Chapter 9: Breaking Down Walls

Professional Dream Catcher

XOXOChapter 9XOXO

-Breaking Down Walls-

 

*Hye Kyung's POV*

 

The ray of sunshine peeking from my window woke me up, my head was throbbing and various parts of my body were sore. What happened last night? I remember drinking, dancing and making a total fool out of myself. Ughhh, why did Sehun have to say those words anyway? I was about to stretch when I feel something or someone (?) clutch to my arm. Mwoh? Did I do something entirely out of my level of stupidity? I shrug it off, maybe it's just my imagination? I try to stretch again but the thing clutches tighter.

 

Okay... I don't look at it. I pry my arm away but the creature had such a strong grip. I was about to scream for help when the creature, apparently a he, spoke "Shhh. It's too early." then he clutches me tighter. That voice again? I open my eyes wide and push him away.

 

I stare at him from one corner of my room, what is he doing here? I wrap myself around an extra blanket, after a few minutes he stretches, rubbed his eyes then slowly opened it. He stares at me for a few seconds, seemingly processing the sight before him then he starts to stand up. I stretch my arms before me

 

"Yah! Don't move. Arasso? If you move even a centimeter, I'll yell for help." he stops in his tracks and was about to say something but I beat him to it.

 

"Don't even speak. Let me give time to think. -He starts to open his mouth again- op, op. Zip. Okay? Just nod." and he does. After a few minutes, I take a deep breath and speak.

 

"Here's how this is going to go, I'll ask a question and you answer it. Under no circumstance are you to move. Arasso?" and he nod.

 

I instinctively my lips.

"Did something happen last night? Because if something did I want you to know that I wasn't in my right mind and I don't remember any of It." then he moves toward me, his hands stretched saying over and over again "Let me explain." I pick up a pillow and throw it at him, one right after the other.

 

"Yah! Stay away from me! I told you not to move, get out of my room you ERT!" I yell.

 

He still tries to get near me but I throw more pillows and after a few minutes he gives up, leaving my room. I clutch my fast paced heart. Nothing happened, did it? As much as I wanted to lock myself up in the room the whole day I couldn't, partly because they had a full packed schedule but mostly because my stomach was yelling murder so I dress up -just jeans and a random shirt- then go out, heading straight for the dining room. I open the ref but to my horror there was no food of any kind, I was about to yell when D.O told me.

 

"Don't bother, there's no more food left but I'm going to the grocery store. Wanna come?" he was already putting on his shoes.

 

"Ehh? What about your schedule?" I ask and he just laughs.

 

"Have you looked at the clock?" he asks, pointing to the wall clock. I turn my head surprised to see that it was only 7 in the morning.

 

"Coming?" he asks after putting his sneaks.

 

"Yeap but when we come back I'm cooking." I say while I made my way to my shoes.

 

We were already walking to the grocery store in confortable silence when D.O suddenly asks

 

"Do you like dream catchers?" I look at him and smile.

 

"Of course I do! I had one back when I was still a student and I loved it! It caught my bad dreams for me." I answer, skipping. We don't talk much after that and when we arrive at the grocery we had a lot of fun selecting ingredients. We decided to teach each other our specialties and I felt giddy. After purchasing everything he suddenly says.

 

"I saw Jongin come out of your room this morning... Did something happen?" he looks at me and I feel myself blush.

 

"Aniya... Nothing happened. Really nothing did." I say, waving my hands for emphasis.

 

"No need to be so defensive, I know nothing happened. I've known Jongin for a long time and I know he's a good Guy." he says, shooting me his heart shaped smile.

 

We arrive back at the dorm and we start cooking right away, we teach other techniques and we had lots of fun. He taught me how to make his Kimchi spaghetti and I taught him how to make sinigang by the time we finished it was already 1 in the afternoon and everyone else were already on the dining table, waiting expectantly.

 

"Yah! Munchkin, this is what I told you so I don't owe you anything anymore." I tell Kris as I place my dish in the center.

 

"Nah. That's different; you'll cook for me only. That's the only time that I'll consider It." he answers, waving his utensils around.

 

D.O puts his dish in the table and we all start to eat. Suho, Chanyeol and Chen all congratulate me on a job well done and I felt great. After we ate; we all went on with their schedules and everything went by fast. I wasn't trying to avoid him anymore, it wasn't awkward and I treated him like everybody else. By the end of the day, I felt free and I was happy. I've decided. I won't run and hide anymore; I'll face everything with courage and faith with me and hope that everything will turn out fine.

 

*Kai's POV*

 

Last night I slept beside Hye Kyung... No, I didn't plan it and this is a learning experience. It was the first time I encountered a girl sleep like how she does. She moves around... A lot, she speaks -or mumble- and she snores. Loud. This is the reason why I had a hard time sleeping.

 

I was dreaming of hugging pororo when he started to pry himself away from me and I grip him tighter... No poro. He still tries to get away from me, he even started to scream but I was still sleepy so I tell him "Shhh. It's too early." and clutch him away. I smile, poro loves me then when I felt like waking up I stretch, rub my eyes then open it. I look around the room then I spot her in the corner and she had crazy eyes, I just stare at her she looks like she'll go berserk if I speak so I just stand up, stretch my arms in a comforting way and was about to come near her when she spoke.

 

"Yah! Don't move. Arasso? If you move even a centimeter, I'll yell for help." What? Why is she speaking like I did something wrong? I stop and was about to speak...again when she stopped me.

 

"Don't even speak. Let me give time to think. -I just wanted to tell her that I can explain but she doesn't want to- op, op. Zip. Okay? Just nod." so I do. I just watch her and after a few minutes, she takes a deep breath and spoke.

 

"Here's how this is going to go, I'll ask a question and you answer it. Under no circumstance are you to move. Arasso?" This girl really, I just nod. 

 

I watch her her lips and I look away instantly, I got through the night without doing anything but doesn't mean I wasn't tempted too, I'm still a guy.

 

"Did something happen last night? Because if something did I want you to know that I wasn't in my right mind and I don't remember any of it." I look at her in disbelief, I did not do anything because if I did then she wouldn't find herself still dressed in the same clothes she wore last night so I move towards her and repeat the words "Let me explain." but she picks up a pillow and starts bombarding me with it, one right after the other. "Yah! Stay away from me! I told you not to move, get out of my room you ERT!" She yells. Me a ert? I didn't even do anything.

 

I still try to get through to her but she just throws more pillows at me, I just want to clear my name but she was hysterical so I just give up for the moment and walk out her room. I run a hand through my hair and exhale through my nose.

 

"Early morning fight?" I jump in surprise when D.O spoke. He was sitting on the couch, flipping through channels. I sit beside him and look up.

 

"She thinks I'm a ert." I suddenly blurt out and he chuckles.

"I'm serious Hyung; do I look like a ert?" I say, exhaustion seeping in my voice. I look at him and he just looks back, moments later he laughs and I just stare at him. What's so funny? 

 

"If you were her. You wake up with a blurry memory of last night and there's a guy with you on your bed. What would you assume?" he asks. I think for a moment and sigh.

 

"I know how it looks like Hyung but she should at least give me the benefit of the doubt. I'm not some random guy after all." I say, burying my face in my hands.

 

"Maybe that's the point." he answers, standing. "You want to come with me? There's no more food, I'm going to shop." I shake my head sideways.

 

"Nah. I'm going to get more sleep. I have a headache." I stand up and make my way to the room. "Don't forget to cover your face okay?" I call out.

 

"Yeah. Yeah."

 

I plop on my bed and stare at the ceiling for a few minutes. Why is it so hard for her to treat me as she treats the others? Maybe she just really hates me. That's the last thought I had before sleep claimed me.

 

When I woke up everyone was complaining about how there were no more edible food in the fridge and how Tao ate everything, not even leaving a single bite for them. I sat on one of the beanbags and tried to distract myself by playing games, my stomach was also growling but I didn't want that to affect my mood.

 

I hear the door close and her laughter. She was out with Hyung? She was laughing and it's one of the most beautiful sights I have ever seen. How do they do that? How do they make her laugh that way? They don't even greet us, they head straight to the kitchen and they cook. She can cook? I watched them. They were trading knowledge about the dish and they looked like they had their own world. They look like a couple. I grit my teeth; Hyung would never like her especially since he knows I'm interested but what if he does? It's not one's choice is it?

 

I just watch them,  they were whispering in each other's ears like they were exchanging secrets, they would sometimes get too close for my comfort but what I can't take is how many times she would look at him and smile, her eyes sparkling like they held the world's joy. When she smiled at him for the 10th time, I couldn't bear to watch. After two hours, they were finished and all of us were more than ready to eat.

 

"Yah! Munchkin, this is what I told you so I don't owe you anything anymore." She tells Kris while she placed her dish on the table. She promised to cook for Kris? How? When? My eyebrows meet in frustration, how long have they known each other. Really?

 

"Nah. That's different; you'll cook for me only. That's the only time that I'll consider it." Kris answers, waving his utensils around for emphasis. This Canadian giant is starting to get on my nerves.

 

After Hyung puts his dish on the table and we all dig in. I taste her dish first, not only because she cooked it but also because I was curious. I've heard about sinigang before but I never got to taste it and it smells delicious. I wasn't disappointed; it tickled my taste buds and brought me to another place. A place where it rained, there was a fireplace and she was sitted in front of me. It brought me to a cozy home. I get pulled back to reality when Suho, Chanyeol and Chen complement her cooking. Looks like I wasn't the only one impressed.

 

After we ate, we went to our schedules and it was different. She wasn't avoiding me anymore, when our eyes would meet she would shoot me a smile or a wave- I even looked behind me just to be sure that she was looking at me- she would talk to me, tell me jokes and laugh at mine.  She wouldn't walk the other way when she sees me going towards her, she'd even meet me half way and I felt great. I wanted to jump, shout and do a dozen of cartwheels. Maybe Hyung told her something, maybe he got through to her; I don't know. All I know is I see a sliver of light in the dark tunnel and I'm going to chase it. Even if it’s just a tiny ray of hope, I'll hold on because it's better than nothing.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Update! :))) I know this is a short one. Mianhe! *bows* but... I'm going to speed this one up. Hope you still like it though. Comment. Subscribe. Message me. Add me. Show some love! :*

xoxoxo Kyon Seul