Chapter 63

Forever

Author's POV:

 

Jessica's Pregnancy Calendar — Week 25

 

"We have a lot to do today, Kris." Jessica chided. "Get up~" she didn't want to be late and Kris just wasn't helping at the moment. 

 

"Mm...I'll be up...in five minutes." Kris croaked out with a deep, sleepy voice. "I'll be..." he couldn't even finish his sentence before he snuggled up into Jessica's pillow and fell asleep within that nanosecond. 

 

Jessica had a frown on her face as she grabbed the other pillow and whacked him upside the head. "Kris." her voice was stern. "Get up." her emotions drastically changed, turning serious and even furious. "NOW." Her change in tone barely made a difference, as her husband was still lying in bed semi-unconscious and snoring. "KRIS!" she screeched, causing him to flinch. "Get up! I'm not having it right now!" she threw the pillow at him before storming out of the room. 

 

Kris groggily sat up on the bed, the thrown pillow in hand. He stared dumbfounded at the bedroom door Jessica had walked out of. For a moment, he had trouble processing what had happened. His eyebrows furrowed when he registered that his wife was having a fit first thing in the morning. Jessica even yelled at him. Jesus, the hormones are crazy today. Rubbing his sleepy eyes, Kris was about to yawn, only to be cut off by his wife's voice again.

 

"Let's go, Kris!" Jessica had shouted up the stairs. "If you're not up, I'm going by myself!" 

 

Kris shot up from the bed and into the bathroom. The preganancy hormones were out of control today and Kris was not about to test the waters. If the hormones already had Jessica shouting, it's already saying a lot. Jessica never raises her voice at him. Kris is already in Jessica's hot-list first thing in the morning and he wasn't about to get himself in even more havoc from her. Quick and efficient. Quick and efficient. He thought to himself as he shoved a toothbrush into his mouth hurriedly. Jessica wasn't about to take being slow today.

 


 

 

Being half-awake, Kris barely even recalled how he drove to this location. Better yet, he doesn't even know where he is. Having Jessica take the lead, Kris followed behind her obediently. It wasn't until they got out of the elevator that Kris felt truly awake and was scanning his surroundings. The place seemed so familiar, but he just couldn't put his finger on it. It wasn't until they reached the main room that Kris realized where they were. 

 

"Jess," Kris tried to garner his wife's attention as she was looking over a board for directions. "Why are we are at the hospital?" he was puzzled.

 

Jessica only looked up to blink at him. "You don't remember?" 

 

Her inquisition set Kris frozen. "Uhh..." the husband scratched the back of his messy hair, secretly hoping Jessica doesn't have a hormonal breakdown.

 

A smile peeked through the once hormonal woman. "Oh Kris~" she cooed, running her hand through his tussled hair that Kris didn't bother fixing this early morning. "We signed up for those post-pregnancy classes, remember?" she cupped his face gently.

 

The epiphany Kris had been waiting for finally hit him. "Oh that's right." he instinctively snuggled his face into her soft hands. "Haven't woken up fully..." he mumbled.

 

"Well, start waking up. You need to pay attention to these classes." Jessica dropped her smile as she snapped at him.

 

Her quick change of tone made him freeze. All the pent up anxiety from Jessica's hormonal outbreaks has had him constantly on his toes. Feisty.

 

He jogged his way to catch up with her down the hall. The wife slid open a door into a spacious room filled with tables and chairs. The place resembled a classroom. Jessica sighed out before entering and taking the seat up front and center – right in front, right in the middle.

 

Kris’ expression drooped. Are we back in school or something?

 

He plopped down in the seat next to his wife before examining the room. Married couples were scattered throughout the room. Most of the women looked just like Jessica. Pregnant. About to give birth.

 

Kris wondered for a brief second what it would be like if all the women in the room were all hormonal. He shuddered at the thought. He didn’t want to think about it.

 

He broke out of his reverie to find that Jessica had engaged in conversation with a neighboring expectant mother. Kris flashed an awkward smile when he was suddenly introduced to the couple.

 

He didn’t say much during the small talk. He feared that his hormonal wife would bite his head off. Jessica wasn’t in the best mood today. Kris figuratively wiped a drop of sweat from his forehead. He couldn’t make any careless actions today. He’d have to be walking on eggshells, being careful not to provoke Jessica.

 

Caring. Careful. Control.

 

Kris recited the mantra he had created when Jessica had her hormonal days. He had to be the perfect husband today.

 

Ten minutes later, the room ceased chatter and settled down when the door opened. Everyone smiled as the figure walked to the front of the room.

 

In the midst of it, Kris was being told by Jessica to hold her bag. The husband became slightly assured when his wife flashed a smile as he focused her sights to the front. Kris reciprocated the grin.

 

When he looked up, the smile instantly fell – almost to the ground.

 

.

 

Kris’ eyes darkened.

 

Why is Lee Donghae teaching this class?

 



{Author's Note}: So you guys kinda blew up the comments LOL. Short chapter, but thank you guys for the support and the reassurance...I was very surprised to see many of you still awaiting my comeback. I'll be honest, I don't know if I'll be able to update much. It's a committment to be on here and updating. It'll be a slow and long process to get these extra chapters up - but I'm willing to make time for it. I'm awaiting the writers block to finish this fic...my mind is already fixated on starting a new fic tbh >.< I'll do my best to portray this fic the way I wanted to years ago. Anyways, I won't be giving any filler chapters to refresh your minds on the plot because the way I wrote this fic was in a one-shot type of style - each chapter is sort of it's own identity but all together, it creates a timeline of a story. It makes it easier to jump into the story. 

Thanks for your support...I hope to update soon!