Chapter 8.5: Extra Chapter

Professional Dream Catcher

XOXOChapter 8.5XOXO

-Extra Chapter-

 

*Kris POV*

 

It was one of those nights where I couldn't fall asleep even if we were dead tired from the schedule. I wear a jacket and head out the room, careful not to wake anyone up. Initially I planned to watch whatever was on the TV but I saw Hye Kyung on the terrace so I decide to join her.

 

"Couldn't sleep?" she turns around and shows me a tired smile.

 

"Yeah.... I miss my family, if they were here I would always come home to freshly cooked food, loud voices, tickle wars and lots of hugs." she scoffs and I smile sadly, I stand beside her.

"I know what you mean. I miss them too, my family and I do everything to be with them on holidays or as much as possible but it's never enough." I say and she just nods, we silently watch over the city; small different colored lights flickering on and off, tall buildings looming over each other and then she speaks.

 

"I don't know why it's like this; the darkness, the whisper of the wind and the seemingly loud cries of random strangers on the horizon... They all tell me to bare my soul and to be Me." she scoffs, unties her bunned hair, looks at the sky then closes her eyes. For a few seconds I just stare at her, I can't believe she's real, she's here and she's here with me; She's someone any guy would be lucky to have but I don't see her that way instead I feel protective towards her, I feel like I need to look out for her.

 

"If I had older brothers, I imagined them to be exactly like you guys. -she chuckles softly, she peeks at me- especially you, you'd be the one who'll scare all the guys who want to break my heart away." she laughs.

 

"I can still do that." I instantly say. She looks down and gives me a sad smile.

 

"Thanks. I really appreciate that. -then she whispers- but you're too late..." for some reason I wanted to put my arms around her and tell her that everything is going to be okay, that there's someone out there for her but I stop myself, If someone sees us they might misunderstand.

 

She suddenly perks up and tells me "I want to tell you a story, are you willing to listen?" she looks at me earnestly, her eyes shining in the darkness and I just nod. We go back inside and sit comfortably on the couch.

 

"Once there was a little penguin and when she loved, she loved with all of her being. Both a blessing and a curse, she didn't have any special talents; she just did what she was told to do: To study and even then she didn't do that well. Sure, she had medals and certificates but those alone never seemed to be enough. One fateful day, she fell in-love and soon enough she wished she hadn't. She fell in-love with her close friend, being naïve and immature, the little penguin told him how she felt and after that he never spoke to her again, he avoided her like a plague and if that wasn't enough the little penguin heard that he liked her friend. The little penguin got scared, if this is what love is then she didn't want any part in it but that proved wrong because roughly 7 years later she fell in-love again and like the 1st one she gave him everything, maybe she shouldn't have but at the time all she thought was that he needed to feel how much she loved him. It was fine at first; everything was going great until the little penguin's birthday week came. They had a common friend, the little penguin's guy best friend, and he was the one who called up saying that the one she loved at the moment already wants to give her up and for the following days she cried. She cried about everything, she blamed herself and she looked down on herself even more. She didn't want anything to do with feelings anymore, it did nothing but break her down, make her crumble and shatter her whole being. One time her friend let her watch a performance and she knew that they were a thousand miles away, that they don't know her but again she fell for someone. She thought that it's better since he's so far away but as it grew longer it became one of her biggest frustrations and she decided to put her heart in a box, lock it and bury it deep. She locked it up tight so that no one would ever open it again, she didn't know if she could get hurt again without losing herself completely. She still believed in live though just not for herself. But things don't always go as smoothly as you want it to because someone is trying to open her heart once more, he's prying it open and he's reaching out but she... She doesn't know if it’s even worth it. She's scared and she still doesn't know what to do." she finishes.

 

It was dark but I can see here tear streaked face and I knew what she was talking about. Jongin. He's calling out to her, reaching her heart and she doesn't know what to do with it. I reach for my handkerchief and hand it to her, she doesn't look at me but she takes it. I watch her and my heart mourns for her, I don't want to see her cry ever again and I'm going to make sure that she doesn't. I pat her back and say.

 

"Sometimes, love is worth it but the funny thing about love is you won't know until you try." she just laughs and says.

 

"Whoever said I was the little penguin? Do I look like a penguin to you?" she looks at me and I stare at her.

 

"Actually, you remind me of a small scared animal." she throws a pillow at me and we laugh. She stands up and heads to the kitchen, I follow suite and watch her, curiosity pinching me.

 

"Do you want hot chocolate? I'm craving." so that's what she's making.

 

"Sure. Do you crave often?" I ask, does she crave anything really? She looks like she isn't eating right. She laughs.

 

"Yeap. I crave for the most random thing. You should ask Dong Mi or Eun Sang." she smiles the suddenly shouts "Fudge. Oh and I'm clumsy too." she runs cold water on her burned hand and I shake my head sideways.

 

"You and Dong Mi close?" I ask, trying not to sound like a spy.

 

"Of course, he's been my close friend since senior year in high school and we've been inseparable ever since. I love him, he's like a brother and a father." she smiles at thought then serves me my cup of hot chocolate, i take a sip and scald myself.

 

"Careful, It's HOT... Chocolate." she says, blowing her own before sipping a 'you're-dumb' smile on her face.

 

When it has cooled down, I take a sip and was surprised. It tastes good.

 

"Wow. This is good." I comment and she smiles.

 

"Thanks. I pride myself in being a good cook. I'll cook for you sometime." and I smile at her, I like that idea. It reminds me of home.

 

We talk about random things as we finish our hot chocolate, when we finish we retreat to our rooms and called it a night. I ponder on the thought that Hye Kyung and I have some many things in common, not only in language but also in hobbies. She also plays basketball and we fit, maybe she's a lost sister of mine? I laugh mentally, what an idea. A few minutes later sleep caught me and I dreamed of the little penguin... Alone, cold and scared. 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Annyeong~ Sooo, this is an extra chapter and you don't really need to read it but I hope you still do. XD Enjoy! :D 

xoxoxo Kyon Seul