Rocky roads

Meet Me Halfway (Season 1)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This is my favorite chapter so far mehehe :P I was really excited to post this one so apologies for the errors :P This is the start of the real story.

Thank you to my new readers :3 Please let me know what do you think of the flow :3

 

Chapter 13 – Rocky roads

 

DARA’S POV

 

“Don’t tell me you like me?”

 

 

Don’t tell me you like me?

Don’t tell me you like me?

Don’t tell me you like me?

Don’t tell me you like me?

 

Just like a broken recorder, it keeps playing in my head. Joining the frantically beating of my heart.

 

 

Sh it. Am I having a heart attack?

 

 

Don’t tell me you like me?

 

Do I like Jiyong? I thought.

 

That’s impossible and absolutely ridiculous. How could I like this kind of guy...

 

He’s too firm...

 

He’s too intelligent...

 

He’s too attractive – well for some girls I supposed.

 

He’s too popular...

 

He’s too good to be true...

 

 

 

He’s all that.

 

 

He’s too perfect.

 

 

 

 

How could I like this kind of guy? I smiled at that thought—

 

 

“What’s funny?” he muttered as he raised a brow.

“You.” I said still smiling. You’re too perfect... Now you’re asking me if I like you? Huh. “Don’t be full of yourself Kwon Jiyong—“

 

 

 

 

 

 

“OPPA!”

 

 

 

 

Just then a sweet-shouting voice ruined our talk.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Of course. Who else?

 

 

 

It’s Sohee.

 

Now what? She’s now calling him Oppa?

 

She was half running towards us. Tch. I should just trip her and choke her to death.

 

 

 

 

“Well... thats my cue.” I said as I turned my back at him. “You’re well-mannered girlfriend is here.” Tsk. “Anyeong.” I said and waved.

 

 

JIYONG’S POV

 

Days have passed since the School Week... and ever since our little talk – we kind of went back to normal again. We chat a little, well most of the time bicker and annoy each other. Just like the first time – like nothing really happened. I didn’t bother to ask her again or check if everything is okay - why she’s acting a bit strange lately. Co’z I might end up regretting every word I say.

 

So yeah, act like nothing happened... like nothing is wrong.

 

Actually, I’m not really sure what is wrong. If I should really be worried about something -  I thought, maybe I’m just overthinking. Tch.

 

 

 

But things changed a little or should I say... things went back to the way its supposed to be.

 

Dara is officially dating Hyung – they told us one fine afternoon during our break. Well, everyone already considered it dating since it passed a week already – and that’s really new. While Sohee and I are still in the courting stage... not for everyone. Since everyone is already thinking that Sohee and I are officially a couple.

 

“Here’s the list Mr Lee.” I said as I passed the list of our entire batch’s name.

“Thanks Jiyong.. I know I can count on you.” He said and smile a little.

“No problem Mr. Lee.” I said and bowed.

 

Mr Lee is our Values teacher – since Darien is a Christian School, we’ll be having next month our batch’s retreat. You know the time to reflect your sins, actions and all that stuff then you’ll end up crying together. Haha.

 

“Hyung~” Seungri called and place his arms in my shoulder. We’re walking on our way to the cafeteria to meet the others. “We’re planning to attend this indie band rock concert later this evening. Most of our schoolmates will be there. I heard that they’re pretty good. They cover some Linkin Park, Simple Plan song – and a lot more” He said. “You want to come?” he asked.

“Indie rock band?”

“Yeah Hyung.” He answered. “Actually the vocalist is Daesung’s friend. He even got us free tickets!” He said.

“Are they coming?” I asked – they means everyone. Dont overthink guys.

“Yeah Daesung-hyung texted them this morning regarding the concert.” He said. “Everyone will be there.”

 

As we reached our table in the cafeteria... It was the usual scene again...

 

Bom and Dae is talking about the new restaurant in the corner lot of the school while Dara and Seunghyun are laughing so hard. Tch. Talking about P.D.A—

 

“Sure I’ll come.” I said as I took a sit beside Dae.

“BWO?!” Daesung said in disbelief – with his eyes popping out. “You’re coming to the rock concert hyung--???”

“Yeah. Why not?” I said as I raised a brow.

“Nothing nothing.” He said while waving his hands in defense. “I just thought youre not into that. You know...” he said looking unsure whether to proceed explaining or not. “You don’t like noisy places... rock songs--”

“Who told you I don’t like rock songs?” I asked.

“Eh??” Now its Seungri’s turn to be surprised.

“What are you saying hyung--”

“Tch. I like Linkin Park actually” I said while Seungri’s mouth is hanging open. “You know the legend song~” I said and started rapping: “one thing I don't know why  It doesn't even matter how hard you try. Keep that in mind I designed this rhyme to explain in due time--”

“What the efff—” I heard Hyung muttered. “Are you freaking kidding me Kwon rapper Jiyong?”

 

Just then, I just noticed everyone is staring at me with their eyes wide open... except Dara who just smiled a little.

 

“All I know~~” Dara continued the song. “Time is a valuable thing, Watch it fly by as the pendulum swings. Watch it count down to the end of the day, the clock ticks life away.” She rapped while controlling her laugh. I just laugh together with her – remembering how I thought my eardrums are going to die the first time I used of her iTouch.

“Its so unreal~~” I continued while laughing. “YAH. You guys are such a spoilsport.” I said.

 

**

 

I was on our way home when I saw Dara walking alone in the streets – just right about the intersection.

 

“Dara!” I called.

 

She stopped walking and turned to face me.

 

“Yo.” She greeted.

“You’re on your way home?” I asked.

“Nah...” she said as she grip firmly in her backpack “I’m going back to school. You see. This is the way to school right?” she said sarcastically. “Pabo.” She muttered and continue walking.

“Tsk. As always. When will I even get the chance to talk to you with sense.” I teased.

“When you stop asking me stupid question you idiot.” She said as she kicked the stone in front of her—

 

 

*THUNDERRRRR!!!* - (Author’s Note: This is not the Thunder you’re thinking. Its the thunder – the real thing. HAHA.)

 

*LIGHTNING!!!!*

 

 

 

“WAAAAAAAA!!!!” she shouted as she cover her ears.

“Yah! Why are you shouting?!” I asked as I look up in the sky. “I think its going to rain really hard.” I muttered under my breath.

 “WHAT IF I GOT HIT BY THE LIGHTNING?!” she shouted back. “I WILL DIE!” What?

 

 

 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

 

 

 

....

 

 

 

 

 

What the hell is she saying?

 

“You won’t get hit by the lightning Dara--”

“Aniyo. I will be hit by the lightning even before I win the Lottery.” She said covering her face while looking up the sky – maybe checking if there are any lightning.

“Its just a study Dara... a ratio or projection--”

“Stop talking and start walking. We might get hit by the lightning.” She said not listening to me as she starts walking.

 

Really...

This is the weirdest girl ever

 

 

 

“Where’s hyung anyway?” I asked as we cross the street to her village.

“He’s at home by now--” she said as she glance to her wrist watch.

“Bwo?” What? He doesn’t drop her off anymore? “He’s letting you walk home alone?--”

“Tch. I’m not a kid Kwon.” She hissed. “I can go home alone.”

“B—but...”

“I asked him to stop dropping me off. Its a waste of gasoline anyway.”

“What?” I asked – disbelieving on what she’s saying. “Are you kidding me? Hyung’s family is one of richest family here--!”

“I don’t care.” She muttered and I could see to her face that she’s a little mad.

“Wae?” I stopped walking and faced her. “Did something happen?” I asked. But she didn’t stop walking—

 

So I grabbed her by the wrist and make her face me. I noticed that she was a bit surprised by my action but then again she just look somewhere else but not me.

 

“Ssantokki--”

“BWO?!!” she shouted. “What did you just call me???”

“What?” I asked. “Ssantokki?--”

“Why are you calling me Ssantokki??” Eh? Well..

“Nothing... I noticed that you have bunny-stuff everywhere.” I said as I point to her bag. “Your bag, your notebooks, your books, your locker, all the back page of your notebook has a lot of bunny scribbles—” I stopped as I noticed her smiling smugly at me. “YAH! What’s with the f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter