Chapter 16: Tell me everything

Professional Dream Catcher

XOXOChapter 16XOXO

-Tell me everything-

*Hye Kyung's POV*

 

I shift from side to side, kick the comforter off and groan. Why is it so hot? I wipe a bead of sweat on my forehead and open my eyes. The sun was already up and I was about to sit up when I felt someone's hand hold mine, I look at my side and see Kai. His head and arms were the only ones on the bed, he mumbles something and I smile.

 

Did he sleep alright in that position? I frown, guilty. What if his neck hurts because of this? Aisshh. Why did he sleep here anyway? I wasn't dying. I just stare at him.

 

His dark brown hair, long eyelashes and plump lips. I smile, why is he like this? Why does he always find a way into my locked heart? I can't though, I can't just accept what I feel because I'm not ready to get hurt and that's the thing about love... You will always get hurt.

 

"I'm sorry... Jongin, but right now I can't risk my heart. You may not ever hear this but I love you and I always have." I whisper and sigh in relief. At last, I said it. Sure he didn't hear it but at least I said it.

 

I poke his cheek and he stirs, pushing my finger away. I don't stop though.

 

"Kai-shi, kai-shi wake up." I whisper in her ear, blowing air after. He opens his eyes and abruptly sits up successfully hitting my head.

 

"Ouch." I said, rubbing my head.

 

"Sorry. I'm sorry." he says, standing up and hovering over my head and trying to see if any damage was done. I laugh.

 

"Got ya!" I yell, clapping my hands and laughing. He ruffles his hair and does a sheepish smile.

 

"Are you fine?" he asks, voice suddenly filled with worry. I smile.

 

"Yeap. I just needed rest that's all. Sorry for making you worry." I say, not meeting his eyes.

 

"Don't worry just don't let it happen again." he says, walking out.

 

"Thanks!" I call after him.

 

I look around the room and frown. Why is it so messy? Oh yeah, the week's been long and I didn't have time to clean up. I smile and start to pick things up and after tidying up my room I go out and see them lazing around.

 

"Ah! Hye Kyung, how are you?" Baekhyun yells from the couch while he pets a very cute dog. My eyes almost bulge, awww. Whose dog is that? I run to the couch and start petting the cute little creature.

 

Chanyeol looks down from the third floor and yells.

 

"Hye Kyung you're up!" then he runs and engulfs me in a hug.

 

"Ughh. Chanyeol-shi, I can't breathe." I gasped. He lets me go.

 

"I'm sorry." he says, blushing. "Sorry for tiring you out, I knew you had a head ache and yet... I." he says, bowing his head.

 

"Don't say that. I enjoyed too, you know." I tell him, smiling. "I'm going to clean the unit, help me?" I ask him and he nods then the others yell that they want to join too.

 

I was sweeping the floor when Luhan suddenly pokes me. I look at him, a confused expression on my face.

 

"Janggu has been following you everywhere, figured I'd let you know to avoid... Accidents." he said then continues to polish some figurines.

 

I turn around to see the brown curly little dog made of fluff sitting, staring at me. I test what Luhan just said, I move to the right and he walks too. After more trials I was convinced that the little fluff really was following me so I scoop him up and then he started me. I try to stop but instead I ended up tripping on a wire and falling on my bum at the same time Kai got out of his room, yelling janggu's name. He sees me and rushes to help.

 

"What happened? Did he try to bite you?" he asks, surveying me for any bite marks. I shake my head sideways.

 

"No... He was just me then I... Tripped." I answer, smiling. He helps me up and sits me on the couch, janggu jumps into my lap and rests there so I pet him.

 

"He seems to like you." Kai observes and I just nod. "Would you like to come with me tomorrow night? I'm going to walk him." he asks smiling and I think... Hmmm, tomorrow is a Monday then a frown places itself on my face.

 

"I'm sorry, I can't." I answer and I see his face fall. "Next time though?" I add trying to lift his mood, he just smiles. I place Janggu to the side and continue to clean, I needed to think and I do it best while cleaning.

 

It was already after lunch and we still weren't finished, we were all sweating and tired.

 

"You guys can stop if you want, I can do this on my own. There's not too much work left anyway." I yell while I was dusting the corner of the unit. They all plop down -except D.O who was busy cooking something- on the couch and catch their breath, I smile. I start to hum 'how could an angel break my heart' and seconds later someone speaks "That seems to be an interesting song." I was surprised and was about to fall off the ladder if he didn't hold it and made it stable. I look down to see Kris staring at me apologetically.

 

"How can you say? I haven't sung the lyrics yet." I ask him continuing to dust the walls.

 

"Nothing. Just interesting. What are the lyrics anyway?" he asks shrugging.

"How could an angel break my heart? Why didn't he catch my falling star?" I sing and he raises an eyebrow.

 

"What if he didn't catch your star because he was too busy trying to catch you?" he asks and I stay silent. "Don't worry; I'll always be here to catch you." I look down to see him smiling, I hit him with the dusting equipment and he leaves. Aish. This cheesy fellow, it made me smile but I'm done believing in lines like that.

 

*Kai's POV*

 

We were somewhere far; a place where the trees were uncountable, the grass was lush as if alive and the streams were clear. She was standing 10 to 15 feet away from me and every time I try to go near her she would appear to be farther. The wind blew her hair to the side and I could see the expression of hurt and melancholy clearly on her face. I try to get near her, I run. I wanted to erase the pain and sadness she was feeling but I couldn't catch her. I trip and I just look at her, thinking of ways on how I could hold her in my arms and banish her suffering then she opens , at first I couldn't hear her then it became clear. I love you, wo ai ni, 사 랑 해. I blink then she was gone.

 

I was sitting on the couch, thinking about my dream and making sure Janggu stayed on the couch to avoid mishaps when Chen sat beside me.

 

"Jongin. Let's play." he says, eyes shining.

 

"What game?" I ask. I can smell that he's up to something especially when I see him smile.

 

"I call it a game of reading." he says.

 

"What? Like reading a book?" I answer, rumoring him.

 

"Nope. For example, look at Kris and Hye Kyung. Kris just said something sweet but I know Hye Kyung doesn't believe it because she's tired. I bet she doesn’t believe in forever too." he says.

 

"This is dumb." I tell him but then he walks towards her and hugs her.

 

"Do you believe in forever?" he asks, making sure that I can hear. I see a sad smile form on her lips.

 

"Hahaha. I don't." she answers then she bites her lip seemingly nervous. Chen looks at me meaningfully and I just nod.

 

Minutes later I think of the reason why she can't accompany me to walk Janggu. Its night and she stays with us, as far as I know our schedules would finish early. Is she going to see Dong Mi? I sigh. I won't think about it. I distract myself by playing with Janggu all day and before I knew it, night came. We were already finished with everything when Chanyeol complained.

 

"I'm so bored. Let's play." he yells.

 

"What are we going to play?" Tao asks, sitting on the carpet.

 

"Uhmmm. How about 'ask me a question'?" Baekhyun suggests.

 

"Too make it interesting let's make it all about EXO, experiences with a connection to EXO and we are all allowed to ask one question each about the experience." Kris suddenly speaks up, looking at Hye Kyung.

 

"What if the person doesn't answer the question?" Sehun asks.

 

"Then we give him or her a dare." Kris answers.

 

"And what if she or he doesn't do that either?" Lay wondered.

 

"Then she or he will knock on every door and say that he or she loves them... Only wearing a shirt." Kris answers.

 

With that settled we all make a circle on the carpet and start with spinning the bottle. Sehun went first and he shared about meeting Hye Kyung, he said 'I thought you were a fairy and I was really attracted to you.' after he said that Kris and D.O threw pillows at him. After about 4 more the bottle pointed to Hye Kyung and we all went silent.

 

"Uhmmm. This is hard. -She chuckles nervously- okay, this is what I'll share. When I was still a kid, 17 I think, I pretended I was married to one of you and someone here knows who my ‘husband’ is.” She said, air quoting the word husband. Everyone went silent and Sehun was the first one who asked a question.

 

"Who is your pretend husband?" and to my surprise she shook her head sideways before anyone could speak Kris talks.

 

"Kiss the person whom you've pretended to marry." he says, tone serious, eyes burning into Hye Kyung's.

 

"Kris..." she says, pleading.

 

"It's time Hye Kyung... Besides, that's in the past. Isn't it?" Kris asks, an eyebrow raised.

 

Hye Kyung nods, sighs and stands up. For a moment she stops in the center and takes a deep breathe. I close my eyes, I can't see her kiss someone else.

 

Minutes later, I feel soft plump lips against my own and my eyes shoot open only to see her face centimeters away, eyes closed and a tear rolling down her cheek. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This one is a... short chapter. I'm Sorry! :)) But I enjoyed writing this one... Is it because of the kiss? maybe.. XD Comment. Subscribe. Add me and Don't forget to show some love! >:D< 

xoxoxo Kyon Seul