18

Do What You Love.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As soon as the bell rings, I race out of the classroom, not paying attention to Jungkook and Tae Hee who are yelling after me to wait up. I run down the stairs and into the hallway, towards my locker and let out a breath of relief. Finally, I can have some peace of mind. I would trade this hallway full of bustling people excited and impatient to get to lunch and meet up with their friends instead of Jungkook and Tae Hee interrogating me any day.

“What’s going on with you and Taehyung?”   

“Are you two fighting?”

“Are you going with Jimin to the dance?”     

     “What are you going to wear to the dance?”

          “Hey did you do the homework? Can you help me with #4 and 5? Wait who am I kidding... can you help me with the whole worksheet?”

 

Those were some questions they bombarded me with, none that I could answer. Especially the homework question. Who actually understands Calculus? When my locker comes into view, my face breaks into a huge grin and my usually fast strides become slower as I soak in the view. Leaning against a nearby locker is Jimin looking like some male model that just walked out of a magazine. His face is illuminated by the warm sunlight streaming in through the window adjacent from him, giving him an angelic glow. His uniform jacket is off exposing his white button-down that he's decided to roll up to his elbows. I can help but notice the way the veins in his arm pop out when he takes off his leather snap back and flicks his head, fixing his hair before putting his hat back on. He looks down at his phone as if he’s waiting for someone.

 

I watch as another male student walks up to him and they talk for a little bit. I’m too far to hear them but I can guess what they’re talking about. Jimin hops off the locker and bows, as his cheeks flush red. Jimin is leaning against the guy’s locker, probably thinking it’s mine. Which is an honest mistake, because the guy’s locker is three down from my own. I giggle and continue walking until I’m only a few feet away from them. Jimin turns, sees me and beams. I smile in return as he quickly walks up to where I stop at my locker.

 

“This is where your locker is?! I thought it was that one,” he points to the locker he was previously at where the male student stands disposing his books before closing it and joining his group of friends.

 

I shake my head. “Nope, it’s this one.” I prove it to him by putting in my combination and opening it.

 

He nods his head with pursed lips, “I’ll have to remember that.”

 

I chuckle, “You do that. So why were you attempting to wait at my locker?” I ask exchanging my books for my specially made, allergy-free, lunch before slamming my locker door shut.

He shrugs in response then we begin to walk towards the lunchroom, and I’m surprised. Jimin is usually MIA during lunch. Only showing up 15 min before it ends, stuffing his face with food and then leaving again. I always and say he’s going to get indigestion if he keeps eating so fast. To this day I still don’t know where he disappears to. I turn to look at Jimin, but he won’t meet my eyes. As we walk, he just stares at his feet like they are the most fascinating things in the world. It’s probably the most awkward moment I've experienced with him. Jimin stops walking when we are a few feet away from the cafeteria doors. It takes me a minute to realize he isn’t by me anymore. When I do, I turn around and catch Jimin smiling at me with one of those smiles people wear when they daydream, just a slight upturn of the lips. I’m confused as to why he’s looking at me like that but I ignore it and walk back to him to ask why he stopped walking.

He loops his thumbs into his belt loops and bites his lip in a nervous manner, “Before we go inside, I want to ask you something.” He pauses to clean off an invisible scuff on the ground, not meeting my eyes. “Do you remember what Suga said earlier today? Ya’ know... about the dance?”

I know exactly what he’s talking about but I love seeing this nervous, shy side of Jimin so I continue to act oblivious. I remain silent, when he finally looks up at me I blink and slowly shake my head no.

He scoffs, “YAH! Do you have short term memory loss? It was like two hours ago.” I stifle a laugh. Regular Jimin’s back, but continue to not say anything.

 

He rolls his eyes, and he whispers, “You're so immature. I don’t even know why I’m doing this.”

 

My ears perk up and I furrow my eyebrows, wondering what exactly he is doing. “Okay I admit it, I know what you're talking about. It’s about what Suga said right? About us going together?” Jimin slowly nods his head, as if he doesn’t want to admit it. “Okay, so what about it?” I inquire not sure where this is going.

 

Jimin rubs the back of his neck, “You're really gonna make me say it huh?”

 

I continue to stare at him.

 

“Troublemaker...”

 

I mumble "Mhmm," to encourage him to continue as the suspense and curiosity builds up inside me.

 

Jimin locks eyes with me and with rock-solid determination says “Will you do go to the dance with me?”

 

My eyes widen, and I quickly inhale as I let his words sink in. My heart beats faster and the conversation I had with Tae Hee earlier comes rushing back.

“Are you going to go to the dance with Jimin? You two would look so cute together!” Tae Hee exclaims.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter