Heartless

Meet Me Halfway (Season 1)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I know you guys gained one hell of a migraine from the previous chapter and teaser. heehee ;)

So... Let me lessen it a bit.

Read this chapter very carefully - Co'z I tell you my dear...

THIS IS INFORMATION OVERLOAD *evil laugh 

Hopefully you'll get the answers to your questions since the beginning. I tired to include everything here!

ALSO, I hope you will love this update. Heck, it's 6K plus words for Pete's sake. HAHAHAHAHA.

Anywaaaaay, let me know what you think of this Chapter - leave some comments juseyo :3

 

Chapter 39 - Heartless

JIYONG’S POV

 

“Dara-ah~” I called as I continuously knock on her bedroom door. “Open the door. You’ve been inside since this morning, c’mon Dara-ah you need to eat something…”

 

I’ve been knocking on her door for almost half an hour now but there’s no use, she’s still not opening it.

 

I heard Ommonim sigh heavily as he pats my shoulder. “I’m worried for her Jiyong…”

 

After I heard from Bom what happened, I immediately dashed to Dara’s house as soon as our class dismissed. Believe me, if I could just cut my classes that time – I already did.

 

But I couldn’t just take the risk. I’m a graduating student and I’m hella sure that Dara won’t be happy if I do that.

 

“Dara…” I continued to knock, though my knuckles are starting to get numb. “We’re getting worried here… C’mon. Open this up.” I said.

 

We continued to wait… and waited but to no avail – she didn’t open or even give us any response.

 

“Let’s try again later Jiyong.” Ommonim sadly said as she gently taps my shoulder.

“But—”

“She still needs more time. Lets just let her for a while and she’ll open it up later for sure.”

 

Dara…

Who’s so heartless to do this to you?

 

 

~*~

 

 

“This is getting out of hand. I don’t know what my daughter did to experience such things like this.” Ommonim said after he sips from her tea. “She just got back from the accident, for goodness’ sake it’s just a week since it happened.”

 

“Mianhe Ommonim…” was all I could say to her.

 

I feel ashamed and couldn’t help but to blame myself, this is the first time that I saw Ommonim this mad.

 

“You don’t have to apologize Jiyong. You didn’t do anything wrong, none of it was your fault.” She sighed.

“Aniyo Ommonim… I’m her boyfriend, I shouldn’t let these things happened to her—”

“Jiyong…” she called as she place her hand on top of mine. “Whatever my son told you last week, don’t let it get into your heart.” She comforted. “He’s just tactless sometimes.”

 

 

Aren’t you supposed to take care of her?

 

Then what is she doing here? Lying on this bed and ing unconscious?!

 

 

Those words didn’t leave my mind – it keeps on bugging the hell out of me as if eating me alive.

 

I know, I know. All the things he said are true.

 

I wasn’t able to protect her from all of these.

 

I’m her boyfriend, but… Did I do my very best to protect her?

 

No.

 

.

 

I’m a useless boyfriend.

 

 

“I’ll try to talk to her teacher again tomorrow Ommonim, don’t worry I’ll do my best.” I said

“Thanks Jiyong.” She smiled. “I know very well that she worked hard for it. I’ve seen her working on it the entire week even if I already asked her to just take a rest. She’s been exerting a lot of efforts on her studies lately.”

“Deh Ommonim. She worked really hard… that’s why it’s hard for me to see her like this. She doesn’t deserve this.” I hissed as my hand form into a fist.

 

.

 

Dara doesn’t deserve this.

She doesn’t deserve this.

 

 

We we’re silent for a while as I try to contemplate whether I should ask Dara’s mom about it or not.

 

But... I have no choice.

I must do every possible thing I can to make everything okay for her.

 

 

“Ommonim…” I called as I fidget on my tea-cup.

“Yes Jiyong?”

“Mianhe Ommonim… I know this is embarrassing… But maybe, if I wouldn’t be able to persuade her teacher… M—maybe you could… Uh… try to talk to her teacher—”

“I already thought about that Jiyong…” she smiled faintly. “But you see, as soon as Dara arrived home a while ago. She clearly told me that I shouldn’t do anything for her sake - that I should let her handle things by herself.”

 

“I was clueless at first but when you told me what happened, now I understand.” She explained. “Even if I want to get involved in this, I’ll just wait and observe for a while. I’ll let her handle this first and if things get  really out of hand – I’ll surely take action on it. I won’t let anything bad happened to my daughter.”

 

I could see pain in her eyes but she try to reassure me with her small smiles. “The time that I finally got to meet her during your retreat, I immediately perceive that even though she acts like a kid sometimes, she’s independent and mature like an adult as well.”

 

“Knowing the number of years that she spent living by herself – that she was all alone. I understand that there are times that she wants to be unaided. She wants to do things that concerns her – by herself, she doesn’t want to be a bother to others – even though it wasn’t really a bother at all.”

 

“Yes. She’s certainly like that Ommonim.” I said with a small smile.

 

And that’s one of the things I love about her.

 

 

“She doesn’t even want other people to know the current status of her life now.” She said as she laugh a little. “Did you know how much she persuades me just to let her ride the public bus going to school? How many times she escape and hide from Mr. Lee?”

 

“Aigoo… Really that kid is one of a kind.” she said with a smile.

“Yeah… she’s certainly is.”

 

 

 

SEUNGRI’S POV

 

“This is getting crazier as it gets. Indeed. Just crazy!” Bom-noona continued to mutter as she walk back and forth on my house’s living room.

“Calm down noona. I’m getting dizzy because of you.” Dae-hyung said while he massaged his temples.

“Chincha. I really don’t know what else to do. How can these things happen to my Dara?” she angrily said as she slumped to the sofa. “Can you guys do something? I mean… what else could we possibly do?—“

“I honestly don’t know noona.” I sighed as I laid my back and close my eyes.

 

This is stressing the hell out of us and we still don’t have a clue on what to do next.

 

“Seungri and I already talk to Ms Im.” Daesung said as he grabbed the soda on his right. “Even Jiyong-hyung tried already but no avail – she doesn’t want to give Dara another chance. She told us that it was unfair for the others who passed it on time.”

“BUT DARA WORKED ON HER PAPER. COULDN’T SHE UNDERSTAND THAT SOMEONE STOLE IT?!” Noona exclaimed.

“We told her the same thing.” I sighed. “I even told her that Dara just got back from the accident – since she seems not aware of it due to her absence the past week.”

“But she told us coldly that we shouldn’t use it as an excuse.” Hyung added. “Chincha. That teacher is heartless I tell you.”

 

Maybe noticing that there are only the three of us, noona stood up from her seat and ask: “Where the hell is Seunghyun?”

 

I just look at Daesung who also glance at me and we both shook our head.

 

“I don’t know noona.” I said. “Honestly he’s MIA since the accident. Everytime I asked him where he is, he just told me that he’s busy with something.”

“AISH CHINCHA.” Noona sighed exasperatedly. “OTTOKE? WHAT SHOULD WE DO NOW?!”

 

 

SEUNGHYUN’S POV

 

“This better be good cous” I sarcastically said as I sit on her flat’s sofa.

 

I was actually in the Police Station a while ago but this great cousin of mine suddenly called and yelled the hell out of me.

 

*beep*

 

“Can you stop with that tone of yours? You talked to me like I’m the one at fault.” She hissed before seating on the other side of her sofa.

“I’m not in the mood so this should be good.” I utter while checking the SMS I got.

 

From: Bom

WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?! EVERYTHING IS GETTING CRAZIER AND YOU’RE MIA! I’M GOING TO STRANGLE THE HELL OUT OF YOU IF I SEE YOU CHOI SEUNGHYUN. CALL ME AS SOON AS YOU CAN, I NEED UPDATES ASAP!!!

 

Aish. Chincha.

This girl is annoying the hell out of me.

She’s worrying like a grandma.

 

To: Bom

K.

 

I was about to pocket my phone when it beeped again.

 

From: Bom

WHAT THE HELL CHOI SEUNGHYUN??? I SENT YOU A LONG TEXT MSG AND YOU’RE JUST GOING TO REPLY WITH A “K”??? ARE YOU FOR REAL?????

 

The f?

What is wrong with this girl?!

Chincha.

 

AND WHY THE HELL SHE’S IN ALL CAPS—

 

 

“YAH! TOP!” I heard someone shout – it’s Sohee.

“What?”

“I knew it.” She hissed before clicking her tongue. “You’re not listening to me you .” She glared.

“Yada yada da. What is it?” I mumbled irriatedly.

“I was telling that you’re right.” She said as I saw her grabbing something on her side. “It’s her.”

 

Tsk. I knew it.

 

Why am I not even surprised?

 

“Of course I’m right.” I said while crossing my arms. “I was never wrong cous.”

 

 

AUTHOR’S POV

*The ff Flashback happened right after the accident or during the week that Dara was absent.

 

Flashback…

 

All the suspected individuals involved in the accident were invited to the Police Station for some interrogation.

 

As if they’re in some kind of action movie, two police officers are guarding the interrogation room – one is guarding inside and one is outside just beside the door. Both police officers were thinking the same thing why the hell do we have to guard this room like an idiot? Is the case that immense? Then why the heck are those suspects in their freaking high school uniforms?

Nonetheless, they were asked by the chief police officer to guard it – they had no choice anyway.

 

And inside the interrogation room is a much weirder scene. The chief police officer is personally handling the case with the help of their head inspector – yeah right, as if they’re really in a movie. Aside from the two, there are two high school students still on their school uniform.

The girl student is already trembling on her seat, she keeps on biting her nails – her habit everytime she’s nervous, while the guy student just stood beside the inspector motionless – as he continue to stare to the girl in front of them. He’s looking at the girl as if she’s already proven guilty - as if he’s also an inspector at the first place.

 

“Mr. Choi Seunghyun” The inspector called the guy student nervously. Clearly knowing which family this guy belongs – heck he doesn’t want to get fired like what happened to the fireman yesterday. “Uhm… It’s okay, you don’t have to be bothered… We can handle it from here.” he stated very carefully – he knows that he’s the inspector but he also knows that by just a snap of finger from this younger guy beside him – he’ll say bye bye to his license.

“We could assure you that we will do our best—” he tried to reason out, trying his best not to sound rude to the younger guy. Why the heck do I have to be respectful towards him? He’s younger than me for Pete’s sake. He thought – but he was immediately cut off by the younger guy.

 

“It’s okay inspector Yoon.” Seunghyun stated – not removing his gaze from the girl in front of him. “Just do your job, I’ll just observe from here.”

“D—deh…” the inspector said before flipping the papers in front of him that says:

 

 

SEOUL POLICE STATION

Case: Fire at Darien High School

Locaton: Darien High School, Seoul

Suspect Name: Casey Jung – Science Club President

 

 

With all the possible useful information for the case they're currently handling.

 

After reviewing the information on hand, the inspector waste no time and immediately started the interrogation to the first possible suspect.

 

“I see that you’re the last person with Ms. Park before the accident.” The inspector stated while eyeing the nervous student in front of him carefully. “Can you tell me what exactly happened before the burning of the Laboratory A in Darien and where we’re you around the same time of the accident?” he added while noting the facial expression of the nervous student.

“I—I… I swear it wasn’t me.” Casey immediately stated. “Yes, I was with Dara before the accident but it wasn’t me.”

“Can you elaborate Ms. Jung?”

“That time, our Physics’ teacher Mr. Gwo gave us our Physics’ time to work on our graduation requirements. But since we had a lot of things to do in the laboratory, I asked Dara if we could just use that time working on the previous mixture we’re trying to formulate the other day—”

“Why is Ms. Park helping you?”

“She asked Mr. Gwo for a special project since she needs extra points on Physics.”

“Okay, you may continue Ms. Jung.”

“Mr. Gwo went out for a while when one of my classmates approached me as I ready myself to leave. She told me that Mr. Gwo wants me to pick up a lab instrument from Lab C. She said the Mr. Gwo needs it in Lab A—”

“Classmate?? Who is this classmate of yours Ms. Jung?”

 

As soon as the name reached Seunghyun’s ears – his brows immediately twitch.

 

Bwo?! Why is her name dropped here?

 

“So you’re saying that this classmate of yours told you that Mr. Gwo requested you to pick up the lab instrument?” The inspector asked while jotting on his small notebook on hand.

“D—deh.”

“Why didn’t Mr. Gwo asked you personally instead?”

“I don’t know.” Casey shook her head. “But he has the habit to boss around class. He will always ask someone to tell something to someone. He’s always like that.”

“I see…” The inspector murmured. “Chief. I guess I need to meet this Mr. Gwo afterwards.”

“Okay. I’ll contact him right away.” The chief said before going out of the room.

 

When the Chief Police Officer is out of sight, the inspector continue his interrogation.

 

“What happened after that Ms. Jung?”

“Dara and I walk outside our class but I left her in the lockers’ hallway since I need to head towards Lab C – which is in the other building.”

“Continue.”

“When I got inside the Lab, I started looking for the instrument I needed… But it was nowhere to be found, I spent around 20 minutes looking for it before the fire alarmed—”

“Hold on Ms. Jung.” The inspector said while massaging his temples. “So you we’re saying that the instrument is not there?”

 

As the interrogation goes on, Seunghyun is getting more confused than ever. They just started the investigation but a lot of unexpected names are already getting involved.

 

Damn this. This is getting more complicated as it goes. He thought.

 

“Yes.” Casey nodded. “Actually, when I thought about it now… Lab C is the General Science Lab for the first year students, there’s no way they will secure the instrument inside.”

“What is the instrument you we’re asked to look for Ms. Jung?”

“Digital Microscope.” She stated. “It’s mostly use in magnifying specimen – which is usually done in Chemistry subject.”

“Then why are you asked to look for it in Lab C?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter