Déjà vu

Monochrome

Two men sitting in the bus station in silent. One of them busy with her phone. The other one looks sleepy and leans his head on the wall. Hoya chuckles, seeing how funny Myungsoo’s face with those dark circles around his eyes.

“Woah…girls should look at your face right now. I bet they will be shocked and stop saying that you’re as handsome as Song Joongki.” Hoya teases.

“Shut up…argh…I’m sleepy…why we have to catch the bus now? Train is more comfortable.” The younger man pouts while struggling to keep his eyes open.

“Because there’s no train until 9 PM which is mean ten hours from now. We can arrive to Seoul earlier with bus.” Hoya said while give his attention back to his phone. 

“And why we need to come back to Seoul so soon?”

“Because Bora’s birthday is tomorrow.”

“Really?” Myungsoo opens his eyes wide.

“Yeah…and I don’t get any present yet. Not even having any preparation.”

“Sorry…it’s because you have to come to get me, so you don’t have enough time to prepare for her birthday.” Myungsoo said while looks down.

“What are you talking about? It’s not because of you. To be honest even if I had time, I can’t even think about any idea of what present that I should give her. Argh…I always feel like this every years. it’s frustrating…” Hoya sighed while put his phone back to his pocket.

“Why are you frustrated? It’s not like she’s a typical city girl who wants Aston Martin or trip to Maldives for birthday gift. She’s not ordinary.”

“That’s the thing…she’s not typical…and it’s hard for me to guess what she really likes. It will be easier if she's the type of girl that will melted when her boy friend bring her to candle light dinner and give her diamond ring.” Hoya sighed again. Myungsoo eyeing him on a moment. He understands, that couple is so different. Not just by personality, but also habit and preference.

“The bus is coming…let’s get on, you can sleep again later.” Hoya said while taking his luggage. Myungsoo stands up and look at the bus that proceeding towards the station. Two men entering the bus, along with other passengers. Those two choose to sit side by side on the third row. Myungsoo sits against the window, resting his head on there while trying to get more sleep. The bus is leaving the station and drives in the highway.

“Soo…” Hoya called.

“Hmm…”

“You’re still awake.” He chuckled.

“Thanks to your disturbance.” Myungsoo said while keep leaning his head on the window.

“I think about something…I mean, Bora’s present. I think I know what I want to give her.”

“And what is it?” Curiosity drew the younger man. Hoya smiles and leaning closer towards him, whispering something on Myungsoo’s ear. Myungsoo’s eyes got widened after hear that.

“What?!”

“What do you think?” Hoya grins. Myungsoo paused for a moment. He looks at the happy grin that plastered on Hoya’s face and there’s a tiny bit of jealousy that tickling. He wonders, so this is what it looks like…when a man in love. When a man has someone that they cherish. So this is what it feels like. Myungsoo wonders when he will be able to feel the way Hoya feels right now.

“Why do my opinion matters?” He chuckles.

“Because…you guys are…what is it called? Common? Yeah…you have a lot in common. So…I think you know a little bit more about this thing.” Hoya said. Myungsoo’s mind wondering along. He once said that he loves his brother’s girlfriend. Maybe really he did... or maybe he didn’t. Funny how right now he's not sure about that feeling. But he surely understands the way Bora thought. They were friends and they love a lot of things in common. Myungsoo smiles at the end.

“She’s gonna love it, hyung…it will be a lovely present.”

Both of them laugh. Myungsoo back leaning to the window pane when Hoya pokes his head.

“Here, rest your head here. You neck will hurt if you keep leaning to that hard window.” Hoya said while giving his shoulder towards the younger. Myungsoo can’t help but scoffed and laughs.

“No way…we’re gonna be look like lovey-dovey gay couple.”

“Come on…this kind of view is usual in today’s generation. You know how current idols used to give fan service? They’re worse.” Hoya said making Myungsoo laugh. He ends up placing his head on the older man shoulder and it's indeed comfortable.

He was about to close his eyes and drift to sleep on Hoya’s shoulder when suddenly he feels something shaking. Myungsoo opens his eyes only to feels a swing from the bus like it’s been strayed. Myungsoo feels scared. It was very fast until he feels Hoya embracing him along with a loud sound of something crashing. Myungsoo’s mind can’t work. He just closed his eyes and whisper… “Hoya hyung…”

 

Braaaakkkkkkkkkkk!

 

Myungsoo feels like floating and landed in the cold hard ground. He swears he hears the clattering glass sound from the window. People scream. Myungsoo doesn’t able to do so, because he feels so hazy. For a moment everything’s become black.

 

Myungsoo open his eyes, feeling like waking up in another world. He hears people chattering. He saw something burning and he feels his shoulder throbbing like hell. Myungsoo look around and just realized that Hoya is still embracing him. Hands on his shoulder, only Hoya eyes are now closed.

Myungsoo feels the horror. His mind snapped back and he realizes what just happened. Myungsoo see blood everywhere. People are bleeding. They’re reaching for help, and the bus that they’re ride is flipped and burn. Myungsoo tries to wake up and shake Hoya’s shoulder.

 

“Hyung…Hoya hyung!” Myungsoo feels like crying. He keeps shaking the older man’s shoulder only to see that bloods are dripping from Hoya’s body. Form his head, his hands, his shoulder, and his legs. Myungsoo is colorblind, but he knows that these are bloods. Myungsoo wants to throw up looking at that, but the horror in his eyes is more terrifying.

“Myung…soo…” Hoya muttered, eyes half closed. Myungsoo gasped in panic.

“Hyung…oh my God, you’re bleeding…a lot.” He starts crying.

“You’re okay. Thank God you’re okay.” Funny how Hoya still manages to smile even on that time when he’s struggling to keep his eyes open. Slowly those eyelids drift close and Myungsoo can’t be more terrified. The younger man screams aloud in panic.

“Hyung…look at me. Don’t close your eyes…Hyung, please stay with me…Hoya hyung! Please, not you too...”

Myungsoo still shaking Hoya’s shoulder when suddenly he feels some people surrounding him. Those men wearing white clothes that look familiar in Myungsoo’s eyes. They lift Hoya’s body from Myungsoo while helping Myungsoo to get up. Myungsoo grab one of their hands.

“Help him…please…”

“Sir, stay calm…okay, we’re here to help you…” The white coat man said while holding Myungsoo to lift him on the portable bed.

“No…no…no, please…I’m okay. Please help my brother…please help him…” Myungsoo keeps babbling.

“Sir, please stop moving…we’re gonna help you both…”

“Please help my brother first…Please save him…he can’t die…Hoya hyung! Please save my hyung…”

Myungsoo screams, ignoring the pain on his shoulder as he saw Hoya being lifted by other man. Hoya’s eyes are still closed and Myungsoo hates that. He screams and cries, calling Hoya’s name. It's horrible like a horror. But funny how Myungsoo feels it's familiar like a deja vu. Like he have been on this scene. He thinks over and over again. But he can't figure it out. Until everything end up being hazy and blurry.

 

He opens his eyes and feels someone squeezing his hand. Myungsoo looks at the ceiling and realize where he is now. He turns around only to see his aunt, the one who hold his hand tight, smiling at him lovingly. Myungsoo wants to smile back, but he feels hurt on his shoulder every time he tries to move.

“Myungsoo… Honey, thank God… You’re awake…”

“Aunty…” Myungsoo feels his voice is hoarse. That’s the moment when he realizes something. He’s here, wounded but alive. What about Hoya? The view of Hoya’s bloods and closed eyes snapped Myungsoo. At that moment he quickly tries to get up.

“Hoya hyung!” He screams. He feels the pounding pain on his shoulder at that moment, making him groan and fall back to the bed. His aunt holds him tight.

“Myungsoo…don’t move, okay…You’re still weak. You’re shoulder is wounded.”

“What about hyung, aunty? Where is he? How is he? Tell me… he’s okay?”

“Myungsoo…calm down sweetheart. We’ll see him later…”

“It is my fault. If he wouldn’t come to Busan for me he won’t get into that accident. If something happen to hyung, it is my fault…it’s always been my fault…”

Another fault.

 

It's a deja vu for Myungsoo. He saw this scene before. He felt this way before. He screamed this way before. The day his mom died. The day Hyorin and Sungyeol died. This is the feeling. And this is the worst feeling Myungsoo ever feel.

"No, hyung...not you too..."