Chapter 6

Forever

 

Author’s POV:

 

Busily shuffling in the kitchen, Jessica was prepping brunch. The married couple had woken up an hour ago and was now preparing to have a meal before continuing with the rest of the plans for the day. It was almost the afternoon time, as the two had woken up quite late.

 

Placing the perfectly cooked omelet onto the clean white plate, Jessica smiled as she finished making breakfast. Just as she placed the required utensils next to the two plates, her husband walked into the room with a towel over his damp hair.

 

Jessica greeted him with a kiss on the lips. The fresh scent of Kris’ shower gel filled the air, making her grin. Wrapping his arms around her petite waist, Kris then placed repeated butterfly kisses on her lips. In response, Jessica only giggled from the fluttery feeling of her husband’s lips.

 

“The food is going to get cold.” Jessica spoke up in between kisses when Kris kept initiating more pecks to her lips.

 

Kris finally pulled away and blinked at her as she continued talking. “We still have a lot of things to do today. Let’s hurry and eat so we can get going.” Jessica reminded him.

 

“Fine.” Kris reluctantly agreed and stopped his constant display of affection.

 

Still hugging onto his wife, Kris waddled behind her as they reached the counter and sat down on the high chairs. Seeing that Kris’ hair was still rather soaked, Jessica took his towel and generously started to ruffle it dry while he was busy picking up the fork and about to eat.

 

Being the less lazy one of the two, Jessica obviously got up earlier than Kris today. When she was done washing up, Kris was still lying on the bed like a sleeping koala.

 

“You’re going to get a cold if you don’t dry your hair after showering.” Jessica was done drying his hair and hung the towel on the chair Kris was sitting on.

 

Kris only grinned happily like a child. “I’d still have you to take care of me.”

 

“Then I’d get sick.” Jessica pouted. “Whenever oppa gets sick, I get sick.”

 

“And whenever my aegi gets sick, I get sick.” Kris chuckled, feeding her a piece of the wonderful omelet she made.

 

Yes, it’s a known fact that the two would fall sick together. If one of them gets ill, inevitably, the other gets ill as well. Why? Simply because the two just can’t stay away from each other when sickness occurs. They both worry for each other and tend to stick together like glue. The fact that the two keep kissing each other whilst one is sick doesn’t help either.

 

Half way throughout her meal, Jessica remembered that they should write a shopping list. The two were going to shop for household items or things that they needed to restock on.

 

Not wanting to waste any paper, Jessica ended up using Kris’ phone and started to type down some items they needed on the one of the writing apps. As soon as Jessica asked what they needed, Kris jumped in his seat.

 

“Shampoo!!” he exclaimed in an urgent manner.

 

Jessica only blinked, “But we already have shampoo. You even bought a bottle in Hawaii.”

 

Kris only shook his head. “Your shampoo. My baby’s hair doesn’t smell like fragrant peaches anymore.” He noted and sniffed her hair. “I disapprove of this minty scent.”

 

Jessica pouted, knowing that she has been lazy and haven’t gotten out to buy her shampoo when she ran out. Ever since then, she had been using the same mint scented shampoo Kris has been using. She had always liked using it, making it feel like she was closer to Kris. Regardless, knowing how much Kris adores her original scent, Jessica decided to place the word ‘shampoo’ on the shopping list.

 

After a brief period of thinking, the two figured out what they needed. Jessica typed down some last items that she needed before saving the note and passed the phone back to Kris. The two then proceeded to wash the dishes together and then went on to prepare to get out of the house.

 

Seating themselves inside the car, as if it was a tradition, Kris helped Jessica with her seatbelt. After a period of time, the two arrived at the big shopping mall. Both stepping out of the vehicle, Kris locked the car before interlacing his hands with Jessica’s. The two decided to walk around the mall before they start to really shop.

 

“Ah!” Jessica perked up suddenly. “We forgot to give Soojung her gift from Hawaii.” She spoke as they passed by a few clothing shops.

 

“We can always just give it to her another time.” Kris shrugged. “What did you get her anyways?” he asked, not even knowing what his wife got for his sister-in-law.

 

“Candy.” Jessica answered in a casual manner.

 

Kris on the other hand burst out laughing. “Oh right. The kid likes food.” He nodded. “I wonder how she’s still healthy after eating so much junk food. She eats too much.”

 

Jessica only shot a look up at him before hitting his arm. “This is why you and Soojungie always bicker. You two never say anything good about each other.”

 

“Well, she started it by calling me a the first time we met.” Kris mumbled, still dwelling on the fact that he was yelled at by an eighteen-year-old back then.

 

“It was partially your fault for thinking that she was me. You should’ve said something when you came home.” Jessica reasoned, speaking from Krystal’s point of view.

 

“Are you not siding with your one and only husband right now?” Kris glanced down at his wife, playfully blinking at her while she looked ahead.

 

Seeing her looking rather distracted and not having her answer his question, Kris followed her eyesight that were on two giggling schoolgirls that were walking past them. Kris met eyes with one of the girls and they only shyly put their hand in front of , starting to whisper to the other friend. Kris only looked at them questioningly before tearing his attention back onto his wife.

 

“What’s wrong?” Kris used his free hand to tilt her chin up so she could face him.

 

Jessica only shook her head and gave a smile. “Nothing, the girls from before were just staring at us.”

 

Kris scrunched up his eyebrow for second before placing a quick peck on his wife’s lips. “Don’t mind them.” He gave a happy grin to which she nodded at.

 

To be honest, Jessica saw how the two schoolgirls looked at Kris and she felt a tinge of dejection. Seeing high school students eying her husband with great interest made Jessica want to hug onto Kris and never let anyone take him away. She knew she was just overreacting, considering that she was upset at teenage girls, so Jessica just shrugged it off.

 

“Let’s just go find the stuff on the shopping list.” Jessica suggested, tightening her grip on Kris’ hand.

 

Kris nodded and pulled out his phone, scanning his eyes on the shopping list that they had made earlier. “First thing on the list, laundry detergent.” He read off his phone screen.

 

Starting their way towards a family department store, the two had to walk towards the other side of the mall.

 

It wasn’t until halfway later until Jessica found herself frowning again. A woman around her age was strutting by, flaunting her legs with her eyes glued onto Kris. The stranger even had the guts to ‘accidentally’ bump into Kris and drop all of her shopping bags.

 

“Oops, sorry.” The lady sounded far from apologetic as she bent down to retrieve her many bags, trying to emphasize her legs at the same time.

 

Kris only voiced out a simple ‘sorry’ and began helping the woman by picking up the rest of her bags in a polite manner. “Sorry for bumping into you.” Kris apologized once more before handing the lady her bags.

 

“Oh, no, it’s okay. It was my fault anyways.” The woman waved her hand as her twinkling eyes still glued itself onto Kris. “Thank you for helping me pick up my bags though.”

 

Jessica bit her lip and tugged onto her and Kris’ entwined hands, gesturing that she wanted to move. Kris glanced back at Jessica for a second before turning back to the lady to bid a goodbye. Kris only bowed his head, politely and silently telling the woman that he’ll be on his way.

 

Jessica saw how the female sent him a flirtatious wink before she walked away. Jessica couldn’t help but feel jealous and possessive. Kris was hers. The woman definitely saw that Kris was with her, but the woman acted as if Jessica was even there. A pout made it’s way onto Jessica’s face.

 

Generally, when they went out in public, Kris didn’t gain much stares…well none that Jessica noticed. Today was a different case, as Jessica already spotted several girls trying to catch her husband’s attention. What was is about today? Was it because Kris was wearing a sleeveless shirt today? Or was it national seduce-hot-looking-men day? For the first time ever, Jessica wondered why Kris had to look so freaking handsome that makes girls turn their heads and even look at him twice.

 

“And what is my wife thinking about this time?” Kris stopped in his tracks and playfully nudged her after seeing a pout on her cute lips.

 

“Me?” she frowned, earning a nod from Kris. “I was just wondering why my husband is so handsome to the point where everyone looks like they want to steal him from me.” she huffed a breath.

 

Kris quirked up an eyebrow in amusement. “Is my wife being jealous?” he continued on the third-person form of speaking.

 

Jessica's frown only drooped and she slid her arms around Kris’ waist, hugging him. “Maybe your wife is. All the females that walk by keep staring at you. Who wouldn’t be upset?” her speech was muffled by the fact that her face was stuffed into Kris’ chest.

 

Even so, Kris heard her loud and clear. In all honesty, Kris had seen all the females trying to flaunt around. He saw it all happening, but he frankly didn’t even care one bit. None of them were the least bit interesting or appealing to Kris. Why would he even bother to pay attention to them when he already has the perfect person right next to him?

 

“Well, don’t worry about them.” Kris pulled away just enough to caress his wife’s face.

 

Jessica was about to retort, to voice out her dislikes again, but Kris prevented her from sputtering out one syllable as he had shut her up with a kiss. He continued to kiss her until Jessica decided to stop trying to speak. Only when Jessica’s shoulders deflated did Kris stop and pin his forehead onto hers.

 

“Do you think I’m going to run off to any of these undesirable women that walk by? Because I’m not. I’m married to you for a reason. I’m tied to you for a reason. I made you my wife for one reason; it’s because I love you and only you.” Kris placed a small peck on the tip of her nose.“There's no need for my wife to be jealous because I'm not going anywhere.”

 

A look of assurance coursed through Jessica’s face before a small pout found it’s way back onto her lips. “They still stare at you like you’re a single male model on a runway…”

 

Kris only chuckled, “Well, then we’re just going to have to show everyone that you’re mine, now do we?”

 

Jessica only stared at him with a puzzled expression written on her face. Kris ushered her under his wing, slinging his arm around her shoulders as they walked on. Just when Jessica saw another woman eying her Kris, she felt a pair of lips pressed against her cheek.

 

A surprised expression appeared on Jessica’s unexpected face. Kris had just kissed her affectionately. Jessica peered up at him with a shy look, now knowing what he meant. Every time someone would eye them, Kris would just kiss Jessica to show them that they were both taken.

 

And to think that Kris was the only possessive one in this relationship...

 

 


 

 

Pushing their cart down the department store, Kris followed right behind his wife. Jessica was leading the way to find the next item on their list. The cart they were pushing around was filled one-third of the way as they were productively finding the things they needed.

 

On their way to find toilet paper, Jessica suddenly stopped and turned around, to which Kris eyed her with a raised eyebrow. Informing her husband that she needed to use the bathroom, Jessica then handed his phone back to him. Leaving Kris with the duty to find the rest of the shopping list items, Jessica went to find the restroom in the store.

 

Kris sighed before proceeding to find the aisle that held toilet paper. When he successfully found it, he quickly threw a package of it into the cart. Looking back down on his phone, he checked for the next item.

 

“Tissues…” Kris muttered to himself before glancing back up at the aisle.

 

Seeing tissue boxes sitting on the shelves across the toilet paper, Kris grinned and took a package of that as well and tossed it into the cart. He had thought that shopping for practically everything that they needed for the house would be hard, considering that they did have a rather large house. Seeing how extremely fast this was going by, Kris thought that this was quite fun since he was quick at finding the items on the list.

 

“This is easier than I thought…” he hummed before staring at his phone with wide eyes, as he saw what the next thing he needed to get was. “Spoke too soon…”

 

Kris just stared at the typed words on his phone, courtesy of Jessica. Of course, Jessica had her needs too, but Kris just couldn’t believe his eyes. He gawked at his phone for a moment before the reality actually hit him.

 

Yes. Sanitary napkins. Better known as pads, was worded out clearly on his phone.

 

Seeming that Jessica wasn’t coming back anytime soon, Kris was left with the job to get it. After reassuring himself with confidence that he could get what his wife needed, Kris let out a confident breath of air before rolling the cart out of the aisle. He could do this. Roaming around, Kris had found the aisle for feminine needs rather speedily than expected.

 

He had to admit that he has never done this before and it is already embarrassing for him to be standing just across the aisle. Clearing his throat, he shook the awkward thoughts out his mind and stared down the aisle that held the item he needed to get.

 

Seeing that there were females in the aisle, Kris decided to stay put. Not wanting to be out of place and uncomfortable, Kris waited until the aisle was clear of any people. It was extremely awkward for a male to walk into the section and grab a packet of pads, especially when he didn’t need it. Things would be so much easier for Kris if he had Jessica next to him right now, that way he wouldn’t be so self-conscious about walking into the aisle made for women only.

 

Just when the last female walked out of the section, Kris found his chance to speedily rush in and grab the thing he needed. He glanced around as he jogged his way across. Just as he made his way in front of the shelves, instead of trying to be quick like he planned, Kris found himself gaping at the huge selection of pads.

 

Never in a million years did he think he had to walk into feminine aisle to buy pads. Now that he up his courage to walk into one, he had trouble pinpointing which packet of pads he had to take. It was then that Kris had to question the world as to why there were so many different brands for female sanitary napkins. He needed to hurry and rush out of the aisle any minute now to spare himself from embarrassment, but he pivoted around, wondering which one he should take.

 

Kris’ hand reached out to grab a packet, but he swiftly pulled his arm back when a thought ran through his head. Which brand does Jessica use? Trying to rack his head for any information, Kris combed his hair with his hand. Sure, Kris knew that Jessica had kept these kinds of things in the bathroom drawer at home, but it wasn’t like he would look at them.

 

When Kris was still in deep thought, a woman casually strolled into the aisle. The female was taken aback for a moment after seeing him, her eyes widened a bit before she recollected herself and acted as if things were normal. Kris took note of the lady’s reaction and mentally slapped himself.

 

As if one woman wasn’t enough to embarrass Kris, three more ladies walked into the same section, rubbing salt on Kris’ wound. The three women had the same response as the first female, making Kris feel extremely awkward to be here.

 

Realizing that he wouldn’t be in that position if he had just picked a packet of pads off the shelf, Kris only hurriedly returned his eyes back onto the selection of sanitary napkins, still deciding which one he should just get. His face was appearing more and more awkward and even red.

 

To make things even better, the women in the aisle were just staring at him, wondering why he was there. Kris bit his lip, knowing very well that he was receiving weird looks, but he just didn’t know what to grab from the selection. He knew nothing about these kinds of feminine needs. Just as he was about to embarrass himself even more by asking the ladies what kind of pads were the best, Kris was met by his savior.

 

“Oppa,” Jessica skipped over and wrapped an arm around his waist. “What are you doing here?”

 

Kris let out a sigh of relief and draped his arm around her shoulder in response. “I was getting your…needs.” He glanced at the sanitary napkins on the shelf in front of them.

 

“Oh yeah.” Jessica remembered that she had put that on the list.

 

Casually grabbing a packet off the shelf, Jessica then pulled Kris out of the beyond uncomfortable place ever. As soon as they made it back to their cart, Jessica only looked up at her husband with an amused smile. Kris only stared back at her with an awkward tilt of the head.

 

“My husband looked really funny standing in an aisle filled with pads.” Jessica giggled, as she started to . “Oppa was standing there awkwardly while the other girls were giving you weird stares.”

 

Kris only scowled at her, not used to being the one teased.

 

“I should make you get these for me more often.” Jessica waved around the packet of sanitary pads in her hands. “Thank you for making the effort to get me these though.”

 

“You should be…that was the most embarrassing situation ever.” Kris grumbled and covered his face with his palms. “At least I know what brand you use, that way I can just grab it and run out the next time I have to get these.”

 

Jessica perked up. “So you’re willing to get pads for me next time?” she spoke rather loudly with a happy grin, earning attention from people walking by.

 

Kris just groaned in embarrassment. “Let’s just go.” He smacked the packet of the wretched sanitary napkins into the cart and started to stride in a rather quick pace.

 



{Author's Note}: OMG guys. EXO's Growl teaser. The choreo looks amazing~ Kris was handsome as usual~! *^^* Can't wait for their comeback~ :D Is anyone going to KCON, though? I'm sad that I can't go...it's too far. It's really upsetting for me since it starts a day after my birthday..sigh. Oh well...I get a good seat behind my laptop anyways. Watching EXO on my own personal screen. LOL. 

Thank you for the upvotes my lovely readers~ ^^

4ever9
thelostwishes