/30

Do What You Love.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Saturday

 

Tae’s head snaps up and he suddenly starts having a coughing fit. I watch patiently as the red in his face slowly drains away and he quites down. It takes a while and I begin to doubt why he’s really coughing.

 

“Sooooo....?” I question crossing my arms over my chest. “Do you like her?”

 

His eyes shift to the side “....no” ehem “No. I don’t like Ari.”

 

I observe him, how he won’t met my eyes but then after a few pregnant moments his eyes shift and our pupils lock.

 

“But you like her, don’t you?” he asks with a teasing grin. Now it’s my turn to look away. “You do, don’t you! Why else would you be so angry at me?” He literally pokes my sides wanting to force an answer out of me.

 

I slap his annoying hands away and my lips uncontrollably curl into a smile, “Yeah, so what if I do? I admit it, I like her. Why else would I be so worried something happened between you two.” I ticker with the leather bracelet on my wrist slightly embarrassed to admit it.

 

He snickers, “There’s definitely nothing, okay?   It’s actually kind of embarrassing, but that was probably the most uneventful night I’ve spent with a girl. She really is a troublemaker messing up my record like that...”

 

I send a swift kick to his chin and frown, “Yah, you got to sleep on the same bed with her! I would not be complaining.“

 

After he finishes rubbing his chin he punches me in return, “Bro, let me just tell you she snores and moves a lot in her sleep Her kicks are stronger than yours! I swear I have bruises, she needs to join our national soccer team. We could win the World Cup with her kicks.”

 

I smirk and reply with “Good, you probably deserved it.” causing Taehyung to rolls his eyes at my statement.  

 

“Shut up, at least I don’t send girl running away at the mere sight of me.” He stick out his tongue and I smother the urge to yank it out of his mouth. “But really you need to talk to her since something obviously happened between you two.” Taehyung chides suddenly growing serious.

 

I step away and let out a frustrated sigh, “Why do you think I’m here, I’ve tried talking already. What do you expect me to do when she won’t see me?”

 

“Call her?” Tae quickly replies.

 

I shake my head, having tried that multiple times after she ran out. The object Ari dropped was her charger and I choose to believe her phone is dead, not that she’s (which is more likely) ignoring my calls.

 

“Then... “ Taehyung begins. I can see the gears turning in his head. “...I could call her and then we could ambush her or something? I could ask her the things you want to know. I could be the messenger or middleman or whatever,” he eagerly suggests. I can tell he is trying to be optimistic and cheer me up.

 

I smile at his idea and decide that we might as well try it. I mean what do I have to lose? Tae tries calling and I feel my heart speed up as I think about all I things I want him to ask but the most important one would be where are you? I just want to talk to her in person and apologize, she deserves that much. But....she doesn’t pick up.

 

Taehyung scoffs and leaves a voicemail, “Yah, Troublemaker! You’re ignoring my calls too? Where’d you run off to?” Tae glances over at me then looks away “Today was supposed to be our adventure day, but whatever I don’t care. Just call me back.”

 

I try not to feel relieved. Atleast I’m not the only one she’s ignoring. That’s good right?  

 

He hangs up and sighs before pocketing his phone, “What now?”

 

I shrug, “Check her house? It’s been like 30 minutes since she left, maybe she’s back home now. I really want to talk to her today, the sooner the better.”

 

Tae yawns and nods ”Arraso, let’s go.” He doesn’t bother to cover his mouth so I do it for him by slamming his jaw back up. I laugh as as he glares at me while massaging his cheek, “Forget it! I’m not helping you, go find her yourself hobbit.” He crosses his arms and turns away like a child.

 

I go to the couch and grab my backpack, making sure to put Ari’s charger inside so I can give it to her when I see her. I turn back around and walk towards the door “Stop being so dramatic.” I grab Tae’s arm and pull him along. “Call me hobbit again and I’ll kick your .”

 

Taehyung laughs, “Ooooo I’m so scared~”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter