13

Do What You Love.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ari’s POV

I run into Coffee Prince, and quickly scan it for any sign of F4 or Bangtan, but I don’t see them. My head slumps down in disappointment.

“I’m too late...” I whisper to myself. *Sigh* Might as well get a coffee since I’m here.

I walk towards the counter and order my drink, as I am about to take a seat, a deep familiar voice stops me.

 

"Kim Ari?"

 

I whirl around and smile when I see who it is." Yoo Seung-Heon! What are you doing here?”

 

"What does it look like?" He says tilting his latte up so I can see it.

 

I scowl, “Sorry, just trying to make polite conversation.” I turn to the counter when the barista calls out my order.

 

"So what are you doing all alone on a Friday night? don't you have any friends?" he jests watching me as I grab my drink.

 

I sip my drink awkwardly “Actually... I did have plans but... I guess they didn’t really work out.”

 

Seung-Heon smirks, "What did you get ditched?"

 

I roll my eyes and playfully hit him on the shoulder, “Noooo it’s because I lost the address to where I was supposed to go.”

 

"Oh really?" he says voice dripping with sarcasm. "And where is this imaginary place you were supposed to be? Maybe I can help you find it," he finishes with a laugh.

 

Even though I don’t want him to think I’m a pathetic little girl that lies about having plans, I don't tell him it’s at Jimin’s house. Seung-Heon and Bangtan hate no more like loathe each other. I would too if someone wrote an article about how my dancing looks like a monkey having a seizure. Despite his harsh words, I've learned that Seung-Heon’s a pretty decent guy if you get to know him and get past that tough exterior.

 

I decide to just ignore the question, and instead “Why? Do you want to tag along or something? Matter a fact... what are you doing here alone, Mr. I’m So Busy All the Time?”

 

He sends me a boyish grin, which makes me laugh in return because it looks so much better than his permanent smirk.

 

“Troublemaker!” someone shouts interrupting my thoughts. I look at Seung-Heon but realize it isn’t deep enough to belong to him, plus he doesn’t call me by that nickname.

 

I turn my head from side to side trying to find the source of the sound.  I find it at the door once my eyes lay on Jimin who stands there giving me a face spilting grin. But my own smile slips away as I quickly calculate the situation: Seung-Heon + Jimin = Disaster.

 

Crap. This isn’t going to end well at all.

 

Seung-Heon peers down at me, the boyish grin still plastered across his face, "What are you looking at?" he begins to turn around and I reach out to stop him so he doesn’t see Jimin, but I’m too late.

 

It’s like the world is in slow motion as the two boys recognize each other, Jimin’s face goes sour and Seung-Heon goes back to the cold mean smirking guy everyone thinks he is. I sigh, the memory of his carefree smile begins to fade away before I could even fully appreciate it.

 

"Oh hey, I almost didn't see you there." Seung-Heon yells to Jimin but then whispers to me “Because he’s so short.”  

 

He looks down at me expectantly, waiting for me to laugh but I just shake my head, “Stop Seung-Heon.”

 

I don’t know why he tries to act so tough and hard when I know he’s a nice guy. He gives me a strange look but then turns his attention back to Jimin,"What's up monkey?"

 

Seung-Heon steals a glance at me to gauge my reaction.  I don’t want to give in to his childish games, so I remain expressionless. I wish I could say the same for Jimin. In the blink of an eye, Jimin stands in front of me. He grabs Seung-Heon collar and roughly shakes him. His normally calm and pleasant demeanor slowly changes as his face contorts in anger; his nostrils flare, eyes closing into small slits.

 

"You want to say that again nerd!" Jimin grinds out through clenched teeth.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter