Chapter 8: Sleepless

Professional Dream Catcher

XOXOChapter 8XOXO

-Sleepless-

*Kai's POV*

 

After she walked away I felt all the energy in my body leave me. I couldn't move, I just stood there, mouth agape; A motionless entity waiting to be worned out by time. I stay like that for I don't know how long but then I remember my trainee days, it was hard but I persevered and because of this day with her I knew that I couldn't let her go just yet. I walk back to the dorm, my eyes felt sore and I felt weirdly drained. When I got back no one was outside of their room, even her, the lights in her room weren't on. Tch. Maybe she fell asleep easily. I just sit on the dining table, thinking about everything that just happened. Her imperfect smile, clever comebacks, silly expressions and the flawless and warm feel of her skin, it’s engraved in my memory. A smile come unbidden on my lips, whenever she crosses my mind I can't help but smile and I don't really know why.

 

I can do this, I can't let her go just like that and I won't. I didn't sleep, I think of everything that has happened and I cry, not because it ended up this way but because whatever I do the only thing my mind wants to forget is her saying that we should forget everything and me thinking that maybe it is better that way but her sweet laughter still echoes in my ears and it urges me to hold her tighter and to never let her go.

 

Before I knew it, morning had already come. I psych myself up for this day; I'm going to do everything I can to show her that forgetting what happened isn't the right path to take. I almost felt giddy with excitement when she went out if her room. I didn't know how I looked like but I knew I didn't look my best. I was about to greet her when she acted like she didn't see me, I feel a sharp pain in my chest. Is she seriously going to act like she doesn't know me? I'm not playing by her rules anymore. I reach and grab her arm just before she gets in. She turns her head but she didn't meet my eyes and then she bows. Since I didn't sleep and didn't have breakfast yet, my grip was weak. She pries her arm away and locks the door to the bathroom.

 

She didn't meet my eyes that must mean something; maybe it means she couldn't forget what happened either. I smile, I can still change her view, and I can always make her remember. Suddenly I don't feel like I didn't get to sleep or didn't get to eat breakfast yet because I see a spark of hope, a chance -a slim one- that I get to know her better.

 

Today we had a full schedule but I still tried my best to talk to her. I stare at her whenever I couldn't walk but she obviously ignores it -being that she doesn't even look in my direction- I try and make my way to her when I can, but she dodges me like one would dodge a bullet- she walks the other way or she suddenly talks to someone- and the day ended like this. Me chasing her and her running for the hills. I planned on talking to her once we get back, even just a simple good night would've made my day, any sign that she wasn't ignoring my existence but when we arrive she hurriedly went to her room and locked the doors.

 

I even ran to try and shout in a good night but I didn't make it. I sigh. I walk towards the family room and plop on the couch. Why does she do her best to push me away? Am I that repellant to girls? Maybe. I sigh again. What should I do if this goes on? I was just staring at the ceiling when Kris Hyung sat on the carpet beside me.

 

"Rough day?" he asks and I just nod.

 

"Hye Kyung giving you a hard time?" he continues. I stiffen, why is he asking me this? He suddenly laughs.

 

"It's obvious that you like her but not so obvious if she likes you back." he says. I scoff.

 

"Thanks Hyung, for pointing that out." I reply, my voice bare of emotion.

 

"You know, Hye Kyung is kind. She's funny, lovable, kind of weird, smart, and skillful and to top it all off she's pretty. I can't help but wonder why she doesn't like you." he says, before standing up and retreating to his room.

 

Did Hyung just tell me that he likes her? I run both of my hands through my hair. Aisss. This girl really, did I do something wrong? Did I even say something wrong? Was it because of me taking a hold of her I.D? Ughhh. I stand up and make my way to the room, I need sleep if I intend to live long enough to know everything about that girl.

 

5th Day

 

I woke up with a new perspective in mind. I'll try not to care if Kris Hyung or any other member knows more about her than me; all that needs to matter is me doing my best in getting to know her and for me to stop being ignored by her.

 

She avoids me again, I'm not surprised though, she has her own rules and that's one of the reasons why I like her. We were shooting for a commercial and she was taking pictures of us but she didn't look the way she usually does, she looks aloof and I wonder why, she loves her job -doesn't she? When Kris suddenly called her.

 

"Munchkin!" he shouts. I try to feign indifference but after a few minutes I give up. Munchkin? Munchkin? This is only her 5th day with us and they've already started giving each other nicknames? Why did I not see this? How come I didn't notice this? When?

"What's up M?" She asks while Hyung walked towards her. At least she didn't say 'Munchkin'. Thank god she's Lazy.

 

When he arrived to where she is, Hyung bent down and lowered his voice. I couldn't hear them anymore but after that they both walk away.

 

What was that about? Where did they go? I crane my neck to see where they went when Sehun suddenly taps me on the back.

 

"Hyung, what are you doing?" he asks, also craning his neck in the direction I was craning to earlier to see what I was looking at. I pull him away.

 

"I wasn't looking at anything." I answer, placing a confident looking smile in my face.

 

"I bet he was trying to eavesdrop on Kris Hyung and hye kyung." Chanyeol suddenly says while he just walked past us eating pocky.

 

I feel my cheeks get warm "Hyung, why are you blushing?" Sehun asks, laughing. Instinctively, I cover my cheeks and look at him.

 

"Yah! Could what yeol said be true? You were eavesdropping on them?" Baekhyun suddenly pops up out of nowhere. When I was about to speak Chen suddenly talks.

 

"No, he wasn't eavesdropping. He was just worrying that Princess Hye Kyung would be taken away by the dragon king Kris." he said laughing his head off.

 

I face palm myself, really Chen? Really? But maybe Hyung is partly right. Maybe I am scared that she'll get taken away this early. Though I don't really know why I'm like only to her. I sigh. Might as well focus on the job. I was about to look at the takes when Luhan taps my shoulder.

 

"Hmm?" I ask, turning to luhan Hyung.

 

He suddenly points to where Hye Kyung and Kris Hyung are then made a heart gesture, I fight the urge to roll my eyes then he just stares at me. I was becoming fidgety when he suddenly talks.

 

"You like her don't you?" he asks, staring at me with his big dazed eyes. I stop and stutter, unable to answer his question, how would I answer it really?

 

"N-no I don't like her. What's there to like? Besides, it's only her 5th day with us." I answer and he just chuckles.

 

"Hmmm. You don't like her; maybe you're just interested in her? And why have you been counting the number of days she's been with us?" he asks, furrowing his brows with confusion. I let out a nervous laugh- I didn't want them to think that I'm interested in her and I intended to keep the reason why I counted the days she's with us a secret and I still intend too- so I just continue my nervous laugh, imitate squidward then say. "Look Hyung, they're showing the takes." then I drag him to the monitors.

 

On the way there I saw that they were already done talking, she meets my eyes for the first time that day and offers me weak smile. What did Hyung tell her? I look at Hyung and he smiles at me then shoots me two thumbs up. What? What is happening? But as the day goes by that's the only acknowledgement I get from her -weak, unauthentic smiles, she still ignores me but I don't let it bother me that much and like yesterday, she locks herself in the room the moment we get back.

 

I don't know what to do anymore, I don't want to force myself to her but I want to be close to her. These days the couch seems to be the one always catching me when I fall. I drape my arm over my eyes, I'm tired. I ask the questions that I've already asked myself a million times before. Why is she doing her best to push me away? Did I do something wrong? Then a question pops into my twisted miserable- at the moment- mind. Does she hate me? I didn't realize that I've spoken that out loud until Kris Hyung threw a pillow at me then says. "Jongin, terrace. Now." then he walks away. What now? I get up and walk towards the terrace, is he going to tell me that he likes Hye Kyung and I should just back off? I scoff, even if he is my Hyung I won't do it, this is another matter after all.

 

I reach the terrace and he's just looking down at the still pulsing city lights, I position myself beside him and inhale a lungful of the chilly night air.

 

"I want to tell you a story and I want you to promise me that you'll listen." he suddenly says, I shake my head sideways.

 

"Hyung..." I start but he looks at me then says "Please." I just nod.

 

Then he starts with the story.

 

"Once there was a little penguin, she had a good number of acquaintances, less friends, a handful of good ones but less than a handful of really close ones. She was like the sun, she brought warmth to everywhere she went but even though this was the case only few knew this because she was shy, she felt inadequate to be friends with those who were well known  when in reality she's better than them. This little penguin has a really hard time falling in-love but when she does, she falls deeply -too deep- the first time she fell in-love was a disaster. The guy used her for all she was worth until she had doubts about love then he threw her away; Depressed, Sad and broken the penguin vowed that she would love no longer, 7 years has passed and she really didn't fall in-love, only crushes here and there but this penguin changed. She grew to be someone more lovable, she thought that love wouldn't always end the way it did before and she decided to be optimistic, she had a guy best friend that was always there with her and she was happy because she grew to understand the world better than most penguins her age, she grew to see the bigger picture and others just can't help but to fall in-love with her but every time someone did confess to her, she'll just smile and say "I can't" she replied this to everyone except one. She thought that if she decided to give love another try then it should be with him, he was after all someone she knew from a long time ago, at first everything went well. She gave him her whole heart and she trusted that he would keep safe. He introduced her to a new world -he was one of the well-known penguins after all- and she absorbed it all. He was sweet and everything that the little penguin could have ever asked for and she thought 'finally, someone who proved that they were not all the same' until came the birthday week of the little penguin. She didn't notice the inner turmoil the guy was having - which he was covering up by being too sweet- she didn't see it coming until 3 nights before her birthday when her guy best friend told her that the guy didn't want to do anything with her anymore. The following days were a whirlwind of over powering emotions, endless tears and her heart breaking over and over again whenever she asked what she did wrong, where did she go wrong and was she not good enough for him? She blamed herself for everything; she loved him deeply, maybe too deep for her own good that she felt so lost now that he had left her. A week passed, a month and the little penguin changed. She grew cold and pessimistic, she still believed in love but not for her. She looked at herself lower than how she did before and her friends were always there for her but she couldn't be persuaded anymore. There were still other but she just ignored them, she busied herself with studies and extracurricular activities and it was fine but she wasn't really happy until she watched a teaser video of budding performers and one specific tall penguin caught her eye, he moved so graceful and precise that she couldn't take her eyes off him and that was the moment when she vowed to herself that one day, she would meet him but for that moment he would only serve as her inspiration and motivation, her star that she would one day reach but things went out of control, If it was possible to fall in-love with someone from afar then that was she did, she fell in-love with someone who didn't know who she was and who had a slim chance of ever getting to know her but even if that was the case he still kept a firm grip on her heart, and at first she just let it be until she realized that she would never ever get to know him personally and neither will he, all he'll see is a sea of people and you won't really stand out. She became so melancholic and suddenly one day she decided that she needed to stop. She'll just hand it to fate and she'll lock her heart away... Forever. Several years passed, the feelings she had for that fleeting star weakened and she liked it that way but ate decided to play a game on her. Fate brought them closer but as she promised to herself, she still kept her heart chained and locked away however that guy kept on trying to pry it open and she doesn't know what to do. She's scared, so scared that if she does give it one more try she'll end up more broken than she ever thought possible and she won't be able to get up again. The end." he said, a sad smile on his face. I didn't know what to say, for some reason I feel like we're not just talking about penguins and I had so many things I wanted to say that I didn't even know where to start.

 

"Those two guys are idiots. How can they let go of someone so sincere when it's so hard to find that these days? If I was them, I would never let her go." I say, sighing and looking at the horizon.

 

"Tch. That guy even waited until her birthday to drop the bomb. Some guys really need to have a beating, don't they? Psh." I add, still looking at the city in which I were born and raised. He just pats my back and proceeds to go inside. I wait for a few minutes to go inside and go to sleep.

 

6th day

 

We all woke up early. We have a hectic schedule ahead of us and we needed to start early. Eun Sang was already in the dorm and I was surprised since it wasn't normal for her to be here on a Saturday -guess Hye Kyung wouldn't able to handle the schedule all by herself today- when we arrived at the fashion show everything was a mess, there were buzzing everywhere and they were obviously under staffed. I was shocked when Hye Kyung suddenly went around helping, directing Eun Sang on what to do; this girl really makes the most of everything. I look at her for a few moments, if I needed to name someone who has a resemblance to a hero then it would be her, she can handle so many things at once and she amazes me.

 

We practiced for hours -it was an international brand and we can't afford to make any mistakes- (she left Eun Sang to cover us) but even though we were practicing I still took time to keep an eye on her. She was always moving from one place to another, a contrast of black and white, she had on such simple clothing -black jeans, a tucked white tank top and a blue cardigan- but even so she still manages to catch the guys’ attention, she wasn't that beautiful maybe it's more of the way she carries herself- always smiling. She had her camera hanging around her neck and whenever she wasn't helping around the different stations, she would find time to snap pictures of almost everybody on the event.

 

We didn't notice the time since before we knew it, the show was about to start and everyone was buzzing again. I noticed that Hye Kyung has paled then I remember that she hasn't eaten anything yet -she missed breakfast because she woke up late- and I start to worry, I take a mental note to treat her to dinner later. I just wish she would be able to hold on a little longer. The others insisted that Hye Kyung should be the one dressing us up for the show, I just stayed silent, the staff started to shout for her and a few minutes later she shows up, panting from -most probably- running.

 

"Can't you guys dress yourselves up?" She asks, still gasping for her.

 

"You're the only one we trust that wouldn't take pictures of us while we change and the only one who won't feel anything when the show starts." Chanyeol answers, showing his big big smile. Tch, this clever guy.

 

She just smiles and being aware of the limited time she starts to direct us.

 

"Fine, divide yourselves into two groups. Eun Sang would be in charge of the other group. You're too many, I'm only one." She says. I was sure she did this to avoid me but I wanted to laugh at her plan, she obviously didn't manage a fashion show before, soon enough it became too hectic for the groupings and she just helped whoever needed help, I knew this would happen I thought to myself.

 

"Oppa!" She suddenly calls out; I whip my head to her direction. Oppa? Who is she calling oppa? I see D.O Hyung turn his head and smile. She gestures for him to come and he does. She's calling Hyung oppa? Huh? Since when? I shrug it off; maybe she'll call those who aren't ready. So I purposely dishevel myself and wait. After a few minutes I hear Hyung say

 

"Thank you Berry~" Berry? Is it because she likes strawberries? Ughhh. I didn't know that even D.O Hyung already had a nickname for her.

 

"Munchkin!" She calls out next and I watch Kris immediately make his way to her. She abruptly makes him sit down and for a second I thought she would kiss him because she bent down -her face just an inch from his- until she takes a brush and does his make-up. I sigh in relief. After she was done with Kris she spots lay beside her.

 

"Uni." I hear her say. Lay looks at her then she takes off his jacket -I imagine her doing this with her future husband and I feel an unexplainable feeling- she fixes it then lets him wear it. After he was fixed up lay walks toward me then asks.

 

"Do you know why she calls me Uni?" I just shake my head sideways.

 

"Because she told me that I'm the only one who can heal her." he answers then saunters off to the other side of the stage. Aiss. Did he really need to say that?

 

The show already started and it was like the usual -lights everywhere, cameras clicking endlessly and music blazing on the speakers- the people just clapped and watched, everything was in order which was the total opposite of the backstage. When we finished walking for the first round we quickly needed to get dressed thus the plan Chanyeol did, Eun Sang helped her. There were two lines beginning to form, I was one of the last ones to arrive and even though Eun Sang didn't have a line anymore I opted for Hye Kyung's besides, Eun Sang was in a hurry to cover the fashion show. The maknae was the one before me, and after he was done she had no choice but to face me.

 

I was supposed to take off my clothes but I saw her -up close- and she looked weak, she was paler than earlier and I grew more worried, I was about to ask if she was okay when she spoke.

 

"Take your top off." My eyes grew wide; I didn't know she was this bold. I look at her while she was rummaging for my clothes.

 

"What was that again?" I ask, she sees my clothes and I see her smile. A few minutes later she starts to take of my jacket and I stiffen, I grab her arm. I don't want her to treat me like everyone else -though sometimes I'd like that seeing that she's closer to them- I don't want her to treat me like that day didn't happen because it did. I look at her but she still refuses to look me in the eyes.

 

She smiles at me then says "Please take your top off, the fashion show is still going on and you need to be there on time." The way she said it made it seem like I should be guilty. I don't respond. She looks at me, not on the eyes, but she looks at me and I just offer her a weak smile, I let her go and I just oblige. At least she looked at me and right now, that means a lot.

 

We didn't speak again and that was fine. All I knew was that she looked at me and that was all the sign I needed to hold on to this hope that I have.

 

When the show finished it was a little past ten, we were all tired and I knew that she was already hungry but we still had to go to SMent - Soo Man wanted to talk to us for the release of our new album. She already told Eun Sang to go home since it was already late and that she would be the one covering the rest of the night.

 

************

 

We arrived in SMent; as usual there were only a few people around. We were in the hallway when we saw SHINee sunbaenim; it has been a long time since we all saw each other since both our schedules were busy. We all greeted each other and Taemin kept calling Hye Kyung -I tried not to let that bother me- but Hye Kyung didn't seem to notice until Taemin shouted. 

 

"Cookie!" She suddenly whips her head and smiles- the biggest smile I have ever seen her wear. I knew that she knows him; I didn't know it was to this extent.

 

He waves, smiles and walks toward her. "I've been calling you for 3 minutes but you didn't even look at me but when I call you cookie once, you look. Tsk. Tsk." he says.

 

"Sorry. I haven't eaten the whole day." She says, slightly pouting. How can she show her cute side to Taemin? How?

 

"The first time we see each other for months and the first thing I get is a complain. Not even a hug." he complains, furrowing his brow. My tired eyes grow wide, they've hugged each other? How many times? Is hugging really normal for Hye Kyung?

 

He opens his arms and hugs her tight. I wanted to break the two of them up but prevent myself- they're just hugging, no big deal.

 

"Ughhhh. Stop it, I can't breathe." She says, her voice coming out small. Taemin lets her go then looks down at her.

 

"Sorry. I just missed you." he shrugs. Tch. How can he say such words that are easily misunderstood? But then her next action makes me think that there is nothing to misunderstand because she just smiles, stands on her toes and hugs him.

 

"Don't worry, I missed you too min-min." she says, holding back a laugh. Mwoh? Min min? She's calling him nicknames too? Aishh. I don't know what's happening anymore.

 

Chanyeol laughs, I think he's been keeping that laugh for almost 2 minutes and Hye Kyung looks like she just remembered that we were all still here. Nice, now Taemin even lets her forget everyone else's existence.

 

Taemin runs a hand through his hair- and my eyes grew wider, he taught me this move, it's a gesture he does that never failed him to get  the girl- he looks her at her, then sighs then says.

 

"I told you not to call me that." She just shrugs.

 

"You guys are so sweet whenever you see each other. Hye Kyung doesn't even give us a smile." Onew complains. What? They're always like this when they see each other? I wanted to get out and scream all I want but at the time I can't so I just settle with bottling it all up.

 

She smiles at them apologetically then bows. Breaking the silence Taemin speaks.

 

"Well, since you haven't eaten yet. I think it's time for me to treat you." He tells her, smiling. How did he even know that she hasn't eaten yet? Could he tell just by the way the way she looks?

 

"I don't know. EXO is being called." She answers pouting again. I was about to smile when Manager Hyung suddenly spoke.

 

"You don't need to be there, you can go if you want to." I shoot him a discrete glare, this guy ruined my moment.

 

She smiles then skips towards the exit. Wahh. Why does she need to look so happy when she's leaving us?

 

"Yah! Hye Kyung, you don't even say good bye?" Suho Hyung shouts out.

 

She turns around, mouth agape when Taemin speaks for her.

 

"No need to say good bye, you can come after the things you need to do. Just text her or Me." he tells us.

 

She bows and waits for Taemin. Then they go, she was skipping. Is she really that happy?

 

After they left Sehun speaks.

 

"Those two look like a couple." then Luhan adds "love is in the air"

 

I didn't speak, to be honest I wanted to be alone but I can't help but smile by what D.O Hyung says

 

"They're just friends." just like that.

 

We were in Soo Man's office and I haven't really been listening to what he was saying. All I thought about was Hye Kyung and Taemin might be the only ones eating, wouldn't that be considered as a date? At last Soo Man stands up and ends the meeting.

 

************

After we got out Baekhyun and Chanyeol started to complain about their empty stomachs. I was about to suggest that we should text Hye Kyung or Taemin when Sehun spoke.

 

"If we go to where those two are wouldn't we be interrupting their date? They haven't seen each other for a while." Aisshh. This maknae is as thick as ever.

 

Suho hits his head lightly. "Yah, there's nothing going on between those two besides I already texted Taemin and he already replied. Ka ja." he says, leading us to where they are.

 

They were at a random 24-hour eatery, Key was the only one with them and she seemed to be glowing. They were all laughing about I don't know what and she looked so happy until we came. We all sat and ordered, I wanted to distract myself from seeing those two seating so close together so I spoke with D.O Hyung.

 

"Hyung, do you like dream catchers?" I ask, I didn't know why. It was just a random question, one that distracted me from them. Hyung smiles and answers.

 

"Yeap. I like dream catchers. Who doesn't? They catch all your bad dreams for you. Don't they?" a pause then he continues "If I would give a gift to someone I really like, it would be a dream catcher. Maybe you should give one too, to the one you like." then he looks at Hye kyung then at me smiling. What? I'm confused. I was about to ask him what it was about when Tao spoke up.

 

"Soooo... Hye Kyung and Taemin huh? What about Ka-" I knew where this is going but before he could finish Kris cut him short. Aissh. What's with maknaes and their thick skins today? But she answers anyway.

 

"No, No. Min-min, I mean Taemin and I are just close friends. He's like my legit older brother. We look alike don't we?" She smiles her biggest and everyone just stayed silent. They didn't look alike, not even one bit and seriously Min Min? What is he? A cat?

 

Tao, Kris, Baekhyun and Chanyeol surveyed their faces and I'm positive that they don't see the resemblance too but then Baekhyun suddenly shouts.

 

"How?! You guys look the same in some angles. Aisshh. You could pass for relatives." Seriously? He's just doing this to save Hye Kyung from embarrassment. His eyes wandered around finding agreement from us and since we know he's doing this for Hye Kyung we all just nod. We were still eating then Taemin speaks up.

 

"Yah. Kai, why have been quiet all this time?" He asks.

 

I almost spit my food when I heard my name, he noticed. I just smile. "Just tired." I answer looking at her and she just changes the topic. 

 

It's true. I'm tired. I'm tired of me trying to get her attention every day, I'm tired of her ignoring my efforts and my existence and most of all I'm tired of not knowing how she actually sees me.

 

We were talking about random stuff - past experiences on stage, cartoons, food - when she yawns and starts to bid good bye. We also stood up and bade good bye.  She hugs Taemin again, he tells her to keep in touch and she nods. I roll my eyes.

 

When we arrived we were all so tired that everyone directly goes to their rooms. I knock on her door to say good night but she wasn't answering anymore, so I try to open it and miraculously it wasn't locked.

 

"Yah. Han Hye Kyung, why isn't you-" I stop, she was already asleep. She didn't even change her clothes. Aish this girl.

 

I put the comforter over her and she stirs, for a moment I thought she'd wake up but she doesn't. I brush her hair away from her face and for a few seconds I just stare at her, she isn't perfect, her face isn't as pimple-less as the others but she's real and that's all I want. I kiss her forehead and whisper "Sweet dreams to you my little miss blue."

 

I lock her door and get out when D.O Hyung suddenly speak from the couch.

 

"How is she?" I was shocked.

 

"Hyung. I can explain." I start but he just laughs.

 

"Pabo. I know." he smiles then walks away. I go to the room and drift off to sleep.

 

7th day

 

This marks her 1st week and she couldn't stay still. She's been pacing back and forth, jumping in place and other stuff but she still couldn't calm down. As much as I want to comfort her, I needed to visit my family so I left.

 

It's been a while since I've seen them but nothing much has changed. We talked, exchanged jokes and just bonded. We played the games we used to play when we were little and it was a lot of fun but time passed by so fast and I needed to leave. I had to ask my sister one question though so when she accompanied me to the gate I asked her.

 

"Noona, if you were a guy and you like a girl but you haven't known her for long and you don't really know why but you know you need to get to know her and you try to but she pushes you away what would you do?" I finish, my heart was starting to beat fast and I didn't know if I wanted to hear her answer. She smiles then answers me.

 

"Aigoo. Our maknae is growing up. Hmmm. Let's see. I'll just persevere. There must be a reason why I want know her so until I know why I won't stop." she smiles at me then ruffles my hair, I thank her and go back to the dorm.

 

When I got home she wasn't there, Luhan told me everything that happened.

 

"Someone called her, I don't know who but she said something about being free and sending her the details. I'm not sure but I think it's a date." he finishes. I don't know why but Dong Mi pops in my mind, I thank him and went to the room to rest and read. Minutes later someone slams the door and shouts.

 

"Let's go out and eat!" I smile, seems like she already got the news. I go out of the room. I was putting my shoes one when I saw Sehun whisper something to her, making her eyes grow wide. What was that about?

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------************--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We picked the usual place where we celebrate and she was already on her third round of Soju. I didn't know that she drank but if she usually didn't there must be some kind of connection between what's happening now and what Sehun whispered. Much later we were having a good time, we were already comfortable but I just stared at her. It's clear that her alcohol tolerance level isn't that high, why is she doing this? It didn't help that every five minutes or so Kris would whisper to her and she would smile or sometimes laugh. They look so intimate it pisses me off then the intro to "What is love" plays and we were all surprised when she stood up, went to the front and started dancing. She didn't have that kind of courage - I would know since she only dances when she thinks no one is around- everyone started clapping and Suho pushed me telling me to show her what EXO can do.  I stood up and danced. The claps stopped and everyone just watched us, I complimented her dancing with mine and I danced the way I usually do - I made love with the music- I didn't purposely get too close to her but I didn't notice that I did and it felt right.

 

The song finished and she excused herself saying she needed to go the bathroom; she was already swaying so even though she refused our help, I went anyway besides I won't let her get away with forgetting what just happened on the dance floor- not again. I followed her but she still ignored me, before she went inside the restroom I grab her arm and I pinned her to the wall. I also drank a little and I didn't want her to ignore me anymore and I needed answers. She couldn't even fight back.

 

"Why are you avoiding me?" I ask, she furrows her brows. Doesn't she even know who I am? Finally she answers.

 

"So Dangerous." then she loses consciousness. This girl, I've been waiting for an answer and that's the only words she says?

 

I carry her back to our table and everyone volunteers to take her back to the dorm.

 

"Why can't I do it?" I'm already carrying her anyway. Everyone starts agreeing but then Kris stands up and says

 

"I'll do it." scooping her up from my arms. I just look at him and I just let it go. Should I still even care?

 

We go back to the dorm, Kris cannot be seen -he's probably in his room- everyone retreats to their rooms except me. I go to check up on her again, her room wasn't locked... Again.

 

I did what I did the night before - tucked her in the comforter, looked at her and kissed her forehead but she suddenly drapes her arm around my neck and I was about to take her arm off of me when she hugs me- tighter.  I look at her in disbelief, is she really still asleep? I wave my arms in front of her face, she doesn't respond. I try to pry her arms away from my neck one more time but she suddenly mumbles.

 

"Don't leave. Please." I look at her -eyes still closed, her lips slightly parted- and I smile. I lie down next to her and I close my eyes allowing sleep to conquer me.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yeay! Chapter 8 is done! Hihihi. :))

xoxoxo Kyon Seul