Chapter 10: Planning the day

Professional Dream Catcher

XOXOChapter 10XOXO

-Planning the day-

 

*Hye Kyung's POV*

 

It felt nice; not trying avoiding anyone and just having a good time. Last night before sleeping Kris talked to me- it’s become a thing for us in the terrace-  about walls and how easy it is to put in people's lives but so hard to break it. It might take months, years or even decades but how it still depends on the person; if that person is willing to give someone a chance to come in and break those walls. He's right and I've decided. I'm going to let someone in. Sure, the walls I've built protected me for all these years but it also hindered me from actually living and I'm ready to take the risk.

 

It was only 6 in the morning but I was already up -along with a couple of people- I was checking the pictures I took yesterday while I drank coffee and finished the strawberry waffle Suho prepared and I couldn't wipe the smile away from my face. This time I didn't just cover them. In some shots, I was also present but of course I would never publish any of that. I'm going to enjoy my next article, I can feel it. I was still smiling at the screen like the dork that I am when I heard Suho sigh.

 

"Suho-shi what's the problem?" I ask, distinguishing to be published pictures from the private ones.

 

"Minseok's birthday is coming." he says, making it seem like he had the whole word on his shoulders.

 

"And..." I ask, popping the last piece of waffle in my mouth.

 

"We always organize a birthday party before the day because we spend the actual day with the fans but we have such a tight schedule and we don't know what to do. We don't even know how we'll go unnoticed." he finishes, stating his dilemma out in the open.

 

"Yeah. I don't think that the baozi even remembers that his birthday is coming." Kris adds, his hand on his chin; thinking.

 

"I'll help." I say, typing the start of my article. "It'll be easy once we get to know what we'll give him besides he won't find me suspicious if I call the cake shop or something. I can say it's for your profiles." I finish, deleting a whole sentence that didn't seem to fit. They weren't saying anything so I looked at them, they were gaping at me.

 

"What?" I ask, raising my shoulders in question. "Despite my messy bag and room I do know how to plan things. So, what would you guys like to give him? We need to finish this before he wakes up." I say, going back to work on my article.

 

One of the doors open and we stay silent. "Morning Jongin. Breakfast?" Suho asks.

 

"There's still some coffee left if you want it." I add.

 

"Nah, I know how crazy you are about your coffee but I'll have some waffles." he answers, yawning and stretching before sitting beside me on the dining table.

 

"I'm not crazy about my coffee, banana milk is more expensive and you guys don't have it so I work with what I have." I say, sticking out my tongue.

 

"It's early, why are you all dressed up?" I ask and he raises an eyebrow.

 

"You haven't read the schedule have you?" he asks; a smirk playing on his lips. My eyes grow wide.  I've been too busy so I haven't. I stand up and rummage through my bag until I find the book binder that was handed to me when I started covering them. I flip to the day- March 20 (Tuesday) - and scan. I thought they were free, I face palm myself. So that's why Suho said their schedule were tight. Kai had the first schedule; he had a photo shoot for Calvin Klein. I reach for my phone and was about to unlock it when I felt someone hovering. I turn around to catch Kai peeking on my phone.

 

"Yah. Why do you want to see my password?" I ask, shoving him lightly. I cover my phone and unlock it. I text Eun Sang to come over as soon as she can and cover the others while I cover Kai since we needed to be there 20 minutes from now and she wouldn't be able to make it. I start packing my things up and head on to the shoot.

 

*Kai's POV*

 

We arrive 10 minutes early since she kept on bugging me to hurry up. I didn't know if this would last -her being comfortable around me- but I want it to go on forever. Some of the staff was already here and she's 'surveying' the venue. After I finished getting ready I go around to find her. She's by one of the huge windows, her camera focused on the sunrise and just before she clicks I see her smile. It's really the little things she does that make my heart beat like crazy.

 

"Until when are you going to stand there and stare at me?" she suddenly asks, taking pictures of various equipment and finally turning to me and clicking; she just keeps clicking, she walks toward me and just keeps on clicking. When she's only 3 inches away; she stops, lets her camera hang loose, stares up at me and suddenly I thought that she was going to tiptoe and kiss me but that doesn't happen, instead she tries not to laugh and fixes my hair.

 

"You look like you just came in from a storm and that's not good." she says, fixing my hair and I see her struggle (since she's shorter).

 

"Having a hard time little pixie?" I asks, a smile forming on my lips. She hits me and I feign hurt.

 

"That's a double insult, you grizzly. Calling me short then calling me a pixie." she says and I grow confused, grizzly? Bear? She must have seen my confusion because she laughs and says.

 

"A grizzly bear is big and brown...." she avoids my eyes and seconds later it sinks in... Brown.

 

"I know, I know. I don't have fair skin." I say, putting my hands up in surrender.

 

"I can call you caramel or pedobear but my favorite one is grizzly, it suits you." she says jokingly then the photographer shouts, the shoot is going to start in five minutes.

 

We go to the set and the theme was 'young love' I had a partner but during the shoot all I could think about was her. How she brightens up everything with the sound of her laugh, how she lifts up my mood with her smile and how she seems to complete it with just a glimpse of her.

 

After the shoot we were ready to go when she stops, hands me all of her things and excuses herself to the restroom. While waiting, I open the camera and browse through the shots. She's good. I can't help but smile when I see what she did to the picture she took of me earlier. She only took my eyes but the picture that really catches my attention is a picture of her, caught in the moment, laughing, seemingly trying to stop the photographer from clicking and I can't help but think... "Who captured this moment?"

 

"What are you looking at?" I jump and she her peering over my shoulder. When she sees the photo she blushes and takes the camera away.

 

"Sorry. Kris was making fun of my laugh that time and shot this." she said, deleting the picture from the camera. Kris. I should've known. I force a smile and we go on to the next schedule.

 

Inside the car she suddenly asks "What does Xiumin-shi want?" and I stop, oh yeah. He's birthday's coming up.

 

"Uhmmm. Bun?" I ask smiling. Then I see her light up, really light up. She clasps her hands and wears a smile the whole way to the schedule. When we get there she immediately runs to Suho and whispers in his ear. Hyung laughs and agrees with what she said. What is this girl planning now? Besides this I notice Baekhyun and Eun Sang laughing on the order side of the room and I smile. The glint in Baekhyun hyung's eyes is unmistakable, he's fallen. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello! Hehehehe. Another update... :)))) So... what I did here is Kai's POV is the continuation of Hye Kyung's. I change my writing style once in a while, depending on the chapter. I hope you still like it! Don't Hate, Appreciate! :* 

xoxoxo Kyon Seul