17

Do What You Love.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Taehyung?”

I blink and rub my eyes to make sure it’s really him. I look him up and down, hes wearing a leather jacket with his hair gelled up. He looks like a real bad boy, it’s a look I’m not used to seeing on him. This isn’t Taehyung, this is a completely different person.

 

He gapes at me with wide eyes, lips slightly parted from surprise. I think all that kissing has messed with his head because he just stands there staring at me.

 

“Taehyung? Who’s that? Who is she talking to, V? ” a high pitched voice says from behind him. I almost forgot about the girl he was face with because I'm so shocked at seeing Taehyung.

 

“ Sumin-ah...” Taehyung steps aside with a look of panic. Sumin walks forward and slips her hand into his making their relationship more obvious. As if them making out wasn’t evidence enough.

 

With long, brown, loose curly hair and big, doe-like eyes, she’s the makings of a perfect ulzzang. She’s even the perfect height for Taehyung, just reaching his shoulders. I can tell she’s loaded because of the camel-colored cloak/cape thing she’s wearing and the long, black gloves on her hands. Every time she moves her diamond earrings sparkle and shimmer, I almost have to shield my eyes from how shiny they are. If it had to guess, I would say this is one of those “rich girl dates bad boy to piss her rich parents off” situations, but who knows.


 

 

 

 

“Who’s Taehyung?” she asks again, eyebrows furrowed in confusion, then she peers up at Taehyung. “Is she talking to you? V, how do you know this girl?”

 

There’s that name again, “V” she keeps calling him V. I scoff, I was right, this is a completely different person. He opens his mouth to respond then closes it, thinking better of whatever he was going to say.“V” looks at her, then at me. He throws an apologetic glance my way before looking at her once more.  He smiles down at his, I’m guessing, girlfriend and says in a voice dripping with aegyo.

 

“Yeobo~ I have no idea who this girl is. She must have me confused with someone else. Let’s leave her alone,” he takes their intertwined hands and pulls her away. Sumin reluctantly follows looking back at me once. Then she laughs and shakes her head like the thought was so silly.

 

“Of course you wouldn’t know her, you'd never hang out with someone like her.”

 

V stops walking, as if he’s going to turn around but then he just continues walking, ignoring her comment. I watch them walk away until I can’t see them anymore.

 

What just happened?

 

I'm still not sure what I just witnessed. I stand there frozen, letting everything sink in. I would have fully believed that the person who was just standing in front of me was a different person, this V character, if not for that slight pause at the girl’s rude comment. I guess it's true what the guys say, Taehyung is a player. I look down at my clothes and check my reflection in the window. My hair is in a very messy bun, my big, geeky, glasses are slightly crooked and theres a huge stain on my uniform from when I spilled coffee on it this morning. In conclusion, I look like . *sigh*

 

This is probably what Sumin meant by someone like her.

  

 I weakly open the door to the store, it's like that whole altercation has robbed me of my strength as well as my sanity. A million thoughts run through my brain as I walk towards Chanyeol with a dazed expression.  

 

Why did Taehyung act like he didn’t know me? Is Taehyung really dating her? How come he acts so different around me? Are we really friends?

 

Chanyeol taps me on my shoulder, breaking my train of thought. “What’s wrong with you? You look like you just saw a ghost.” Yeah a ghost of a friendship that just died.

 

I honestly thought Taehyung and I were friends. I knew I should have followed my instincts the first time I met him, they were telling me he was fake and I shouldn’t trust him. Did I listen? No, and now I’m standing here looking like a fool. Chanyeol stares at me and I realize he asked me a question.

I shake my head and force a smile “Nothing’s wrong, I guess you just never truly know a person.”

 

Chanyeol opens his mouth to question me more but then a customer walks up to the counter saving me from the interrogation. I force myself to concentrate on ringing up the man’s books instead of thinking about Taehyung and how he completely denied knowing me.

 

“Troublemaker! Wait up!” Mina yells from behind me.

 

I know what she’s going to say so I walk faster, trying my best to escape. I’ve been avoiding F4 and Bangtan all day because wherever they are, Taehyung is sure to follow. And I really don’t want to talk to him, just the mere thought of him pisses me off. She eventually catches up to me and grabs my wrist turning me around.

 

I look at her with mock surprise, “Oh, hi Mina! What’s up?”

 

Mina rolls her eyes and smiles “Oh don’t give me that. You heard me calling you.”

 

“OK, maybe I did.” I shrug, really not interested in this conversation.

 

Mina takes my arm which is still firmly in her grasp and starts dragging me off somewhere.

 

“Where are we going?” I ask as the bell rings signaling the start of class.

 

“To the practice room to meet the others. We feel like you’ve been avoiding us, so we are going to make it so you have no choice but to hang out with us” she says playfully.

 

I bring my feet to a halt and yank my wrist from Mina’s tight grasp. “Us” includes Taehyung and we know how I feel about him right now.

 

“Mina, sorry but I can’t. I need to get to class.” I begin to turn around but Mina side-steps me blocking me from walking any further.

 

“Why are you avoiding us all of a sudden? I thought we were becoming close, if you don’t want to hang out with us just say so and I’ll leave you alone.” she utters looking down, with he hurt evident in her voice.

 

It’s not you I’m avoiding, it’s Taehyung.

 

I didn’t know Mina felt this way, she isn’t the problem, it’s Taehyung and what he really thinks of me. Am I a friend? Or someone he talks to only out of obligation.

 

“Mina, of course, I want to hang out with you it’s just that things are... complicated right now. But ya know what? Who cares anymore, take me wherever you want.” I willingly stretch my arm out to her, urging her to take it. She chuckles and takes my arm, dragging me towards our destination.

 

We stand in front of the practice room and I realize it’s the same room where I watched the mystery boy dance. Mina looks left and right making sure no one is watching us, even though the hallways are empty because everyone is in class. It’s still morning classes which means required classes like math and science so no one will suspect us to be in the dance department right now. Mina lets go of my wrist and opens the door revealing F4 and Bangtan all doing different things. Suga and Bora are listening to songs on their phones probably talking about producing and the mixes they've made for the competiton. Ha Sun and Jin are debating who can make the better kimchi fried rice while Rap Monster and J-Hope are comparing rappers. Jungkook, Jimin, and Tae Hee being the best dancers are doing what they do best. Dancing. But one person is missing. Taehyung.

 

I sigh in relief but it disappears when the door closes with a loud, ominous click causing everyone to pause what they’re doing and stare at us. Mina runs towards her boyfriend like she hasn’t seen him in years when it’s only been a few minutes, leaving me to fend for myself.

 

Rubbing my neck I look at the ground because I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter