Chapter 17: Misunderstandings

Professional Dream Catcher

XOXOChapter 17XOXO

-Misunderstandings-

*Hye Kyung's POV*

 

I lie on the bed- tossing the cookie monster Minmin gave me- as I remembered what had happened after what I did. I laughed, shrugged it off and continued as if nothing had happened, as if my heart didn't want to jump out of my mouth. Everyone just went with the flow and I'm grateful.

 

I stop tossing cookie monster and close my eyes. I remember one of the conversations Kris and I had in our -almost- daily talks at the terrace. That night I felt like everything would fall, crumble and the ruins will never be picked up ever again. I didn't know why, it was really just one of those nights.

 

"I loved one of you before." I told him, my head buried on my hands.

 

"I know. Jongin huh?" he says and I just nod.

 

"So what's the problem?" he asks.

 

"I, I don't know. I just feel like I should tell him at least once just to get it off my chest." I mumble and he laughs.

 

"Then do it. It's not like you still love him... Or do you still?" before he could finish I shake my head sideways and he chuckles "Then say it, if only for the sake of him knowing and getting it off your chest. I'll help you." and he did.

 

I touch my lips, the lips that touched his not long ago. I've often wondered how it would feel like and now that I have... It wasn't like how I'd imagined it at all because it was even greater and I'll keep denying it. As long as I have too. I peak at Janggu on his bed -he wanted to sleep with me tonight- and I quietly leap off the bed, careful not to wake him. I go out and head to the terrace. I see a figure already standing and I just smile - Kris.

 

"So, how does it feel? To actually have that out your chest?" he asks before I arrive beside him.

 

I sigh. "It's lighter..." I trail.

 

"I'm sorry if that wasn't what you hoped it would be. I just saw an opportunity and I took It." he says, looking at me and I smile.

 

"It's fine; if you didn't do it then maybe I never could have said it. Ever. So thank you, in a way." I chuckle.

 

"What now?" he asks.

 

"Now, I move one." I say, smiling. He hugs me and kisses my forehead- I let him because I see him as my brother.

 

We talk for a few more minutes and we go to sleep afterwards. When I woke up -6 in the morning- I was groggy but I needed to wake up because it was a Monday and the boys needed something to eat. When I was about to go out I feel something wet on my feet, I look down to see Janggu me and I laugh.

 

"Come here you." I say scooping the little guy up, I was petting him when I got out so I didn't see the person in front and ended up bumping into him.

 

"Oh uhm. Sorry, this guy is just too cute too handle." I say, raising my eyes up to see who I bumped into. It was Kai.

 

"Good Morning." he says, staring at me and I feel like he's staring not only in my eyes but to the core of my very existence and I fidget.

 

"Oh uhm good morning." I greet, smiling. I side step and move fast towards the kitchen, I cook the first thing that came to mind to distract myself.

 

*Kai's POV*

 

I couldn't sleep, after what had happened I couldn't. The warmth of her lips still hadn't left mine and it has left me confused as ever. Did she kiss me because 'it's in the past' as Kris said? Did that mean she didn't like me anymore? How can she just shrug it off? Is it normal to kiss someone from wherever she came from?

 

Since I couldn't sleep I decided to get myself a glass of water or just flip through the channels until sleep overcomes me but when I went out there were people in the terrace and I didn't mean to 'eavesdrop' if that's what it’s called but when I heard their voice I couldn't move.

 

"What now?" Kris asks. I peak at them, careful not to be seen.

 

"Now, I move one." She answers, smiling.

 

The next thing I see will never leave my mind, I never thought I'd feel pain like this in my lifetime and maybe this is over reaction but I felt my heart stop, I couldn't breathe and my heart cracks. Kris hugs her and kisses her forehead as if it was the most normal thing in the world, a serene smile on his face. I wanted to shout "Why? Why not me?" but instead I go back to the room and leave them be, I never thought I would ever get to see Kris with that expression on his face.

 

Sleep never came, the scenario I saw kept on repeating in my mind and even though It was obvious that there is something between them I can't help but hold on to the hope that there isn't, that maybe there's just some sort of a mix up but this is what people do, isn't it? Find reasons when something seems so surreal, find reasons to prevent the realization and pain in coming.

 

I go out the room, it was 5:30 and yet I hadn't gotten a single minute of sleep. I sit on the couch; they don't know that I saw them; they don't know that I heard them so I need to act like everything's normal. Right? But how can someone do that if their heart felt like it was crumpled, burned, stepped on and shredded? I didn't know something could hurt this bad. I hear a sound from inside her room, probably her alarm, and I stand up; waiting for her to come out. I didn't know what I'll say; I just wanted to see her.

 

Minutes later she comes out with janggu in hand and bumps into me. Aish, she's as clumsy as ever.

 

"Oh uhm. Sorry, this guy is just too cute too handle." She says, looking at me. Her eyes, I notice, are clearer, brighter if that's possible.

 

"Good Morning." I say. I just stare at her, asking the questions that I can't voice out and soon she fidgets.

 

"Oh uhm good morning." She greets, smiling. She side steps me and goes toward the kitchen, I just watch her and after a few minutes I sit on the couch.

 

After that the day just went by as planned in our schedule, I would sneak looks at her and see if she's acting strangely but she didn't and it almost felt like the kiss, what I had seen and heard didn't happen. Almost. Because whenever I see her, an image of Kris smiling always flashes and when I look at him, I always catch him looking at Hye Kyung.

 

Our schedule finished early and when we arrived Hye Kyung almost instantly left for her 'appointment'. I was on the couch with Janggu when Kris sat beside me.

 

"How're things?" he asks and I scoff.

 

"Things aren't going as planned." I answer and he turns to look at me.

 

"What happened?"

 

"I heard and saw you last night. Since when?" I answer, looking back at him and I was shocked when his chest rumbles of laughter.

 

"Aish. This kid. You need to learn how to ask before assuming. I guess you saw me hug and kiss her huh? And now you're mad at me?" he says, a smile still on his face. I just look at him, confused.

 

"Look, Hye Kyung and I we love each other but not romantically. She's like my sister and I'm her brother. To clear any misunderstandings, I did what you saw I did because she needed comfort and I would never go for her especially since I know you like her, you might even be in-love with her." he raises an eyebrow. "So stop sulking, okay?" he says, standing up and patting me in the back.

 

I couldn't believe what I just heard. I feel like a huge burden has been lifted off my chest and I felt so light that I could fly. I feel myself smiling. I'm so stupid for even thinking about what I did, I wasted energy and I went through unnecessary pain but I brush it off. The important thing is there's nothing romantic between them and the misunderstanding has been cleared up.

 

I go out to walk janggu, a dorky smile on my face. There weren't much people and it lifted my mood more. I was just strolling when I see Hye Kyung with someone; Taemin sunbae. They were in a coffee shop and they were laughing, sure it wasn't rare but I have never seen Taemin sunbae laugh like that before; like nothing in the world was wrong and like only the two of them existed.

 

I walk towards a park- away from the shop- sit on the bench and breathe. I won't assume anything, I won't over react. I'm sure that if Taemin sunbae likes her he would tell me and it would take more than just a few meetings for him to fall, right? I sigh, if he does happen to like her... I'll step down, I know he'll take good care of her and make her happy; that's all that I really need to know.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello! :)) Sorry for this dumb chapter but.... yeah. XD Sorry for updating slowly too, school work is piling up and I need to do things. Hope you still like it. To the new subscribers. Hello!! :))) Thank you! :* Comment. Subscribe. Show some love. :))

xoxoxo Kyon Seul