9

Do What You Love.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I take a deep breath as I walk closer and closer to the room the newsletter meeting is taking place. I look down at the paper Mr. Ahn gave me and groan as I wish he was here to introduce me. He said he had a teacher's meeting to go to first before coming to this meeting so he sent me on my way with a simple pat on the back and the corner of some scratch paper. The slip of paper has the room number and a message for the president saying it was okay for me to be there.

 

I stop in front of a door making sure the class number matches the one on my paper. Class 4-A. Yup this is it. But I don't make any movements to open the door.

Is this such a good idea Ari? What am I even going to say? I’m too awkward for this.

 

While I’m wrapped up in my thoughts, I don’t notice the door swing open until it hits me in the head sending me to the ground.

 

“Oww.” I whimper as I rub my probably red forehead, I can already feel a knot forming. Why am I so freaking clumsy?

 

“Are you okay?” A deep voice pulls me out of my thoughts.  I look up through squinted eyes at the boy who just slipped through the door. His slightly curly velvety black hair reaches just above his shoulders. He shifts and the sunlight from the adjacent window exposes warm brown eyes filled with concern.

I don’t know how he can make those thick glasses look so handsome when I always look like a nerd with mine. His glasses slide down as he continues to inspect me and I watch as his expression hardens.

 

 “Another fangirl,” he mumbles straightening his posture and retracting his hand that was formerly out to help me up.

 

Fangirl? what? Did I hear him correctly? He adjusts his glasses before putting his hands deep into his pant pockets. He looks down at me with a mix of boredom and disgust.

 

I quickly get up and brush invisible dirt off of my skirt,  “Excuse me, can you repeat that please?.”

 

He scoffs. The expression of concern that was there just second ago is long gone now and has been replaced by a look of pure loathing.

 

“Don’t try to act dumb, there's nothing I hate more than a dumb girl. This has unfortunately happened too many times, so I know how you girls think. You're thinking that once you give me that--” he points to the paper in my hand. “ --confessing your love to me, that I will wrap my arms around you and whisper into your ear that I love you too and we should be together."

 

I quickly slap my hand over my mouth in an attempt to suppress the giggles that are rising up in my throat because of the absurdity that is spewing out of this guy's mouth.

 

“But that’s never going to happen, because

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter