Chapter 49

Forever

Author’s POV:

 

Jessica’s Pregnancy Calendar – Week 13

 

It’s the thirteenth week of the pregnancy and Jessica has officially filed in for maternity leave. Doctor Lee suggested that once the thirteenth week starts, she should already be on leave so she could rest easier, knowing how easily Jessica could overwork herself.

 

Now that Jessica has successfully reached the second trimester, she was also facing through changes in her body. During the first trimester, Jessica didn’t seem the least pregnant at all, but now that she’s thirteen weeks along, her stomach is starting to show a bump. It didn’t seem noticeable at first, but Jessica found herself touching her tummy quite constantly and that’s when she realized that her barely-there tummy has grown into a small bump.

 

“It’s not that noticeable.” Kris commented, eying his wife.

 

“You think so?” Jessica asked, eying herself through the mirror. “I didn’t gain any weight yet…” she said, stepping onto the scale. “Is that weird?” she rubbed her tummy and looked at her husband.

 

“Shouldn’t be. Doctor said that weight gain is different for everyone. You’re not supposed to gain much in the first trimester and you’re only starting the second trimester.”

 

Jessica hummed and stepped of the scale. Grabbing one of Kris’ shirts, she slipped it on along with a pair of spandex shorts, her usual attire for home.

 

“I thought we were going out to eat?” Kris questioned, watching her change back into her pajamas.

 

His wife frowned. “I don’t feel like going out anymore.” She said apologetically.

 

“You’ve been in the house for a while now, Jess.” Kris thought she could use some outdoor sunshine and fresh air.

 

“Maybe next time?” Jessica cocked her head to the side. “I’m just not feeling it today.”

 

Kris sighed, knowing how much Jessica has been having aversions lately. “Okay. I’ll bring food home then.” He figured he should do that since he was already dressed. “What do you feel like eating?”

 

She took a moment to think about it. “Hm…I feel like eating fried calamari.”

 

“I thought you were trying to eat healthier?” he asked, knowing she was trying to refrain from eating unhealthy foods.

 

“Are you calling me fat, Kris?” Jessica looked up at him with a straight face.

 

Kris’ eyes instantly widened. “No! Babe, I wasn’t trying to say that. You’re beautiful in any shape or form. I’ll always love you no matter what.”

 

“Blip makes me want to eat unhealthy foods~” Jessica whined, being unable to contain the cravings. “I’m going to start breaking out.” She pouted and looked up at Kris. “Your wife is going to have pimples.”

 

The husband embraced her and placed several pecks on her forehead. “No you’re not. Your skin is always perfect.”

 

Jessica stared up at him for a moment before realizing what just happened and burying her face into the nape of Kris’ neck. “Oh my god. I just had a mood swing.”

 

“Yes, you did and that’s okay.” Kris only rubbed her back soothingly.

 

“Sorry.” She sighed, finding it hard to believe she was being moody over a single question. “…Can you get me some banana milk too?”

 


 

“You’re back!” Jessica sat up on the sofa in excitement when she heard Kris open the front door.

 

Kris shuffled into the living room and placed the bag of food down. “It’s starting to drizzle outside.” He pointed out that the weather was becoming rainy and gray.

 

“You didn’t get poured on, did you?” Jessica eyed him up and down in a worried manner. “I don’t want you to get sick.”

 

“It only started to rain when I got home.” Kris smiled, taking a seat next to her and watching her open up the bag.

 

“Did you get my banana milk?” Jessica asked, wondering where her milk was.

 

“It’s in there.” Kris remembered to get his wife’s latest craving – her oh-so favorite banana milk.

 

Poking a straw through the foil seal, Jessica first sipped her drink before continuing to rummage through the bag. Taking out the plastic box, she opened the top to have the steam of the still crispy fried calamari float up into the air. After munching on a piece, Jessica stilled.

 

Kris tore his eyes off the television and glanced over at her to see why she froze. “What’s wrong? Is it too salty?” he went ahead and tried some. “It seems fine to me.”

 

Jessica only looked at him with blinking doe eyes. She chewed on her bottom lip and scrunched her nose.

 

It only took Kris a few seconds to realize that his wife was having a food aversion. “You don’t want it anymore, do you?” Jessica only shook her head guiltily. “It’s okay. What you are you craving now? I’ll go get it for you.”

 

The wife only grinned thankfully at him. “…Sushi.” She stared at him, knowing that he might decline.

 

Kris’ eyebrows rose before he thought about it for a second. Jessica wanted raw fish. Fish. Everyone knows Kris hates fish. His wife was asking for a lot, when it comes to fish.

 

“I’ll get it for you.” Kris decided to swallow up his disgust for fish for the moment and do it for his wife. “Tuna, right?”

 

Jessica’s facial expression lightened up when she saw how far Kris was willing to go for her. “Yep. Thank you.”

 

“Anything for you.” Kris gave her a smile and got off the sofa. “I’ll be back soon.” He kissed her goodbye for the second time.

 

Plopping down onto the sofa, Jessica lay on her back in a relaxed manner. “Kris, I think I might want chicken and rice instead.” She spoke up, watching her husband reaching for his keys.

 

“Okay.” Kris felt more relieved knowing that he wouldn’t have to be getting near fish anymore. “Are you sure that’s really what you want?”

 

Jessica nodded her head. “Yup.”

 

“Alright then.” Kris grinned at her and threw on his jacket. “Do you know where we put the umbrellas?”

 

“Should be in the cabinet above the shoes.” Jessica voiced out as he searched through the shoe cupboards.

 

“Found it.” Kris could be heard shutting the cupboard. “I’m going now.” He spoke up, letting her know as he opened up the door.

 

“Okay!” Jessica responded only to quickly say something else. “Wait!” she made Kris stall at the door. “I think I want samgyupsal instead!”

 

The front door flew shut and Jessica stilled. Seconds later, Kris’ head poked back into the living room and gave his wife a ‘really now?’ look. She only responded with a shy meek smile.

 

“I’m sure.” She answered before he could ask her.

 

“Are you positive?” Kris just had to make sure. “Are you one hundred percent positive?”

 

Jessica gave him a final nod. “Yes I am. I’m sure this time. Positive.”

 

Kris playfully stared her down for a moment giving her a smile and agreeing. “Okay.”

 

“I love you.” Jessica giggled, knowing how much he was making Kris run around.

 

“I love you too.” Kris made his way back towards the front door and slipped on his shoes.

 

As soon as Kris opened the door, Jessica’s voice could be heard. “…I think I might want a salad instead.”

 

A small, amused sigh escaped Kris’ lips before he marched right back in the living room. “That’s it, I’m bringing you along with me.” He could only grin widely as he picked up his wife in a careful yet efficient manner, making her hug onto him like a koala.

 

Jessica only let out a small squeal before she was carried out the front door in only her pajamas, not even any shoes on. Even after being hauled out of the house in a minimum of thirty seconds, she just couldn’t help but giggle along with Kris.

 


 

“Kris!” Jessica called out with a frown on her face.

 

Within seconds of hearing the said male’s footsteps, he appeared in front of her as he entered the laundry room where his wife was. He blinked at his woman inquisitively as she tried to frown seriously, but he only took it as a cute pouting of her lower lip. He only became serious when Jessica held up a shirt of his size with a glaring expression.

 

She blinked at him with expectation. “What’s wrong with this shirt?” she asked seriously.

 

Kris squinted at the shirt. He didn’t recall ever buying a pink shirt. “…Is there something wrong with our washing machine that made my shirt pink?” he guessed.

 

Jessica only raised an eyebrow at him, folding her arms and leaning against the washer. Kris only shrugged at her in confusion. All he did was help her do the laundry this morning because she was too tired to do so. He grabbed the clothes from the hamper and tossed in the dirty clothes, put the right amount of detergent and pressed a few buttons; just like how Jessica told him to do so. Sure, he never does the laundry, but he didn’t see anything wrong with it when he did everything correctly for the first time.

 

“Kris, you were supposed to separate the whites from the colored.” Jessica implied knowingly. “You threw my red undergarments in there and now all your clothes are pink.” She fished out her said clothing and showed it to him.

 

Kris’ eyes widened in amazement. “Just your bra can make all my white shirts pink?” he was quite surprised, making a truthful amazed facial expression.

 

His innocence to the world of washing clothes appealed to Jessica and made her simmer down; in other words, her mood swung from angry to happy and forgiving. “Yes, it can. Be sure to sort out the colors from the whites next time. I don’t want to keep buying you white shirts after every wash.”

 

“Sorry.” He gave an apologetic smile.

 

“It’s okay. Just don’t do it again.” Jessica gave him a peck on his cheek. “Or I might just have to punish you.” She lightly kicked his rear on his way out with a grin on her face.

 

Kris only turned around with an arched eyebrow and his signature smirk. “.” He winked before walked off.

 


 

 

“What do you think he’ll want this time?” Jessica asked, interlacing her fingers with the Kris’ hand that was slung over her shoulder.

 

Leading them towards a gaming store, Kris grinned. “Video games.”

 

“But you bought him so many games last year.” Jessica reasoned, twirling around the wedding band on Kris’ finger.

 

“You can never have a limit on how many video games a boy can have.” Kris noted, searching through a rack of video games.

 

The married couple was currently shopping for a little gift they could give to Kyungsan. They planned to visit the baby panda today. As if it was a tradition, the two would always make sure to buy a gift for the boy before they visit. As of lately, Jessica would have trouble finding the right gift for Kyungsan, as the baby panda was growing up and starting to take interest in different things. Apparently Kris is the only one who really understands him and knows best when it came to Kyungsan’s interests.

 

“This one seems fun…” Kris held onto a disk cover he picked up off the shelf.

 

Jessica only broke out in a smile when she saw Kris acting like he was buying the game for himself. It did make sense though, as Kyungsan had similar interests as Kris when he was a kid. Not to mention that every time the couple gave Kyungsan his gift, the boy would always invite Kris to play it with him.

 

While Kris was busy searching the racks, Jessica glazed her eyes over the variety of games they had at the store. It seemed like a boy’s heaven here. No wonder Kris is having fun looking at games here. In the midst of her examination, Jessica unconsciously rubbed her small tummy. That’s when she started to think about the gender of the baby. What if they had a boy? Would they like videogames just as much as Kris and the rest of the members?

 

She and Kris did talk about the gender they preferred. They both came to the conclusion that they’d love baby blip just as much, regardless of the gender.

 

While she was in her own world thinking, Kris had already purchased a few games and was ready to leave the store. Following suit, she curiously inspected the gifts he picked out.

 

“I hope these aren’t violent games.” Jessica commented, inspecting the suspicious cover of the games.

 

Kris gave her an obvious look. “Every game has to have some kind of violence in it. Whether or not it’s subtle violence or not.”

 

Jessica gave him a pout. “I just don’t want Kyungie to be badly influenced. Kyungmi would hate us.”

 

“He’s not five anymore~” Kris reminded her that the baby panda wasn’t so ‘baby’ anymore and was reaching almost ten.

 

Jessica only hummed and retreated back out the mall and into their car. The walk back to the vehicle was in a comforting silence. Once they got settled into the car, Kris took the time to ask her what was going through her head. His wife seemed to be deep in thought.

 

“What’s on your mind?” Kris asked, knowing she was thinking hard on something.

 

His wife only faced him and smiled. “What traits do you want blip to have or not have from us?” she knew her question was random.

 

Her question came as a surprise to him so he sat back in his seat to think about it for a second. “I know for sure that would want blip to have your kindness and patience.” He knew those were the things he wanted to be portrayed in their child.

 

“And what about from you?” Jessica inquired, wanting to know his answer.

 

“My good looks.” He answered a little too seriously.

 

Jessica only doubled in giggles and nudged him in the arm. “What if blip is girl?”

 

“I think my looks could be suitable for a girl.” Kris smiled jokingly, receiving another shove from his wife. “Fine, fine. I guess blip could have our good looks.”

 



{Author's Note}: What gender do YOU think baby blip will be? :3