Bad Guy

Monochrome

Bora's eyes start to tear up. She glares at Myungsoo who still looks at her closely. Bora wants to cry. She can't believe what just happened. Her hand is trembling. Her voice is hoarse.

"Whattehell are you thinking? Why did you do that, Myungsoo?"

"I want it." Myungsoo said coldly.

"You know this is wrong. You know I'm with Hoya."

"I know it for sure. Blame it on my heart that I like you. But do you really hate me?"

"Stop it Myungsoo... " Bora tries to walk away.

"You like it, right? You like the time you spent with me. Because we have a lot in common. Unlike you and Hoya hyung, we're both imperfect and somehow we just understand each other." Myungsoo said.

"But this is not right! So cut the crap!"

At that time Hoya enters the room. Looking in daze watching the intense scene. He's clueless about what just happened. The older man looks at his little brother and his lover in confused expression.

"Did I just miss something?" He asked innocently. A moment of silent. Bora tries to calm herself as she walks outside, giving sign that she's going to the washroom. Hoya tries to look for explanation from Myungsoo, but the latter just sighed and look away.

Bora washes her face roughly, wiping the tears on her cheeks. Brushing her lips, while cursing at herself for not be able to avoid it before. She looks at the reflection of her face in the mirror, fighting the urge to keep crying. That's the moment when she hears Hoya's voice from outside the women's washroom.

"Bora-ya...are you okay?" Hoya soft voice, calling gently. Making Bora wants to cry more.

"I'm okay..." Bora replied with trembling voice.

"Really? You don't sound like okay. Are you sick or something? Should I come in?" His tone changes into worry.

"No. I'm fine. Wait, I'm getting out." Bora said while putting some make up on her face quickly to cover her teary face. She sighed, trying to calm herself. She gets out and Hoya's worry face greets her. Hoya puts his hand around her shoulder.

"What happened?"

"My contact lenses scratched. It hurts." She lied. Hoping Hoya will be convinced.

"Aigoo...you should be more careful. Is it okay now? Should we get doctor to check on your eyes? I mean, while we're still in the hospital."

"Gwenchana...I just need to take it off for a while." She smiles.

"Okay. Be careful later okay..." Hoya ruffled her hair before place a kiss on it.

The drive home is super awkward. Hoya feels like he's the only one that got excited, because both Myungsoo and Bora just keep silent. Hoya notices that. The eerie atmosphere around those two. Hoya just tries to ignore it, even though he wants to ask about it so bad. Did his girlfriend and his brother have a fight? Did he did something wrong? He’s dying to ask, but he thinks about Myungsoo's condition. He just recovered and bickering in the car is not a good solution. 

On the other hand, Myungsoo who just sits quietly in the back seat, has a lot of things in his mind. First, he mentally slapped himself. What did he do? He kissed his brother's girl? He must be insane. He doesn't even know why he did it. He just wants to. And at the same time it feels like freedom. Myungsoo feels relief after did that. Like he just did ambiguous action. Confessing his feeling and hurting Hoya at the same time. Maybe Myungsoo just feels lonely, confused and desperate. And sometimes those things can make people become unkind.  He becomes too heartless to care about Hoya's feeling.

Hoya POV

I got this uneasy feeling since the day Myungsoo back from hospital. I think strange atmosphere always present around Myungsoo and Bora. They're both weird and quiet. I mean, Myungsoo is always quiet but Bora used to be talkative. It’s weird to see her become quiet like that. But I try to ignore my worry. At least for now things got better for Myungsoo. He recovered fast, and he said he’s going to back attending his classes. Yeah, that photography class. Myungsoo is sure stubborn. I know how hard it is for him to play with color, saturation and light. But he works hard. He bought a new DSLR and start taking picture again. Even tough I can tell that he has less confidence and the result is inconsistent. But he keeps trying…and I can help but feeling proud of his effort.

No One POV

Bora and Myungsoo haven’t met again since the day Myungsoo discharged from hospital. Bora always tries to avoiding Myungsoo. Even though sometimes she feels that Hoya notices that. But it disturbing, the look in Myungsoo’s eyes is disturbing. Like it can make you freeze at the time. Bora hates herself for doubting her own feeling everytime she remembers that eyes.

Bora rested her head on her work desk, trying to get away from uneasy feeling in her chest. It’s been late at night and her office is quiet. It’s lonely. Too bad, she used to come and storm to Hoya’s apartment when he feels like this. But right now she can do that, Myungsoo is there. Bora doesn’t want to see that kid. Not right now. Suddenly the buzzes at her phone snap her from her thought. Unknown number.

“Yoboseyo…”

“It’s me.” Myungsoo's voice.

“What do you want?” Bora tries to sound calm.

“Talk. Explain. Apologize.”

“…”

“I notice you’ve been avoiding me since that day. Funny, you are the one that suggest that we should be friend.” She hears Myungsoo's chuckled.

“Yeah, and friends don’t kiss each other. Especially when one of them is somebody’s lover.”

“You’re angry.”

“You’re expecting me to not angry?”

“No. But do you hate me?” 

Hate? Hate Myungsoo? To be truth it's more like a symphaty. Myungsoo is overboard...but....why...why she can't hate him?

“Hate is not an easy word.” She replied.

“I’m fine as long as you don’t hate me. Noona, you said to me earlier right? You can’t blame people that born with certain thing attached on them  Isn’t it the same? You also can’t blame people that bound with certain feeling. It’s not like they ask for that. It’s not like they can choose what they feel.”

“What are you trying to say, Myungsoo?”

“You can blame me that I like you. You know I lost everything. I was lifeless and have nothing left. And you were there, offered me a little kindness. I was desperate, lonely and want nothing but hurt myself. But you were there, saying we have a lot in common. Saying that I’m not a tool, I’m not broken and I don’t need any fixing.”

A pause moment and Bora swears she can't hear Myungsoo's voice is trembling. Like he just fighting with many emotion. To be truth she feels bad. Myungsoo is just a lonely kid. Bora can't say anything and just keep silent, gripping on her phone.

“You were there. You’re cruel, Noona. Offering affection to a broken figure and forbid him to love it?” Myungsoo scoffed.

“Hoya was there too, Myungsoo. He’s with you all the time. Long before me. Even when you push him away. He stays. And you know damn well that he’s the one that will be hurt the most.”

“I know. But like I said…affection can be so cruel for a hopeless person like me. I want to stop feeling that way towards hyung, but…when you see something as perfect as him you only have two choices. To fall for him or to try hard to hate him. In your case your heart choose first, and I can’t help but feeling like the second. Do I sound cruel? Maybe I am. This life turns me become this heartless.” Myungsoo laughs.

Bora doesn't like that laugh. It's like the bad guy's laugh. It doesn't suit him. But she just keep frozen in there. Can't manage to say anything at all.

“So, what I’m trying to say is…I want to say sorry, for acting overboard. You can forget that kiss, it was accident. But my feeling is not. It will be nice if you stop avoiding me from now on.”

Myungsoo hangs up. A moment later he sighed. He’s cruel. Yeah, indeed.

“So right now, I’m the bad guy, right?” He chuckled. Slowly walking towards the mirror and saw the reflection figure on it. Myungsoo smirks. Did I just turn into a villain? Impressive.

At that time he hears a knock on his door. He opens the door and saw Hoya in his working suit. Looks like he just got back from office.

“Have you slept? I’m just checking if you’re home or not.” He smiles.

“I’m not a kindergarten kid, hyung. You don’t need to check up on me all the time.”

“I know. I ordered Chinese food for dinner. Eat before you sleep.”

Myungsoo just muttered a small "mmmm", later he's about to close the door of his room when Hoya suddenly call again.

“Anyway Soo…Are you free tomorrow?”

“I don’t know.”

“I’m thinking about we’re eating out for lunch tomorrow. There’s new Italian resto that I want to try. I’ll ask Bora to too. It’s been a while since we eat together. Oh wait…we actually never eat together just three of us. What do you think?”

Myungsoo doesn't like eating out. But suddenly a weird feeling appears. Three of us?

“Sounds good.”

The next day Myungsoo waits alone in the reserved table at the Italian restaurant at lunch time. Hoya is on his way, probably with Bora too. Myungsoo smirks ,feeling like there’s a weird fear and exciting feeling on his chest. To be honest he doesn’t know what’s going on with himself. He’s cruel. This is bad. He knows it. He wants to stop. But can’t. Maybe this is what every antagonist character in the movie feels. They know they do something bad, but they can’t stop. It’s pitiful.

A moment later he saw Hoya’s car drive slowly toward the parking lot. Hoya and Bora get out from the car. Myungsoo thought Bora will have sad expression, but turns out she’s lively as usual. She wears blue navy dress and looks so beautiful. It’s the first time he saw Bora wearing dress, since she used to be the boyish type who always wears jeans and sneakers. The two lovers walk holding hands entering the restaurant. Myungsoo feels a tighten feeling on his chest. Bitter. Is it jealousy? Funny…how can you ve jealous over something that not even yours?

“You wait for a long time?” Hoya asked as he reach te table.

“Not really long.”

The three sits around the table. Everything seems normal as they eat. Myungsoo can’t help but notice how Bora and Hoya always look sweet. Maybe not cheesy and handy like other couple, but the gaze between them is deep and meaningful. And somehow it is annoys him.

They’re done eating. Hoya said that he will go back to office and offered Myungsoo a ride back to college. But Myungsoo refused. Instead he asked for something.

“Hyung, do you really have to back to office now?”

“Not now. I still have about an hour break. Why?” Hoya notices there's a change expression on the younger face.

“I need to talk to you. Just us two.”

 

PS: I'm sorry I make Myungsoo sounds like a bad guy here. Well, people always have dark phase on their life, right? Just hope that Myungsoo will get a hold of himself sooner... :D