Chapter 65

Forever

 

 

Jessica’s Pregnancy Calendar – Week 30

 

The pregnant woman heaves out a sigh as she shifts around in bed to find a better position. Jessica groans in discomfort as she sits up gingerly. After propping herself comfortably against the bed frame, she placed her hands on her belly. Week thirty. Jessica’s body is changing rapidly and her tummy has grown a lot. Lately, she has been feeling extreme discomfort. Her belly has been the cause of such unpleasant feelings. Jessica was forced to be bedridden most of the time because she couldn’t get used to her loose joints and shift of balance.

 

Ten more weeks until little blip comes into this world. She’s almost ready to give birth.

 

Lately, Jessica has felt most of blip’s movements. Donghae had told her that there’s less room in the womb since the little peanut is growing at such a rapid rate, so she should be feeling just about every movement. The mother was instructed to keep talking to her belly, as the baby should be aware of sound, light and touch now.

 

Jessica pulled herself out of bed and made her way slowly into the closest guest room. Her hand caressed her belly and she examined the room that she and Kris had started to clean out yesterday. “Blip, this is going to be your room when you come out,” she smiled. “Mommy is going to decorate it as soon as your daddy moves everything out.”

 

Suddenly, Jessica’s smile dropped. How was she going to decorate the room when she has nothing that would go in it? The mother scrunched up her face. She and Kris had absolutely forgotten about the crib and changing table. In fact, they weren’t quite prepared to have little blip to come out yet. Jessica and Kris were too caught up trying to do most things that they weren’t able to before blip comes out that they had pushed aside the necessities for their child.

 

Jessica rushed to pull out her laptop before she settled into Kris’ office several doors down. She had some shopping to do before Kris came back from work. Talk about being unprepared.

 


 

 

Kris shut the front door behind him. He let out a sigh of relief when he shuffled out of his shoes. It was good to be home after a long day of work. He didn’t have any time to wonder or search for his wife, as she called out to him first.

 

“Kris! Baby room. Now.” Jessica’s voice could be heard through the hallways.

 

The husband hums before trekking his way towards the destination. Before he could even greet his wife, his eyes widened and his lips settled into a line. Kris looked up to lock eyes with his wife. He leaned against the doorframe, crossed his arms and gave her a playful smile.

 

“So what’s going on here, babe?” Kris tried his best from chuckling.

 

His wife was still in her pajamas and had her hair tied up in a messy bun. She blew the stray hairs away from her face as one arm leaned on a dresser and the other arm placed on her back for support. She seemed to have had a productive day.

 

Jessica only grinned. “I’ve planned baby blip’s room.” She heaved out in accomplishment.

 

“With large boxes?” Kris smiled, never losing the loving gaze from his eyes.

 

Jessica held up an index finger. “Let me show you what your amazing wife did today.” She signaled him to join her in front of her laptop atop the dresser. “I’ve made a theme for room.” She scrolled through the items she bought online.

 

“That’s wonderful, Jess,” Kris spoke after watching her excitedly tell him everything she had bought. “I’m assuming you had express shipping.” He turned around to face the large boxes that filled the room.

 

“Yup!” Jessica clasped her hands together. “The theme is going to be bears.” She suddenly held up stickers. “We can decorate the walls with them. It’ll be cute.”

 

Kris didn’t have a problem with Jessica taking the initiative to pick out the baby room’s furniture. He was just genuinely happy to see his wife finally directing time to something rather than sleeping all day. Her excitement made Kris chuckle in adoration. His wife was precious.

 

“I know you just got home, but could you hurry and change so we can start making the crib?” Jessica looked at him with her doe eyes, anticipation building within her.

 

The husband laughed and pulled her into his embrace. “You’re adorable, did you know that?” Kris leaned his forehead onto hers before kissing her nose. “I’ll be right back.” He started tugging on his tie and preceded to exit the room, not before catching Jessica squeal in joy.

 

Kris already knew he was going to be doing all of the work to build the changing table, the crib and even the dressers. Although, it didn’t seem to bother him. He could already see Jessica become too engrossed in the stickers. Kris stopped in his tracks as he hit an epiphany. His baby will be arriving soon. He’ll be a father very soon. He’s going to have a family in ten weeks.

 

Kris shook his head and couldn’t stop the grin on his face.

 


 

 

Jessica awoke in the middle of the night. She squirmed herself into a sitting position, holding her belly. The wife flinched as she felt a slight pain in between her legs. Jessica tried to regulate her breathing and tried to grasp what was going on. She glanced over to see Kris jostle under the duvet before reverting back to his slumber.

 

As the small pain subsided, Jessica waited a few more minutes to gather herself. That was weird. Tired and sleepy, she figured it was just her joints loosening up for the baby. Jessica shrugged off the awkward moment and proceeded to slip back under the warm duvet.

 

She felt baby blip move before the pain came back again. This time, she pulled herself back into a sitting position quickly. Jessica bit onto her lower lip, trying to bear the pain that was clenching in between her legs. Is it a cramp? She whimpered as the pain started to subside again. Jessica rubbed her belly. The pain seemed to have vanished again.

 

Jessica grabbed her phone to see that it was 4AM in the morning. She figured maybe she could start looking up symptoms of her pregnancy to see what was going on. Baby blip started to move again and Jessica took the time to look down and place her hand on the area where she saw blip moving. Someone is extra active early in the morning. She waited until the baby settled down before reverting back to her phone.

 

Just as she was scrolling through her phone, the pain came back. This time, it struck so hard that it almost knocked the wind out of Jessica. She dropped her phone and gasped in excruciating pain. It was aching. Jessica let out a painful cry and immediately grabbed onto Kris, who woke up immediately.

 

Kris took a second to internalize what was going on before he sat up and held onto his wife’s hand. “Jess, what’s happening?” he held her belly with great care.

 

Jessica could only shake her head and whimper, trying her best to handle the pain.

 

“Breathe, Jess, breathe,” Kris tried to coax her. “Are you hurt? What’s going on? Do you need me to call the hospital?” he was confused and scared at the same time.

 

“I think…” Jessica huffed out. “I think I’m having a contraction.” She cried.

 



{Author's Note}: Why not another update? Feeling pretty good about that featuring haha~ We're getting real close to seeing blip...what gender do you guys think blip is? :D