Chapter 13: Poison Sweet Smilie

Professional Dream Catcher

XOXOChapter 13XOXO

-Poison Sweet Smile-

*Hye Kyung's POV*

 

Yesterday was a blast except for the girl called Park Soo Jin, who looked like she's out for my blood and Dong Mi's slight jokes that I didn't find funny- not even one bit. Last night when I arrived everyone was already asleep and I planned on starting my article but when I reached my bed -with the resolve that  I'll give myself 5 minutes to rest- exhaustion overcame me and when I woke up the sun had already risen.

 

I didn't have time to think about last night but now; staring at the ceiling, time seemingly running slowly. I have time to think about the things that I'd rather not. Last night when Dong Mi and I left we caught up with each other. He was already 'someone' in the photography industry and he loved it, I'm happy for him but as we went on I felt uncomfortable. He kept on bringing back the past, specifically the time when he confessed. He kept on pushing that he's changed, that he's become that man I've often described when he asked what my ideal type was.

 

I remember the time before he ignored me, we were in different universities but we still found a way to see each other from time to time. He was always unusually sweet, always saying things like 'I'm going to disappear but when I do, I don't want you to be mad at me'; I should've been sensitive enough to see that he was struggling but I wasn't because all I saw were the smiles he showed and the laughs he faked. I saw his eyes but I didn't pry, I figured he could manage. Then he disappeared and now he's saying that whatever he did, he still couldn't shake off his feelings for me but the sad part is my answer hasn't changed. I like him; I love him but only as a friend and a brother but not more. I don't want to break the news on him again; I wish I'll never have to.

 

My thoughts were disturbed when someone rang the doorbell. I hop out the bed and yell. "I'll get it." I open the door to be surprised by a girl wearing a pink dress, face fully made up and she was wearing a strappy wedged sandal. She raises an eyebrow and I suddenly feel self-conscious. I was only wearing a shirt, sweat pants and my hair probably looks like a bird sat on it, if you compare us well.... Let's say there's nothing to compare.

 

She pushes me to the side, gets in and puts what she bought to the dining table.

 

"Oh, hello Soo Jin-shi." D.O greets just as the others asked "What are you doing here?" She laughs -a sultry sound- and hits lay playfully. He just looks at her with a blank expression.

 

"Of course I'm here to take care of my Oppa. Where is he anyway?" she asks, turning her head to look for him.

 

"Hye..." Kai stops and closes the door, he looks confused. "Soo Jin? What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be somewhere far?" he asks, looking at me like I know the answer. I shrug and nibble on a piece of toast.

 

"Oppa! There you are!" she squeals -yes, squeal- dropping everything she held, she ran towards Kai and was about to hug him when he stretched his arms to stop her.

 

"Oppa really, so shy." she says, stopping and hitting his arm. "I brought your favorite, dried squid and some other stuff." I scoff dried squid? As far as I know he hates that stuff. She glares at me and I mumble an apology.

 

They had an early schedule so before I slept the other night I already went out to shop for their packed lunch. I know I'm not their coordi noona but she told me how she's struggling to make ends meet especially because her daughter is always sick so I volunteered to do her job until I need to go, I enjoy it anyway. I head to the kitchen, toast still in my mouth and start working. Minutes later D.O's beside me telling me that he wanted to help.

 

"You have a guest, go and entertain her." I tell him.

 

"Nah, they can handle her... Or not. She's a handful; she never really listens except to Jongin and she's insensitive. I can't stand to be around her sometimes, she's always squealing and it hurts my ear." he explains, washing the lettuce.

 

"Who is she anyway?" I ask, chopping some meat.

 

"She used to be a trainee but her group just debuted recently and she's been clinging to Kai ever since she saw him. Kai's annoyed by her but he's too kind to tell her." he tells me.

Too kind to tell her? He should just tell her and spare the girl's poor heart; he's just dragging it on when she doesn't even have a chance. He's mean, giving her false hope like that. Then my finger start to sting, I look down to see that I cut myself pretty deep and blood was coming out into the meat. Nice, now the meat is bloodier.

 

"Fudge." I whisper. D.O looks at my hand, drops the lettuce and goes to get some first aid.

 

"Are you okay?" he yells from across the room.

 

"Yeah. It's just a small cut, it just stings that's all." I yell back.

 

"What happened?" Kai asks, standing up from Soo Jin's side and walked towards me. He gets my finger, looks at it then puts it in his mouth. the blood. I hit him.

 

"Yah! Do you think you're a vampire? Give me back my finger; you might infect it with rabies or something." I tell him, pulling my finger back.

 

Soo Jin walks toward us and kills me with her glare. Seconds later D.O hits Jongin with the first aid kit effectively freeing my now saliva surrounded finger and I immediately wash it.

 

"Jongin-ah! What do you think you were doing? Hye Kyung's cut is quite deep then you put it in your mouth." D.O scolds him.

 

"Sorry Hyung, it's just that in the movies that's what they do..." he answers quietly.

 

"You watch too much movies for your own good. Go and play there or something." D.O instructs him and he goes away, taking Soo Jin with him.

 

"Oppa... Why'd you do that?" I hear her ask.

 

"Here, let me take a look." D.O says, bringing me back to the present. He treats my wound while distracting me with his jokes and singing at the same time 'So you won't feel the pain' he says. Lay frowned at this, telling D.O that it was his job to heal me. After he wrapped my finger up we finish cooking and we go straight to their first schedule, an interview.

 

Surprisingly Soo Jin still came with us.

 

"Don't you have something to do?" Kai asks, prying her hands away from his arms.

 

"Nope. I cleared my schedule for today so I can be with you Oppa~" she answers. "I'm going to be here all day and no one can separate me from you." she adds, eyeing me. What now?

 

They were already being interviewed and I was doing my job when Soo Jin decided I needed to stop.

 

"No one can take oppa away from me." she starts.

 

"Don't worry, I'm not trying to." I tell her, clicking my camera.

 

"I know girls like you. You act like you're not interested when in reality you're out to take what's already been claimed. I won't have any of it, he's mine and I don't share." she continues.

 

"Then by all means, take him." I say, not really paying attention. She grabs my shoulders and turns me around, making me look at her.

 

"Excuse me but if you don't mind I want to do my job." I tell her and I was about to go back and shoot them when she slaps me hard across my face.

 

"What do you have that I don't anyway?! What does Jongin see in you that he doesn't see in me? I'm obviously prettier, ier and more talented. So why does he look at you and not me?" she yells. What is this girl going on about? "I knew him first, I loved him first, and he’s my oppa... Yet why? Why would he choose you over me?" tears already streaming down her face.

 

"Uhmm. I'm sorry but I don't know what's going on." I answer, clutching my sore cheek. Before I knew it EXO already surrounded us and Kai wad about to tell Soo Jin off but I tell him not to.

 

"I'm not deaf nor am I blind. I've been hearing things about the two of you and I see the way oppa looks at you." she explains.

 

"You're just misunderstanding..." I didn't get to finish because she was suddenly pulling my hair and clawing my face and I didn't know what to do. I didn't want to fight back -she might get injured- thankfully I didn't need to because Kai pulled her away while Kris took me.

 

We were in a corner and once again I find myself being treated by D.O, lay was using his 'healing' powers by making me laugh along with Chen, Chanyeol and Baekhyun relaxed me by playing the guitar and singing the songs that I request and Kris was just there. Staring. The others continued on with the interview and Kai was with Soo Jin.

 

"Why didn't you fight back?" Kris suddenly asks, silencing Chen, Lay, Baek and Yeol. I smile and before I could answer D.O spoke.

 

"If she did Soo Jin's face may not be recognizable anymore."

 

"Yah. I'm not that violent. It's just that I didn't want to hurt her and make the scandal bigger." I explain and D.O just smiles.

 

"I thought so." Kris says "I know you'd hurt her if you fought."

 

After D.O treated my wounds he asks me if I wanted something and I said no, I'm not incapable of buying something I want. They're just over reacting. Minutes later I see Kai come in but Soo Jin was nowhere to be found.

 

"Are you okay?" he asks me and I nod. "She went home." he tells me when he notices that I was looking for Soo Jin.

 

"I'm s-" I cut him off.

 

"You shouldn't have given her false hope right from the beginning. You should've told her straight, you can't play with people's feeling like that Kai-shi because it hurts." then I leave him, continuing where I left off.

 

*Kai's POV*

 

I didn't mean to give Soo Jin false hope; I thought I made it clear by avoiding her that I wasn't interested. I guess it wasn't clear enough. I didn't want to make it this big but it did and I didn't have any choice but to tell her. We were already on our second schedule -a photo shoot- and I peek at her from across the room. She had a band aid on her right cheek and a scratch just above her left eyebrow, she tied her hair into a pony and she was laughing, hitting her thighs and D.O in the process. I hope that doesn't leave a scar.

 

After the shoot we were on our way to our second guesting in A Song for you and they were behind me talking about a vacation.

 

"If you could only pick two of us to join you in a week-long vacation, who would it be?" Chen asks and my ears perk up.

 

"Hmmm. I think it would be Kris and D.O" she answers and my heart drops. I know they were close but a week-long vacation, with that two and no me? Pshh.

 

"Hey. You hurt my feelings! If you pick them it would be boring. “ Chen says, probably clutching his heart for effect.

 

"Fine then, I'll take you too but... You'll be in my luggage." she tells him, laughing afterwards. Then they all start to complain telling her that she would have a more fun time if she brought them along.

 

"You'll have a panda to walk with on the beach." Tao says and she laughs.

 

"I thought you like walking alone?" she points out.

 

"I've changed!" Tao yells and they all laugh.

 

"Settle down guys, you're making a ruckus again. Fine Fine! I'll take you all! Take turns." she says trying to prevent herself from laughing.

"You guys make it sound like what we're talking is concrete and not only theoretical." she adds.

 

"We can't tell, maybe it'll happen." Kris says.

 

"Come on, I don't even have enough money to get myself a vacation and I'll bring you guys? Tch." she answers.

"We have." D.O suddenly says and I turn around in time to see her hit D.O on the forehead.

 

"Yah! You guys don't even think about treating me. Arasso? I'll leave you if you do!" she says walking ahead of them but she doesn't look at where she's going and bumps into me.

 

"Be careful." I tell her.

 

"Why are you even in the middle of the hallway?" she asks and continues to move ahead. I sigh. We were already on the venue and were just waiting for the show to start when Sehun suddenly talked to me.

 

"If Hye Kyung's time to cover us is over, what then? What if the hyungs really do take her on a vacation? Or maybe Kris Hyung will confess before that time? What will you do?" he asks, looking at me.

 

"I don't know but I don't think Hyung will confess... I don't think he likes her that way." I answer and I really do think that. He shrugs.

 

"What did you tell Soo Jin?" he asks and again I sigh.

 

"I told her the truth, that I don't see her that way." and I try to smile.

 

Our schedule goes on and when lunch break came we huddled in the middle and Hye Kyung together with Kris brought out our packed lunch.

 

"Wahh. You're really like a wife." Baekhyun comments.

 

"Or a noona!" Chen suddenly shouts.

 

"I can't be just a concerned citizen or a friend?" she asks smiling. "You guys have been so busy that you don't even eat right or sometimes you forget to eat all together and health is wealth so let's eat!" she tells us, giving out packed lunch.

 

"Tch. Nice speech from the girl who doesn't eat right too." Kris says and D.O agrees. She hits them both and we start to eat; she made kimbab, japche, galbisal, a native dish -I presume- and of course kimchi. Everything was delicious and we were all full when we finished -which was rare because we were always hungry- and the day went on like the usual.

 

When the day ended I was exhausted but I couldn't sleep and I lay on the bed thinking about my conversation with Soo Jin.

 

"I'm sorry Soo Jin-shi, I should've made it clear earlier but I don't like you that way..." I tell her.

 

"Why? Because you like that photographer? What is it with her anyway?" she yells at me.

 

"Her name is Hye Kyung." I didn't even get to finish because she explodes.

 

"I don't care about her Oppa! Don't you get it? All I care about is you! She doesn't even like you. What happens if she dumps you and you have your heart broken? I don't want to see you get hurt." she bows her head and I know she's crying but she has to understand.

 

"If that happens then I'll take care of it. I'm really sorry Soo Jin." I tell her and walk away.

 

"I won't give up Oppa!" she cries after me.

 

I sigh and look at my phone, it was already 2 in the morning and I still haven't slept. I scroll through my contacts and stop on the name '젉'. I decide to text him; I needed to talk to him.

 

Dong Mi. 3:30am. Coffee Shop beside SMent.

 

Minutes later he replies.

 

K.

 

I smirk. I need to let him know that I'll give it my best and win. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I know, I know... I said I'm on Hiatus but.. I just needed to. XD Anyway, Hope you like this one. Show some love! :*

xoxoxo Kyon Seul