Chapter 18: Decisions

Professional Dream Catcher

XOXOChapter 18XOXO

 -Decisions-

 

*Hye Kyung's POV*

 

I cover a yawn before clicking my camera to get a shot of the guys shooting for their album. I slept late last night because Minmin needed my help in capturing the heart of the girl he likes. I rub my tired eyes, I've been sleeping late again and they've been worried that I might faint.

 

"Hye Kyung, don't push yourself too much okay? Eun Sang can always help you." Lay suddenly says and I nod.

 

"Yeah, thanks. I'll be fine, stop worrying." I tell all of them and smile.

 

"Eun Sang, can you take their pictures for a while? I'm just going to grab some banana milk, want anything?" I ask, slinging my back on my shoulder. She pauses to think.

 

"Strawberry Milk!" she answers and I nod.

 

I get inside the elevator and just when it was about to close someone yells.

 

"Wait!"

 

I push the button in time to see Kai enter the elevator.

 

"Oh, what are you getting? I can get it for you; the shoot isn't finished yet is it?" I ask, rubbing my temples.

 

"Oh uhm, no it's okay. Their orders are too many for you to bring anyway. Uhmmm. Are you okay?" he asks and I feel his hand rising up to touch me. I instinctively move away and nod.

 

It's not that I'm afraid of him -maybe just a little bit- it's just that I know he has the most power over me and I hate that so I distance myself from him.

 

"Why did you cry?" he suddenly asked and I looked at him in confusion. "When you kissed me -he touches his lips- I saw a tear roll down your cheek. Why?" and right then the elevator door dings open, I smile and walk out.

 

He trailed after me and I stop in front of the vendo machine. I put in my coins, press the button and claim my drink. He just stood beside me, silent. After getting Eun Sang's drink I get another one.

 

"I don't really know, maybe it's because after all those years I finally get to let you go and it overwhelmed me." I answer, handing him the extra banana milk I bought and smiling. "Later." I wave, walking back to the elevator.

 

"Are you letting go?" he suddenly asks and I stop. I don't look back. I smile and answer.

 

"Maybe, maybe not. Who knows?" then I walk towards the stairs, I needed to think and for that I needed time.

 

************

 

"Let go." I yell, stepping up a stair, my eyes closed.

 

"Hold on." stepping up another stair. I've been repeating this crazy habit of mine since the ground floor and I was already on the third floor. Two more floors to go.

 

"Let go."

 

"Ho-" I didn't get to finish because I slipped on something liquid. I brace myself for the impact.... Which never came.

 

I open my eyes to see Kai underneath me, clenching his teeth in pain.

 

"Omo. Kai-shi? I'm sorry, how are you feeling? Can you move? Otoke?!" I bite my lower lip and stare at him, he didn't make an attempt to move and panic is starting to set in.

 

What if he's injured? Fractured a bone just because I opted to keep my eyes shut? What then? They have their comeback and he's the dancing machine. Aish. Their moves aren't easy either. I was hitting my head and before I knew it tears were already spilling down my cheeks.

 

"I'm sorry. -I hiccup- I promise I won't go up the stairs with my eyes closed anymore just don't be injured." I say sobbing, I feel his hand over mine and he removes my hand to see my face. I sniff.

 

"Don't cry, ever." he says, sitting up and wiping my tears away. He smiles. "I'm fine, whatever happened I'm sure it's nothing serious. I'm tough." he tells me, striking his chest with his hand and I smile.

 

I stand up and extend my hand for him but I could see that it took him effort just to raise his arm so I hug him and help him to stand up. For such a lean looking fellow he's heavy. We go out the stairs and ride the elevator instead.

 

"So have you decided?" he asks, turning his head to look at me. He was leaning on me and I was supporting his back so when I turned to look at him my eyes popped upon realizing that our faces were only centimeters away, I swivel my head back forward and clear my throat.

 

"Decided? About what?" I ask.

 

"If you're letting me go or not? I decided to follow you since you were talking to yourself. Seems like I made the right choice, if I weren't there what would've happened to you?" He tells me.

 

I smile. If only decisions were that easy to make.

 

"I still don't know and thanks." I answer. Seconds later he plants a kiss on my cheek. I hit his shoulders.

 

"Ouch. Ouch. You don't hit a person who's already hurt." he says, rubbing his shoulders.

 

"Well, you don't simply kiss me." I answer.

 

"I kissed you because I don't know what you’re decisions will be. I figured I'd take the chance while I still have it besides it's your payment for hurting Me." he answers, sticking out his tongue like a child and I hide a smile.

 

**********

 

"This is nothing to serious, just rest for a day and stretch. It'll be gone. The impact just shocked the muscles and that's why it hurts." the doctor says and I sigh in relief. Good thing nothing was broken.

 

My phone beeps and I excuse myself to answer the message. I was outside the examination room and before I take my phone out, two figures in the corner caught my attention. Eun Sang and Baekhyun were laughing. I haven't seen Eun Sang that happy before and neither have I seen Baekhyun's eyes shine like that. These two, is there something between them? I was about to approach Eun Sang when another beep interrupted me so I look at it first. A tiny gasp escapes from my lips. It's from Mr. Lee's secretary.

 

"Ms. Lim,

Mr. Lee has called you in to discuss important matters. Please come as soon as you can."

 

The second message was from Dong Mi. I don't read it first; I needed to talk to Soo Man fast. I bid the guys good bye and told them not to wait up. It was already 10:00 in the evening after all and I knew they were tired. The whole day was used for their new album and they were excited, they even wanted to practice more but I tell them to at least rest before practicing again. I told D.O that there were some left overs on the fridge and that he only needed to heat it then went on my way.

 

*Kai's POV*

 

I was happy. I mean sure we had an accident and I'm still not sure what the relationship is between Taemin and Hye Kyung but I couldn't erase the smile from my face.

 

Maybe it's because I'm sure that she really is the one for me. I'm done with questioning my feelings because the more I deny them, the more I get confused and I don't want to be confused anymore. It hasn't even been a month but she has successfully caught my heart and I want to know her more; I want to know more about the side she doesn't let anyone see.

 

She left before us because Soo Man needed to talk to her and we went home right after. I was supposed to change clothes when D.O called me to help with the food, something he's never done before.

 

"Hyung, you don't let me help. Is something wrong?" I ask.

 

"Don't ask and just heat this up." he gives me a bowl filled with noodles, I shrug and just heat it.

 

"Hye Kyung woke up early to prepare all this for us." he suddenly tells me.

 

"She's treating us like her family and I think I like her." he says, staring at me. My eyes widened. What? Hyung likes her?

 

"What would you do if I told you I'd fight for her?" he asks eyes serious. I gulp.

 

"Hyung... I'm sorry but I can't give her up." I say, looking down. A minute later he laughs.

 

"That's the answer I want to hear. Hye Kyung fits my ideal girl; she eats a lot, not to girly, smart and kind but I won't get your girl besides I do like her but there's something missing because a part of her will always be with 'that' someone." he tells me, his eyes looked like it held all the answers and he just wouldn't say it.

 

I sigh in relief. I thought he really likes Hye Kyung and I didn't want any more competition, it’s as hard as it is.

 

"Hyung, don't worry I'll take care of it even if she doesn't want me to but first I need to win her heart." I answer.

 

After we ate, everyone was too lazy to sleep and we decided to play video games.

 

"Yah. Don't gang up on me!" Xiumin yells, while we showered him with endless bullets.

 

"Love is like a game. You need to learn how to strategize and be sensitive." Chen suddenly says and we all stop to look at him.

 

"What?" he asks, shrugging his shoulders.

 

"Wah. Chen is all wisdom-y tonight." Chanyeol says.

 

We pause the game and abandon our controllers.

 

"Love huh? 5 years ago we wouldn't even have thought of that." Baekhyun says, stretching on the carpet.

 

"Why? Are you thinking about it?" Luhan asks.

 

"Eun Sang *cough* Eun Sang *cough*" Chanyeol says, containing his laughter. Baekhyun throws a pillow at him and hides his probably tomato colored face.

 

"So... You and Eun Sang huh?" Kris asks, waving his eyebrows.

 

"Hehehehe. Eun Sang and Baekhyun sitting on a tree-" Sehun doesn't get to finish because Baekhyun tackles him and they wrestle.

 

"What about Jongin and Hye Kyung? I smell something fishy." Baekhyun says, looking at me.

 

"What? Nothing's fishy, except your week old socks!" I yell and he throws a pillow at me which I successfully dodge. I counter attack and hit him smack on the face. I was laughing when someone tickles me.

 

"Stop it. Stopp, I'm sorry. I won't do it again." I say gasping.

 

"Wow, you guys seem lively." Hye Kyung comments, closing the door. The tickling stopped and I just sat there, trying to catch my breath when she screamed.

 

"Please. Please, no." she says. I look at her, she was clutching her stomach and backtracking into a corner because Kris, Chanyeol, D.O, Chen and Baekhyun were cornering her while the others scattered so she couldn't run.

 

Soon enough they catch her and tickle her senseless. She lied on the floor kicking; her eyes teary eyed and shut close, mouth open and laughing.

 

This is how we spent almost the whole night; pillow fights and bad case of tickles. When everyone was tired we huddled in the family room and decided to sleep there.

 

We all slept with smiles on our faces and we were all de-stressed

 

"We should do this more often." Sehun says, yawning.

 

"We should." she answers, stretching.

Then sleep conquers us all. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

UPDATE! :)) Sorry for the long wait! School has been Ugghhh! Hope you like it though. Hello to my subbies, Don't be shy to beep me! ^.^ Comment. Subscribe. Vote! :))) 

xoxoxo Kyon Seul