21 |

Do What You Love.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I manage to jump in before Jimin can press the button that closes the elevator doors. He stares at me shocked as if the thought of me chasing after him when he’s upset is so mind-boggling. I watch as he wordlessly resigns himself to the back corner of the elevator. He lowers his head and avoids my eyes.

I pant slightly from my sprint down the hallway and call out to him breathlessly.“j-Jimin.”

 

He doesn’t even respond, he just snuggles up to the wall as if being close to me with harm him. I’m starting to get annoyed. I think I can manage to keep two friends happy, but it’s proving to be harder than I thought.

 

“Park Jimin!” I scream when he continues to ignore me. His eyes snap up in surprise and he stares at me. “Yeah hi, Kim Ari here. Can you see me now?” I ask waving my hands in front of his face. “What’s your problem? Why didn’t you stay and hang out with us?”

 

He scoffs then raises his head, staring at me through cold eyes and a set jaw. “What’s my problem?! What’s your problem! Why is Taehyung all alone with you in your house?" He asks slamming a fist against the metal walls. " I’ve never even been there once!”

 

I flinch startled and wring my hand together. This is the first time Jimin has raised his voice at me, he must be really mad. Jimin sees my scared expression and takes a deep breath as he calms down a little bit. In a calmer and quieter voice, he continues.

 

“You guys are always laughing and smiling together. All the rainbows and unicorns shooting off you guys make me want to hurl.” Jimin confesses scrunching up his nose in disgust but it looks cute to me. “You’re supposed to be my friend but you're always with him...” he trails off and pursues his lips into a pout.

 

I smile and giggle when I realize what’s going on. Jimin is jealous! Jimin glares at me as I continue to quietly laugh.

 

“Yah! Are you laughing at me!” I can see the pink dusting his cheeks and I smile, he’s even blushing. I shake my head no but burst out laughing. Jimin frowns at me and I suddenly feel guilty for laughing so I stop. Instead I hook my arm through his and snuggle up to him like a koala bear. I’m looking forward so I don’t see Jimin’s cheeks flush red from my touch and his heart skips a beat.

 

“I’m just laughing because you look so cute when you’re jealous. Don’t worry; I can be friends with both you and Taehyung. But do you wanna know a secret?” I tease tugging on his jacket for him to lean down. When he does I bring my mouth to his ear and I whisper, “I like you better than Taehyung, even if he did get me anime. And ddeokbokki.”

 

I pull away and then stare at him with a poker face, as if I’m reconsidering my statement. “Wait what am I saying? The guy bought me food and anime and I just left him there! I need to go back!” I tease, pretending to walk out of the elevator.

 

Jimin grins and wraps his hand around my wrist, stopping me from going. “Yah! Don’t play with my heart like that. I’ve done plenty for you too Troublemaker,” he retorts when I turn around to face him with a giddy smile on my face.

 

“Yeah? Like what?” I ask.

 

Jimin pauses to think, “Well... I’m taking you to the dance am I not?”

 

I give him an unimpressed expression. “More like I’m letting you take me,” I joke but truthfully I really wanted to go so I’m glad Jimin asked me. I wouldn’t want to go with anyone besides him.

 

“Speaking of the dance, I came to your house to ask you what color your dress is so I can match with it.”

 

I smile at the big grin Jimin wears as he continues to talk about the dance. He really wants to go doesn't he? We talk about the dance details until the elevator dings at the penthouse floor, Jimin’s floor.  We stop talking and a comfortable silence falls over us. Jimin exhales and looks into his apartment as the doors slide open then back at me, his eyes asking an unspoken question. I can tell he doesn’t want the night to end but would rather continue talking inside.

 

I shake my head, “Sorry Jimin, I am beyond tired. I just came back from work, and then Taehyung showed up-.” As if on cue a yawn slips through my lips, cutting me off mid-sentence.

 

Jimin purses his lips and nods, “I understand. You do look tired, you should get some sleep.” I can hear the disappointment in his voice as he puts his hand inside his jacket pockets.

    

  “Go get some sleep Troublemaker.  I won’t allow my date to have dark circles and bags under her eyes,” he jokes trying to lighten up the mood and mask his earlier dissatisfaction.  

 

I nod half-heartedly and smile to please him. I immediately regret refusing his invitation. I don’t want to end the conversation either but I really need to sleep and get back to Taehyung. It’s not right to just leave him alone in my house, who knows where he could be snooping around. He might even be in my underwear drawer. My eyes widen at the thought and Jimin chuckles watching my expression.

 

“What’s wrong with you Bug Eyes?” I hit him for calling me that and he frowns at me, complaining about how he can’t hit me because I’m a girl. I don’t want him to be mad at me again so I wrap my arms around his warm sculpted torso, laying my head against his chest, “Good night Jimin. Sweet dreams.” I can hear his heartbeat faster; it’s so loud I can hear it as it pounds against his ribcage.

 

Jimin hesitates before wrapping his muscular arms around me but when he does, I can tell he forgives me for earlier and now for cutting our hang out short. I lift my head up to look at him because his heart seems to race even faster. My eyebrows furrow in confusion and concern.

 

“Hey, Jiminie? Are you okay? Your heart is beating really fast.” Jimin reluctantly pulls his head away from where it’s resting on my head. He mumbles something incoherent (It’s because you're so close to me) then peers down into my eyes. “I’m fine. Don’t worry.”

 

We pull apart from each other and I take a moment to just appreciate how handsome he looks even in sweats. Bangtan and F4 had dance practice tonight so he’s in his rehearsal clothes. Under his jacket he has a red plain hoodie and sweatpants on. Surprisingly Jimin isn’t wearing a hat today even though he wears one with almost every outfit. His tresses, actually visible today, look soft and tempting; his jet black hair is tousled like he’s been running his hands through it a lot. I didn’t think sweats could look so good but Jimin manages to look charming. When I finish checking him out observing his appearance, my eyes travel back up to his face and my breath catches. Jimin’s eyes are trained on me, his eyebrows raised as a smirk pulls at his lips.  “Like what you see?”

 

I roll my eyes and nudge him with my shoulder but don’t bother to deny it. I yawn and once again I’m reminded of my exhaustion. Jimin notices the presses me the 3 button in the elevator before hopping off.

 

“Go to sleep Troublemaker. I’ll see you tomorrow.”

 

I put a hand over my mouth to cover another yawn before waving at Jimin as the doors close.

 

 

 

I wake up to the sunlight streaming through my windows and I can’t help but grin. I can just tell today is going to be a good day. Why? Because the dance is today! I sit up and brush the hair out of my face. I think this is the first time I’ve actually been happy to wake up for school. Thinking about the events of last night I pull off my covers and grab my towel from my desk chair.

 

When I got home after talking to Jimin, Taehyung was nowhere to be found. He had left a note on the coffee table that explained that he had left and I shouldn’t worry but just enjoy the food and anime. My smile falters when I think about how I just left him to run after Jimin. Taehyung will understand right? I decide to not think about any negative things for the rest of the day and just focus on getting ready. I take a shower then put on our school uniform, even that looks decent on me today. Nothing can spoil my good mood today.

 

After getting ready I leave my room and go into the kitchen to grab some toast and maybe an apple. My morning commute consists of me riding my bike which doesn’t give me much time to eat a full breakfast.

 

Haneul comes out of her room and immediately searches the bathroom, my room, the living room and finally enters the kitchen. She narrows her eyes when she sees me and cautiously walks towards me like I’m some dangerous animal.

 

I stare at her strangely, “What?” I ask when she continues to frown at me.  

 

“Where is he?”

 

“Where is who?” I ask taking a bite of the warm bread.

 

“You know exactly who I’m talking about. The boy you brought home last night! He stayed over didn’t he?”

 

I roll my eyes but still smile because this is Haneul’s od

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter