Love Again

Monochrome

The man in a white coat check Myungsoo's heartbeat. A while ago he also took the blood sample. He nods while writting some notes on his paper board. The patient just stare at him blankly, while the other man staring at the doctor curiously. Hoya is nervous of the result, even more nervous than the patient.

"I see, Myungsoo-ssi see improved a lot. Iron deficiency is almost cured. The blood pressure and haemoglobin is in the right level."

"So?" Hoya ask in curious tone.

"So I think, he can go home soon. We will do overall check tomorrow. Myungsoo-ssi can be discharged after that. Sure Myungsoo-ssi still have to take a proper rest and enough nutrition so his condition won't get bad again."

"Oh...thank God." Hoya smile. Myungsoo just chuckled in his heart, seeing how riddiculous he is. A few moment later the doctor and Hoya went out of the room to talk about some administration procedure. Meanwhile, in the room, Myungsoo just lying lazily. He sighed. No,of course... he's glad that he can get out from this suffocating building called hospital. But what should he do after this? Back to his crappy life? After this he will live with Hoya again. And it will remind him on how pathetic he is. What should he do after this? What people usually do after they lost their love and dream? Oh yeah...usually they dead.

"It's a good news, right? Finally you will be out from this place." A cheerful voice appear in the door. Myungsoo looks at the door and smiles instantly. Bora is standing there holding a koala doll with a big ribbon in its neck. Creepy.

"Oh no...don't you dare to give that 'thing' to me..." Myungsoo closed his eyes in horror.

"Why? It's cute. A little bit resembles you actually."

"For the God sake I'm 23. And I'm not a girl." Myungsoo grumbling

"Who said doll only for girls? And for the God sake you still look like 16 by appearance. So you have to take care of this baby koala. Usually people who stays at hospital get bear doll as 'get well soon' wish...but this koala is too cute. So I bought it for you."

"Ewhh...You make me feel sick again." Myungsoo rolled his eyes.

"Shut up!" Bora hits his soulder.  "Wait, I need to talk to Hoya about something. I'll be back. Take care of this baby." She gets out of the room to find his boyfriend.

Myungsoo just shook his head. How can Hoya the most invincible and perfectionist person he ever know, fall in love with the quirky and weird girl like Bora? It doesn't make sense. Myungsoo hold the koala in his lap. A moment later he's giggling. Damn, this thing sure looks cute somehow. Myungsoo curse himself for liking his present.

:Later at night Myungsoo walks through the corridor again, towards the bench in the balcony where he used to spent the night thinking and talking, even sometimes smoking with a mysterious high school girl that he doesn't even know her name. Tonight she's there too. Sitting alone in the bench, still in her uniform. Drinking a can of beer. Myungsoo chuckles, wondering that maybe this girl is some kind of gangster or loner.

"No smoke, beer instead. Impressive." Myungsoo said while he sits on the bench. The girl doesn't even look at him. She continues sipping at the beer cans.

"I need something sweet like alcohol. Beside tonight I'm celebrating something." 

"Celebrating?" Myungsoo gazes at her. The girl took another can of beer and give it too Myungsoo.

"You want some?"

"Celebrating what?" Myungsoo asked again.

"My defeat."

"What?"

"This is the end of my project, ahjussi." She grins like an insane person.

"You mean, your stalking project? What happened?"

"I'm giving up. I'm moving on."

"He dump you? He got girlfriend already?" Myungsoo chuckled. 

"No. He just...too good to be true. Too perfect." She smiles. Wicked as usual.

"Tell me about that."

I built my courage to step into his room today. I thought I could say something like 'hi' , 'are you okay' or 'I'm your classmate since junior high. I have a crush on you since forever, but you don't even know my name' or something similar. But he surprised me, by smiling as I enter the room. He smile and call my name. Yeah...he knows my name. He recognizes me...all this time...he know I'm exist. I didn't believe that. Although it was awkward at first but we talk. A lot. He said he feels glad that I visit him, even though we barely talk all this year at school. I feel like my heart can't contain the bubbling feeling inside it. Until he drop the news. That he's moving. That after he get out from the hospital he will move to Canada. Attending Music School in there. He said he wants to be a violist. That was the time I realize...he shines more when he talks about his dream. The sparks appear on his small eyes as he talk about his passion on classic music.

Like a perfection.

And I realize that my crush is silly. That I should stop. If I want him to shine more I have to stop and let him go. Then, he asked me if I still play guitar. Damn, he even know that I play guitar? I said that I don't play guitar often anymore, that it sounds bad, that I should go. That I wish him good luck. That...I will give up. And move on. He smiles and waved at me as I say good bye and left the room.

The girl laugh. Like she just told a comedy story. Myungsoo just stares silently holding his beer can. Later he opens the can and drinks eagerly. Myungsoo laughs too. Well, life is indeed, funny.

"You did well." He said.

"I did?"

"Yeah. Too well for a reckless and alcoholic high school girl." Myungsoo scoffed. The girl laughs again. Myungsoo's not sure if she's drunk or not.

"Dream and love are addictive, ahjussi. Sometimes it make us feeling like a fool. Sunggyu still has that dream and he's young. It will be too cruel and silly if love distracts it." She said.

She open another can of beer, gulping it down. Myungsoo stares at him, trying to looking for any sign of bitterness and sadness on her face. But he can't find it. That girl is too hard to read. She's like a mystery.

"So it will be the last night you go here?"

"Yeah, ahjussi can take this whole balcony by yourself."

"Well, I'm not really interested." Myungsoo chuckled.

"Why? You have no smoking buddy anymore?"

"Nope. I will be discharged tomorrow."

"Good for you...then. So it's celebratory for both of us. Cheers." She brings her can closer and Myungsoo tossed it with his can. They're laughing. No. They're no drunk. It's just that...life is too funny.

"Why do you always bring guitar? Do you play it?" Myungsoo looks at the guitar case curiously.

"I wish I could play it for Sunggyu. But I couldn't. I guess it's a waste."

"Then play it now."

"Why?"

"It's a celebration. People sings and play guitar in this kind of mood."

Then the girl chuckled as she opens her guitar case. Revealing a Martin Custom HD with a name carved in the side of it. Myungsoo reads the name.

"Soyou. Nice name."

"Ah...I just realize that I never told you my name."

"Should I tell you my name?"

"Don't need to. Kim Myungsoo ahjussi. Your name hanging in front of your room's door." She scoffed.

Myungsoo laughs. This girl is seriously surprising.

"Then stop calling me ahjussi. I'm 23."

"Can you shut up? I'm gonna sing right now. It was the song that I want to play for Sunggyu before."

"Okay."

"It's a foolish song. I hate it, but I like it. It's weird, right?"

She's weird too. So it's okay. Then her hands playing through the chords, transferring a soft melody. Myungsoo smiles. Cranberries - Linger. Old song, a very nice song heard as she sing.

 

Oh, I thought the world of you.

I thought nothing could go wrong,

But I was wrong. I was wrong.

If you, if you could get by, trying not to lie,

Things wouldn't be so confused and I wouldn't feel so used,

But you always really knew, I just wanna be with you.

 

But I'm in so deep. You know I'm such a fool for you.

You got me wrapped around your finger, ah, ha, ha.

Do you have to let it linger? Do you have to, do you have to,

Do you have to let it linger?

 

Then they spent the rest of the time by talking and laughing, until the night gets old. Soyou put back the guitar on its case, wrapped it as she stands up to leave the balcony. Myungsoo stares at him blankly. Somehow there's a weird feeling in his chest. He barely knew the girl, but the mysterious vibe around her makes Myungsoo thought that maybe someday he will meet her again...or maybe not.

"Soyou-ah...I have a question." Suddenly he said.

"What?"

"You said earlier, Sunggyu is young and he has his dream. At that state love become so silly. Then what about people that no longer have dream left?" Myungsoo gulps the last sip of his beer. A pause moment where Soyou just stand in silent. Thinking about the question. Before finally she let out a chuckle.

"Who knows? Maybe they should find new dream...even though it's hard. Or maybe if they're lucky...their heart will choose to love again. Just maybe. I'm not really sure anyway, like you said before...I'm just a high schooler."

Myungsoo smiles. If they're lucky...they will love again.

 

The next day Myungsoo already packed all his belonging. Actually he doesn't have a lot to pack, just some clothes and crappy books. Myungsoo scoffed when he saw CNBLUE CD and koala doll in his wardrobe. To be truth, sometimes Myungsoo think the big ribbon on the koala doll is creepy. He can't believe that he accept that doll yesterday.

"You need my help to pack?" Bora enters the room with two cups of strawberry juices. Myungsoo smiles. He doesn't know why her voice always managed to force him to smile. She handed one of the juice cup to Myungsoo.

"Thanks...I don't have a lot to pack. It's not like I'm moving house." He said. Bora sits on the bed still holding the juice, while eyeing Myungsoo that still packing.

"Hoya is on the way. He just texted me saying that he just had a big cleaning operation on the apartment just to welcome you."

Myungsoo just scoffed and muttered another 'ummm' after hear that. Bora notices that the younger always reacted like that when they talked about Hoya.

"I know you hate him. But please...try to get along. Hoya is sometimes annoying and sassy, but he tries hard."

"Who said that I hate him?" Myungsoo said in the low voice.

"You didn't say. Just...it looks like that." 

"I don't hate Hoya hyung. I'm just scared of him." Myungsoo put down the juice cup in his hand, place it on the drawer near the bed.

"Scared?"

"Don't you think that Hoya hyung is too good to be true? He's practically like lead male character in manhwa story. He's invincible." He chuckled. Bora smiles.

"Sometimes...but he doesn't ask for that, Myungsoo. You can blame it on him just because he's born that way."

"I know. I just...jealous."

"You jealous?"

"Yeah...I know I shouldn't act like this but I... I just... I wanna be like him." Myungsoo gazes at Bora. A silent moment as Myungsoo keep looking at Bora intensely. The latter feels the changing atmosphere. She can't help but feels her heart beats abnormally.

"W..why?" She stutered. As Myungsoo get closer to the space where she sits right now.

"Because I think it's nice to be him. He's smart, good-looking, cool and kind...and more important...he has you." Myungsoo takes the juice cup on Bora hands and place it on the drawer as he grabs her hands and pull her close. Bora looks at him in dazed. Still can't believe in what the younger just did. She fels like her body forzen, like she can't move. As Myungsoo got closer and leans his face. Before place his lips against her.

The short and gentle kiss. Bora cursed herself for not being able to move away. As Myungsoo keeps going she can feel there's a desperate feeling on that kiss. No this is wrong...They shouldn't do that. Hoya...

"Myungsoo..." Bora pulls away. Looks at Myungsoo in disbelief expression. Her mind went blank.

"Noona...I think I like you..."

Myungsoo said as he looks straight into her eyes.

 

 

[okay...I'm sorry I make this story this way...but, it's been planned. Forgive me if this is too long and maybe boring. I'll try to make the next chapter more interesting. :p]