Chapter 21: Mission: The Perfect Day

Professional Dream Catcher

XOXOChapter 21XOXO

-Mission: The Perfect Day-

 

*Kai's POV*

 

Since I thought of a plan I couldn't stay still, I needed to do something every minute of the day just to contain the happiness I'm feeling. What I thought of isn't grand but I doubt that's what she likes. It's only simple yet meaningful just like her.

 

Yesterday I called people up, letting them in on the plan. Trying to confirm everything and today, I informed the others and they were too excited that I was afraid she might be suspicious.

 

"Finally, a day to thank that munchkin for everything." Kris says.

 

"Can I cook for her?" D.O asks.

 

"Can I take her to the zoo, show her a panda and give her a stuff toy?" Tao says.

 

"Can I just take her?" Chen says. We all stop and look at him. "What? It was a joke." then we all laugh.

 

"Guys, we have different things we want to tell Hye Kyung and different things we want to do with her but it's her birthday so let's think for her and not for ourselves." Suho tells them.

 

Anyway, to cut things short I gave them the roundup; assigned what they had to do, what they needed to confirm and some more things.

 

I was the one who asked her some things though, I was giddy and I couldn't stop smiling. She was walking around, documenting our practice in various angles when I approached her, juggling a stress ball.

 

"Hye Kyung." I whisper and she jumps from the shock, I couldn't help but laugh. She hits me and takes a deep breath.

 

"What is it?" she asks, adjusting the camera's lens.

 

"Can you keep your schedule free this coming Wednesday? As in the whole day?" I say, preventing myself from jumping up and down like a little kid.

 

"Let me check my schedule." she tells me laughing. "Pabo, asking something like that. You guys are my schedule, remember?" she says, looking at me.

 

I blink; once, twice then realize how stupid I must have looked. I just grinned and scratched my head. I should've known.

 

When the day was about to end, I didn't go back to the dorm with them. I told them I'd just practice some more but of course that was just a cover. I needed to meet Dong Mi, as much as I'd hate to admit it he's been a part of Hye Kyung's life for how long and I needed him to make this plan into a success. We agreed to meet somewhere far from the dorm, to lessen the risk of being seen and when I arrived in the restaurant he still wasn't there. I just entertained myself with thoughts of the plan when he arrived we went straight to the point.

 

"So, you want me to compile videos from her younger years and some video messages from all her close friend?" he asks, sipping from his tea and I just nod.

 

"Don't you think that's a little too cliché for Hye Kyung?" he says, an eyebrow raised.

 

"She hasn't seen anyone close to her in how long? She only saw her family recently because it was an emergency. I don't care if it's been done before or if someone already did this for her, all I want is for her to take a breather with the most important people in her life even if it's only through a video now, can you do it or not?" I ask, a little bit irritated. I know it's the most unique plan in the universe but I think it’s exactly what she needs.

 

"Of course I'll do it in one condition though." I stare at him urging him to go on. "Make sure that she'll be happy on her special day. She might have not told you but her birthday doesn't prove to be the happiest day of her life, in fact it's almost always the saddest so change that would you?" He says then I remember what Kris told me about the penguin... So that's really her huh?

 

"Sure. I'll make sure." I answer then make my way back to the dorm.

 

*Hye Kyung's POV*

 

I'm finding not only the guys -EXO- but also Dong Mi suspicious. Since Monday they've been too jolly -not that they usually aren't because they are- maybe just a little bit much. Is something happening? They’re being all smiles and laughs even if Manager Hyung scolds them or if someone trips and doesn’t get a step right.

 

Even Taemin is being all happy. Always texting me -which is not normal- and even showing up on random hours because 'he didn't have anything better to do' so I can't help but wonder, Is it be nice to Hye Kyung week? I mean, they're not usually like this.

 

Dong Mi is always being sentimental but these past few days he took it up a notch; Reminiscing about the past, high school years and all the moments we shared. I feel like I'm going to die soon. I even feel like they're the ones who'll be the reason for my death -Joking- seriously though even Eun Sang is acting different... She's acting so secretive, are they planning something? If they are, what for? And why aren't I included?

 

It's Tuesday and as usual I'm still doing my job but someone is giving me a hard time in doing so -a guy which goes by the name of Taemin- who keeps on whining.

 

"Cookie, let's go out. I'll treat you." he says for the umpteenth time.

 

"No. Can't you see I'm working? I still have two articles and an update to do so scram. Ask Kai, you guys are close aren't you?" I say, typing away on my laptop and peaking at the camera from to time.

 

"Hey, Why don't you try calling him Jongin for a change?" he asks, playing with my phone.

 

"Because I don't want to." I answer, dismissively.

 

"Why? You can call the others by their names, they even have nickname so why can't you call him Jongin? It's his real name." he persists and before I could answer someone -Kris- speaks.

 

"Because it might open the dam she worked so hard to put up. Maybe." then he walks off. Damn this giant. This of course piques Taemin's interest.

 

"What are you scared of? It's just his name." he stands from the table and walk towards me.

 

"I'm not scared of anything; I'm just not used to it. I guess." I say, shrugging it off.

 

"Then just try it. No harm in saying his name." he says, smirking. This guy really. I don't say anything; I just continue to make the article.

 

"Do you like him?" he suddenly asks and I jolt up in shock. I go around checking the camera.

 

"That's absurd Min Min. I already told you that I'm never going to like anyone in this industry, it’s too complicated." I say, checking the camera to see how much it can still take and making a few adjustments.

 

"You didn't answer my question though. Do you like Jongin?'' he asks and he stops me in doing what I was doing to look at me.

 

"I don't. I can't MinMin. I can't." I tell him as honestly as I can.

 

"Then tell me this, is he the one you told me about? The one who used to be your motivation and inspiration, the one you fell in-love with?" he asks, lifting my chin to look into my eyes and I just nod.

 

"I thought so." is all he says before giving me the tightest hug he's ever given me.

 

"You don't have to be so afraid. You're right, it is complicated but there are some things worth fighting for. As much as it is a cliché, it's the truth. So stop being scared all the time, you might miss the chance of a lifetime. Jongin's a good guy, if you two end up together promise me you'll invite me in your wedding?" he tells me, wiggling his eyebrows. I hit him playfully.

 

"Shut up. You're delusional besides it's never going to happen. Arasso?" I say my tone serious. He just looks at me smiles then brings out a box.

 

"Fine, whatever you say but help me out okay?" he asks, putting the ring on my finger.

 

"Do you think it’s okay? I'm nervous." he says, hands on his nape.

 

"It's perfect Min Min. I love it and she will too." I say, hugging him. "Congratulations. Now, don't forget to invite me okay?" I tell him, winking.

 

For the past few weeks he's been worrying about everything. It's because he's getting ready to propose to his longtime girlfriend -which coincidentally is also my friend- and I'm ecstatic for them. They're not perfect but they make each other glow, happy and I could never wish anything more for my friends. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

soooo, sorry for the super late update. here you guys go! :)))

xoxoxo Kyon Seul