Chapter 26: No more secrets

Professional Dream Catcher

XOXOChapter 26XOXO

-No more secrets-

 

*Hye Kyung's POV*

 

I wake up to the sound of the door opening, indistinct voices float in the air and I pick up some words.

 

"Many reporters outside..." A deep voice said. Hmm, must be Chanyeol.

 

"Never thought he'll go public..." A velvety voice answered, Kris.

 

I try moving my fingers and was shocked when I felt something clipped onto one of my fingers then I start to feel everything.

 

My left leg was bandaged and inclined, my head was throbbing, it felt like my clothes were different. What happened? Then I remember, the airport.

 

Slowly I open my eyes, the lights blind me for a few seconds but when everything cleared and fell into place I see where I am, in the hospital.

 

I try to sit up the exact moment Chanyeol and Kris step into view, their eyes grow wide when they saw me and Kris was the one who broke the silence.

 

"Woah Munchkin, they really got your leg huh?" he says, smiling and placing a basket of fruits on the table.

 

I touch my leg and shrug "Nope, they just got the ankle. I guess."

 

Then we all laugh and after half an hour of pointless banter I got the courage to ask what I really wanted to know.

 

"Uhmm. Where's Jongin?" I ask Kris who was busy flipping through the channels of the television.

 

He smiles and says "Jongin huh? When did you start calling him that?"

 

I don't answer, I wanted him to answer me first but he doesn't and I turn to look at the television, he won't budge anyway. One channel caught my attention because I see Jongin sitting on the couch along with baekhyun and suho.

 

"Hey Hey! Go back! Go back!" I yell, pointing at the monitor but he wouldn't listen so I tried grabbing the remote but he was fast so I decided to put on a little acting.

 

"Ouch." I suddenly yell, clutching what I could reach of my left leg then suddenly Kris comes closer and I grabe the remote from his hand, look at him then say "Got ya." after a few minutes he realizes what had happened and shook his head.

 

I flip on to the previous channel and stop when I found what I was looking for. At first I was confused, what were they doing in a talk show when they should be in a world tour? So why are they all here? I was about to ask when the host suddenly spoke.

 

"So here we are with Kai, Baekhyun and Suho of EXO. Just recently there have been quite some ruckus about this mystery girl, Kai's mystery girl to be exact -then a picture of me and kai pops up on screen- what can you say about this?" she looks at kai and for a few moments the silence was deafening then he speaks.

 

"First off, she's not my mystery girl. She's our temporary publicist; she's been the one updating the online blog our fans are crazy about, the one who's been writing the articles that have been selling out so she's no mystery but everyone should know that I really do like this girl and I meant what I said at the airport; What you do to her; you do to me only ten times worse so please don't hurt her in anyway because I will be there to protect her." He finishes.

 

My mouth was hanging open, once again my heart was banging in my chest, there was ringing in my ears and my breathing became ragged. What is he saying? Why is he like this? I clutch the covers and signal Kris to get some water, he does and I drink it.

 

"Are you okay?" he asks, rubbing my back. I just nod.

 

I was staring at the wall, thinking of so many things at the same time that my head is starting to hurt-again when something the host said caught my attention.

 

"Do you love her?" then I notice that everyone in the room grew silent, anticipation was in the air and for a few painful minutes he didn't talk then when he did, it was like a bomb dropped from nowhere and shook the world-my world.

 

"That's bull." I say, turning off the television.

 

I lie back on the bed and hide under the covers. I refuse to talk with anyone, imprisoning myself in the four corners of my mind.

 

I couldn't believe what he just did! That jerk! Telling everyone else that he loves me without even telling me?! The nerve of this guy. Suddenly thinking about all of these things made me tired and sleep conquered me.

 

After I don't know how long I woke up for no apparent reason then I hear someone talking, my heart beats faster. Kai is here.

 

I abruptly sit up, he sees me and smiles then he reaches out to take my hand but before he does I slap him. His eyes grow wide.

 

"Jerk." I hiss under my breath.

 

"Mwoh?" he says, shocked. The others silently go out of the room.

 

I look at him "How dare you tell everyone that you love me without even telling me?"

 

He hangs his head and apologizes; he doesn't say anything else which was fine because he didn't need to say anything else.

 

************

 

The world tour was cancelled because they were scared for the boys' safety, it was valid since after Kai's confession the crowd didn't take it well but this didn't mean that my work was over, it was quite the opposite.

 

I had so many work which needed to be done especially since I was hospitalized for a week. I've been pulling all nighters since I don't know when because my transfer has been officialized and I had a deadline for my previous job.

 

Kai -Jongin- has been especially caring since then; giving me coffee, putting a blanket over me when I slept, reminding me to eat right and helping me in any other way he can. He was the one who found the letter; The letter telling me that I was nominated in an awarding for all the articles I did and I was happy but I was also busy so I forgot about it.

 

I was busy finishing ny article when Eun Sang suddenly popped out of nowhere telling me to get ready- for what? i didn't know.

 

"Eun Sang-Ah! Go away, I'm almost finished." I say, shrugging her off. She sat down beside Baekhyun on the couch and he put his arm around him. They've been a couple for a month now and I'm happy for them.

 

After about 30 minutes I finally finished my article, I stretch and was planning to sleep when Eun Sang dragged me to the bathroom.

 

"Yah! What are you doing?" I say, hitting the door repeatedly.

 

"Wash up and get ready! You have an awarding to go to!" she yells back. My eyes grow wide when I remember, I groan and took a bath. I don't even have something to wear.

 

"Eun Sang ah! I don't have anything decent on my ward-" I stop short when I see the gown laid on my bed. Where did this come from? I position it against my body to see how it would look like and a smile comes unbidden in my lips.

 

It was a blue gown the hugged the body just right, the color darkens as it lowers making the bottom midnight blue. It had beads swirling from my waist down to the end, making it sparkle when the light hit them or when I twirl. I love it.

 

I look back to the bed and see a note I didn't notice before.

 

"You'll look even more perfect in this dress, hope you like it. -J."

 

So it wasn't Eun Sang who got this? I put it on and marvel at how it fit me. How did Jongin know my measurements? I yell for Eun Sang to come in. I didn't know what to do with my hair and I needed her.

 

//Fast Forward//

 

In the end we decided on a simple updo and when I was ready we got out, I was suprised to see Jongin in a suit holding one blue rose.

 

"A beautiful rose for a much beautiful lady." he said, smiling and handing me the rose. "May I you on this magical night?" he asks.

 

"No, I don't want an ." I say, stomping past him while hiding a smile. I go down to the car that was waiting and get in, when I was about to close the door he holds it and smirks.

 

"You're getting one anyway." he whispers, kissing my cheeks afterwards then he got in.

 

The ride was silent; I was nervous and I didn't hide it. He tried to calm me but he knew that it wouldn't do much so he eventually stopped.

 

When we arrived there was a red carpet portion that surprised me but Jongin being used to this, opened my door -like a gentleman- and escorted me through everything, guiding me and not letting me trip on my feet.

 

The program started and my tiredness caught up with me, since the atmosphere was perfect for sleeping -cold, dark and not too noisy- my eyes felt heavy and I drifted off into sleep.

 

I was woken up by someone nudging me, a very bright light focused -seemingly- on me and Jongin telling me that I was up. I open my eyes and was surprised to see that I had won the award for the best online article and most sold articles in the field of adolescents; almost everyone was looking at me and I feel my cheeks redden. I quickly stand up, knocking myself off balance -it was a good thing Jongin's reflex was fast- and walk to the stage receiving the award, after that everything was a blur. It finished at about 2 in the morning, Jongin and I had a couple of drinks to celebrate and we were just walking around when he suddenly spoke.

 

"What are we exactly?" he asks, holding my hand and intertwining our fingers.

 

"Hmmm. That is a very good question, I think we are part of the kingdom animalia, probably mammals." I laugh but then he stops walking and makes me face him.

 

"I'm serious Hye Kyung, I love you." he tells me and I gulp.

 

"I don't know, what do you want me to say?" I ask.

 

"I want to know if you feel the same way. Do you love me?" he asks, staring deep into my eyes.

 

I do. I know I do; I love this crazy, unexpected jerk but the words won't come out. I won't let them.

 

"Jongin, I'm scared. I don't know if we'll make it through everything and I don't know if it's -if we're- worth it. What if I get hurt all over again? I don't want that for us Jongin." I say, pleading.

 

"Aren't you tired of all the what if's in your life? Don't you want to know something for a change? How would you know that we're worth it if you won't try?" he asks. I take a deep breath, I feel like my heart would burst any second.

 

"What if I do try then one day you'll wake up  and realize that you don't want me anymore? That you had a mistake and that you don't really love me? What then?" I ask, out of breath.

 

"It's not going to happen, I don't know how I'll convince but please give me the chance to prove it." he answers.

 

Then I look at him; this man that I've grown to love, the man who has grown to love me -all of me- then it dawns on me, I have two options -To stay and risk it or To walk away and live my life not knowing what could have been.

 

I just stare at him for a few more seconds, relishing the sight before me and with tears b on my eyes, I walk away.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

soooooo, this is the chapter before the epilogue..... XD

xoxoxo Kyon Seul