Vector

Meet Me Halfway (Season 1)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 8 – Vector

 

“Batchmates! We need to follow up the resources we need for the School Week. Guys, we only have one week left please work harder.” I said as I facilitate the whole batch in the headquarters.

 

So far everything is fine, I just want it to finish early so that if we need to do some adjustments - our schedule will not be affected.

 

*SCHOOL BELL*

 

“Well, that’s all for now. Thank you for coming to the meeting. Til tomorrow everyone.” I said as I grabbed my things from the table.

 

I’m on my way to the lockers’ hallway when I noticed that Dara... (Not because she’s tall, she’s not really tall at all.)

 

She’s facing her locker.... Scratch that. Her whole head is already inside the locker.

 

 

What is this girl doing??

 

 

 

 

“You know Dara, even if you’re that small you won’t fit inside.” I said as I make my way to my locker – which is not that far from Dara’s

 

“Tch. This is all your fault.” She hissed.

“Huh? What did I do to you?” I asked as I faced her.

 

Just then I noticed that there’s a pile of trash on her feet.

 

“WHAT IS THIS? THIS IS A LOT!” I exclaimed pointing the trashes. “Are those trashes... from there?” And eye her locker.

 

She just nodded.

 

“What the? Dara... this is littering---” The President inside me said.

“I’m not the one who should be blame for this!” She said as she closes her locker.  But the locker door just hangs in the air. “Pfft. Now what, my locker is even broken. Tss. These people really...” She murmured.

 

As I went beside her, its the only time that I noticed how her locker was a total wreck. Her locker was cracked, has a lot of vandalism outside and there’s even a gum in the corner – Ekk.

 

And as I help her pick up the pieces of papers... I noticed some words---

 

“?” What the fu ck? “What are these things doing inside your locker?” I asked.

“Tch. You’re bothering me asking that?” She said without looking at me.

 

She’s still getting rid of the ‘things’ from her locker when I realized why...

 

 

 

Its because of me.

 

Everyone – well except the six of us – thinks that I’m courting Dara.

I really don’t know who started it. But Aish. I don’t know. Its not even true!

 

 

“Mianhe...” I said as I help her pick the trashes.

 

Knowing Dara’s situation... she doesn’t deserve such treatment.

 

“Its fine. I don’t really care.” She said – not facing me.

 

When we finished cleaning up the mess in her locker...

 

 

 

“Anyway, I’ll go ahead. I need to drop by in the maintenance office for the new locker.” She said and starts walking.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Wait up! I’ll go with you.”

 

**

 

After dropping by in the maintenance office we went straight to the school gate to head home.

 

“Hmmm~~~” She said with eyes closed as she smell the cooking dukbokki just in front of our school. Before she started walking I immediately grab her backpack causing her to stumble on my body.

“YAH!” She shouted.

“Don’t tell me you’re gonna eat that--”

“Aisht. Stop pestering me--”

“Aniyo! You better come with me.” I said grabbing her backpack from the side.

 

 

DARA’S POV

 

What is wrong with this guy. Srsly. He didn’t let me eat those mouth-watering dukbokki. T_____T

 

He just kept on pulling my backpack and TADA!

 

We’re here in front of a bungalow house.

 

“What am I doing here?” I asked.

 

“We’ll eat real food here.” He plainly said and pressed the doorbell.

“Huh? We’re going to eat here? Eh... I could eat at my hous---” But he interrupted.

“You’ll eat here. Umma cooked vegetables for us. You need some nutrients in that skinny body of yours--”

“THIS IS YOUR HOUSE???” But before I could even ask the gate suddenly open. We we’re greeted by a very fairly woman in her late 30s maybe? And she looks like...

 

Kwon Jiyong.

 

 “Umma! I’m home!” He greeted while giving her mom a peck on the cheek.

“How’s school Bab--” but before she could even finished—

“UMMA!” He called with wide eyes.

“Aigoo. This kid really.” She just laughed at his son sillyness.

 

Baby Kwon.

 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

 

Then her mom looked at me. “Oh... A--Any—yeonghasaeyo.” I bowed.

 

I don’t know why but I tend to be extra shy to the elders.

Well... maybe I just don’t know how to interact with them I guess.

 

“Oh.. You’re Dara-yang right?.” She smiled.

“Neh.” I bowed.

 

Then we went quiet.

Okay. This is really awkward.

 

“Come inside. The food is ready.” She said as we walk inside their house.

 

“Why did you bring me here--” I murmur to Jiyong.

“I told you. To eat.”

 

As we got inside—

 

I was totally speechless.

Their interior is really beautiful. It was patterned to white & silver. While their house looks really simple on the outside... inside it was extremely wonderful!

 

“Whoa. This is neat.” I muttered.

“Oh? You like it Dara-yang?” His mom suddenly asked.

“Neh.. Its really beautiful.” I said still fascinated.

“Jiyong here helped with choosing the interior design of our house. I guess, he’s pretty good at it--”

“HYUUUUUNG!” A little boy suddenly rush towards us.

 

Whoa whoa whoa.

 

If his umma is like a photocopy of Jiyong.

 

This little guy here...

 

HE’S A WALKING REINCARNATION OF KWON JIYONG.

 

“The little guy is here. Let me just prepare the dining table. I’ll be back in a sec” Jiyong’s mom stated.

“Oh.. Ji-hoon. How was your day kiddo?” he asked while carrying the kid on his arms.

“Its was good hyung, I got A+ in General Science!” He said while Jiyong asked for a high five. “Eh?? Who are you?” The little kid asked while pointing at me.

“Oh.. this is my friend Ji-hoon, her name is Dara.” Jiyong stated. “This is my little brother, Ji-hoon.”

“Anyeong!” he greeted and waved. OMO! HE’S SOOOOO CUUUUTE!

 

I’m not into kids really. For me they’re all bunch of irritating hamsters—

 

BUT this kid is totally cute!

 

“Anyeong Ji-hoon~” I said while pinching his cheeks. “How could you have a little brother so cute like this? Are you sure you’re not adopted?” I whisper enough for Jiyong to hear.

“BWO???”

“Aish. Don’t shout in front of the kid—”

“Hyung hyung!” Ji-hoon called. “Is she your classmate?” he asked.

“Aniyo.. she’s not. But we’re in the sam

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter