The Student Council President

Meet Me Halfway (Season 1)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 1 - The Student Council President

 

He looked deep into my eyes as he take a deep breath.

 

I could sense that the atmosphere suddenly changed.

 

Dreamily, I could hear the soft playing of piano in the background, the hum of the birds and this feeling...

 

This giddy feeling like we’re under the cherry blossom tree and like any moment now--

 

“Dara-ssi, I know this is a little early... But...” He stuttered.

 

C’mon just say it.

Just Say it!

Tellmeyoulikemetellmeyoulovemethatyoucantsleepatnightbecauseyourethinkingofme—

 

“Jeon dangsinhante banhaesseoyo..” He said.

 

I have fallen for you..

 

Butterflies...

 

Butterflies...

 

O.mi.god. Did he just---

 

“Please...” He uttered, looking unsure if he should continue or not.

I could honestly sense that he’s really nervousat this moment.

 

 

 

 

 

“Can you be my girlfriend---”

 

 

 

 

*RIIIIIING! RIIIIING!*

 

SERIOUSLY?

 

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING MEEEEE???

 

*RIIIIING! RIIIIING!*

 

REALLY?? NOW?!

 

 

For the nth time, I tried to ignore the ringing of my phone. Hopeful that I could get back to the dream land and be with---

 

*RIIIIIING! RIIIIING!*

 

AISH. This is hopeless.

 

“WHAT?!” I answered while covering my face with the blanket.

 

Ugh. I hate this feeling.

You know, that feeling when you just suddenly bolted up from your sleep and TADA! Here comes the sunlight slapping your face.

“DARA PARK--” The other line shouted. What, so early in the morning and I'm already hearing some scolding?

I was about to hang up when I realized who the caller was. But I was immediately cut off-- “DONT YOU DARE HANG UP ON ME!!!”

“WhattheisyourproblemBom---” I asked irritated. Srsly, if this is Bom that we’re talking about. This is nothing serious. I repeat. NOTHING SERIOUS. She might just ask for some corns or what—

 

“ARE YOU KIDDING ME??!” And yes, she’s always shouting—“YAH! DO YOU KNOW WHAT TIME IS IT???”

“What?” I asked and take a glimpse on my phone. “Its 7:45--” But before I could even finished she yelled again.

“YAHHHHH!!!!!!”

 

 

“ITS 7:45 SANDARA PARK! YOU’RE---”

 

 

 

 

 

.

 

I’m late!

 

As if I was electrified, I just tossed my phone on the bed, I could still here Bom frantically shouting on the other end.

 

I jump to my cabinet, grabbed my uniform and put it on. I tried combing my hair, wear my socks while trying to toast some bread. Yeah, try imagining that. I look like an idiot by now.

 

After splashing my face with water and brushing my teeth. I took a glimpse in the mirror~

 

Meo-ri eo-ggae mu-reup bal

Swag check! swag check!

 

Meo-ri eo-ggae mu-reup bal

Swag check! swag check!

 

LOL.

 

 

I’m almost my way out when I heard the same shouting voice again.

 

“YAHHHH!”

 

Oh right. My phone.

 

“Yo.” I answered while locking my apartment’s door.

“Don’t yo me Dara Park. Where are you??”

“I’m on my way---”

“RUN! Ms. Im will be right here in any sec. Its better be late than be marked absent--”

“Yayaya--” Oohh~ convenience store! Might as well grab some skittles—

“IM TELLING YOU DARA! JUST GO STRAIGHT HERE. Will be having our graded English recitation, you better not be absent. That’s a high percentage for our grade!!”

“Arasso. Arasso.” Bye Skittles :( 

“RUNNNNN!!!”

 

~*~

 

 

At the school...

 

“Late Slip.” I told the secretary of the Prefect of Discipline in the window.

“It’s passed 8am Ms. Park. You need to fill up the Absent Slip--” She strictly said as she glanced to her wrist watch.

“I fall in line here at exactly 7:55 am, the line was long Ma’am” I explained.

 

She raised a brow while I just flash my oh-so-sweet-wide smile.

 

“Fine. Here” She surrendered and gave me a Late Slip.

 

HA.

 

School 101:

1-30 mins means late

31+ mins means absent for the first period.

 

Oh right. We still need to attend the flag ceremony every Monday 7:30, so I’m still late.

 

Anywaaaaaay, Hiway, Subway, Expressway~

 

4-C

 

I opened the front door of our classroom and greeted Ms. Im while giving the Late Slip.

 

“Anyeong Ms Im, mianhamnida I’m late.”

“You’re always late Ms. Park.” She answered while removing her reading glasses.

 

Again I just gave her my famous wide smile and went straight to my seat. But just before I sit down--

 

“2 Korean words, that’s 2 demerits Ms. Park.” Whut. Eff I forgot.

 

Well, Ms. Im is our English teacher and we’re supposed to speak in English for the whole subject. Or else, we’ll be getting demerits.

 

Great. -.-“

 

“Add it to the List Yubin.” She nodded to her direction.

“Yes Ma’am!” Our dear class secretary immediately scramble her things while looking for her notebook of Demerits. She’s the one in charge of listing down the names of the “violators.”

 

Yeah. We’re like in kindergarten. Psh.

 

“Sorry Ma’am I won’t be late next time.” I said finally sitting.

 

“Sorry Ma’am I won’t be late next time.” My dear bestfriend Bom who is right beside me mimicked. “Whatevs.” And rolled her eyes.

“I hate you.” I hissed to her while trying to smile at Ms. Im who’s still practically looking at me – like she’s waiting for me to spill another Korean word.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter