Chapter 12: Baozi Day

Professional Dream Catcher

XOXOChapter 12XOXO

-Baozi Day-

 

*Hye Kyung's POV*

 

I wake up at around 6:30 and the usually empty family room and kitchen were full of panic stricken guys looking like they could burst any moment. I head for the kitchen and see someone steaming something; I peak at it and see buns. A lot of buns.

 

"Do you think he'll like it?" D.O suddenly asks eyes bigger than the usual. I smile and nod.

 

"Of course he will!" I answer, putting a smile on his face. We didn't get to push through the plan before his birthday since we were all busy with the schedule and planning so we decided to surprise him after the party with the fans.

 

I was about to enter the bathroom when I notice tons of humungous boxes in the family room and I was about ask what were inside those boxes when Luhan, reading my mind answered, "Those are gifts from the fans, some arrived yesterday, some were left outside and some arrived today." he says, while he wrapped his gift for Xiumin.

 

"What's inside?" I ask before I could even think how stupid that sounds. He chuckles.

 

"I don't know. It could be anything." then shakes his head and I go on to get ready for the day. I'm sure this day will be busy for me; I have to cover the event. I have to capture how the fans feel.

 

We go by the SMent building first and we were in the hallway when someone shouted -more like screeched- "Oppa!" then I see Kai expression turn into that of disgust. I turn around to see who it was but Kai held my shoulders and stopped me from looking.

 

The girl went over to Xiumin, greeted him and went over to where I stood. She had long hair, fair skin and she was wearing something short. She looked like everyone else and she stood in front of me, hands folded in front of his chest scrutinizing me as if I were a piece of meat that she's thinking of buying then she scoffs.

 

"I'm Park Soo Jin and Jongin oppa is mine. Got that?" she tells me before she looks at jongin, smiles then strut away from us. We continued walking but I trailed behind, minutes later Kai speaks.

 

"Don't worry about her, she's delusional" He tells me.

 

"Do you like her? Even just a tiny bit?" I ask, looking at him.

 

"Why are you jealous?" he asks, smirking and raising an eyebrow.

 

"You wish." I tell him and shove his shoulders.

 

I don't know why but the fact that he didn't answer my question bothered me so much that I needed to go out and take a breather.

 

//Fast forward//

 

We arrive at the venue at about 10:00; there was a sea of people already waiting for us. They had Banners, Tarpaulins, Print-outs and other things which they waved around. Their screams almost drove me deaf but I was ecstatic, I could feel their energy and it made me hyper as well.

 

I had a staff ID which means I could go anywhere, for the time being I went around the area. Scouting for the perfect place to shoot, I settled at the side where I can shoot the fans and the stage together. Minutes later the screams grew louder, the banner were waved ferociously and some fans looked like they were on drugs. It scared me but I understood them, this is a special moment after all.

 

They went out, Xiumin was in a red suit and the others were all in white with black accents. As usual they looked sleek and impeccable. I start to shoot and until the event ended -which was around 6:00 pm- I kept shooting. It was tiring sure but it’s worth it, there were so many smiles and that's enough for me.

 

Before Xiumin could ask where I was I go to pick up the cake and speed to the dorm. I check and confirm if everything was in order and start the plan. I was the first in the dorm and I move the furniture around a little bit, when I hear them in the hallway I turn off the lights and light the candle on the cake. I hear the door open and someone gasp. Suho claps and I take my cue to sing.

 

"Saengil Chuknahamnida. Saengil Chuknahamnida. Saranghaeyo Minseok, Saengil Chuknahamnida!"

 

Chanyeol opens the lights and the baozi mascots show themselves at my sides. Dancing and clapping. We all sing again and he blows the candle. I get the steamed buns and give it to him. He smiles and Thanks me.

 

"Don't thank me yet." I say, looking at the mascots. He looks their way in time to see who they were. His expression was priceless, he drops everything, runs toward them and envelope them in a hug.

 

"Omma! Appa! How? When?" he asks and the two point at me, I bow. I figured he'd want to spend his special day with his parents so I took the time to contact them.

 

"I reserved a table for the night. Shall we go?" I ask them and they all nod. The trip was full of stories and laughter, we were all happy but this can't stop me from missing my own family and for a brief moment I wonder how they're doing.

 

We arrive at the restaurant and everyone was exchanging stories when Xiumin's mom suddenly asks me.

 

"Hye Kyung, what about your parents? How are they? You should let us meet them; I want to tell them how they raised their daughter well." I gulp and answer.

 

"Unfortunately, they're not here and I haven't heard from them in a long time but when I find the time, I'll let you meet them for sure." I say smiling. I wanted to cry but I shouldn't, it's xiumin's birthday and we're here to celebrate.

 

*Kai's POV*

 

She's trying hard not to cry, I can tell. She misses her family, we all are but I want to be able to do something about it. Minutes later a waiter approaches her and whispers something that made her excuse herself and leave.

 

"Where is she going?" I mumble, not expecting that Sehun would hear it.

 

"She must be going down to meet someone, I heard the waiter saying that there was someone waiting for her downstairs." he answers and I look at him, he just shrugs.

 

We were talking about childhood moments when she -they- arrived. Sehun was right, someone was waiting for her and he still is. Hye Kyung bows and introduces Dong Mi to everyone, she apologizes and excuses herself but Xiumin's mom insisted they stay.

 

"There's no point in eating somewhere else, eat first before leaving." she tells them. I try hard not to look at them.

 

An hour passed and Xiumin together with his parents bade their goodbyes. Xiumin would be going with them for the night and I still can't bear to look at them, they've been awfully close and I don't want to witness any of it. We were all laughing when Hye Kyung stands up and speaks.

 

"We're leaving first, this guy wants to talks to Me." she says.

 

"Can I borrow her just for the night?" He asks us and I grit my teeth. Borrow? Is she a piece of tool or material? I scoff and I feel him look at me. So what? I stand up and head to the bathroom, intentionally bumping into him as I went. When I went out the bathroom I heard them.

 

"For the record, I wasn't the one who avoided you. You were the one who suddenly ignored me without even explaining anything even though you promised that you would." I hear her say.

 

"That's because I felt my feelings for you come back and I knew how that would go so I just avoided you but it didn't help if anything, it made me realize that I really do love you." he says, voice serious. I close my fist, he confessed. A moment of silence then she slaps his back and laugh.

 

"You've always been a joker." she says.

 

I walk back to the restaurant my ears ringing with what I just heard. He's closing in and I'm not going down without a fight.

 

When we get back to the dorm I talk to Baekhyun. We were sprawled in the family room staring into nothingness, just thinking.

 

"Baekhyun Hyung, how are you and Eun Sang-shi?" I ask.

 

"We're fine. She's great." he answers and even without looking I know that he has a smile on his face.

 

"If you had someone you like but you have competition and the odds aren't in your favor. What would you do? How would you do it?" I ask, not playing around the bushes. He chuckles.

 

"What kind of question is that? Of course I'll do it like how I-we- always do things. I'll give it my utmost best with extras and I won't stop until I get her. Odds aren't important. Don't you think it's more interesting if the odds are against you? Because then and only then would you know how much you really love that person." he answers, standing up, patting my shoulders and making his way to the room.

 

Hyung is right, what he said made me realize something. I'll go against the odds to get her. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hope you like this! ^____^ Dong Mi is starting to strike! Hmmm. XD 

xoxoxo Kyon Seul