Chapter 23: Rush

Professional Dream Catcher

XOXOChapter 23XOXO

-Rush-

 

*Kai's POV*

 

The surprise turned out to be a success. She was so happy she cried and I could tell she loved everything. I shift in my bed when I remembered something she didn't notice.

 

We were dancing; she was laughing and I just looked at her, mystified by how beautiful she looked but then something outside moved and I was just in time to see Dong Mi walking away. I didn't tell her that he was here, it might look like a jerk move but I couldn't. Something told me that if I did tell her, I'd have to watch her saunter off to him, leaving me alone.

 

I sit up and rub my temples, I won't think about it. It wasn't necessarily a sin. A smile places itself on my lips when I see the bracelet she gave me earlier.

 

We were dancing; there was no music, we just swayed to the rhythm of our smiles and laugh when she suddenly stopped and took off her bracelet, offering it to me she said

 

"This is one of the bracelets I made when I was still a kid, keep it and guard it well. It brings good luck."

 

I feel my smile grow wider. This girl is really strange. After getting ready for the day's schedule, I go out of the room and see her preparing breakfast, she was humming a familiar tune and I almost tapped her when a bright idea struck me.

 

Her back was facing me and she hasn't noticed me yet so before she does I tickle her sides and hug her tight. I'm so sick of pretending that I'm not head over heels for her so I'll stop pretending just like that.

 

She was already gripping her sides, eyes closed shut, mouth open -laughing- muttering something I couldn't decipher.

 

"What?" I ask, leaning in.

 

She leans in closer to me and bites my ear. I instantly release her and touch my ear. I look at her with the intention of tickling her harder but the closeness of our face- a mere inch- struck me. For some reason I see a smirk form on her lips, her eyes taunting me then after a few seconds she leans in and whispers.

 

"You could've kissed me but you didn't. Wise move Kai." then she slaps my back and carries on as if nothing had happened.

 

I sit on the dining table and think; she’s playing a game and I'm willing to bet that she's good at it- if not the best- but what is a game if she's the only one playing? I smile, I'll play with her.

 

April 6, her birthday. There was a reason why we couldn't celebrate on this day, it's because our schedule today is hectic and we couldn't move it to any other day nevertheless we still greet her and have a celebration during our breaks.

 

I purposely act sweet towards her; she's not blind and not numb either. She knows I like her so I'm acting the part, I just want to know how she'll react and to my surprise she doesn't push me away or ignores me.

 

One time I hugged her from behind and she turned to face me, burying her face in my chest, hugging me back, mumbling something incoherent. For the whole day we acted like this, like a couple and at times we would bicker playfully. The day ended and I didn't ask her about anything. I didn't clarify what we were, how she felt because I'm happy.

 

I'm afraid that if I do ask then the happiness that I -we- just felt would vanish, pop like a bubble. So for today, just for today I -we- bask in our feelings, not minding that everything is indefinite, instead wishing that the moments wouldn't come to pass.

 

April 7, Thursday. I wake up to someone violently shaking me.

 

"Kai-shi, wake up. Manager Hyung has something to tell us."

 

I sit up and rub my eyes.

 

"Fine, fine. I'm awake." I say, standing up and washing my face.

 

************

 

We were in the practice room, rehearsing everything. Earlier, Manager Hyung told us that our comeback was moved earlier for reasons no one really understood but one thing's for sure, that meant we would need to practice extra hard to perfect everything.

 

*Hye Kyung's POV*

 

I stretch up and sip from my empty tumbler. I groan and tilt the tumbler to see that I've already downed my third cup of caffeine, I look at the clock. 3:45 am. I stand up and make myself another cup, I know it's probably bad for my health, probably killing myself but what can I do? I need the boost. This is the second day I'm pulling an all-nighter, two days without sleep is driving me over the edge but the boys are working hard too, sleeping only for six hours tops and since I need to cover everything they do well, I don’t have time to rest either.

 

April 9, the final day of their practice before their debut. These past few days have been exhausting for everyone but Kai still doesn't forget to remind me of taking care of myself; always giving me food when he sees that I forget to eat and telling me over and over again to find time to rest and... I will, after all of this.

 

To be honest I've let myself fall for the guy. How can I not? But the fear still eats me up sometimes. At least I'm giving 'love' another chance.

 

It was already 10 in the evening and we still haven't had dinner, I was adjusting the cameras and taking some notes. I haven't had time for anything else other than covering everything they did, writing articles and updating my blog so when Kai hugged me, burying his face in my unwashed hair I kind of freaked- the coffee didn't help my nerves.

 

"Hey hey, No." I tell him, untangling his arms around my waist. "I haven't washed my hair since two days ago.

 

He smiles and finds his way back to my side, embracing me anyway.

 

"I don't care if you haven't washed your hair for a week, I'll still bury my face in your hair and inhale your sweet cherry scent." he tells me; face buried in my hair, a smile in his voice.

 

"Don't forget to eat and at least get some shut-eye okay? You look so tired and pale its worrying Me." he whispers, hugging me tight before leaving to continue the practice.

 

"Whatever you say boss." I call out.

 

Tomorrow's their comeback and I want to be able to cover everything. I know they'll do it perfectly -like how they always do- and I want to embed it in my mind so I'll make sure to get some rest. Tomorrow is a big day after all. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

and BOOM, I'm on fireee. HAHAHAHA. Hope you like it! 

xoxoxo Kyon Seul