Picture us together

Meet Me Halfway (Season 1)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Anyeong~ Thank your for all the new subcribers and readers :3 Please let me know what you think of the story below :3 KAMSAMHIDA!

Chapter 11 - Picture us together.

 

DARA’S POV

 

“Dara?~ What’s wrong?” Bom asked me with her worried voice.

“Uh...n-nothing--”

“You cant lie to me.” She said as she sits besides me. You know, you’re not a good liar.” She sighed. “Its about the marriage booth right?”

 

 

I was caught off-guard, remembering what happened just few hours ago.

 

 

 

 

“Se—Seunghyun?--”  I thought...  I thought...

 

it was Jiyong.

 

I don’t know why, but I suddenly feel disappointed.

 

I look for him behind Seunghyun but he’s nowhere to be found by now.

 

“Now, we’re now married.” Seunghyun said as he winked at me.

 

 

 

“Well.. Uh--”

“You like Seunghyun right?” She asked and I just nodded. “But it’s Jiyong--”

“BWO??!” I was stunned—where is this discussion going??

“It’s Jiyong that you’re thinking.” She smiled as she points my head. “You’re just too overwhelmed with the fact that you’re now friends with Seunghyun and the gang... You know that we hang out with them now.” She continued as she patted my shoulder. “But you just like him... That’s all.”

“What are you saying Bommie-ah? You know since first year I really really really like Seungyun--”

“But... Is it Seunghyun that you keep on thinking... that you're spacing out?” She asked as she turned away and nod at the direction where I saw 2 people happily talking.

 

They’re both laughing... and just looking at them, you could already tell that they’re perfect for each other. They’re both smart & well known.

 

 

“Its him right?” Bom stated.

 

 

 

 

“Its Jiyong..” she sighed as I try to look away from the 2.

 

 

 

 

 

“And now... you’re jealous.”

 

**

 

“What? Dont tell me you haven’t moved on yet with what happened in the marriage booth a while ago?” Jiyong said for the nth time.

 

 

 

Seriously? What is wrong with this guy? After the fake marriage I didn’t say a thing about it and I’m 101% sure! I'm also sure that I didn’t say anything about Seunghyun at all. But this guy kept of pestering me with what happened back there.

 

 

“Tch. C’mon lets just eat there.” I said as I nod towards the street food across the school.

“Fine, your treat since you won the lottery today.” He teased.

 

Tch. Whatever.

 

 

Well, its been a habit for Jiyong and I to go home together since our village are just across each other, sometimes I will be invited by his Umma to have dinner at their home – so this became really usual for us.

 

“Ahjumma, 1 order of dukbokki and 1 fish cake please.” I said to the Ajhumma vendor. “You? What do you want?” I asked Jiyong.

“Anything.” He said – totally bored.

“Tch.” I glared at him and face the Ahjumma. “Ahjumma, kindly give this guy a tissue paper please---”

“DARA?!” He shouted. “Fine. I want three sticks of fish cake Ahjumma.”

 

 

 

 

Tch. Sissy.

 

 

 

While I savor my dear dukbokki – I noticed that we we’re eating quietly.

Would you believe that?! We’re eating QUITELY people!

 

Well... this is really new. Usually a second wont passed that we won’t start to bicker and annoy each other – well because he’s an idiot.

 

“You’re too quiet, what happened to you?” I asked with a teasing remark as I stick the last piece of rice cake in my plate. “Ahhh~~ I know why.” I smirked. “You didn’t get the chance to wed Sohee ‘no?” I said.

“Tss. That marriage booth is too childish for me.” He said.

“Woo--” I said as I try to snatch his last stick of fish cake—

“YAHH! That’s mine you pig!” He hissed.

“You were in the marriage booth for 10 times I think--” I said as I try to eat the fish cake---

 

But it was snatch away—

 

“No, I think its more than that. You know... having this look is quite bothersome.” He smugly said while eating the fish cake I snatched from him & he snatched away again. Tch.

“Arrogant bastard.” I hissed—

“Tch. Watch your mouth lady.” He said as he ‘palmed’ my face—

“WHAT THE HELL--” I shouted. “You dirty arrogant bastard--” but he ‘palmed’ my face again. “AISH!” Stop it—

“Spoilsport.” He hissed and stood up. “Lets go.” And started walking out of the tent.

 

 

 

 

I was about to stood up when I noticed Jiyong left his handky.

 

 

 

“Yah. You left your handkerchief--” I said as I get his handky from the table and walk towards him. “Tss. Look who’s talking—you messy dirty arrogant bastard, you also have stain in your handky.” I said as I remember what he said about my ketchuped handky.

“Tss.” He mimicked. “I’m not messy like you. That’s your blood---” but he suddenly stopped midway. “Nevermind.” He hissed as he grabbed the handky in my hand and started walking – leaving me behind.

 

 

 

 

 

PMS. Tch.

 

 

**

 

 

While walking...

 

 

“Do you really like Seunghyun-hyung that much?” he asked still facing the streets.

 

 

 

 

I was surprised with his sudden question.

 

Aside from the fact that he looks dead serious and there’s no hint of teasing in his voice...

 

I suddenly felt this weird feeling – throbbing of my throat. Aish. I think I’m getting colds again.
 

 

 

“Well...” I started and faced the streets. “I really don’t know.” I said and noticed he stopped walking and faced me. “Maybe I like him the way you like Sohee?” I stated – well... thats more like a question.

“Our situation is different.” He said. “Obviously, the fact that she rejected me means...  she doesn’t really like me... While Hyung--”

“Nah. You’re wrong.” I said as I suddenly remember the look on Sohee’s face when she saw us inside the headquarters... her smiles & laugh whenever she’s talking to Jiyong... and the way she blush—every single damn time. “She... likes you.” I whisper and sighed. “She’s just acting up – hard to get.” I kidded trying to lighten up the mood.

“But seriously...” He said not minding the joke I cracked up. “You and hyung... I could see you guys in a picture...” He muttered.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Then we reached the intersection... My village is in the left while Jiyong’s in the right.

 

“Just promise me one thing, be careful.” He muttered still not looking at me. “I know Hyung since first year... and I know how he play with girls.” He took a deep breath and faced me. “Arraso?” He smiled as he ruffled my hair.

 

 

 

 

 

 

*THUMP THUMP.*

 

 

 

 

 

 

 And I... being the idiot that I am just plainly stood there.

 

 

 

Totally clueless of what I saw.

 

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter