Chapter 59

Forever

Author’s POV:

 

Jessica’s Pregnancy Calendar – Week 18

 

“Sica!! Isn’t this just the prettiest?” Tiffany squealed in delight. “It’s pink!”

 

Jessica tried her hardest to pull the most natural smile. “It’s gorgeous, Fany.”

 

“I should incorporate these in the table settings. Pink roses!” Tiffany giggled and clapped her hands together, already excited looking at the selections in the booklet.

 

“Pink everything?” Jessica tried to spark a conversation, not wanting to seem too detached. “Is Jongin alright with this?”

 

Tiffany frowned and looked at her best friend. “Well, we agreed on red…” she paused. “Jonginnie didn’t want to wear a pink tie. He said red was better.”

 

“I’m guessing he doesn’t want an all pink wedding.” Jessica sighed. “I agree with that.”

 

“Hey~” Tiffany nudged Jessica. “You’re supposed to be on my side!”

 

After her appointment that morning, which she didn’t reveal to Tiffany, Jessica had a scheduled outing with Tiffany. Jessica had wanted to talk to Tiffany for a long time. She needed her best friend to listen to all the hardships and emotional strain she was facing, but seeming that Tiffany was going full steam ahead with her wedding preparations, Jessica didn’t want to deter her from the biggest day of her life. Tiffany specially scheduled Jessica to come out to help her choose a few wedding selections. Kai was busy manning the invitations, so Jessica had to accompany Tiffany.

 

“So we’re going with a color scheme of white and red?” Jessica asked, wanting to look at booklets of the colors that were actually going to be incorporated into the wedding.

 

“Silver too.” Tiffany mentioned, letting Jessica, who was already well acquainted with wedding plans, search through the booklets. “We’re not going all out on red though. Just a hint of it.”

 

Flipping through the booklets, Jessica was trying to find a few things good that fit Tiffany’s taste. “Where’s your wedding planner? Shouldn’t she be here?”

 

“She’s busy trying to find a location.” Tiffany made a face. “We’re going over the flowers next week though. I’m excited~ You should come with me, Sica!”

 

Jessica shook her head. “I can’t stand a floral shop. Too many scents. It makes me gag.” She remembered the time she got nauseas stepping into one of those shops.

 

“Oh, right…” Tiffany realized that there was another little being with them. “Blip is here with us~~” she cooed, placing her hand on Jessica’s belly. “Hopefully by the time you’re born, auntie Fany will have her wedding! You’ll definitely be in it!”

 

Jessica couldn’t help but really smile when it came to her baby. “You’ve decided the wedding to be around next year?”

 

Tiffany nodded. “It’s not wedding season right now. I want the weather to be nice and warm. Since wedding season passed, Jongin and I figured next year would be best. That’s around the same season you and Kris had your wedding right?”

 

Jessica stiffened at the sudden inquiry, but nevertheless nodded. “Yeah. Sunny and warm, even if we held everything indoors.” She started to grin at the memory of her most important day.

 

Tiffany perked up, hitting an epiphany. “Tell me all about how you planned your wedding! You never even asked me to help with the planning! I was just there for the dressing!” she frowned, but knew the dressing was the best part. “It was pretty! The color scheme was…” she hurried tried to recall.

 

“White and gold.” Jessica responded in a flash, to which Tiffany agreed in remembrance.

 

“I for sure remember the reason why.” Tiffany knew the story behind the colors.

 

“Because you both love the color white and had golden hair.”
“Because we both love the color white and had golden hair.”

 

Jessica smiled at Tiffany, as they both said the same thing.

 

“It looked so elegant and classy at the venue with only two colors.” Tiffany was still in awe at their wedding. “Your dress was amazing with the subtle golden accented designs. Not too flashy, but emphasized your figure. Not to mention your hubby was in an all white tux!” She squealed over her best friend’s wedding. “It was just purely beautiful!”

 

Jessica nudged Tiffany at the continuous praises. “You’re wedding is going to be just as amazing and beautiful! Maybe even better!”

 

“If you’re not going to the florist with me, you’re definitely going to the dress fitting with me!” Tiffany really wanted Jessica to be there.

 

“Of course.” Jessica without a doubt was going to be there. “I’m a bridesmaid, aren’t I?” she grinned.

 

“Uh, no.” Tiffany gave her best friend a look. “You’re going to be the maid of honor, so you have to be there!” she corrected her, laughing. “Along with our blip~ Blip is going to hear everything! This auntie is going to spoil you once you’re born!”

 

Jessica only caressed her belly. “I wouldn’t be too sure about that…” Tiffany only looked at her with a questioning look. “What if you have your own baby soon?”

 

Tiffany’s eyes only widened in shock. “Ah, Sica!!!” she squealed in embarrassment, fussing around in her seat. “It’s too soon to even think about it! I’m not even married yet!” she was actually turning red, making Jessica laugh.

 

“Hopefully you do in the future!” Jessica really let loose. “That way my baby can have a playmate.” At that moment, Jessica forgot all about her problems and became immersed into the best friend world.

 

Tiffany only pouted and cupped her reddened cheeks. “Oh, speaking of blip…” she suddenly recalled. “I did a little shopping…” she gave a meek smile. “I couldn’t resist.” She got up and retrieved a big shopping bag. “I saw it in the shop and once I saw how cute everything was, I just went on a shopping spree.” She gave Jessica the huge filled bag.

 

Jessica’s gasped and gaped at the amount of items Tiffany actually got for the baby. “You’re spoiling my baby already…and blip isn’t even born yet!” her words made the both of them giggle. “Thanks, Fany~” she pulled her into a hug.

 

“It’s not a big deal.” Tiffany excitedly started to dig through the bag. “Blip is going to be the most stylish baby there is. I bought a lot of sets in here. Your baby is going to have Tiffany-styled outfits everyday and look good.” She smiled. “And look here! Aren’t these booties just the cutest?!”

 

Jessica only looked on, her smile faltering each second. “Yeah…” her expressions went unnoticed as Tiffany was busily explaining all the outfits and pairing clothing together.

 

It was at that moment that Jessica realized that she and Kris had not went baby shopping for any supplies yet. They weren’t even the slightest bit prepared to make their house child-friendly. Were they really even ready for a child? Better yet, was Kris even ready to be a part of their baby’s life?

 


 

 

“Dude, slow down.” Yixing forcefully lowered Kris’s arm. “You’re going to get it tomorrow morning.”

 

Kris only shot a glare at his friend in defiance. “I do what I want.” He gulped down the alcohol in one shot.

 

Yixing only sighed and took a back seat. “Don’t complain to me about your hangover tomorrow. I tried.”

 

Kris signaled the bartender for another cup. “I’ll get you a cup if you want. It’s on me.” He grumbled, digging his index finger into a dent on the countertop.

 

“No thanks. I have the responsibility of driving your drunk home.” Yixing only leaned on the counter with ease, noticing his friend’s somber expression. “Care to share your thoughts with me now that you’ve downed over a ton of shots of whisky?” he knew Kris was extremely good at tolerating alcohol, but this was a first in a long time to see him slightly drunk.

 

“Life feels ty.” Kris played with the refilled glass of whisky in front of him.

 

“Humor me.” Yixing allowed the runaway man to speak about his day, since he’s already been a therapist to him for the past couple days anyway. “Hana has been hanging around you again?”

 

Kris lifted his head up to stare at Yixing. “How’d you know?”

 

Yixing snorted. “It’s totally not noticeable that you smell like a girl. Cherries aren’t a scent made for men.”

 

“She was spraying it again when I told her not to.” Kris grunted, downing another glass. “She never listens.”

 

“She never will.” Yixing scoffed. “She’s the type of person who’ll never listen. Hana’s one of those bratty, spoiled girls. I give you props for handling her on a daily basis.”

 

Kris slouched in his seat. “Donghae came into my office today.” He rubbed his forehead in agitation, trying to dodge away from the subject of Hana.

 

“Who’s Donghae?” Yixing crooked an eyebrow in wonderment. “Security that’s going to remove Hana?” he laughed shortly with barely enough enthusiasm to even call that a laughter.

 

Kris gave the other a dull look. “Ha. Ha.” He spoke, not finding it funny. “No. Donghae is Jessica’s obstetrician.”

 

“Mm.” Yixing hummed. “What’s your mid-wife doing at your office? Doesn’t he have babies to deliver?”

 

Kris only stared at Yixing with a weird expression. “Mid-wife?”

 

“It’s another name for the doctor that’s going to help deliver your baby.” Yixing rolled his eyes. “You’re going to be a dad and you don’t even know what a mid-wife is?”

 

“I assumed ‘mid-wife’ would be referring to a female.” Kris glared, explaining his side of the story.

 

“Sorry,” Yixing retorted with one of his sarcastic remarks. “Mid-husband. Better?”

 

Kris narrowed his eyes. “No. Makes it sound like Jessica is cheating on me someone else.”

 

Yixing only gave him a look of expectation. “Well, I’m sure that’s what Jessica is thinking about you.”

 

Kris only snarled at him, knowing that the first night he came over, he had told Yixing why he decided to leave his house. He told Yixing about all the fights and emotional distress. Yixing only listened and knew the whole story from Kris’s point of view. Yixing just never spoke his views on this whole situation since Kris never asked. Kris has been crashing at Yixing’s apartment for several days ever since.

 

“Oh,” Yixing gave a false look of concern. “Was that joke too early?” he returned to acting like his usual blank self. “Because that wasn’t a joke.”

 

Kris was obviously grown accustomed to Yixing’s personality, which seemed as if he never cared and gave sarcastic remarks. “…I don’t know why she was so upset over it. Jess didn’t even ask who Hana was. She always assumes things and becomes extremely insecure. It’s frustrating to know that after many years of being together that she’s still questioning our relationship. It makes me mad.”

 

Yixing gave a look of obviousness. “Well yeah, that explains the drinking.” He spoke with sarcasm. “At least you have your life is all set. I’m still single and having a dreading job.”

 

Kris only broke out in a gloomy smile. “My life is set, huh?” he placed the glass to his lips and started to drink again.

 

“Better set than most of us.” Yixing calmly sipped on his iced water. “You’re a husband and now an expecting father. I don’t get why you’re not grateful of that. Someone actually wants to spend the rest of their life with you and have a family with you.”

 

Kris hung his head low and scoffed. “Am I even worthy of that?”

 

“I can’t say. It’s your life.” Yixing said as a matter of fact. “You and Jessica are made for each other. That’s all I can say. She’s willing enough to bear your child. What more can ask from someone that’s willing to give her everything to you?”

 

Kris plopped his forehead onto the counter, sighing. “That’s the thing. I don’t…” he hesitated to finish his sentence in fear. “I don’t think I’ll be a good father.”

 

“What makes you think that? It’s your first child. You never know.” Yixing was more than knowledgeable and understanding, which is why Kris went to him ever since he left the house.

 

Kris chuckled at himself hopelessly. “I can’t even stand Jessica’s pregnancy hormones. I can’t stand what the baby is doing to Jessica. I hate the fact that I can’t get a decent amount of sleep because of the baby. I hate that I can’t even hold Jessica. The stupid pillow is in the way. I’ve been deprived of everything that let’s me be close to her because of the baby. Jessica already loves the baby more than me. What can I do? I’ve been pushed aside and it’s only the second trimester.” He spoke sadly, as his emotions heighted with the alcohol intake.

 

“Maybe Jessica is acting up because she doesn’t feel appreciated. Pregnancy makes women sensitive. It’s the time where they need the most support. Just because she’s acting up, doesn’t mean you run away from it. A baby is helpless. A grown man like you is more than capable of doing everything on your own.” Yixing spoke in a different point of view. “You love the baby, but you hate what it’s doing to your wife. It’s understandable, but you’re going to be a father. You can’t always run away from family problems. If you give your wife her needed tender love and care, I’m sure things will change.”

 

Kris rolled his head to the side of the counter to look over at Yixing. “You think so?”

 

“I know so.” Yixing was confident. “But first things first, get rid of Hana. Jessica is obviously pissed at Hana. So get the cherry chick out of the picture.”

 

“JinHee already handled her.” Kris finally sat up and smiled for a minute before his eyes sleepily came to a close and his body keeled over the countertop yet again.

 

Yixing only watched the man knock out and sighed, expecting that to happen. “Here we go.” He spoke with zero excitement. “How did I manage to know that his tolerance level crashed down?” Yixing smirked at his intelligence. “Wu Yifan, you definitely owe me.” He took out his phone to snap a picture as proof before he paid for Kris’s many drinks and struggled to lug the man’s body out of the bar.

 



{Author's Note}: Because you readers needed to know both sides of the story...now y'all know Kris's story. BUT! Park Hana still remains a mystery...hm...

Thank you for the upvotes! <3
somniloquist
sistahkg
blank999