Chapter 62

Forever

Author's POV:

 

Jessica's Pregnancy Calendar — Week 20

 

Time was flying by very quickly. Before Jessica knew it, she was already twenty weeks pregnant. She just couldn't believe she's been five months pregnant. Her and Kris now only have twenty more weeks to go until the day comes and they welcome their little baby into the world. Jessica had to admit that it was pretty scary. Just another twenty more weeks. It was so surreal and surprising. Where did all the time go? They have so much to do! They're already half way through the pregnancy!

 

Baby blip has been growing healthy and well. Movements and even small prodding could be felt on her tummy when Jessica would just be sitting there. Blip has definitely become more noticed with it's movements. It was a foriegn feeling for her and she's always seen her stomach growing and having symptoms, but now that the baby has been more active, Jessica does feel more comfortable and and it makes it really feel as if Jessica does have another human being growing inside her. It makes Jessica feel as if she was bonding with her own baby. 

 

On the topic of bonding with blip, Kris has been quite saddened. For the life of him, he just never got the chance to feel his own baby kicking or moving. He's been excited of feeling blip move ever since Jessica mentioned that their baby has been kicking. But it seems that their baby has already inherited both of their playful nature. Blip has been teasing as of late, when it came to his father. Kris still has not been able to feel blip move at all during the whole twenty weeks of pregnancy. Every time Jessica mentions feeling their baby, Kris rushes over to catch a feel, but blip would always remain still when Kris was around. Their baby's reaction would never fail to make Jessica burst out giggling. Especially with a pouting Kris. 

 

At this point, the couple was trying to figure out how they were going to handle the rest of the pregnancy and it was such a relief to have both sides of parents close by for any help. Jessica and Kris had been thinking ahead for a while now. There was just many things to do before the baby comes and even more plans after the baby comes. The two of them were recieving a great amount of help from each side of parents and they were incredibly lucky to have experienced people guide them in such a life changing situation. 

 

"It looks like a swallowed a tiny watermelon." Jessica grinned playfully at her reflection as she examined her growing tummy, before she pulled down her fitted shirt. 

 

"A cute watermelon." Kris chirped, handing his wife her needed cardigan. "Your mother texted me." he fiddled with his phone, about to type up a response to his mother-in-law. "She said she wanted to see how you were doing."

 

"I'm fine." Jessica slipped on her cardigan. "We can give her a call once we come back home. I could fill her in then."

 

"No need. She invited us over for dinner." Kris smiled and gave a peck to the tip of Jessica's nose. 

 

Jessica only grinned in response and went on to prepare herself to go out. Today, the couple planned to get a little walk along with getting some shopping done. With Jessica resting most of the time, they barely ate out anymore. Hence, the need for grocery shopping has increased. 

 

"Oh, I was thinking about signing up for these classes." Jessica suddenly brought up a topic that she's been wanting to tell Kris for a while. 

 

"What classes?" Kris asked, holding her bag for her as she slipped on her shoes. 

 

Jessica opened the door and headed out with Kris right behind her. "I saw this stand with information on a pregnancy class at the hospital. I thought it'd be a good idea."

 

"A pregnancy class?" Kris questioned, getting in the car. "But you're already pregnant..." he snickered. "I don't think we need a lesson on how to get pregnant. I think I'm already experienced." The smirk on his face grew bigger.

 

Jessica rolled her eyes playfully with a little grin. "I'm sure you do." She gave him a look of amusement.

 

Kris jerked his head back before he adjusted himself to face his wife in his seat. "You think I'm lying?" he tilted his head with an arched eyebrow, feeling just as playful as she is. "You think I'm lying, don't you?"

 

The wife only shrugged her shoulders. "Does it look like I'm doubting you?" she blinked at him, impishly.

 

Kris took a second to stare back at her mischieviously. "I know that you shouldn't." He smiled. "Because your husband right here knows how make you feel good." he recieved a hum from Jessica. "And now we know the result of that." his hand carressed her tummy before he placed a loving kiss on it. 

 

"Mm," Jessica gave him a peachy expression. "I'm glad you're confident in that." she patted his cheek. "But the classes aren't for that. It teaches expecting mothers and fathers how to care for a baby. It teaches everything from the birthing to taking care of a baby. I think it'll be a learning experience. We can learn about how to care for blip." She smiled brightly, really wanting to take the class.

 

"...That does sound important." Kris agreed with her. "It's better than asking my mom all the time."

 

Jessica nodded her head. "I didn't want to have blip be here already and I still don't know anything about how to care for our baby. I know that our parents will be here to help us, but I want to be able to do this myself too. Help would be nice, but I want to be able to take care of my own child by myself...and with you, of course." she didn't want to leave Kris out of it either, knowing how much he's been looking forward to just see and feel blip move. "I don't want to feel too in the dark or useless."

 

"I already know you're going to be the best mother, but if it makes you feel better that we go to the classes, then I'm all for it. It'll be great for me as well to learn the basics along with everything else. I'm sure it'll be insightful and well worth it. If it makes us better parents for blip, you know I'm more than okay for it." Kris gave her a kiss.

 

"Then I'll sign up for those classes." Jessica smiled. "They're every Sunday, so it works out perfectly with your working schedule." She already made sure those classes would work well with their schedule. 

 

Kris grinned before he started the car. "Of course you would have everything planned already." He figured that his wife would always be prepared and all she had to do was just ask him, which was something he always liked about her. "...What's that?" he saw that Jessica's phone lit up from receiving a text, but didn't get a chance to catch the name before Jessica took the phone in hand. 

 

"Just a text." Jessica replied nonchalantly as she was busy typing up a response. The way his wife responded to him made him slightly curious and suspicious, but the tone of her casual voice told him otherwise. Kris decided to shrug it off. Maybe Jessica was acting up from her hormones again.

 

Arriving at the mart, Jessica guided the way as usual while Kris followed behind her with a cart. As per usual, Kris would just watch his wife do her thing and examine the groceries before placing them in the cart. Jessica would always have a blank yet chic look as she did so. The way she would stand there as she glances or stares at an item in front of her made it seem as if she was just taken out of a magazine, even if she was just contemplating whether or not she should purchase an item. Kris knew that it was such a cliché way of describing his wife, but he couldn't help it. Why did his wife have to look perfect no matter what she did or what she looked like? If anything, Kris thought Jessica looks amazing during pregnancy. But then again, Kris does think Jessica is the most beautiful regardless.

 

As Kris continued to watch her, he noticed something different about her expression when they stopped at the refrigerated section. Jessica's usual cool expression looked rather saddened and down. Kris glanced over at where her eyesight was set, wondering what caused her to look to differ from normality. Not finding anything strange at the selections in front, Kris reverted back to his wife to see that she was biting down onto her lip, looking as if she was trying to compose herself.

 

"Jess..." Kris barely garnered her attention. He ended up walking up to her, wrapping an arm around her waist. "Are you okay? What's wrong?"

 

Jessica glanced at him before sighing out a shaky breath. "Nothing..." she whined out with a frown. "There's just no banana milk." She took in a deep breath as if to calm herself down.

 

Kris blinked at her before he looked up to notice that there really was a small empty section, realizing that the banana milk really was missing. Being extra cautious, Kris only stayed silent and let Jessica feel what she was feeling. If anything, he didn't want to provoke his hormonal wife at the moment. He wasn't going to say anything and let her go through it. He didn't want to get murdered either. Kris had gotten used to the pregnancy hormones that Jessica would receive and he found the solution to it: staying silent. It was safe to say that it was effective. 

 

Seeing Jessica pouting and starting to walk away dejectedly, Kris silently followed after her, shopping cart in tow. It wasn't long until Jessica seemed fine again. After watching his wife for twenty weeks already, Kris came to read Jessica much more easily. Just with a glance, he could tell whether or not his wife would be emotional or not. After all, he had to know when it was okay to finally go up to Jessica without being overwhelmed with a rage of emotions. Jessica seemed to like the fact that he gave her space when she was feeling hormonal. It gave her a chance to calm down and feel whatever she was feeling and get over it. Kris was getting smarter and was definitely trying to understand his wife more during her pregnancy, even if he gets a bit scared during her emotional moments, knowing that he could get a verbal beating if he did anything wrong towards her.

 

As soon as the two finished shopping, they went to go towards the checkout. Being it the weekend, many people were out shopping. They could tell by the amount of shoppers waiting in line that there weren't enough workers at the counters. It was emminent that the wait for the checkout would take a very long time. A big huff of air escaped from Jessica. At that gesture, Kris could already tell Jessica was getting impatient and even mad. 

 

Oh the hormones are unstoppable. Kris whimpered. It's going to be a long day.

 


 

 

"Someone was trying to copy my outfit today~" Jessica commented, interlacing their fingers together. 

 

When Kris looked her way, she only glanced the other way cutely. Kris chuckled at her. "I just wanted to look as fashionable as you." he wrapped his arm around her shoulders, their hands still held together. 

 

"Hm~" Jessica pursed her lips meekly, which made Kris grin and place a kiss on the crown of her head. "I wore this first." she retorted childishly to both of their amusement.

 

"Last time I checked, I was known for dominating the laundry with my white shirts." Kris reminded her that he's been sporting white shirts ever since he could remember. 

 

Jessica pouted her lips. "Last time I checked, wearing white shirts aren't exclusive." she spoke playfully. 

 

Kris stole a kiss from those pouty lips of hers. "Well, we're a couple anyways. We're supposed to match." 

 

The wife burst out in a tiny giggle. "Okay there~ Whatever makes you happy."

 

The two were headed over to the Jung residence for dinner. For some reason, the parking was difficult in the neighborhood which resulted in having the two park a long distance away. The walk to the house wasn't too bad. Jessica saw it as additional exercise after all that standing and walking at the supermarket earlier in the morning. It gave Jessica a chance to realize that after Kris had cleaned up, he had changed outfits before they came back out again. Into an outfit that matched very similar to hers. Jessica had worn a loose white shirt with some black maternity shorts, which Kris had matched evenly with his white shirt and black jeans. It only made Jessica grin from ear to ear. Kris was just being too cute.

 

Walking up the front door, Kris was about to press the doorbell before the door flung open without warning, making the couple become wide eyed. "Unnie~!" Krystal cried out excitedly, a huge smile plastered over her face. "You're here!!" she was close to attacking Jessica with a hug, but stopped herself when she remembered the baby. "How's the baby? Healthy, right?" She ushered them into the house as she kept talking. "I missed you~" she whimpered, hugging onto Jessica's arm and rested her head onto the woman's shoulder. 

 

Jessica could only chuckle at her overly excited sister. "Hi to you too, Soojung." She wrapped her arm around Krystal. "You're such an excited aunt." She grinned, always noticing how Krystal would always become super hyped up whenever they came to visit. 

 

"I'm just worried about the baby. Unnie is getting bigger each time!" Krystal rubbed her hand on Jessica's tummy. "Whoa~ do you think I'll feel blip move this time?!" she gasped with enthusiasm. 

 

"Pfft~ no." Kris begged to differ, moving Krystal's hand off Jessica. "If I couldn't feel my own baby move, then you can't." 

 

Krystal shot him a funny look. "...You haven't felt your baby move yet?" Kris gave her a curt nod, already feeling what's coming next. "Oh my god, ahaha~!" she straight up started to laugh at him hysterically. "Blip must dislike you." she ended up in a laughing fit, finding that fact too hilarious. "I'm sure I'll get to feel blip move before you do~" she rubbed it in his face.

 

Kris only crooked an eyebrow at her, as Krystal held her hurting stomach from laughing too much. "Whatever, you don't get these desserts then." He made the box of desserts in his hand noticeable. 

 

The younger Jung immediately stopped laughing and became serious. "Wait, no. Why?" Her eyes were wide and she was already gulping at the thought of what kind of sweets that they got for her. 

 

"Because you were laughing at me, why else?" Kris teased. "Stupid." 

 

"Hmph, says the stupid himself." Krystal crossed her arms and sauntered off, not letting Kris retort, which only meant that she won the bickering battle this time.

 

Kris was left standing there with his mouth agape. His eyes narrowed and he pursed his lip in discontentment. "I let her win this time." he mumbled.

 

"I'm sure you did." Jessica spoke with a sarcastic tone, glancing at him before she walked towards the kitchen. "Are you coming?" she stopped midway and looked back at her husband, who was still sulking over the fact that he lost to Soojung again. "The desserts need to be refrigerated." 

 

Kris pouted as he trudged his way over next to her. "Thanks for worrying about the desserts instead of me."

 

"Oh, I'm sure you'll be fine." Jessica placed a loving kiss onto his lips. "Soojung will never let you win." she walked off into the kitchen to where she was greeted by her mother, leaving Kris behind to be conflicted as to whether or not he was being comforted or let down. 

 

"There you are, Kris!" Mommy Jung greeted her son-in-law with a big hug as soon as he popped into the kitchen. "How are you?" 

 

"I've been good. How have you been mother?" Kris smiled, returning the embrace. "Jess and I brought dessert." 

 

"I've been wonderful." Mommy Jung's face brightened up in delight. "Oh, Soojung is going to love these!" she took the box from him and proceeded to place them into the fridge. "So how have you been feeling, Sooyeon?" she cooed. "My grandchild is growing so well~" her hand was placed on her daughter's belly dotingly.

 

Jessica only grinned, reactively rubbing her tummy. "I've been fine. I think I've been doing very well. No aches or pains yet. Blip has been moving lately. We've reached half way through the pregnancy now."

 

Mommy Jung gasped. "Oh how time flies~! I'm going to be a grandmother soon!" she turned giddy. "I can already see how adorable my grandbaby will be! I'll have something to brag about even more now to my friends!" 

 

"Still competing against your friends?" Kris had on an amused smile.

 

"Oh you know how us women are." Mommy Jung waved her hand. "Always trying to outdo each other. It's a good thing I'm ahead in the game! With such a good-looking son-in-law, of course they'd be jealous!" she laughed. "Now that my grandbaby is coming, there's even more jealousy. I'd be jealous of myself too..." she sighed contently, wandering off in her own little world. 

 

Jessica's eyes widened as she noticed the pot on the stove was boiling over. "Mom, the stove!" 

 

Mommy Jung instantly leaped over and switched off the stove before giggling. "Oops~ Hehe, it's fine!" she smiled as if nothing was wrong while Jessica gave her a worried look. "Oh don't worry~ Dinner's going to be ready soon so get your father. He's in his office. I'm sure he'd be delighted to see you!" she ushered her daughter out. 

 

As soon as Jessica disappeared, Kris made himself comfortable by leaning against the counter. Mommy Jung did the same and crossed her arms in a relaxed manner. The mother-in-law glanced over at Kris with an expected look, before smiling and of course, willing to hear him out.

 

"Hormonal?" Mommy Jung could already tell her daughter was experiencing pregnancy symptoms even though she claimed to be fine. The look on Kris's face just told it all.

 

"You have no idea." Kris shut his eyes to take a breather, making Mommy Jung laugh. "She was fine in the morning, then we went grocery shopping and things were drastic there. She's fine now, though." He shrugged, already finding it a bit on the usual side. "She almost started crying when there wasn't any banana milk at the mart." 

 

Mommy Jung hummed. "I'm sure you handled it well. Just let her feel what she has to feel." she gave him an encouraging pat on his shoulder. "She'll get even more hormonal as the pregnancy goes on. You'll be fine though. Don't bring up hormones topic and you'll be safe."

 

"Oh, I finally got rid of that pregnancy pillow!" Kris joyfully lit up in a big, winning smile. 

 

"Did you now?" Mommy Jung laughed at his expression before tending to the food. "I'm surprised she even let you touch it. Nevertheless, I'm glad you got rid of the pillow for the sake of your relationship. You know what they say, once you start making it a routine, it becomes a habit. If you didn't get that pillow out of there, it would've been there for who knows how long. Possibly even after pregnancy." she knew how much Kris wanted time with Jessica, even if it was down time. "Did she retaliate?"

 

"She tried." Kris had a smug expression, knowing that he obviously won the battle.

 

Mommy Jung cackled. "Oh, Yifan~" she gave him a look that mothers give to their children out of love.

 

"I pulled the guilty card on her." Kris folded his arms. "For all those times where she left me hanging and especially the fact that I don't get enough sleep."

 

Kris was about to continue until Mommy Jung moved in her position from the cutting board to the stove with an amused smile which held a small tint of a warning look. For a moment, Kris was wondering about what his mother-in-law might be trying to warn him about. His guessings and thoughts stopped abruptly when the warning itself came.

 

"Hmph, maybe I shouldn't have let you get rid of my pillow." Jessica sauntered into the kitchen with a look of non-chalance. "Dad will be right out in two minutes. He's finishing up papers. Soojung's already at the dining table." she turned towards her mother for further instructions.

 

Mommy Jung flashed her oldest daughter a loving smile. "Thank you, sweetie. Go ahead and take a seat already. I'll get your dad to help me. I don't want you to over work yourself. My grandchild is probably hungry too, right?"

 

"Take your time mom." Jessica gave her mother a sweet look before reverting back to her dull face. "If anything, you can use my selfish husband that only cares about throwing comfortable pillows away over here." she turned around and headed out the room, leaving the said husband with an agape jaw.

 

"Noo~" Kris cooed out with a frown, reaching out for Jessica as she left him. He was about to go after her, but his actions were cut short.

 

"Oh good! Yifan, you can help me with dinner then. Finish up the soup for me? Thank you, sweetie." Mommy Jung started to grab more plates to get enough table settings.

 

Kris started to sulk and frown. "But...I can't cook..." he started slouching, not wanting to be here, but rather with his wife.

 

"You just stir and put the rest of the ingredients in. It's not that hard. You have to start cooking for Sooyeon anyways. Take this as a pre-lesson." Mommy Jung smiled, trying to get him to look on the bright side. 

 

Kris followed instructions and did as told, all with a saddened expression while he did a sloppy job. "But...but I just got rid of the pillow...last night's sleep was really good." 

 

Mommy Jung just laughed. "You'll do fine~" 

 



{Author's Note}: Oh boy~ Apologies for the ETERNITY of a wait! Some unexpected things happened that seemed to just change everything. Sorry for the long wait. Thank you all for being patient.

Thank you for all these upvotes!!

wind_angel
LilySehun
evang4123
yeonniestan94
LilySehun
exopandalulu
Exo_Sica
Unicorn_Prince
Maomao-