Chapter 5

Forever

 

Author’s POV:

 

“I still don’t believe you.” Mommy Wu folded her arms and looked at her son with a deadpanned expression.

 

Kris only gave his parents a look of disbelief. “Do you two not see how flat my wife’s stomach is? It’s impossible for her to be pregnant!” he wrapped his arms around Jessica’s waist, sliding his hand up and down her flat tummy.

 

“Aigoo, Yifan. I was like that too when I found out I was pregnant with you.” Mommy Wu explained. “Plus, it’s only been three weeks since you two went on your honeymoon. The baby is probably only three weeks old, of course her belly is still flat.”

 

Both Jessica and Kris sagged their shoulders. It’s been thirty minutes since they’ve been standing on the driveway of Kris and Jessica’s house, trying to explain the fact that Jessica was literally not pregnant at all. The Wu parents refused to believe it, as they were extremely excited to become grandparents.

 

“Even if it’s this perfectly flat and y?” Kris daringly lifted Jessica’s shirt up and patted on her fit tummy, making Jessica turn red and shy from the exposure.

 

Mommy Wu gasped before scolding, “Don’t hit her stomach like that Yifan! She’s pregnant!”

 

“No she isn’t!” Kris exclaimed for the millionth time, clutching his head in aggravation.

 

“Says the man that said he didn’t use any protection!” Father Wu pointed out the fact that Kris had revealed to his parents earlier.

 

“Mom, I’m really not pregnant.” Jessica decided to speak up this time. “I’m still on birth control pills. Please believe me.” she gently hooked onto her mother-in-law’s arm.

 

Mommy Wu saw the pure and truthful sincerity in Jessica’s eyes and realized that she was wrong all along. “…So I’m not going to become a grandmother?”

 

Jessica shook her head with an apologetic look. “No, sorry. Not when Kris and I just got married.”

 

A small frown appeared on her Mommy Wu’s face before she nodded and hugged onto Jessica. “I guess I was wrong. I’m sorry, Jessi.”

 

Father Wu sighed. “I was looking forward to becoming a grandfather. Guess that’ll just have to wait a few more years.” He shrugged. “Come to think of it, honey, if Jessi was pregnant, that would’ve been fast. The two just got married and came back from their honeymoon.” His deep thinking skills decided to give them an insight of their thoughts.

 

Mommy Wu nodded her head, “Well I guess we can still wait, but don’t take too long! We’re not getting any older.” She gave a hearty grin.

 

Glancing at his watch, father Wu realized it was almost 4pm. “We should get going so they could have their time to unpack and get ready for dinner.” he informed his wife.

 

Mommy Wu agreed and quickly planted kisses on both Jessica and Kris before shuffling back into the car. “See you both in three hours! Don’t be late!” she waved the two goodbyes before the car sped off.

 

Kris only stood their frozen with his jaw dropped. It took him half an hour to try and prove to his parents that he wasn’t going to become a father, but as soon as Jessica speaks up and tells the truth, all of the sudden his parents decide to accept the truth and believe her. Why did his parents have to make his life so hard?

 

“I still can’t believe you lifted my shirt up in front of your parents.” Jessica pouted, hugging onto her stomach protectively.

 

Kris only cracked a smile before placing a sweet kiss on her lips. “I still think it’s y.” He slipped his hand under her shirt in a flash, brushing his fingertips over her toned tummy.

 

Jessica only shot him a small playful glare before slapping his hand out from under her shirt. “Let’s just bring everything inside quickly so we still have some time to unpack before going to dinner.”

 

Cooperatively lugging every baggage into the house and then up the stairs, Kris threw himself onto the bed after setting down the last suitcase on the floor. Jessica was seated on the floor, already starting to take things out of the luggage.

 

Kris frowned when he found that his wife was busy unpacking. If he was feeling super jetlagged at the moment, Jessica should be feeling the same way. Seeing Jessica’s mouth open, Kris smiled before watching her cutely yawn.

 

“Babe, come and sleep with me.” Kris patted down on the bed. “Unpack later, rest first.”

 

Jessica only shook her head, knowing that if she didn’t unpack now, she probably wouldn’t even wake up to do it later. “It’s okay, I’ll be quick.”

 

Kris frowned at her answer, as he wasn’t taking no for an answer. Getting up and off the bed, he stepped towards his wife before lifting her up all of the sudden, making her squeal. Throwing her onto the bed, he then climbs on as well and kisses her.

 

“Wait, let’s set an alarm first.” Kris grabbed his phone and fiddled with it before throwing it off to the side of the bed.

 

Kris then hugged onto her, wrapping himself around her like a vine. Jessica smiled at his actions, finding him cute at the moment. She ran her hand through his soft hair before dozing off into slumber as well.

 

An hour and thirty minutes later, a loud alarm sounded off and made the couple on the bed squirm and shuffle with furrowed eyebrows. Taking initiative to turn the sound off, Jessica patted around the bed to find Kris’ phone and turned off the alarm after getting a hold of it.

 

After doing so, she found herself stretching with her eyes still shut. Only when she opened her eyes did she realized that Kris was still glued onto her with his hand feeling her bare tummy, as he made her shirt ride up.

 

“We have to get up now,” Jessica yawned, hugging onto her husband before rolling the two over so that she was now lying on top of him. “Or else we’ll be late.” She mumbled, her sleepy eyes threatening to shut again.

 

Kris only hummed, his sleeping face looking the same. “Let’s just shower together then.” He grumbled back, just as tired.

 

Jessica only lazily nodded her head on his chest, not minding the fact that they were to shower together today. “In two minutes…” she muttered, knowing that Kris would agree with her.

 

The two had drifted off again until Jessica jolted awake after a while. She glanced at the clock and realized that instead of resting for two minutes, they rested for an addition of ten minutes. Shooting up into a sitting position, Jessica rubbed her eyes in attempt to rid her sleepiness.

 

“My hubby needs to get up now,” she croaked, one hand rubbing her eye as the other tugged on his shirt up and down.

 

Hearing no response from Kris, Jessica just stared at him tiredly before gripping his shirt with both hands. Pushing his shirt up towards his chest, Jessica lightly patted his revealed chiseled body before plucking the shirt off of him. If Kris wasn’t willing to get up and undress himself for a shower, Jessica might as well do it for him now.

 

“Get up, my angry bird~” Jessica sleepily mumbled. “We still have to shower and get ready for dinner. Your mom said we couldn’t be late.”

 

A throaty growl voiced from Kris was heard until Jessica found herself under her husband’s body. Kris peeked out from his eyelids, eying his sleepily blinking wife. He was completely aware that he was topless.

 

“Your turn.” He shut his eyes before muttered, grabbing onto the shirt she was wearing and tugged it up her body.

 

Once he pulled the shirt over her head, Kris proceeded with the button on her shorts. Seconds later, he had peeled her shorts off, all in a sleepy manner.

 

Left in only her undergarments and having Kris topless, the two decided it was time to actually get off the bed and drag themselves towards the shower, but more like having Kris carry Jessica off to the bathroom.

 

Somehow ridding themselves of their remaining clothing, the two entered the shower and was immediately rejuvenated by the warm water washing over them. Kris hugged onto Jessica from behind, resting his chin on her shoulder, still tired.

 

“Wash my hair for me, aegi~” Kris requested, to which Jessica only accepted.

 

--

 

“Oh finally~” Kris exasperated when they found the right restaurant.

 

Due to the two’s tiredness and short nap, the two had mistakenly walked into two different restaurants before waltzing into the correct one.

 

“Welcome back. What took you two so long?” Jessica’s mother questioned with a gentle smile when she noticed the two walking in fifteen minutes late.

 

“We walked into the wrong restaurant…twice.” Jessica sheepishly replied.

 

Kris and Jessica greeted each other’s parents and Krystal before taking seats next to each other.

 

“Why do you two look so tired?” Krystal questioned, eying the two closely in interest.

 

“Jetlag.” Kris and Jessica both replied in a synchronized manner.

 

Krystal’s mouth formed an ‘o’ shape before she nodded her head. She couldn’t help but grin stupidly at how tired and out of it the two looked just sitting there in front of her.

 

“How was Hawaii? Did you guys get me anything?” Krystal suddenly bombarded the couple with questions. “I hope it’s something pretty. You guys better not have just gotten me a simple bracelet.” She extended out her palms for her souvenir.

 

Kris only high-fived her playfully with a grin plastered on his face, as he liked to mess with his sister-in-law. “There’s your present.” He spoke, gaining a confused face from Krystal. “I didn’t wash my hands after coming back, so I guess you could say you touched the Hawaiian bathroom.” He joked.

 

Krystal only scoffed and snapped her hand back, but not after wiping it thoroughly on Kris’ shirt. “Gross!” She shot a glare at her brother-in-law before crossing her arms.

 

Jessica only grinned at the two. “We got you something Soojung, but we haven’t unpacked yet. I’ll give it to you next time.”

 

“As expected, my unnie knows me the best!” Krystal jumped giddily before hugging onto her older sister.

 

Not long after, a waitress came by and handed them all a menu along with cups of ice water. Seeing pictures of dishes and meals on the menu, Krystal became intrigued.

 

“Unnie! Was the food in Hawaii good?” the younger Jung eagerly questioned.

 

Jessica nodded her head, “It’s was great. I thought my stomach was going to explode from all that eating.” She exaggerated.

 

Innocently blinking, Krystal took her sister literally and glanced down at Jessica’s stomach. Her eyebrows furrowed when she saw her sister wearing a sweater, which wasn’t quite normal, as her older sister would always dress up regardless of the occasion.

 

Reaching over and poking Jessica’s tummy, Krystal just had the urge to do so. Jessica only flinched drastically, surprising the both of them. Krystal only blinked at her sister with wide eyes.

 

Jessica only held her stomach after the poke, feeling self conscious of her tummy after Kris had lifted up her shirt earlier in the evening. As for her dressing rather casually this evening, she was being extra lazy and only slipped on a sweater and shorts before leaving the house for dinner.

 

Glancing over at Krystal, Jessica only pouted and rubbed her stomach where her little sister had just poked rather harshly.

 

Krystal only squinted her eyes, eying her sister carefully. When Kris wrapped his arm around Jessica’s waist, Krystal only crooked an eyebrow up and watched quietly.

 

Seeing Kris’ hand sneak under Jessica’s sweater, Krystal’s eyes widened when she saw him rub his hand affectionately on her sister’s tummy.

 

Something had clicked in Krystal’s head.

 

Jessica being surprised by the sudden poke to the stomach, Jessica wearing a loose sweater, Kris caressing Jessica’s tummy with care…it all made sense to the younger Jung.

 

“UNNIE!” Krystal shouted. “YOU’RE PREGNANT AREN’T YOU?!”

 

Her loud exclamation garnered the attention from the rest of the table. The whole table gaped at Kris and Jessica with wide eyes.

 

“I knew Jessi was pregnant! I was right!” Mommy Wu broke the small silence, hitting the table in excitement.

 

“I am going to be a grandfather!” Father Wu cheered.

 

Jessica’s parents only sat there in frozen shock for a moment before mommy Jung voiced out a stunned ‘oh my god.’

 

“My princess is having a baby?” Daddy Jung gasped. “I’m having a grandchild!!” he excitedly shouted.

 

“Grandchild…grandma…” Mommy Jung had trouble processing what she heard. “Omona…I-I’m becoming a grandmother already! This is great!” she jumped in her seat, happy giggles emitting from her lips.

 

“I’m going to be an auntie!” Krystal gasped, her jaw dropping.

 

Jessica and Kris darted their eyes around the table, at a loss for words as they all were deeply expressing their shock at hearing the baby news.

 

“Hey…” Kris voiced out, only to be ignored completely by everyone. “We’re not having a baby…” he tried to explain, but was not even heard.

 

“I’ve always dreamed to be a grandmother too!” Mommy Jung joyously clasped onto Mommy Wu’s hand, as the two shared the same interest.

 

“Appa! Look at this baby carrier! It’s so cute!” Krystal waved her phone in front of her father’s face, already looking at items for babies. “We can get a pink one if it’s a girl and a blue one if it’s a boy!”

 

Both Kris and Jessica sighed in defeat. Why do they all assume that they’re going to have a baby?

 



{Author's Note}: Ehehe~ ^^ the whole family is following along with mommy wu. I hope you guys aren't getting bored of this fic already. I've been getting less and less comments each time I update D: Please let me know that you're all here~

My lovely upvoters! Thank you~ ^^

bubbletealuhan
Abbiekim
-ilubme-
kea923
EXOstar12
WooU_couple25
VSvania
monicawang12