Chapter 25: Ruckus

Professional Dream Catcher

XOXOChapter 25XOXO

-Ruckus-

 

*Hye Kyung's POV*

 

I knew it was wrong to pick Dong Mi specially since I knew he expected something more. Something I could never give him but I couldn't lose him, not again.

 

The next few days were uncomfortable; Dong Mi started to act as if we had something more than friendship and I didn't like it; I didn't want to hurt him either but I didn't have a choice, not if I wanted everything to be clear so I told him.

 

To my surprise he took it well; It's as if he already knew and before I knew it we were back to being us.

 

Kai on the other hand got sweeter, it's as if he knew that what I feel about Dong Mi is different from what I feel about him.

 

It's April 17, a saturday. They were all packing and around the place since their world tour would start on monday but Kai always found his way back to me. I was also all around the place, packing everything I needed and making sure that I wouldn't forget anything.

 

"Hye Kyung, stop moving around. You're making me dizzy." Kai complains.

 

"I'm packing, so I need to move around besides what are you doing here anyway? Are you done packing?" I ask, putting a pack of pringles in my luggage.

 

"I'll leave if you promise that you'll accompany me tomorrow." he says, grabbing my wrist and willing me to look at him and I do.

 

"Of course Kai, I'm almost always with you guys." I answer, baffled.

 

"No, I meant I want us to be us tomorrow. No one else." He clarifies, smiling. Ughh that smile.

 

"Do I have a choice?" I ask.

 

"Nah, you don't." he answers and we laugh.

 

"Go on to your room and pack pabo!" I tell him and suprisingly, he does.

 

*********

 

Sunday came and he was ecstatic. He reminds me of a kid which never failed to put a smile on my face.

 

Unlike the other time we just decided to stay at the dorm and watch movies or play video games. To mu suprise, I liked it. We were throwing popcorns at each other, laughing uncontrollably and we were comfortable. No fear of being judged, just us.

 

When night came he dragged me outside. It was kind of chilly but it was nice; at first we just wandered around the city. Just two people, walking, enjoying each other's company and searching for something more then he started to lead me somewhere.

 

Somewhere where the city lights blur to tiny bits of twinkling lights and where the busy sounds of the city cannot be heard.

 

We find a spot and he wrestles a blanket out of the backpack. We lie on it and for a few minutes we just stare at the sky, confined in our minds.

 

He breaks the silence by pointing out the orion's belt and after that the conversation flew naturally. I don't really know how it came to the topic of love then us, before I knew it we were blurting out things we've kept hidden for so long.

 

"I like you." he says.

 

"I know. Why though? I wasn't nice to you, I'm mean and there are a lot of other girls out there. So why me?" I ask, tilting my head sideways looking into his eyes. He just smiles and shakes his head.

 

"I don't know either. I guess I just fell. I don't really need a reason do I?" he asks me and I just shrug.

 

"I'm going to tell you something. I never thought I'd feel this way for someone ever again, I don't even know where this will go but I like you Kai and I'm scared." I tell him, closing my eyes.

 

I hear him chuckle. "Jongin. Please, call me Jongin." I just stay silent, I don't know if I can call him that without losing my grip on these feelings.

 

"Why can't you call me Jongin anyway? You're fine with calling the others by their names. At least try?" he pleads.

 

"Jo.. Jong..." I sigh then shake my head. "I can't." I say, smiling.

 

"Why?" he asks, looking back up at the sky.

 

I take a deep breath then explain. "The first time I saw you, I was just 17 years old. I didn't like you at first sight, I even liked Min Min better than you but then I saw you dance and everything went still. My heart stopped, the clock froze and it was just you and me. I watched you dance and then I fell. It was pathetic, you were here and I was there. You had a million fans and I was just one of them. I had a smaller chance to meet you since my family wasn't well off, I didn't have the funds but then I had hope and that's all I needed to push me on, then so many things happened and I gave you up but I promised myself that I would always call you Kai because I fell for Jongin and not Kai. If I called you Jongin, I'm afraid the grip that I have on my feelings would vanish." I finish, shutting my eyes. I sounded stupid, I should've made some other excuse.

 

"Don't be afraid. Stop being so afraid, I want you to trust me. Please." he suddenly says, cupping my cheeks, staring into my eyes.

 

"I want to Kai but it's not that easy." I say, pleading with my eyes.

 

He makes me sit up and holds me by the shoulders.

 

"Jong-In. Say it with me, no harm in saying my name." he says, smiling. "Jong-In. Come on."

 

I just stared at him. Dumb founded. I just told him why I couldn't call him that and here he was, convincing me to say it. I roll my eyes and shake my head.

 

"Jo- Jong" I take a deep breath then sigh and try again for over fifty times. I'm starting to get irritated and frustrated; it's just his name so why can't I say it? I'm like a kid. Finally I took a deep breath and shouted, shutting my eyes "JONG-IN!"

 

A few minutes of silence, I blink a few times before what had happened; what I had just said sunk in. I turn to him slowly and I see his smile spread.

 

"You did it." he said, shaking me. "You did it!"

 

"I did. Jongin, Kim Jongin." I laughed and hugged him.

 

It must look shallow and maybe it is but for me that was something I never imagined possible. I feel one of the walls of my heart crumble to dust and it felt different; it felt good.

That night we chased each other back to the dorm; making noise, laughing, tickling each other and exchanging witty comments. Everything seemed so surreal. He likes me and at last, I have admitted that I like him too and love, I don't know about love but it would just have to wait.

 

------------------------

 

We woke up earlier than usual and we all looked like zombies but we have a plane to catch. Why this early? Management thought it would decrease the number of people who would create a ruckus in the airport but the shouting and squealing of a very large crowd proved otherwise.

 

I sigh, where do they get the energy to push and shout this early in the morning. We wade through the crowd, the guys didn't have that much problems since they have security but I wasn't them so it wasn't as easy. It was so compressed, I needed to push harder than the fans to actually walk, the barricades weren't much help but I was doing fine until someone bumped into me, making me lose my balance. I was about to grip the barricade when someone toppled that over too, evidently I felt gravity pulling me down to the ground.

 

The cold floor of the airport collided with the side of my face. No one tried to help me, the crowd compressed more and I found it hard to breathe. I was about to get up when someone stepped on my ankle, at first I thought it was just an accident but a few minutes later, the pressure still hasn't been lifted. I try to struggle free but the pressure only increases, I grit my teeth. It hurts, I was about to kick when a searing pain travelled from my ankle then everything went black.

 

*Kai's POV*

 

There were so many people, I wanted to go in with Hye Kyung but Manager Hyung wouldn't let me. We were about to board the plane when I notice that she wasn't behind us anymore; Panic filled ny senses and I fought my way back. In the background I hear Manager Hyung shout but I couldn't make out what he said. I didn't care if I bumped into someone, I need to find her.

 

Then I see a handful of girls throwing food at someone; I didn't how I knew, I just did and when I rounded up to see who it was my suspicions were confirmed; It was her, Hye Kyung was lying on the floor, food all around her -some were even already spattered on her clothes- but the thing that really caught my attention was that she was unconcious.

 

I felt my heart stop. A thousand scenarios go through my head; why is she unconcious? Who did this to her? Why? Instinct took over me and I ran to her, using my body as a shield to everything they might throw at her.

 

I wasn't thinking and I didn't even care; all I wanted was for her to be safe and happy. A few minutes later I noticed that the throwing had stopped and before I knew it I found myself picking her up in a princess cradle and talking to everyone who would listen.

 

"Please, don't do anything to hurt her. What you do to her, you do to me - ten times." I heard myself saying. Sure this is what I'd really love to say but before now I couldn't let those words escape my lips because I knew there would be consequences but I just couldn't take it then I walk out.

 

*********

 

I bring her to the hospital and leave before she wakes up, as much as I wanted to be there when she wakes up I needed to do something and sadly it can't wait.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

HMP. I personally didn't enjoy writing this one but let me hear your thoughts okay? :))

 

xoxoxo Kyon Seul