, my friends, or how I can physically make them feel. But you aren’t like that; you just want to be my friend.” He looks down allowing his hair to fall over his eyes, shielding his slightly tinted pink cheeks. An embarrassed laugh slips through his lips but when he looks back up at me his eyes are filled with warmth and affection that now it’s my turn to blush and avert my gaze.

“Do you remember when we first met in the cafe? You didn’t fall for my act, you saw right through me and to be truthful I was scared. I was scared because no other girls besides F4 see me for who I really am. And if we're being honest they aren’t really girls. They’re more like mini Godzillas.” He jokes and I can't help but smile at his silly remark.

He chuckles and I glance at him only for our eyes to lock, “I’ve missed seeing you smile.” 

I blush at his comment and quickly look down to hide my face. I flip through my book as a distraction from looking up into his chocolate brown, familiar eyes that are practically begging me to forgive him.

“It’s definitely better than you glaring or just plain ignoring me,” Taehyung mumbles watching me riffle through my book. I look back up when his voice takes on a melancholy note. He looks up also and gazes at me, a slight smile dancing on his lips.

When he speaks again, his voice sounds normal and cheerful again. “Let’s not talk about that now. Anyways like I was saying, I was scared that you wouldn’t accept the me who likes to fool around with girls and have a good time. I thought you would run away repulsed by my actions, so I kept that part of me hidden from you and decided to just show you my more pleasant side.”

Taehyung rubs the back of his neck and grimaces, “Pathetic right? I can understand if you don’t want to forgive me, I wouldn’t forgive me if I was you either.”

I see Taehyung in a whole new light now. He’s not that different from me, he has his own insecurities just like anyone else. He didn’t want to show me the less likable side of him in fear of how I would react. This sounds familiar, doesn’t it? It makes me think about my own actions and how keeping my own scars and secrets hidden to spare someone may actually end up hurting that person in the long run.

Taehyung just helped me a lot even if he has no clue he did, just like a true friend would. I punch his arm jolting him out of his sad, gloomy mood.

He grabs his arm wincing, glaring at me with his mouth wide open in surprise. “Oww! What did you do that for? And when did you get so strong? I bet it’s because you’ve been hanging out with those mini Godzillas too much.”

I grin and scoff at his weakness, “I didn't even hit you that hard wimp. Anyways Tae Tae~ I’m your friend right?”

He looks at me with one eyebrow raised like it’s a tough question then moves his head up and down slowly as his eyes narrow, wondering why I’m asking. “Yes, I think so. But that's entirely up to yo-”

I cut him off, “You already said yes, no going back. If we’re friends then you should trust me enough to show me all sides of you. I’ll gladly accept them, even if they are very strange and 4D. Wanna know why? Because that’s what friends do. I love you Taehyung, no matter how you act. Just don’t ignore me ever again okay?” He gives me a small agreeing smile that turns into the big gummy grin that I love.

“You have a really cute smile.” I say then I blush from embarrassment because I can’t believe I just said that out loud. Taehyung laughs that hearty awkward laugh of his and I can’t help but join him even though he’s really laughing at me.

“So...” he wags his head like a little puppy. “Does that mean you forgive me?”

 (A/N: You guys know what gif I’m talking about right? Taehyung is wearing a princess crown and looking frustratingly cute? If not click here)

I smile at his unintentional aegyo, “Yes of course! Friends make mistakes then we forgive each other right?”

Taehyung beams, happy that I accepted his apology, “Definitely.”

We stand there grinning at each other like idiots until someone clears their throat. Taehyung turns around, allowing me to see the old man who’s patiently waiting to purchase the stack of books nestled in his arms.

I bow as well as apologize to the man and gesture for Taehyung to move out of the way. When Taehyung does, the haraboji puts his books on the counter with shaky hands and I coo at how adorable he looks. The old man peers at me from behind his glasses then turns his head to the right to glare at Taehyung.

“Young man! Just because you see your girlfriend doesn’t mean you have to hold up the whole line!” he says scolding Taehyung.

I stifle a giggle from the apologetic look Taehyung has on his face as I ring up the old man’s books and put them inside of the bag with a complimentary coupon because I feel guilty we made him wait. He hobbles away muttering something about how kids have no manners these days.

Taehyung smirks and wiggles his eyebrows in a suggestive manner, “He thought you were my girlfriend. I think we would make a pretty attractive couple, don't you think?”

I laugh a short sarcastic laugh then shake my head, “Uhh…no. Who would want to date you anyway?”

Taehyung fakes an offended look, “What’s that supposed to mean? Plenty of girls want some of this okay. You should feel special that I’m even talking to you right now.” I raise my eyebrows in an “okay sure” way and Taehyung laughs.

“So when do you get off work? I wanna make it up to you.” Taehyung inquires already changing the subject.

I check my phone, “In 15 minutes. And you really don’t have to. Unless it has to do with food. Are you going to buy me food!” I ask, suddenly energetic at the thought of eating.

“Well, I guess I have to now.” Taehyung chuckles at my excitement. “How does ddeokbokki sound?”

I give him a thumbs up. “Truthfully I don’t care what we eat as long as it’s edible. I’m that hungry.” I confess putting my belongings back into my bag.

I can already taste the spicy-sweet ddeokbokki; I have to remind myself not to drool from the mouth-watering images that are running through my brain like a slideshow. Taehyung stops my hand before I can put my Fairy Tail manga into my bag along with my other possessions.

 “You read manga?” He inquires wide-eyed. I can’t tell if this is a good thing or not but I nod anyway and he lets go of my wrist, apparently satisfied by my response. “What are you reading?”

“Fairy Tail…” I reply looking at him suspiciously now because he seems to be more excited at the thought of me reading manga than food which my hunger driven brain can’t understand.

His eyes light up, “Fairy Tail! I love Fairy Tail! Have you watched the anime?” he asks going into instant fanboy mode.

“No, I haven’t actually. I can’t find anywhere good to watch it, I really want to though.” I say putting the manga into my bag along with the other books I purchased earlier today.

His face breaks out into a mischievous Cheshire cat smile as he sneakily walks backward toward the door while my attention is still on my bag and getting organized.

“I think I have an even better way to make you forgive

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter