Chapter 15: Family matters

Professional Dream Catcher

XOXOChapter 15XOXO

-Family matters-

*Hye Kyung's POV*

 

The sound of pats and pans colliding woke me up. I was about to stand up when my back suddenly hurt and I noticed that I wasn't in bed. I remember what happened earlier in this day. Ughhh.

 

"You two look so cozy." someone says. I open my eyes and see that it was Kris then I turn my head to see that I was sleeping on Kai's chest. I sit up and try to clean myself up.

 

"What happened huh?" Kris asked, sitting beside me on the carpet. Kai sits up too and I look at him 

 

"Yah. If you were already awake why didn't you wake me up or move my head?" I ask him, putting my head on Kris' shoulder. My head hurts. Ughh.

 

"You seemed to like sleeping very much and I didn't want to want to wake you up." he tells me, standing up and brushing off dust on his clothes.

 

"Berry, are you okay?" D.O calls out while cooking. I stand up and Kris helps me.

 

"Yeah. Just a head ache." I tell him.

 

"Why don't you go buy some medicine?" Kris asks me. I just nod.

 

"Chanyeol, go with Hye Kyung to buy some medicine okay? I'll just fix her room up." Kris yells and I wanted to tell him I was fine but I couldn't.

 

"Kris, don't move my things around. I might not find them." I yell before we went out.

 

"Hye Kyung, what happened? Did you fall? Why'd your head hurt all of a sudden?" Chanyeol asks me while we wait for the elevator.

 

"Ughh. Probably just because I don't have regular sleeping and eating habits. Don't worry; this is normal -kind of." I tell him while I stretched my head from side to side.

 

We were already at the lobby when I see someone familiar, I squint.

 

"Sang Neul-ah?!" I yell at the girl who was making a ruckus at the reception. The girl looks at me and smiles.

 

"Eonnie!" then runs to hug me.

 

"Sang Neul, what are you doing here? Does mom know? How did you get here?" I ask, bewildered.

 

"Eonnie, you won't even ask how I've been?" I was about to answer when I feel someone behind me. I look back, it was Chanyeol.

 

"Oh Uhmm. Chanyeol, sorry... This is uhh"

 

"Annyeong! I'm Han Sang Neul, Hye Kyung eonnie's little sister." She introduces herself, bowing. Chanyeol bows back and smiles.

 

"Let's go, I need to buy something and explain will you?" I say pulling her outside.

 

"Okay, okay. I thought you'd be happy..." she tells me, pouting.

 

"I am happy, it's just that at the same time I'm worried." I tell her.

 

"Ohh. She probably misses you, that's why she's here. Give her a break, I'll treat you guys!" he says, clapping his hands together and Sang Neul does the same, biting her lower lip at the thought of a treat. I roll my eyes.

 

We arrived at the store and Chanyeol both bought us ice creams and I bought medicine- my head is still pounding and it seemed to be getting worse by the minute. We sat down and Sang Neul began to explain.

 

"You see, since you left home I started to save money to come here and visit you. I knew I'd miss you and I knew that you'd be too busy to come home as frequently as we'd like you to and I also knew that you wouldn't be able to go online that much. I let mom and dad know beforehand, of course they freaked out at the thought of me coming unannounced at first but oh you know... I persuaded them and so here I am today. Tada." She finishes with a big smile on her face. I hug her so tight that she squeaks.

 

"I missed you. I miss you guys so much and I wish I could go home with you but I can't and I'm sorry. I really do want to go home with you and I want you to stay but my condo has been temporarily taken from me and I don't know if you'll be fine in rooming with me and living with a bunch of guys even for a night but if you're fine with that then just sleep here. For one night?" I tell her and I'm really hoping that she would say yes but she looks at me, a sad smile on her face.

 

"You know how mom and dad are... I even needed to persuade them for a month just to let me go and visit for a day... I'm sorry." she whispers and I just sigh, I knew it.

 

"That's fine, let's just enjoy the day. I'll just text my assistant to cover the boys and we'll go. Okay?" I tell her while I got my phone out and texted Eun Sang to cover the boys for me. I completely forgot about Chanyeol.

 

"Uhmm. Hehehehe." a deep voice behind me suddenly pops.

 

"Oh, Chanyeol! I'm sorry... I forgot, would it be fine if you go on ahead to the dorm?" I ask him, eyes pleading. He clicks his tongue.

 

"No, no, no. I'll go with you guys, I don't have anything for today anyway besides how would you tour your sister when you haven't even toured yourself?" he asks, laughing and the boy's got a point.

 

After eating we head on out. We talk about various things and go to places Chanyeol deemed fun which of course consisted of numerous arcades, food stores, the teddy bear museum- which I enjoyed the most, the fluffiness was uncontainable- one palace, a very tall tower I didn't even notice before today and when night came we rode a Ferris wheel. The day was fun especially since I had my sister with me but I couldn't really enjoy it since my head was still throbbing then I remember that I still hadn't taken my medicine. We were already walking back to the dorm, so I could introduce my sister to them, I was feeling inside my bag for the medicine when my sight began to sway, the colors started to fade and my breathing slowed, I see the street coming closer then I hear Sang Neul's and Chanyeol's slowed voices screaming. I wanted to tell them not to shout, that they were disturbing people but no voice came out then I see nothing but black.

 

*Kai's POV*

 

It would only be natural that we both fell asleep since we woke up so early. I wasn't really surprised that this was the topic almost the whole day with the guys and I didn't really care. What I couldn't really forget though is when she rested her forehead on Kris' shoulder, she was conscious and yet she did it. Aishh. Chanyeol went out with her and still hadn't come back- nor has she and Eun Sang showed up claiming she's going to be the one covering us today. Of course Baekhyun's face lit up on the news and yet I felt uneasy; I felt like something bad was going to happen. Chanyeol hasn't texted any of us and I knew they were together which offered me a slight relief since I know that Chanyeol wouldn't let anything bad happen but I really couldn't shake the bad feeling I was having. We were in a photo shoot and Taemin sunbae was there with us, I think he heard of what happened earlier because after my turn he approached me.

 

"Hye Kyung is one precious little thing... Isn't she?" he asks me, sitting on the table and staring at me.

 

"What's so precious about her?" I answer trying to joke it off but he just stays silent and I look up, only to see him still staring then he smiles.

 

"Do you know why I call her cookie? -he doesn't let me answer- it's because she likes cookie monster so much, she told me it was because he's blue and he likes to eat which always makes her happy so I bought her a cookie monster stuff toy. There wasn't an occasion but I just saw it and I remembered her. Since then she always has it with her, have you noticed? I think it's a little funny though because I used to be the one she likes most in the industry and now? We know each other and she always has a little part of me with her. She's really different." he tells me, once again not letting his gaze drop.

 

So they were close, what should I do about it? Did he really need to say that or did he just want to make me jealous? But this is taemin sunbae, he wouldn't do that.

 

"All I'm saying is, she's precious. She should be treasured and if you really like her then protect her, don't let any harm come to her because as precious as something is it can always be scratched and it will never be the same. I trust you so don't break It." he tells me, slapping my back then going.

 

What is with guys and her? Do I look like I'm going to dump her when I do get her? Do I have one of those faces that look like I'll hurt girls? So the whole day my mind wandered; to wherever she was, to what might happen but mostly to what Taemin said.

 

"Jongin Hyung, jongin Hyung." I slowly look at Sehun who was shaking me and I just stare.

 

"Uhmm. Are you okay?" again I don't speak, I just stare.

 

"Uhmm. I- I heard what Taemin sunbae said and I think I get where he's coming from. We're stars; we have a lot of fans and Hye Kyung... She's not always on the spotlight, she writes about us but people rarely know who she is and if the fans find out... You know, they could be harsh and She... She doesn't have anyone to protect her so don't think that you seem like someone who's out to break hearts. Okay?" he says, chuckling nervously then leaving me alone.

 

The schedule was finished and we were back at the dorm. Chanyeol and Hye Kyung weren't back yet but I promised myself that I'll give this night to myself. It was 9:00, we already ate and we were playing video games but they still weren't back yet. I was about to get my phone and call Chanyeol when he came bursting in the room Hye Kyung lying limp on his arms. My heart stops, a thousand bad scenarios come to mind and my feet move on their own.

 

I take her from Chanyeol and place her on the bed.

 

"What happened? Why didn't you call us? Why didn't you protect her?" I yell at Chanyeol who was talking to a girl I didn't notice earlier.

 

The girl moves forward trying not to laugh.

 

"Calm down will you? She's just tired, we already brought her to the hospital and it's just extreme fatigue. Leave her to rest and she'll be fine tomorrow. You're Kai-shi and if I weren't who I am I'd think she's your girlfriend or even your wife with the way you worry." she says, eyes twinkling. Then she starts naming the others one by one stopping at Chanyeol, thinking then says "Uhmmm. Who are you again?"

Chanyeol's faces visibly falls them she laughs and claps her hand.

 

"I'm only joking yeollie, of course I know you Mr. Park Chanyeol." Chanyeol just stares at her and Suho clears his throat.

 

"Uhmm. Who are you again miss?" he asks.

 

"Oh uhm. Sorry. -She bows- I'm Han Sang Neul and I'm Hye Kyung eonnie's little sister. Nice to meet you." she bows again. She talks with the others while I just sit on Hye Kyung's side. I knew her life wasn't in the brink of danger but I just wanted to be close to her. I jump when someone speaks.

 

"She looks fragile doesn't she? Kinda like how snow white looked when she slept because of the poison apple?" I tilt my head to see Sang Neul walking towards Hye Kyung then she sat on the floor, tracing symbols on Hye Kyung's hand.

 

"Don't be fooled though. She's one of the strongest people I know, she may not look like it physically but her will and heart, they're stronger than anything I've ever known. Once you find a way into her heart though... That's her weakest point. So if you do, don't do anything you'll regret. Arasso?" she looks at me, an eyebrow raised and I can't do anything but nod.

 

Why is everyone threatening me about her? I thought she would leave but she just sat there, tracing unreadable symbols on Hye Kyung's arm. Minutes later she turns her head to me, smiles then looks at Hye Kyung again.

 

"Have you ever wondered why she always calls you Kai-shi? She can call the others by their real names and nicknames but not you. Have you noticed that? Or have you asked her?" she asks and I stay silent, now that I think about it...

 

"Will you tell me why?" I ask and she shakes her head back and forth.

 

"You need to find out for yourself." she tells me, standing up and kissing Hye Kyung on the forehead. She waves at me then leaves.

 

Why is everything always like this? I know her but not well enough. She confuses me but I hang on anyway, she seems to hate me but claims she doesn't. She's sending me a whirlwind of emotions I could never really decipher because when I think I know; I'm almost always proven wrong.

 

Am I missing something? What am I really supposed to do? I rub my eyes then stretch. Something falls and I quickly look at her to see if the sound woke her up but she just stirs. I pick the notebook up and something falls out. It was a feather, I was just supposed to put it in one of the pages when I notice the drawing and I decided to take a quick look.

 

It was a drawing of a dream catcher, a wolf's eyes in the middle with a phrase on the side.

 

Take me to the places I've always dreamed, Lead me to where I should be and keep me in your arms throughout the whole journey.

 

I turn to the next page. It was a drawing of a guy's side profile, I'm not quite sure but it looks like me and at the side it said.

 

You smiling is a crime in itself, for you capture millions of hearts with just a smile. You captured mine and I fell, oh how I fell. I'm still falling though and you're not here to catch me.

 

I abruptly close the book. I feel like I shouldn't have read anything. This girl is full of words; words that only she can ever understand. I her cheek.

 

"Show me. Show me the end to the labyrinth." I whisper before I kiss her cheek. I place my head over the side of her bed, close my eyes and drift off to sleep. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sooo.. like the other time, I just had an update frenzy. XD Hope you like this one! :D :*

xoxoxo Kyon Seul