Happens

Meet Me Halfway (Season 1)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Still hanging there? ;)

 

Well... would you look at that? Another update for you my dear :3

Don't forget to participate in the poll, the ending is in your hands :3

~*~

Chapter 38 - Happens

 

AUTHOR’S POV 

 

“ THIS. MY GIRLFRIEND IS INSIDE. YOU BETTER LET ME IN!” Jiyong furiously yelled to the firemen who are guarding the stairs of the building.

“You have to calm down sir. My members are already inside the premises – they will contact us as soon as they can—”

“A FREAKING 5 MINUTES HAD ALREADY PASSED! AND YOU’RE TELLING ME TO CALM DOWN?! WHAT IF SOMETHING BAD HAPPENED TO HER HUH?! CAN YOU DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT?! THAT LAB IS ING BURNING AND YOU’RE TELLING ME TO CALM DOWN?!” Jiyong continue to bark at the firemen while Bom tries her best to pull him off, on the other hand the other students are all staring at the commotion with shock written on their faces.

 

Even the teachers didn’t budge to calm or reprimand Jiyong with his behaviour. They just stayed in one corner and watch Jiyong with the same expression. Of course, who wouldn’t be shock? It was the first time they see Mr. President acting like this. The firm, collected and always calm President Kwon Jiyong is now gone, the guy in front of them is deadly furious that no one dare to come near him.

 

He continued to roar at the firemen in front of the whole batch, in front of the whole school. He doesn’t care of what the others will think of him, he doesn’t even care of the possible consequences of his actions. He’s worried. He’s lethally worried for his girlfriend.

 

“What’s happening here Noona?” Seungri asked Bom worriedly as soon as he reached their side.

“Seungri-ah… Jiyong is getting out of control. Help him.” The girl trembled – she’s also scared of the current happening. Heck, her best friend is inside the burning building while her best friend’s boyfriend is creating such acts that doesn’t help the situation at all.

 

As soon as the words left Bom’s mouth, Daesung & Seunghyun immediately rush towards Jiyong. Seunghyun grabbed him off the fireman while Daesung hold both side of his head as he try to calm the raging dragon.

 

“LET ME GO. THIS. I SAID LET ME GO—”

 

 

 

“HYUNG!” Daesung furiously yelled on his face making Jiyong stop struggling from their hold.

 

Daesung’s voice echoed across the school grounds making everyone quiet and surprised by his booming voice.

 

When the guy saw that his friend already stopped, he immediately let go of his head and tap his arms. “You need to calm down hyung.” He said - but softly now.

“D—Dae… B—but— Dara… D—Dara… s—she’s…” Jiyong trembled on his spot. Much to everyone’s surprise, the raging dragon is now gone and in a snap Jiyong turned completely fragile. He looks devastated… terrified…

 

Everything except fine.

 

“She’s going to be okay. Don’t worry.” Dae tried to reassured him.

“Dae… S—she’s… Dara… Dara… . If s—something happened to her. … I don’t know Dae… I’m gonna lose it…”

“Everything will be okay Hyung. Don’t worry.” Daesung continued to assured him as he continue to pat his shoulder.

 

 

 

When Seunghyun is assured that Jiyong won’t create anymore ruckus, he immediately let go of him and walk towards the firemen. By the look on Seunghyun’s face, Bom knows that he’s also worried for Dara – heck, he might be even more worried than Jiyong. But she could obviously see that he’s trying his best to be as calm as possible.

 

She knows him well after all.

 

“You better get her out. Now.” Seunghyun steadfastly said. Emphasizing each word he spat as he look straight to the eyes of the firemen – who immediately get daunted by his stares. “Tell your members to do their ing job fast or I’ll kick your sorry out of your job.”

“You little—” The other fireman is about to retort towards Seunghyun – because of his rudeness but he immediately cut them off.

“Do you have any idea who’s inside that burning building?” Seunghyun glared as he dangerously step forward to the retorting fireman – who reluctantly stepped back. “Well I guess not.”

 

“Well… let me enlighten you.” He continued to daunt the poor guy. “That young lady inside that burning building is my cousin, who happens to be the only daughter of the owner of all of your ing fire trucks.”

“W—what is this kid blab—”

“Or you want me to call… hang on a sec. Your manager is Mr. Song right?” Seunghyun continued to mock as he brought his phone out.

 

“Hyung.” Seungri worriedly called as he step forward – trying to calm the older guy. “Stop this. This won’t do any help.” He said as he shook his head. Knowing this guy, he knows that he’ll just act unreasonably – it won’t do any help and will just add another trouble.

“ off Lee Seunghyun.” Hearing that warning from the older guy, the maknae immediately step back as he click his tongue.

 

“Here he goes again.” Seungri mumbles when he went back to the safe side.

 

Everyone watch Seunghyun while he keyed in on his phone then press it to his ears. “Mr. Song…” they heard him say. “Deh, this is Choi Seunghyun… Deh, my cousin is stuck inside the burning building of our school… Deh… Your personnel haven’t got her out yet… Which cousin you say?... The daughter of Mr. Kim Chung… Yeah… Alright.”

 

 

In just a minute or two after he hung up, the students of Darien immediately overhear another round of blaring sirens from the streets outside their school.

 

And true enough, countless number of fire trucks started to crowd the school grounds. New batch of firemen are running towards the building - as if they’re in a war fighting for their lives. Not just fire trucks, but there are also sheriff cars coming inside the school as they immediately went to their respective positions – as if they’re in some kind of a kidnapping scene. And last but not the least, a huge ambulance with its own intense siren went inside the premises.

 

In other words, it went even more chaotic than earlier.

 

Everyone is too stunned of what’s happening around the school. Even the firemen who’s guarding the stairs is watching everything with their wide eyes and mouths hanging open.

 

Not long after the horde of firemen went inside the burning building, a rough voice echoes across the radios from each fireman on duty.

 

 

 

“We got the girl. I repeat. We got the girl.”

 

 

 

The new comers instantly cheered in happiness as if a new pope was proclaimed.

 

“Now.” Seunghyun started as he walk towards the fireman from a while ago. “You better say goodbye to your ing job.”

 

“You’re fired.”

 

 

~*~

 

 

 

“I’m going to kill that person. Whoever he is.” Seungri break the silence as soon as the doctor left Dara’s room.

 

Her friends are all gathered inside the presidential suite of the nearby hospital, the doctor just left after telling them the patient’s current state and the reason why she passed out.

 

Unlike to what they are all expecting to hear - that she passed out due to the smoke she inhaled from the burning lab.

What the doctor just told them made them extremely shocked.

 

Flashback…

 

“Dara. Dara.” Jiyong called anxiously as they all run towards the parked ambulance.

 

As soon as the firemen got Dara out of the building, she was immediately rush inside the ambulance. The paramedics are all alarmed when they see her state.

 

She’s all red. There are red spots all over her body, her face, her entire skin is almost red and her lips are really swollen.

 

“W—what happened to N—noona?” Seungri nervously asked when they settled inside the ambulance “is… s—she b-burned?”

 

But no one dare to answer, the paramedics are all occupied assisting Dara while her other friends just went quiet as they all look at their unconscious friend.

 

Without wasting any second, the ambulance started to move its way. Hearing the wild sirens it produce, Jiyong couldn’t hold it any longer. He started to cry terribly while holding the hand of her unconscious girlfriend - while Seungri and Daesung on the other hand tried their best to calm him down.

 

 

“Where is Seunghyun-hyung?” Daesung asked.

“He stayed in the school, he told me that he need to check on something. He’ll call us as soon as possible.” Seungri answered while tapping the shoulder of the wailing Jiyong.

 

Daesung noticed the motionless Bom on the corner – who just continued to stare at Dara.

 

“Noona…” he called. “Kinchana?”

“Hhhmmm… D—deh.” Bom startled.

“Don’t worry too much. Everything is going to okay.” Daesung assured the older girl – trying to lighten up the atmosphere.

 

“S—she’s is not burned right?” Bom asked to the paramedic on her side. The paramedic was startled with her question but she chose to shook her head.

“We’re not yet sure. We still need to check her at the hospital and do series of test.”

 

But Bom know enough.

She's her best friend after all.

 

“I’ve seen here like this already…” Bom stated sadly.

 

“She’s in the same state when we we’re in grade school…”

 

Hearing what she said, Jiyong snapped his head and look at her.

 

 

“What do you mean?”

“She was in the same state before, when we went fishing that summer…” Bom said while remembering the vacation they had when they we're younger. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“She’s not burned… These are all allergy rashes.”

 

As soon as Jiyong heard the word allergy, his thoughts immediately went to the text he received earlier.

    From: Dara   Thanks for the food Jiyongie! You don’t know how hungry I am. =3        

Food?

 

But he didnt give her anything.

 

End of Flashback

 

 

The doctor told them that her body collapsed due to too much intake of shellfish, the doctor even asked them if the patient is aware of her allergy.

 

OF COURSE SHE IS. Since their first meeting they’re all aware of Dara’s allergy to seafood.

 

“ THIS. I’m really mad!” Bom furiously said. Her anger increased more when she read the text that Jiyong showed them. It was from Dara, she thanked him for the food he brought for her – which turns out to be not from him at all.

 

“This is getting out of hand.” Daesung muttered.

“OF COURSE IT IS! IT ALMOST KILLED HER FOR PETE'S SAKE!” Bom shouted only to be reprimanded by Jiyong.

“Don’t be so loud Noona. You might wake her up.” Jiyong said without leaving his gaze from Dara.

 

 

As soon as the firemen got her out, Jiyong didn’t leave her side at all - from the school, to the ambulance, until here. He didn’t let go of Dara’s hand.

 

He's scared.

He's beyond scared of what happened and what might happento his lover. 

 

Thousand of thoughts run through his head when he learned that Dara is inside the burning building.

 

He had the hard time to breathe and to gather his thoughts, he was lost.

 

He was beyond lost.

 

He couldn’t even comprehend anything.

 

All he knew is that he wants Dara safe.

 

Thinking that something bad might happen to her – although he doesn’t want to think of it, he couldn’t. HE WAS DEAD PARANOID.

 

He knows it’s crazy to think of it, but he’ll die if something bad happen to Dara.

He can’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter