Finally

Meet Me Halfway (Season 1)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You asked for it - OF COURSE YOU GOT IT ;)

 

Chapter 29 - Finally

 

DARA’S POV

 

2nd Day…

 

Because of an unbelievable unknown reason and don’t ask me co’z I seriously don’t know how it happened. Unexpectedly the three sections of our batch started to mingle to each other.

I was really surprised! Hello? 4-A and 4-C? Mingling and seating while enjoying their breakfast together? That’s really far-fetched I tell you. Even just joining them in one sentence is already unbelievable – what more if you saw them laughing their off like they’re all childhood friends.

 

Just wow. Really. I hate to say this but Ms. Parrot is really doing one great job withthis retreat.

 

“Joh-eun achim Dara!!” Bom cheerfully greeted me when I saw her inside the dining hall.

“Morning.” I greeted back nonchalantly. “You didn’t wake me up Bommie-ah… How could you?” I told her as I sit beside her.

 

Yeah. How dare this friend of mine to leave me alone inside our room. She didn’t even bother to wake me up. I thought I was going to die when Ms. Parrot barged inside pur room as she continue to shout in my ears to wake up.

 

What a way to start the day right?

 

“Sorry Dara-ah~~” Bom said in her unusual ‘sweet’ voice. “I don’t want to disturb your beauty sleep eh~~” she sang. Okay she’s weirder than usual. She’s soooo obvious.

“Spill it Bom.” I hissed as I unpack the food container in front of me.

“What?! It’s not that I know something you don’t—” realizing what she said – she immediately clasped .

 

See? How obvious can she be?

 

“Bommie-ah~ you’re a loser in keeping a secret I tell you.” I said as I grab the chopsticks on my side. “C’mon spill.”

“Well… you’ll know soon~~” She continued to sang – she will totally do this the entire day. I could imagine it already. “But you have to eat breakfast first Dara~~” she said as she push the packed food a little closer to me.

 

I was about to start digging in when I saw what’s in front of me—

 

“Bom? Are you kidding me? These are all seafood.” I muttered.

“OH RIGHT! I ALMOST FORGOT!” She said – a little louder than usual.

“Aish. Anyway, I’m fine… I’ll just grab some chips in our room—” I was about to stand up from my seat when she push me to sit down again. “What?! Seriously Bom you’re freaking me out.”

“Tch. Aren’t you used to it?” she said as she laugh like crazy.

 

Right Dara. Aren’t you used to the craziness of your best friend? It’s your fault Dara. PALI. Apologize to your crazy best friend. HAHAHAHA.

 

“Ooooh~~” Bom said – again a little louder but this time, she sounds like she’s reading a script very badly. “The facilitator is calling me~ I’ll be back Dara-ah~~”

“But Bom—” But useless, she just rashly left our table as she scamper towards the exit of the dining hall.

 

Feeling alone, I look around—

 

WTF?! Our facilitator is in the other table – far from the exit – while eating with other students.

 

WHAT THE HELL BOM?—

 

 

 

 

 

“Hey.”

 

 

 

 

 

.

 

 

Uh…

 

 

 

 

ARGH!!! PARK BOM!!!!!!!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

But what?? What else can I do?

 

 

 

BAD VIBESSSSSS!!

 

“Yo.” I greeted back as I turn to face him – not bothering to stand up.

Relax Dara. Relax.

 

It’s just Jiyong. It’s just him.

Nothing special.

No big deal.

 

“Uh… I saw the breakfast a while ago…” he said looking very shy as he scratches his nape.

 

He’s wearing a plain white v-neck shirt, a navy blue shorts and a pair of Sperry shoes. His hair is still a little damp – it looks like he just came from his shower. Oh and he’s not wearing any glasses today.

 

Okay. This is really stupid.

How can I describe his look in detailed in just a glimpse?

 

When my gaze suddenly caught his lips…

 

ASDFGHJKL!!!

What the hell Dara?

 

Look away! Look away!

 

ARGH!!!!

 

Just then I noticed that he’s holding a plastic container in his other hand.

 

“Uh?” I asked awkwardly when he didn’t continue.

“Err… yeah. I was saying… Erm…” he stutter as he continue to look anywhere but me. “I noticed that the food are all seafood… so I asked the cook inside to prepare some bacon and eggs for you.” Then he pushed the packed food in front of me and change it with the one he’s holding.

 

I stare at the bacon and eggs for a while… I noticed that the bacon still looks crunchy – even though its already in a container while the eggs are well done. Ooh~~ Okay, I’m too concern for the bacon and egg. HAHA.

 

Anyway, why are you looking at me like that?

It’s our retreat! We should connect and share good vibes to each other!

And hello? FREE BACON PEOPLE.

 

I grabbed my chopstick again and get a strip of bacon and munch it—Oooh~~ I told you, it’s still crunchy *wiggle eyebrows*

 

As I grab the second strip of bacon, I noticed that Jiyong is still standing at my side.

 

“Chair is free. No payment needed.” I said and nod to the chair beside me as I continue to eat.

“Right right.” He murmured as he pulled the chair and sit beside me.

 

After he settled his self on the chair, he didn’t bother to talk or start a conversation at all – he just remained quiet beside me while I continue to munch my food.

 

It’s so quiet.

It’s so quiet.

It’s so quiet.

It’s so quiet.

It’s so quiet.

It’s so quiet.

 

That’s it.

 

We we’re just quiet the entire time I was eating, of course I didn’t bother to talk or look at him.

 

HEH. I DON’T WANT TO.

 

I was about to clean up the containers in front of me when he beat me to it. “I’ll do it.” He said and immediately grab the containers.

“Fine.”

 

~*~

 

We walk together as we go out from the dining hall and still, it was eerie quiet. I’m not used to it. You know? The fact that I am quiet – that’s already creepy. HAHAHA.

 

But seriously, the atmosphere is getting really awkward. So I decided to start a conversation.

 

“Uh… Erm… Ji—” Think Dara. Think. “Ji-Jiyong… Erm… Sohee?—” WHAT?! “Erm.. where’s Sohee?” I asked – great Dara. Just great IS THAT’S ALL YOU GOTÉ

 

He just look at me for a while then suddenly… he smile… then his smile turn into soft chuckles—Okay. Wow ha. What is this?

 

“I don’t know.” He said – still with his gummy smile and suddenly look ahead.

 

I don’t know I don’t know your face. Tss.

 

“So… are you guys okay now?” I asked – quite embarrassed with the fact that I sound too obvious. Getting nosy with the two of them and all.

 

AISH. EARTH EAT ME UP.

C’MON!

GROUND! JUST OPEN AND SWALLOW ME ALIVE! AISH.

 

But heck—I don’t care! I’ve been thinking about it since yesterday.

I just want to know… nothing else okay :P

 

“Us?” He repeatedly strangely.

 

Right us.

RIGHT THE TWO OF YOU.

 

“Right… Us.” FINE! SCRUB THAT US TO MY FACE KWON JIYONG YOU MTHRFCKR. “Well… I don’t know? Did Sohee and I fight?” He asked as he face me – like I should be the one who knew the answer to his question.

 

WOW HA.

 

I thought you were mad at her… because of what she did to me last Sport’s fest.

I thought you were mad at her… because you’re worried sick to me last time…

I thought you we’re mad at her… because she’s a …

 

Because she’s a …

Because…

 

SHE’S A !!!!

 

BAD VIBES!!!!!

 

“Uh.. No…” I murmured. Great Dara – you look like an absolute idiot! “Anyway, I’ll just go to my room… I have to get something, bye!—”

 

But he suddenly grabbed my hand—

 

Flashback…

 

“Just lock the gate outside when you leave—” I said – quite disappointed.

 

I really thought that he’s going to kiss me.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter