Chapter 19: Pick One

Professional Dream Catcher

XOXOChapter 19XOXO

-Pick One-

 

*Hye Kyung's POV*

 

I groan when someone snatches the blanket. I was still so sleepy and I didn't want to wake up. Last night was fun and we all didn't want it to end but... It's the reason why none of us want to wake up.

 

"You guys look cozy." I mumble, minutes later I feel someone nudging my side at first I ignored it but it became persistent.

 

"Aissh. Stop it or I'll bite you." I say, sitting up with my eyes still closed. I open it half way to see Manager Hyung staring at me irritably; I quickly stand up and bow.

 

"Good Morning Ms. Han; you look... Nice." he says, a forced smile on his lips.

 

"I'm sure you've all been informed by Ms. Han about the job offer Mr. Lee told her -my eyes go big, I haven't told them yet- she has been offered to be your official publicist and photographer. However, she still hasn't replied so I wanted to say not to force her on making a decision she doesn't want to do." he says, eyeing each of them.

 

"Now that I've said it, I'll be going and I'll see you in the practice room." he leaves and minutes later someone was shaking me and almost everyone wanted to tell me something.

 

"You have to take it. Wake up, SMent will give you a very nice salary and you get to see us every day. It would be awesome." Chanyeol yells.

 

"I'll give you free buns every day!" Xiumin says.

 

"You will always have a panda with you!" Tao tells me.

 

"We will always cook different dishes!" D.O says, clutching my arm.

 

"I will offer Jongin as Sacrifice!" Chen says then laughs.

 

"Hyung! Stop it." Kai suddenly yells. I can't help but laugh.

 

"Can I put him in a stick and roast him?" I ask, still laughing.

 

"Yah! I'd taste good you know." Kai says, looking at me.

 

"Yuck! You're gross." I say, hitting him and laughing.

 

"But guys, seriously I need to think about this. So stop the fuss and go do your thing. Arasso?" I tell them.

 

It was already 1:00 in the afternoon and they had no other schedule except their practice so I just roamed around the room and checked all the cameras but my mind was wandering.

 

"Why didn't you tell me about this?" a voice questioned, popping my bubble. I look around to see that it was Kris. I sigh.

 

"I'm sorry, I just forgot. Everyone enjoyed so much last night and I guess it left my mind." I answered, peering at the lens of the camera.

 

"Think about it okay? I mean really consider it; it’s a great offer." Kris pats my back and goes. I sigh. Decisions, Decisions.

 

Either a good life, where I can provide for the people I love and save some for myself but live away from my family most of the time or a life with my family but I would be struggling to find a new job and probably go back to minimum wage. Ughhh. I rub my temples; my headaches are acting up again. I should really stop forgetting my glasses. I was about to go to another camera when I heard someone laugh.

 

I look around and spot Baekhyun and Eun Sang poking each other, they look so happy. Is there something between them? I hope not or if something is happening between them she'll at least tell me. It's not that I dislike Baekhyun; it’s just that I don't want Eun Sang to get hurt.

 

The whole day the guys just practiced, polishing their almost perfect choreography. I just let my mind wander around; thinking about everything and absolutely nothing.

I was down almost the whole day and just offered everyone a sad smile. They knew what I was thinking about so they didn't try to cheer me up since Manager Hyung was extra strict with them talking to me.

 

The next day they started filming some clips for their promotions and as usual their charm and dorkiness shone through, which made me smile once in a while. It was a Thursday and even though Mr. Lee told me that he wasn't in a rush to hear my decision I knew that sooner or later they'll ask and I wanted to be ready.

 

"Hye Kyung... Stop being so down. It bothers us." Sehun says, snapping me out of my own world.

 

"Oh Uhm sorry." I offer him a weak smile. Minutes later they start to crowd around me and chant "Hye Kyung Fighting! Let's go! Hye Kyung Fighting! Ho ho!" I laugh and clap.

 

"Thanks guys." I say, holding my stomach.

 

"Here's the deal KyuKyu. You stop thinking of the offer for a while and just do what you're here for then you'll know." Chanyeol tells me while he adjusted his lens less glasses then flashes his signature smile. I breathe in and nod, that I can do.

 

It was already night and we've all agreed to go to the noraebang tomorrow night since the practices for their comeback has gone smoothly and will be done earlier than planned. It's an advanced congratulatory dinner because of their hard work. I was packing my stuff when I notice my phone flashing, I get it and was shocked to see that I had 17 messages and 25 missed calls. I put my things down and look through everything.

 

10 missed calls from my dad, 10 from my mom, 3 from Dong Mi and 2 from Taemin. Then the messages, almost everything came from my parents.

 

'Hye Kyung-ah, Sang Neul is sick. Her fever has been increasing and decreasing since she came home and we already gave her medicine but it doesn't help.'

 

'Hye Kyung-ah, we're taking her to the doctor. She keeps on puking. Don't worry too much, it's nothing'

 

'Hye Kyung-ah, we're back from the hospital, the doctor gave us a list of medicines to buy and a list of the food she can eat. She's fine, just a flu that escalated quickly.'

 

I quickly type a reply.

 

'Omma, I'm coming tomorrow for a visit.'

 

I rub my temples. I hope Sang Neul really is all right, she doesn't get sick often but when she does... I sigh. I go to the boys and get their attention, I bow.

 

"I'm sorry I won't be able to go even though I said I'd go... I'm sorry." I tell them. Kris straightens me and smiles.

 

"It’s okay, what happened?" Kris asks. I look at all of them and they were all staring at me, expecting an answer.

 

"Uhmm. Sang Neul- my sister, you guys remember her right? Well... She's sick and I'm going to go visit her." I tell them, Chanyeol was the first one to react.

 

"What? What happened?" I look at him and his eyes were filled with worry.

 

"It's that time of the year I guess." I answer, shrugging.

 

*Kai's POV*

 

We've all grown attached to Hye Kyung that if we see her sad or bothered we would get uncomfortable. I know she has a lot going on in her mind; the job offer, the job she has now and I hope that somewhere she's been thinking of her feelings then now her sister is sick. Sometimes I wonder how she manages everything without breaking down. Chanyeol's reaction shocked me, maybe he likes Sang Neul? I smile as I remember something I heard -but really didn't mean to hear- I was just walking pass Chanyeol's room and I heard him talking with someone.

 

"What happened? Why didn't you tell me about this huh?" he sighs. "Get well soon okay? I'll try and visit." that's everything I heard but I'm assuming that it was Sang Neul at the other end.

 

I look beside me and watch her bite her lower lip, she's been doing that since we boarded the bus. It's a mannerism - I think.

 

We're on our way to Sang Neul, it's a Friday and we have a lot to do but I found a way to go with her since she wouldn’t be able to stay overnight besides this is a good way to get to know her family.

 

I look at her again; she was still biting her lower lip.

 

"Yah, stop doing that." I tell her, not meeting her eyes.

 

"Doing what?" she asks, her voice confused.

 

"The thing you do with your lips." I tell her. It'll ruin her lips.... Okay, maybe that's not really the reason. It's distracting, I still haven't forgotten the feel of her lips on mine and I don't know if I ever will.

 

She touches her lips -an instinct, I think- and stops. Minutes later she starts to plat with her fingers then started to take out the excess skin on the side of her nails -another mannerism- I click my tongue, she looks at me and stops. Later she starts to fidget -what's with her being so nervous- I smirk then interlace my fingers with hers. A minute flew by and she noticed what I did, she started to pull her hand back but I just tightened my grip then I put our intertwined hands inside my pocket.

 

"I'm here okay? So stop worrying, I won't let go." I tell her and she stops fighting me.

 

I was -of course- wearing a full pledged disguise but if I weren't she would see the big smile plastered on my face.

 

When we reached our stop we got out and headed for the subway. I forgot about our intertwined hands but she looked at me shyly and said

 

"I'm calm, you can let go now." I just smiled and answered

 

"I told you, I'm not letting you go." her eyes go wide.

 

"Yah! Stop acting like... This." she said, trying to pull back her hands. I don't let go and eventually she stops trying. She just sighs and mumbles,

 

"Aish. This guy."

 

We were already on the subway and we didn't talk. We were still an hour or two away from the stop and I was about to start a conversation when I feel her head fall on my shoulders. She fell asleep. This girl must be really tired, of everything. I put her in my lap -for her to be more confortable- and just watch her.

 

To the others we may seem like a couple but what about her? What does she feel? I her hair out of her face and start to sing.

 

Jogeuman nalgaetjit neol hyanghan ikkeullim naega ttaraora sonjitan geot gataseo

(The small fluttering of your wings seemed like it was telling me to follow you)

Aejeolhan nunbitgwa mueonui iyagi gaseume hoeoriga morachideon geunal bam

(The sad eyes and tacit stories in your heart that night in which the whirlwind is raging)

Omyohan geudaeui moseube neogseul noko hanappunin yeonghoneul ppaetgigo

(I was mesmerized by the mysterious you and stared at you and had my one soul stolen)

Geudaeui momjise wanjeonhi chwihaeso sum swineun geotjocha ijebeorin nainde

(Because I am completely drunk at your movements, I even forgot how to breathe)

Walcheucheoreom sappunhi anja nuneul ttel su eobseo siseoni jayeonseure georeummada neol ttaragajanha

(Like a waltz, I sit lightly and can't take my eyes off of you. My eyes naturally follow you every time you walk)

 

I was halfway through the song when I noticed that some people were taking a video of us and I continued. No one will recognize me anyway. By the time the song ended she was still asleep and I kissed her forehead.

 

Maybe I'm enjoying this too much, maybe I'm being too happy and maybe this will end badly but right now, at this moment, I don't care. All I care about is her lying on my lap, her chest rising and falling, her eyes fluttering as if she was dreaming and how much this moment means to me.

 

For the duration of the ride I just took in all of her features; her semi-long lashes, her bare smooth face, her pinkish plump lips even her not too tall nose. She had so many imperfections; her mood swings, her excessive kind heartedness, her work-a-holicness and many more but to me they aren't imperfections; maybe I even grew to like them, to like everything about her. I sigh and look at her, this girl has caught me and my heart off guard and a part of me likes it.

 

When we reached our stop, I gently shake her but when she started to get up the doors were already closing so I quickly carried her and went out. Of course she went hysterical and started hitting me but I was used to it and just put her down. I continue to hold her hand though and when we arrived in front of a beige colored house she stopped to look at me seriously before she could speak the door opened and someone called her name.

 

"Hye Kyung-ah? Is that you?" the woman was about to hug Hye Kyung but then saw our hands and was taken aback. Hye Kyung pries her hands away from mine and has a worried look on her face.

 

"Uhmm... Omma, this is Kai." she introduces me and flustered I bow.

 

"Hi, I'm Kim Jongin. Nice to meet you Mrs. Kim." I say, and she smiles.

 

"Just call me Omma not because of something weird. Just because. Come on in." she says and we do.

 

Unlike Hye Kyung her family was easier to be comfortable with. They were happy, energetic and so warm.

 

We were on the family room when her mom suddenly asks

 

"Oh, you're birthday is just around the corner! How are you going to spend it?" she claps her hands and my eyes grow wide. Her birthday.

 

"Omma, it's just any other day besides I have work remember?" she answers. "Hey, I'm just going to check on Sang Neul okay? Don't go around snooping." she tells me while she gets up and goes to Sang Neul's room. The moment she disappears her mother talks to me.

 

"I never thought she'd actually meet you more over bring you here." she chuckles and shakes her head. What does she mean?

 

"Here do you want to see some baby pictures?" she says, handing me photo album after photo album.

 

We were looking at a picture of her posing for the camera when her mother sighs, I look at her and for some reason she seems older.

 

"Time flies by so fast -she touches the picture- and my Hye Kyung, ani my Kyon Rae needed to grow up so fast. She didn't even get to enjoy her life; all she did was to study hard, graduate as fast as she could while working part time jobs and get work. She always looked out for us ever since her biological father left and I never could say how sorry I truly am, for taking the time she deserves for a shot at happiness and pure fun. She's still pure though and thanks to her stepdad it's easier now than it used to be -she wipes a tear that rolled down her cheek then looks at me- she's precious, don't ever hurt her. Kyon Rae is strong, that's true but she also has limits and she can't handle everything on her own even if she says she can. If you really like her, be there." then she looks at another picture and laughs as if nothing happened, just then Hye Kyung comes down and yells.

 

"Omma! Stop that!" then she runs and slams the photo album shut, not before I get one picture though -just for memorabilia.

 

The day goes by and I noticed how her family cherishes every moment they have with her, probably because she doesn't get to come home often, taking pictures, cooking her favorite food and just bonding even Sang Neul went down and rested there just to be with her sister.

 

It was already 10 in the evening, we've already said goodbye and was walking toward the station when she grabs my hands. I look behind me and see her smiling.

 

"I want to take you somewhere. Okay?" she asks, eyes shining. I just nod and let her drag me to an elevated place, there weren't people and it overlooked the city. She breathes in, taking in the scene.

 

"I used to come here often, just after my job. I'd just sit and look, let my mind wonder in all the possibilities but then time started to run from me and I often find that I don't have enough time for everything. How do you do it? How do you just work and let time pass you by? Wouldn't you regret it five years from now? Don't you want a family of your own?" she asks, looking at me and sitting down.

 

"Sorry, I tend to let my thoughts over take me when I'm here." she says, chuckling. I smile and sit beside her.

 

"Hmm. I don't really know about regrets but for time, I enjoy it. How else could I go with it? A family? Of course I'm thinking about those things but it'll come when the times right, at least I'd like to hope so." I answer her. I hope I at least comforted her.

 

"Wow. I never knew you could think that way." she says.

 

"Why? How do you think my mind works?" I asked, curious and she snickers.

 

"Oh you know, how guys usually think." she answers and laughs. "Anyway, did you know that my parent's know who chanyeol is? Hmm. Something’s fishy." she takes a deep breath and closes her eyes. For a moment I'm tempted to claim her lips as mine but shake the thought off then she chuckles.

 

"In dramas when a girl does this, the guy kisses her and then it all goes off from there -she peaks at me- so, do you want to kiss me?" she asks and I swear my heart beats faster. A few momenta of silence, she's just staring at me and when I thought she's serious she burst into fits of laughter.

 

"You should have seen your face." she says, hitting her thighs and laughing uncontrollably.

 

"What if I took your offer?" I ask her when she settles down. She smiles at me.

 

"I knew you wouldn't, you aren't like that. In a perspective, you're different." she answers, as if it's the most obvious thing in the world.

 

I just shake my head, this girl. What if I took up her offer, what then? What if I'm not who she thought I was? I smile; the point is she's got me on the dot. She already knows me. After a few minutes we just grab a cab and go home.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Then.. BAM! Double Update! :)))) This is my payment for not being able to update every week! Hope you like it! Comment. Subscribe. Show some love! :))

xoxoxo Kyon Seul