But the world was catching up, and fast

Meet Me Halfway (Season 1)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I'm so in the mood today KYAAH~~

80 subscribers equals 2 chapters in a row people~

LET'S PARTAYYY~~

 

Chapter 25 - But the world was catching up, and fast

 

TOP’S POV

 

2nd Day of Sport’s Fest

 

“Hyung... I know it’s just a lie...” Daesung said like a punch in my face before he make a gulp on his energy drink. But I didn’t say anything. I just continue to stare at the students doing their free play on the school grounds.

 

“You lied to us hyung...” he continued.

“Who told you?” I asked disregarding whatever he just said.

“It doesn’t matter.” He said. “But hyung... Stop this nonsense, this is wrong—”

 

Argh. I don’t wanna hear any of these. I had enough of it yesterday.

 

“I’m leaving—” I said and was about to turn away but he stop me.

“Don’t be selfish Hyung!” he snapped as he grab my arm to face him. “You know he likes her! You know how they feel about each other! But, what are you doing? You’re just hurting the two of them!” he exclaimed.

 

I was stun hearing Daesung snap at me. This is the first time that I saw this side of him.

 

Even before, when they caught So Hyun and I in the concert’s parking area he didn’t say anything to me, he didn’t even shout at me at all.

 

But now, here he is...

 

He’s furiously mad at me.

 

For a minute, I felt guilt, I was lost of words to tell him.

 

“Daesung... I like Dara first... I like her first—” I tried to reason out.

“I know Hyung... I know.” He said as he drop my arm. “But what did you do?... Dara-noona gave you the chance to prove yourself...” He sighed. “But what did you do?”

“D—Dae... you know its not like that... You know me. You know how my past relationships are. It wasn’t counted—”

 

“OF COURSE ITS ING COUNTED.” He yelled.

 

I don’t know why... but seeing Daesung like this, it made me scared.

 

He’s furious.

 

We both went silent for a while, I think both of us are shock of what just happened.

 

Then I heard him sigh.

 

“Mianhe Hyung... Mianhe...” he murmured weakly. “But for Pete’s sake hyung... Have you seen his face whenever he looks at noona?”

 

“Whenever he looks at the two of you?”

 

Then it hit me.

 

“You know hyung... I even scolded him before, I told him to stop bothering the two of you co’z I thought that he was indeed bothering the two of you—”

“Yes. He’s bothering us.”

“But there’s no us in Dara and you, hyung...”

 

Damn.

I know...

 

He’s damn right.

 

There’s no us.

 

“I know... Mianhe Dae...” I said as I turn my back to him.

 

 

“But I’m still hoping”

 

DARA’S POV

 

3rd Day of Sport’s Fest

 

“Seunghyun... I told you for the nth time, I’m fine okay. You sound like an Appa already.” I said in a matter of fact way.

 

Though yeah I don’t have an appa. But aish, I know he’s worried and all but he doesn’t stop asking me if I’m okay or not, If my leg feels weird or my head is starting to throb. Aish. He’s annoying the hell out of me.

 

“Dara—” he warned when I try to brush off his hand as he try to help me get off his car.

“Seunghyun.” I sternly said and rolled my eyes. “I know you’re just concern but I can handle myself arasso?”

“Keep it.” He said as he slowly held my arms and guide me towards my apartment’s gate. “Starting tomorrow, I’m going to pick you up—”

“WHAT?!!”

“I’ll pick you up and drop you off everyday.” He firmly said.

“Seunghyun, the school is just few minutes away from here—” I tried to reason out but he immediately cut me off.

“Wae? Don’t tell me you’re planning to walk everyday to school with this?” He snapped and point at my crutch.

“But I can manage—”

“Oh shut it Dara. I’m going to pick you up to school & drop you home starting tomorrow. End of conversation.” He sternly said. “And don’t even think about escaping me”

 

After 10 years, we finally reach my apartment’s door. HUL. I FEEL USELESS BECAUSE OF THIS CRUTCH.

 

And hell, its draining my energy~ I’m hungry already.

 

I was about to tap my password to my door lock when Seunghyun beat me to it and immediately held my arm to guide me inside my apartment.

 

“Seunghyun—”

“Dara don’t even bother.” He said as he close the door and guide me towards the sofa. “I’ll do this until you could walk properly.” He explained as he carefully drop me to the sofa. “And also, I’m doing this not just for you.”

“Tch. Such a drama queen. Fine fine.” I surrendered.

 

When I’m finally settled on the couch and Seunghyun place my crutch on my side. I already asked him to go home. “Go home now Seunghyun... I know you’re tired because of the Sport’s Fest. You should go home and get some rest.” I said.

“Are you okay here? I mean alone—”

“Seunghyun~ I’ve been alone since forever.” I kidded. “Don’t tell me you’ll stay here and keep a watch on me all day. I’m so gonna kick you out—”

“Fine fine. Just give me a call or SMS if you need anything or if there’s a problem—”

“Arasso Arasso—”

“Tch. Fine I’ll leave now.” He said as he started walking towards the door. “Don’t forget to put your ointment on time arasso? Call me if you need something. Don’t move around or play—”

“Deh deh. Go home now shoo shoo.”

“YAH! You’re so sweet you know?”

“I know.” I smirked.

 

When he open my door and turn his head towards me, I already know that he won’t stop with his Appa reminders—

 

“Deh deh. I know I know. Bye!!!!” I sarcastically said to him even before he could utter a word.

“Aish. You brat.” He muttered. “Be careful arasso? Saranghae~~” he waved and left.

 

Aish. This idiot really.

 

After a few minutes of rest, I stood up from my couch and was about to walk towards my room to change my clothes— When I hear my door bell ring.

 

*DOOR BELL*

 

Tch. Really. Seunghyun? Can he not? He’s sooo annoying!

 

“Yah!! What the hell Seunghyun? I told you already, I’m gonna be just fine—” I exclaimed as I open the door.

 

But it wasn’t Seunghyun.

 

 

 

 

 

“Dara-ah...”

 

 

 

 

.

 

JIYONG’S POV

 

“Yah!! What the hell Seunghyun? I told you already, I’m gonna be just fine—”

“Dara-ah...”

 

When she saw me, her eyes immediately went wide. Of course, I know that she’s not really expecting me to be here.

 

And knowing that she's already expecting hyung... breaks my heart

 

 

“W—what are you doing here?” she asked – obviously shock.

“Have you eaten yet?” I asked not answering her question.

“Err... I’ll just go grab something outside—”

“With that?” I said as I point at her crutch.

 

Then she pouted. Aish this cute little brat.

 

I just smiled at her.

 

“I brought some grilled chicken. Umma told me to get this for you, we had a mini bbq party at home.” I explain as I raised the plastic bag on my right hand. “I also bough

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter