First Date

Meet Me Halfway (Season 1)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Short update to build up the next chapter ;)

Chapter 33 - First Date

 

DARA’S POV

 

That same day we went home to my new family’s house in Pyeongchang-dong.

I was beyond amazed when I saw my new their house.

 

For Pete’s sake! It’s TOO BIG to be just called a house.

 

You see, Bom’s house is way too big compare to my apartment of course but Seunghyun’s house is way way too big compare to Bom’s BUT this house - its way way way way way WAAAAAAY too big compare to Seunghyun’s!

 

IT LOOKS LIKE AN EMPIRE!

 

 

I remember what my Mom said when she noticed my reaction as soon as I stepped inside their house.

 

“Don’t be overwhelmed Dara.” She said comfortingly. “This house is smaller compare to what we have in Japan.”

“Are.you.kidding.me?”

 

 

And what surprised me the most is my room.

Yes people. MY ROOM. Please note the all caps and the change in font size.

 

It’s unnecessary big I tell you. My room alone has 5 doors inside.

5 doors! WOULD YOU HONESTLY BELIEVE THAT?

 

 

1 for the comfort room – which is by the way twice the size of my old apartment.

 

 

1 for the Walk in closet – which is like a mini mall inside my room

 

1 for the living room – which is… EXTREMELY UNNECESSARRY – Hell it’s a freaking bedroom for goodness’ sake. Why the hell do I need a living room inside my bedroom. ITS JUST REDUNDANT.

 

Another living room – oh scratch that, according to Umma it’s a Tea Room.

THE HELL RIGHT? WHY DO I NEED A FREAKING TEA ROOM? CAN’T I JUST SIMPLY SIP MY TEA IN REGULAR CHAIR, IN A REGULAR ROOM, IN A REGULAR HOUSE?!

 

“Umma… This is too much”

“Aniyo Dara… It’s fine. Don’t feel that way.” She said apologetically. “Your room is the smallest room in this house.”

“Are.you.kidding.me?”

 

And yeah, when I asked her what’s the difference of this Tea Room compare to the Living Room. She just nonchalantly said that the Tea room has a mini fireplace while the Living Room has a flat screen.

 

THE HELL.

 

And yes, last but not the least the actual bedroom.

 

 

It’s not just the size of the room but the color of the room is BEYOND UNNECESSARRY.

 

HELL. IT’S PINK!

 

For goodness’ sake, IT’S SCREAMING WITH PINK.

 

“Omo. Dara-ah… Didn’t you like your room?” Umma asked worriedly at me.

“Aniyo… This is actually too much Umma.” I said as I look around the place.

“B-but… why aren’t you look happy?” she sadly asked. “Is there something you don’t like?”

“Uhm… Umma…” I hesitantly started.

“Yes daughter?”

“You know… I’m not really… fond of… color pink—”

“OMO?!” she surprisingly said. “Is that it? Omo omo omo—”

“Yeah… but Umma don’t worry it’s fine. This is actually too much—” I assured her.

“Aniyo. I’m going to call the interior designer now.” She rashly said as the maid gave her the phone.

 

And did I tell you about the army of maids who kept on following us?

 

“I’ll ask her to change this room today—”

“WHAT?! Umma! You can’t just do that—”

“My daughter didn’t like the color, I’ll just ask her to change the color or might as well redo everything—”

“What?!” I exclaimed as I immediately grab the phone from her. “No need umma—”

“But Dara—”

“Aniyo. This will do.” I said. “Let’s keep it this way arasso? No need for another renovation or what.”

“Are you sure?”

“Neh Umma. I’m sure.”

“Arasso… Arasso.”

 

*BEEP*

 

From: Jiyong

Noona, I’ll pick you up at 6pm tomorrow arasso? So that you still have plenty of time to rest. I know you’re tired from the retreat. See you!

 

“Ohh~~ Is that Jiyong?” Umma asked as she wiggle her eyebrows.

“D-deh…”

“What did he say?”

“Erm… Uh… He told me that he’s gonna pick me up tomorrow at 6pm—”

“Y-you’re going on a dinner date?!” my mom excitedly asked.

“D-deh—”

“KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!” She squealed.

 

What the??

 

“Omo omo. We need to shop for your clothes! Omo omo.” She eagerly said like a teenager as she grasp both of my hands..

“Umma… there’s a bunch of clothes in the closet—”

“Are you kidding me Dara? Those are old already—”

“What?!—”

“I bought all of those 3 weeks ago. It’s old already.” She casually said.

“Are.you.kidding.me?”

 

~*~

 

So that’s what happened.

 

And the result?

 

A freshly scrubbed skin, overly treated hair, manicured and pedicured nails, with a pair of ballet flats that-costs-too-much-than- it-looks-like, a too-cute-for-me dress and a satchel bag on the side.

 

“Umma… Can I just wear my jeans—” I said for the nth time.

“Aniyo. Dara.” She said as she dust off my dress. “You look absolutely beautiful in this dress!” and tap my cheeks. “And~ It’s your first date. You must wear something like this.”

“But… I-I’m not comfortable wearing dress—”

“You must suffer to look good.” Suffer too look good? That doesn’t make any sense.

 

I was about to retort more when we heard the echoing of the doorbell.

 

“Oh. That must be him! C’mon and let’s meet your date Dara.”

 

 

JIYONG’S POV

 

As soon as I enter their house, I felt more out of place.

 

Their place is so huge! It’s even bigger than hyung’s house – which I thought is the biggest already.

 

Well honestly, since the time I reached Pyeongchang-dong – I’ve been fighting with my mind if I should go back home and change my clothes.

 

I look so casual standing here.

 

THEY’RE SO RICH.

 

“Jiyong-ah~” I heard Dara’s Mom called as soon as she reached me.

 

I immediately bowed and greeted her—

 

But as soon as I laid my eyes on the girl behind her…

 

I thought I pass out.

 

But no, my mind didn’t go black. This one is different.

 

It's too bright.

 

I felt I pass out while looking at what is in front of me.

There's too much of light.

 

I thought the sun turned a little too bright.

 

I saw an angel.

 

“D-Dara…” I called when I finally found my voice as I continued to stare at the beauty in front of me.

 

Heck. I know Dara is pretty… but now, I realized how beautiful she really is.

Beautiful isn’t enough to describe her.

The word beautiful doesn't give enough justice with this view.

 

She’s a goddess.

 

“I—I told you Umma...” she started. “I should change… This isn’t fit for me—” she’s about to turn her way when I immediately step in and grab her hand.

“A-aniyo…” I stammered – still mesmerized with her bea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter