Chapter 2: It starts with...

Professional Dream Catcher

XOXOChapter 2XOXO

-It starts with...-

 

*Hye-Kyung POV*

Ughhh. What to do? I dropped my I.D yesterday and Lee Kyung will definitely find out about it, I touch my forehead in exasperation. I'm gonna be fired earlier than I thought. I was about to enter the elevator when Joo In, Lee Kyun's secretary, stopped me and told me to go directly to Lee's office. Here comes the end, I thought to myself.

I was dreading every step towards his office, I didn't want to be fired, and despite my laziness and tardiness I love this job. I was thinking of what I'll say to save my position when I realized that I was already in front of his office. I took a deep breath and knocked three times. "Come in." he said.

Suddenly my feet felt like lead and I couldn't move; this could be the end. I went in and waited for him to scream at me or yell or something..... Bad. But to my surprise he was smiling and clapping. I looked around to see if there was anyone else around but there wasn't. He stood up, walked over to where I stood and tapped my back.

"Good Job, I didn't know what you did or how you did it but you did a commendable job." I stood there, dumbfounded. Huh? What's happening?

"Uhmmm. Sir, can I know what happened?" I asked while politely smiling.

"Oh you, no need to be modest. I don't know what you did but sment agreed to let us cover EXO's practices and the release of their new album, granted there will be a week of trial which means, we need to be able to push up their ratings and sales but I know you can do it. "He laughed. Another pat in the back. I just stood there, at a loss.

I walked here thinking I was going to get fired, then this happens. I didn't know if I would treat this as a miracle or as a curse. I was about to bow, thank him and retreat to our department when he coughed then added "oh and you're going to be living with them for the whole week and if we push up sales or ratings, you're going to be living with them for 3 months." then he smirked.

WHAT? What the fudgicklesticks was that about? Me? Living with a bunch of guys? This is definitely a FUDGIN CURSE. The last time I even lived with someone was with my family, I've never lived with strangers (duhh, why would I?) then he tells me that I'm going to live with a bunch of (probably snotty) guys?! Nuh uh.

"Uhmm, can I still cover the story without living with them?" I asked shyly. I'm gonna use my girliness for this situation. kekeke

"They train almost 24 hours a day, I want a throughout cover story. I want it; you deliver and don't use that girly charm on me. You won't fool me. Tch."

He sat back down and picked the telephone up, looked at me and added something to my already miserable morning

"The company confiscated the keys to your condo. It's only temporary- he added, when he saw my eyes widen with shock and fear-,  just until the story is finished and don't worry, all your essentials are already at their dorm." He smirked at me (with an evil aura).

Ughhh, he was doing this on purpose. I went out of his office and went right to our department. I sat down on my chair and ran my fingers through my frizzy hair (the humidity is killing me, my hair is naturally straight) and rubbed my forehead.

"Eun Sang. Can you please bring me coffee?" I called.

 "Give me a sec, Unni." She answered back.

After a minute or two Eun sang came with my coffee. She took in my frizzy hair, my crunched forehead, my crumpled clothes and my messy office. She sighed.

"Already a rough day?" She asked while placing the coffee on my desk.

"Ughh. Don't even start." I told her everything, while I went around and cleaned my office; I didn't like messy things too much. I just didn't have the time to clean up this week. After I finished telling her everything she hugged me while patting my back.

"It's okay Unni, you're not alone. I'm here and I can help you." then I heard her sniff. Eun Sang really is so innocent and pure; she cries and laughs on the smallest of reasons. She's one of my reminders that the world is not all that bad.

I hugged her then placed her just so she's facing me, as I thought she was already crying.

"Aya, Eun Sang. Stop crying. You're right, we can do this and we're gonna start this right now. Let's see where I'm gonna stay for a while shall we?" I smiled and cleared her watery eyes.

"Mianhe Unni, I can't go right now. My sister was rushed to the hospital, don’t worry it's not critical -she hurrily answered when she saw worry filling my eyes- I just really need to be there." she continued. I told her it was okay and gave her money to buy fruits then I went to sment and faced my destiny.

//FAST FORWARD//

I was standing with manager hyung inside the elevator in the sment building. I can't help to notice the small details -that's my job- how manager hyung wasn't comfortable with me being here, how he was most uncomfortable with the idea of me filming and documenting each members' move and how the his aura tells me that he wants to strangle me right there and I really believe that he would (strangle me) if he could. This thought sent a lump in my throat and I swalled hard.

We finally reach the floor where we need to get off and manager hyung guided me to EXO's practice room. I heard it before I saw it, they were practicing to the song "What is love" I didn't know why, that was released a long time ago. Manager Hyung knocked on the door and opened it. Inside I saw 12 attractive guys-no doubt about that- Who was playing a game I didn't recognize.

When I entered, they all stopped to look at me. Manager Hyung cleared his throat and told the group my purpose then he looked at me and said "Introduce Yourself".

I positioned myself where they can all see me, bowed and said "Annyeonghaseo, I'm Han Hye Kyung. You guys can call me Hye Kyung or Kyung for short."

I went back to my normal posture then I heard someone scoff, I looked at them to find who it was and everyone was looking at the guy who wore a smirk, Kim Jong In.

I need to be polite, I need to be polite, and I need to be polite. This is my new mantra. I looked at Kai and smiled at him then proceeded to look at everyone.

"I hope for your cooperation and kindness."

All of them except kai went closer to greet me; Baekhyun was the first to move. He pinched my cheeks then asked me "How old are you?"

I smiled and said "22" they all gasped.

"You’re only 22? Then we're older than you, call us oppa." then they all laughed.

Harhar, no way am I gonna call any of them that. I laughed.

"Hahahaha. I'm never gonna call you guys that, the age difference isn't that big anyway." then I slapped the back of the one closest to me which at the time was Sehun.

After that everyone except one member naturally warmed up to me, no surprise that the one who didn't warm up was kai. Not that I actually expected him to be warm, I actually like it this way. Before I went here, I promised myself that I would avoid kai at all cost and only talk to him for formalties and only if I really needed to.

It's not like how I imagined it to be, they weren't snobby or arrogant and by the end of the day we were already able to talk like normal friends.

I was about to say goodbye when I remembered that I couldn't go back to my OWN condo -.-". So after their practice which was a little after 9 (pretty early) I followed them to their dorm. I think they thought I would still shoot them so manager hyung dropped the bomb.

"Starting today Ms. Han will be staying with you." he said inside the already quiet car. They all had different reactions though most of them gasped and shouted with joy, kai just sat there, eyes wanting to bulge out of their sockets, obviously shocked by the news.

Baekhyun and Sehun were the most excited, they kept saying how they wanted to show and teach me many things. .

"YAH! Will you guys stop shouting? I already told you this earlier!" Manager Hyung complained.

"I thought you were just joking." Baekhyun answered, laughing.

Oh.. So they knew this earlier..

I couldn't keep up with their energy, I was already tired. This was my last thought before I drifted off to undisturbed sleep....NOT. After about 3 minutes (I think) someone violent was shaking me, I didn't want to wake up. Ughhh. The shaking just got more violent and I peeked to see who it was, it was kai. He looked irritated.

"Yah! Woman Wake up already!" he said then shook me again. I opened my eyes then stood up forgetting I was still inside the car...

"Ahh. Ouch. Fudge. That hurts. Ahh." I bumped my head in the ceiling of the car.

Nice, smart move hye kyung. Baekhyun went to the car door to help me out

"Are you okay?" he asked.

I just smiled and said "I'm okay. Just a little dizzy probably from stress." I tried to laugh it off.

When I went out of the car, I scoffed. Their dorm is only a few streets away from my condo, couldn't they just let me stay there. --.--" We went inside the building then to their unit. I had to say, it wasn't that huge but I was a fan of loft style living and I love what they've done to the place.

It has a homey feel and it was easy to be comfortable. They were already dispersing into their rooms and I just stood there being my awkward and geeky self.  Where am I gonna stay? Well, anywhere is fine really; just give me comforters and pillows.

I was getting ready to settle in the couch when sehun tapped me and asked

"What are you doing?" it looked like he was trying not to laugh.

"Uhmm. I'm settling in?" I answered uncertainly.

He laughed and said "We're not gonna let you sleep on the couch. Please, we're gentlemen. -he was dancing gentlemen by psy now- You can take kai's room, it's the most neat." he was making his way to his room when I stopped him

"What about kai? Where will he sleep?" I asked sehun who was still dancing to gentleman -awwww. Cutiee-

Sehun smiled and said "We all adjusted so you could have your own room" he smiled.

I felt myself smile. Aww, how sweet.

"Kamshaminda. Thank you very much." I said, genuinely smiling for the first time that day.

Sehun showed me kai's room and left me to rest.

Yessss, at last a bed to sleep in. I jumped on the bed and stared at the ceiling. The bed was warm, I was already sleepy but I couldn't sleep. I was about to change into my sleeping clothes when I remembered that I slept in lingerie-like clothes (I can't help it, this were the clothes that I was given) and I still needed to do something to be able to sleep.

I went outside the room and checked to see if anyone was there, fortunately no one was. I placed my iPod on the dock and scrolled to find my own version of a lullaby. I found it, played it then positioned myself in the middle of the living room.

When I heard the piano introduction I closed my eyes and danced to "Baby Don't Cry". Yes, this is my lullaby. I felt every word, every note and the melody. My eyes were closed the whole time, by the time the song was finished my eyes were watery -this particular song has that effect on me.

I stood there for about a minute, calming myself when someone clapped.

I froze. I never, ever let anyone see me dance my own version of that song. DAMN.

I slowly turned to see who killed the mood then I scoffed.

It was Kai, leaning of the wall, clapping his hands and wearing my I.D.

"Good Job Ms. Lim Kyon Rae" he said while staring at me with such intensity that I can't help but look away. He took of my I.D and dangled it for me to get. I walked to him and was about to get my I.D when he raised it to a height I couldn't reach. Ughh, Deym disadvantegous height.

"Eh eh eh. Before I give you this, answer my question. Why use a different name in introducing yourself?" he asked.

I rolled my eyes. When he saw it, he smirked and raised my I.D up higher. Ughhh. This guy is beyong irritating. Why is he interested anyway?

"It's not a different name, it's also mine. I don't like the name on that I.D" I answered nonchalantly.

He gave me my I.D back, bent down to whisper "You're a great dancer."

Then he left, with me frozen for the second time that day, with actions that confused and made me want to cry to the fullest. I knew that guy was trouble and I'm going to stay away from him.

When I finally defrosted, I went to my room and changed for rest.” I won't think about it” was the thought in my head when sleep finally claimed me.

 

*Kai's POV*

The day was the same as ever. Practices, training but at least according to the schedule, we were only up to 9 pm. Before we went to start the schedule Manager Hyung knocked on the door saying that he had an announcement.

This was new; Manager Hyung almost never went to the dorm just to announce to something. I placed myself on the couch. I was still sleepy and I was drinking strawberry milk to wake me up. When the other members sat down, Manager Hyung cleared his throat and started

"Starting later this day, someone is going to shoot and write your every move and she is going to stay here with you."

Everyone was dead silent, I myself, was shocked. Stay here? With us? Baekhyun was the first one to regain himself.

"Wahh. A girl with us? Finally, god loves me so much." then he laughed. Everyone reacted except me. I was rattled but I don't want them to know that. So i just smiled.

"Where is she gonna stay?" D.O wondered aloud. Everyone swiveled their heads and looked at me. 

"What?" I asked them in confusion.

"You have the cleanest room" Sehun said

"And the most neutrally designed bed sheets" Suho noted

"Also the most accessible of all the rooms" chanyeol agreed

"Ask D.O, I'm not gonna be the only one to decide." I answered like I didn't care.

"It's fine with me." D.O shrugged

"It's settled then, she will stay in your room." Baekhyun said smiling.

Just then a suitcase was delivered in our doorstep. To be accurate, two suitcases.

How long is this girl gonna stay with us? After an eventful morning we went to train and practice. There was nothing in particular for this day, we just needed to improve and that meant free time to do almost anything.

So the whole day we basically just played, we had a lot of laughs, we sang and danced to some of our previous songs and this is where something interesting happened. While I was dancing to what is love, someone knocked and opened the door.

It was Manager Hyung again with Ms. Lim Kyon Rae; my eyes widened in realization, don’t tell me she’s the one who’s going to stay with us.

"Introduce Yourself". Manager Hyung told her and she obliged.

"Annyeonghaseo, I'm Han Hye Kyung. You guys can call me Hye Kyung or Kyung for short." She said.

Han Hye Kyung?! Who is she kidding; I have her I.D right here. What a liar, I scoffed.

Everyone warmed up to her, they were all friendly. Don’t get me wrong. I’m also friendly, just not so much with girls… I find it hard to be around them.

Practice finally ended and we all fixed our stuff. We were about to go back to the dorm when I realized that Ms. Rae was just trailing behind us looking like a lost puppy, not knowing what to do. We went inside the car and surprisingly she also got in. I didn’t know she had the certainty and guts to do that.

"Starting today Ms. Han will be staying with you." Manager Hyung cleared up. They all went hysterical, especially Baekhyun and Sehun. Well well well, looks like my guess was right. She is the one who’ll be staying with us. This will be.... intersting, I smirked.

The dorm wasn’t too far from where we came from, but she fell asleep. Probably from exhaustion. I don’t know, though I know how hard it is to wake her up. I already shook her at least 12 times and yet she hasn’t even budged. I don’t want to note this but I can’t help it, when she was asleep she looked like an angel. She isn’t perfect but something draws me to her. I also noted how long her eye lashes were, and she didn’t even have make-up on.

"Yah! Woman Wake up already!" I screamed into her ears, she smelled like strawberries- like in my dreams. Why do I even notice these things?

She stirred, opened her eyes and forgot where she was.

"Ahh. Ouch. Fudge. That hurts. Ahh." She said. I flinched, Pabo. Eh, thought that would happen. I went inside and went straight to my original room to get some clothes. I didn’t bother to empty my wardrobe, she won’t be staying here that long anyway, then I went to Baekhyun’s room, my temporary room, and just laid there.

I actually didn’t expect that Mr. Soo Man would go as far as to let her stay with us. I thought he would just allow it, not like this.

Everyone was already inside and I was no longer alone.

“She’s hot eh?” Baekhyun nudged me with a silly smile on his face.

“She’s fine.” I answered.

“Eishhh. You can be honest with your hyung.” He teased.

I laughed. “What about you? You like everyone.” I teased back.

I got up and was about to change when I heard the slightest sound which sounded like the intro for “Baby Don’t Cry” so I went to check it out.

I peeked and saw Ms. Rae waiting for something, so I went to take a look. She didn’t seem to notice me because she started dancing.

I was shocked; I didn’t expect her to be this good. She’s graceful yet firm, her hips are always in time with the beats and she had so much emotion on her face, though she had her eyes closed - she shouldn’t do that, what if someone tried to kiss her?- I could feel the emotions she was feeling. The song was coming to an end and I was still in awe with the way she moved, I didn’t see anybody who moved like that.

I was leaning on the door and she was just standing there, so I broke the silence, I clapped.

"Good Job Ms. Lim Kyon Rae" I said.

I was holding her I.D. I’m going to give it back but first, some answers. She tried to grab it but I raised it higher, I’m taller than her so I watch her jump for it. It was actually funny; I tried very hard not to burst to laughter.

"Eh eh eh. Before I give you this, answer my question. Why use a different name in introducing yourself?" I asked, I preferred Lim Kyon Rae better. It suits her in ways I can’t ever explain.

She rolled her eyes, a gesture that suits he in a weird way. I smirked. "It's not a different name, it's also mine. I don't like the name on that I.D" she said. Her eyes burning holes in mine.

I wasn’t contented with her answer but I didn’t probe much more. I’m gonna do my own investigative work.

I bent down and whispered in her ear. "You're a great dancer.” Then I went inside my room. I didn’t know why I did that, my body acted on its own and I’m quite proud of it.

I went to my laptop and checked all my saved emails from my fans. I found what I was looking for in the folder 2014. I scrolled down to the folder of my birthday and located the video, played it then confirmed my memory.

Lim Kyon Rae is the could be the same fan who sent me a cover video of the songs “What is love” and “Baby Don’t Cry” when I had my birthday, though I can't be sure. The girl who covered the video had a mask on, so it covered half of her face - I still don't get why she did that- but they have very similar body movements, Ms Rae's are just more accurate.  It’s one of the videos that I couldn’t forget because shortly after, I received a package with my favorite gift; A gift that I have treasured since it came.

I put my laptop to sleep, changed my clothes, laid on the bed and thought of questions.

“If she’s our fan why not abuse this opportunity to take pictures and get closer to us? Maybe even trick one of us into loving her?” I have so many questions on my mind that these thoughts lulled me to sleep.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 2 is revised (yeap, added more dialogue and pictures). Yes, I am now active (again) and I will upload Chapter 3 shortly. I really hope you guys will tell me what you think, I know I'm just a newbie and all, and my work is kind of crappy (thus the revising) but at least say hi? :))  

xoxoxo Kyon Seul