Chapter 13

Forever

 


Author’s POV:

 

“What did you get for Kris?” Sooyoung nudged Yuri in the arm, wanting to know if the present she got her best friend’s husband was any good.

 

Yuri was in the process of trying to tie a ribbon on the small envelope that contained Kris’ birthday gift. “A coupon for free grilled chicken at the restaurant down the street.

 

It was the day of Kris’ birthday and all the girls were already up and spread out around the house either preparing for the surprise party or helping with food.

 

Sunny snickered after hearing Yuri’s present for Kris. “A coupon for chicken? Really?”

 

Sooyoung blinked, “I got him a coupon too, except for ice cream.” She responded with pride and gave Yuri a rewarding high-five.

 

“Really, guys? Coupons for food?” Sunny arched her eyebrow, seeming as if their presents were not good enough.

 

Yuri and Sooyoung directed their attention to the shorter girl. “What did you get him?”

 

Sunny scoffed, “Coupons are too cheap. My gift is way better than your petty coupons.” She had a confident smirk. “I got him a $20 gift card to a fast food restaurant.” She pointed to the puny blue box on the side of the table.

 

Rolling their eyes, Yuri and Sooyoung just playfully shook their heads as they nudged Sunny by the arm.

 

Tiffany suddenly came by the table and placed a neatly wrapped present on the table.

 

“What did you get Kris for his birthday?” Yuri questioned the redhead, wondering if she got anything better.

 

“Well, I had no idea what to get Kris, so I ended up sharing the gift with Kai. We got him a wristwatch.” Tiffany informed. “Kai said Kris had been meaning to get one.”

 

Sunny, Sooyoung and Yuri’s eyes went wide. “Wow…we really have bad gifts…” Sooyoung gulped.

 

Tiffany tilted her head, “It couldn’t be that bad right?” she giggled. “As long as you guys didn’t get him useless coupons.” She gave Sooyoung an unknowing pat on the shoulder before skipping into the kitchen to help Jessica with prepping the food.

 

The three girls looked at each other with blinking eyes. “It’s not too late to buy another gift right?” Yuri spoke up, knowing how terrible their gifts seem next to Tiffany and Kai’s.

 

“Hey! Come over and help with the balloons!” Hyoyeon called the three over for help in setting up the decorations. “Stop standing around!” she threw a packet of balloons over to them.

 

Meanwhile in the kitchen, Jessica was busy finishing her homemade ice cream cake. Spreading the vanilla ice cream evenly over the entire cake, she made sure all her movements were precise. Her eyes were filled with concentration and seriousness. This was the first homemade cake she had made and it all had to be perfect, especially since she made it for Kris.

 

“Unnie,” Seohyun called out, garnering Jessica’s half dedicated attention. “Do I put the cookies in the oven now?”

 

Jessica let out a barely audible hum, “Yeah, sure.”

 

Knowing her unnie wasn’t really paying attention, Seohyun decided to follow instructions when Jessica gave her orders with full attention. Waiting patiently, Seohyun was to wait till Jessica was done with her cake.

 

Finally stopping her actions and glancing at the digital time on the stovetop, Jessica’s eyes widened. “No wait, don’t put the cookies in the oven yet.” She reiterated with a change in mind. “The boys won’t come until three hours later. Don’t put it in now.”

 

Seohyun automatically nodded her head and then started to help Taeyeon with her salad instead.

 

“So what are planning to give your husband for his birthday present?” Yoona wiggled her eyebrows, handing Jessica a bowl of freshly washed strawberries.

 

Scrunching up her lips, Jessica started to place the cut up strawberries in specific places on top of the cake. “…A gift.” She remained mysterious with the exception of having her cheeks in a rosy color.

 

Yoona narrowed her eyes, “Did you perhaps go shopping for his gift in a certain lacy shop?” she nitpicked.

 

Tiffany spoke up before Jessica could even respond. “It’s white with black lining!”

 

Being absorbed into their conversation, Taeyeon turned her head. “Kris must be in for something special tonight.” Her expression filled with mischief as she burst into giggles.

 

Jessica shot the older girl a look, regardless of having her face in a deep red shade. Taeyeon only responded with a grin.

 

Yuri happened to walk into the kitchen during the time, hearing the whole conversation. Her eyes widened and her jaw dropped. The half-blown balloon in slipped, causing it to release air and fly around the busy kitchen.

 

Squealing, Jessica tried her best to shield her cake from any rubber or spit. Yuri frantically ran after the already deflated balloon and picked it up from the floor. She mumbled a ‘sorry’ in a sheepish manner.

 

“I have Yuri’s spit on my face now.” Tiffany frowned, wiping her cheek with the back of her hand. “Thanks.” She gave a sarcastic glare.

 

Yuri only shrugged before stealing a strawberry from Jessica’s hand. “So you’re doing the dirty, tonight?” she eyed the flushed Jung closely.

 

Yoona and Taeyeon only joined in and blinked at Jessica with all their focus.

 

“You guys are so weird.” Jessica gave the girls a judging look before returning back to her cake.

 

“Weird?” Yoona arched her eyebrow, looking as if Jessica was speaking a different language.

 

Taeyeon poked Jessica’s forehead. “This is normal talk, silly. Now spill. How’s your life been after marriage?”

 

“Is it weekly? Monthly?” Yuri gasped in horror. “Yearly?!”

 

Jessica only dawned an appalled expression on her face. “This is private information between Kris and I.” she used her elbow to push Yuri as a small punishment.

 

“I take that as a ‘I-haven’t-had--in-a-long-time.’” Yoona leaned over the island counter.

 

“Agreed.” Taeyeon nodded her head. “Must be boring.”

 

The married woman only gave her friends a look of incomprehension. Since when was this a unanimous voting for Jessica Jung’s life?

 

Yuri jumped up in excitement. “Do you need advice? I read some articles in some magazines. You should give them a try! They’re quite insightful.” She stole another strawberry from the bowl. “I’m sure I have one of the magazines in my car.”

 

Jessica gave her friend a glower. “Stop eating the strawberries. I need it for the cake!” She took the bowl away from her. “And no, I don’t want to read your…awkward articles. I’m perfectly fine.” She pouted her lip, continuing with decorating the cake.

 

“But. . .”

 

“I need to finish the cake.” Jessica cut in strictly, not letting Yoona speak more than a word. “Kris will be here in a couple hours and I can’t have a half finished cake.” She didn’t have time to be talking about her supposed ‘boring’ life with Kris at the moment. “We can continue this later.”

 

The three girls pursed their lips. Taeyeon sighed before obediently returning to the salad she was supposed to be managing. Yoona and Yuri decided to walk out the kitchen together.

 

Both Yoona and Yuri gave each other knowing glances as they strolled their way towards the stairs leading upstairs where the bedrooms were. The pair was extremely curious and needing to get answers. If Jessica wasn’t going to give them an answer, then they were going to find out themselves. Of course, they weren’t doing it with bad intentions. They were just simply worried about Jessica’s married life.

 

“Why are there so many doors?” Yoona muttered with confusion, as this is her first official time being in this household.

 

“Found it~” Yuri chimed; opening the third door they tried.

 

Scooting themselves into the master bedroom of Jessica and Kris, the snooping two admired the clean room for a moment before they each crouched in front of the matching side drawers on each side of the queen-sized bed.

 

Opening each drawer respectively, the two searched through the drawers. “Glasses…file folders…books…” Yoona listed the items in the drawer that seemed to belong to Jessica. “This is totally Sica’s side of the bed.” She glanced over to see what Yuri would find in Kris’ drawer.

 

Yuri peeked in the drawer shuffling the things in it. “Books…papers…a stuffed animal…” she pulled out an alpaca plushie out of the drawer and cleared . “Wow this is awkward. I never knew Kris liked stuffed animals.” She shoved Ace right back into the drawer. “How manly…” she laughed.

 

Not seeing any signs of the one item they were looking for, Yoona and Yuri folded their arms and scanned the room again. The two glanced at each other before speaking simultaneously.

 

“No condoms, no .” They sighed before they strode out the door, remembering to shut it.

 

“Looks like I’ll have to get that magazine from my car.” Yuri fished her car keys out of her pocket before heading out the front door to retrieve the item from her car.

 

It didn’t take more than ten minutes to get Jessica out of the kitchen and planted on the living room sofa. Yoona made sure Jessica stayed glued to the sofa until Yuri came in and handed her the magazine. Jessica tried to protest and excuse herself, but only ended up having Yuri’s hand covering .

 

“We’re only doing this for you, Sica.” Yoona spoke calmly. “All you have to do is read the article. We’ll take care of the food and decorations. Just sit here and read.” She smiled.

 

“I’m sure you and Kris will be much more active after this.” Yuri continued the encouragement. “Now just sit tight and read. We’ll handle everything else. If we see you moving away from this couch, I will personally bring you back here and sit on you so you won’t move. Okay?”

 

Jessica sighed in defeat not before rolling her eyes, seeming that her friends were extremely serious about this. “Fine.” She mumbled behind Yuri’s hand that was still slapped over .

 

Seeing her two friends leave the living room and head back into the kitchen, Jessica slumped down onto the sofa with a grumble. She didn’t want to stop what she was doing, but seeming that she already finished the important birthday cake, she guesses that the girls can handle the rest.

 

“At least I get to relax for a bit.” Jessica shrugged her shoulders before begrudgingly picking up the magazine.

 


 

Meanwhile, Kris was lying awake in his designated spot on the living room floor. He stayed silent, as no one else was awake. It was currently 9:30pm on this Monday morning and Kris would never wake up this early on his days off. The reason was beyond obvious. His wife wasn’t next to him.

 

Tao suddenly shifted in his sleep, flipping over and slapping his arm and leg over Kris. The married man just sighed and dealt with it, not moving an inch even if the panda was using him as a body pillow. Normally, Kris would’ve shoved Tao away, but this was not the case.

 

Not being able to sleep last night with his Jessica, Tao took his lucky chances and clung onto Kris like a koala when they were all about to go to sleep last night. Kris was ridiculously uncomfortable at the time and didn’t like the clingy panda, but realized it was the only thing that could help him possibly fall asleep so he let Tao hug onto him.

 

It did have its disadvantages though. Tao was much more heavier and bigger than Jessica, making Kris extremely warm and also have the feeling of being squished. Tao was also a messy sleeper. The panda would always shift around. Kicking and whacking the people around him when he would move. The process kept happening throughout the night. Whenever Tao moved away from him, Kris would instinctively open his eyes. But things did prevail in the end, as Kris did have a decent night with enough slumber.

 

Stretching his body, Sehun managed to kick Kris in the leg as he rolled over to snuggle his way towards Luhan. Kris shot the maknae an agitated glare even if it came unnoticed. The after effects of sleeping right in the middle of the two youngest members.

 

Hearing an audible yawn, Kris glanced over to his left and eyed over Tao’s sleeping body. Kai was rubbing his eyes as he sat up. The tan-skinned male sleepily looked around the room filled with his deeply slumbering friends. Kai’s body then flopped over to the side, squishing Kyungsoo’s limp body.

 

From the sounds of the blanket being rustled, Kyungsoo was moving from the impact of Kai’s body. “Get off.” Kyungsoo mumbled with a hoarse voice. “I’ll hit you if you don’t get off. I’ll wake up when I feel like it.”

 

“It’s time to wake up now, Kyungsoo~” Kai grumbled in a singing manner.

 

Kris scrunched up his eyebrows. Why would Kai start waking the boys up? None of them had anything to do on this day. For as long as he could remember, every one of his best friends loved to sleep in. The day is starting off peculiar today.

 

Kai gave up with the stubborn Kyungsoo and started to mess with the other male on his left side. “Chanyeol, get up.”

 

Kris only smirked. As if the happy virus would get up that easily. Out of all the boys, Chanyeol was one of the most difficult one to wake up, aside from Tao.

 

“Mm…I’m up.” The deep voice made Kris peek up in surprise.

 

Chanyeol literally sat up with his eyes open. Kris’ eyes nearly pop out of their sockets. Park Chanyeol is up and awake after one simple call from Kai. What has the world succumb to?

 

One by one the boys slowly woke up, shocking Kris. Normally, it would take a million years just to wake all eleven of these males. It felt as if Kris woke up in a completely new dimension, when he saw Tao wake up with a simple nudge from Chen. What in the world is going on today?

 

“I’m going to use the bathroom…” Sehun blinked sleepily, getting up to release his bladder.

 

“I call the bathroom first!” Baekhyun suddenly called out whilst speedily walking towards the bathroom, sticking his tongue out to provoke Sehun even further.

 

Sehun darted daggers at the cheery troublemaker he calls a hyung. “I. Am. Going. To. Kill. You.” He growled, stomping after the bacon ever so scarily.

 

Kris only watched the two in amusement. Right, Sehunnie always has a temper in the morning.

 

In no more than thirty seconds, a squealing Baekhyun could be heard. “I-I’m sorry!! Just let me go!!” his high-pitched voice sounded throughout the house.

 

A few seconds later, a disheveled Baekhyun who would holding onto his precious hair retreated back into the living room and huddled himself under his blanket, all whilst whimpering in fear. “Sehun can be so mean sometimes!” he kicked his feet under the blanket.

 

“Morning everyone!” Suho greeted everyone with a goofy smile on his face, trying to sound awake even with his tightly shut eyes.

 

“What are we eating for breakfast?” Tao quickly barked, wanting food.

 

Chen eyed the still sleeping Kyungsoo. “Umma is still resting.” He snickered, snorting as well.

 

“What happened to my sock?” Lay suddenly questioned the missing sock on his left foot. “Xiumin…” he eyed the baozi before grabbing his purple sock from the elder’s pile of neatly folded clothes on the floor.

 

Soon enough, the poor unicorn was bombarded by a hungry pack of wolves, who all had demanding orders for what they wanted for breakfast. Lay, who was barely even awake had trouble pinpointing who wanted what. When the boys never stopped yelling in Yixing’s face, the unicorn just clutched his head in frustration. Is this what Kyungsoo has to deal with every time they get together?

 

Whipping out his phone, Kris decided it was time to text his wife. It was a Monday after all and the only thing he was looking forward to was seeing Jessica.

 

Seeing Kris busy typing away on his phone, Kai sighed. He still doesn’t even remember his birthday. Today was the day Kris was born into this world, yet there has not been a light bulb that went off in his head. It’s officially proven. Kris’ world centers only around Jessica.

 

To: Jessica
From: Kris

I finally get to reunite with my wife today.

Sent 9:48am

 

Hearing her phone ring, Jessica’s eyes never tore away from the magazine Yuri had given her. Unexpectedly, Jessica was finding the article insightful. She was learning things she had never realized or even thought of before about ‘being in the bedroom.’ But then again, Jessica never had any experience and it was always Kris leading.

 

Starting a new paragraph of the article, Jessica’s attention was all absorbed and she quickly forgot about her phone.

 

Scrunching his lips, Kris continued to stare at his phone longingly when Jessica didn’t reply back within five minutes. Normally his wife would shoot a message back instantly. Thinking about it, Kris realized it was quite early in the morning. Jessica couldn’t be able to sleep without him, so shouldn’t she be awake?

 

To: Jessica
From: Kris

Are you okay? You’re not replying to me.

Sent 9:56am

 

“You’ve been staring at your for phone like a madman.” Kai remarked, taking a seat next to Kris on the couch.

 

“Jess isn’t replying.” Kris replied anxiously.

 

Kai gave him a sarcastic mean look. “Are you insulting my sleepover party?” he faked an offensive look. “I guess you can run away as soon as we wake up.” He folded his arms.

 

Kris only ignored him and continued fiddling with his phone. Jessica couldn’t be in danger or anything right?

 

“Relax,” Kai patted the taller male on the shoulder. “Tiff is with her, she’ll be fine. They’re probably having a girly day or whatever they call it.”

 

Hearing her phone sound yet again, Jessica finally tore her eyes away from the magazine and fished her phone out of her pocket. Seeing that her husband had messaged her twice, she quickly unlocked her phone and typed up a reply.

 

To: Kris
From: Jessica

I’m great. Just had to help Fany with something.

When are you coming home?

Sent 10:04 am

 

“What if she’s in the bathroom? You never know.” Kai continued trying to comfort the uptight Kris. “I don’t think girls would bring their phones in the bathroom. What if it falls in the toilet?” his speech was getting more and more pointless.

 

As if on time, Kris’ phone pinged and he received a text from Jessica. “Yeah, hold that thought.” He held up a finger as his attention only fixated on his phone.

 

To: Jessica
From: Kris

I think my wife should come and pick me up.

Don’t you think so, Mrs. Wu?

Sent 10:05am

 

To: Kris
From: Jessica

I would like to agree with you Mr. Wu.

But Fany and I have plans till the afternoon.

I’m sorry.

Sent 10:07am

 

Kris’ forehead creased. Plans? What plans? He sighed, remembering what Kai said. Must be one of their girly days.

 

To: Jessica
From: Kris

I suppose I could let you slide this time, Mrs. Wu.

I’ll hitch a ride with Kai.

I expect to see my wife home before 5pm.

Sent 10:09am

 

Seeing Kris’ demanding sentence at the end, Jessica broke out in a small grin.

 

To: Kris
From: Jessica

I promise you’ll see me before then.

Sent 10:11am

 

Jessica couldn’t help but sigh and slump in her seat. My poor angry still doesn’t know it’s his own birthday. Of course, Jessica liked the fact that Kris would concentrate only on her, but it’s also the reason why Kris is becoming selfless to the point where he forgot his own birthday.

 

“Hyung! I wanted waffles instead! I never asked for pancakes!” Tao complained, scrutinizing the pancakes on his plate.

 

“Well, I’m sorry Tao. They don’t have waffles here.” Lay explained; already busy making a breakfast for twelve, considering how Kyungsoo was still getting his sleep.

 

Tao folded his arms begrudgingly. “I want waffles. Go and buy waffles for me.” He spoke with a spoiled tone, knowing how Lay could be easily swayed.

 

Lay suddenly looked as if he was contemplating on whether or not to go to the grocery store. Before Lay could even come close to a conclusion, Kris walked in and smacked Tao right upside the head.

 

“Just eat, you spoiled panda.” Kris ordered, automatically pouring himself a cup of orange juice.

 

Tao recoiled and immediately obeyed, picking up his fork and jabbing it into the pancakes.

 

“Pancakes! Nice!” Chanyeol cheered, swiping a plate of pancakes from the countertop.

 

“Hey! You took the last plate!” Chen complained, wanting his share of breakfast as well.

 

Chanyeol shielded his plate of pancakes. “Go get your own! Lay should be making more!”

 

Chen directed his attention towards the cooking Lay. “When are you going to finish? I’m hungry~” he whined.

 

Lay calmly nodded his head before informing Chen that he was doing the best he can. Suddenly running into the kitchen, Sehun seemed to be starving.

 

“Hyung! What’s for breakfast?!” the maknae frantically questioned, hopping around. “I’m hungry. Can I have a plate now?”

 

“Hey, wait your turn!” Chen shoved Sehun out of the way and stood right next to Lay.

 

Sehun and Chen were nudging each other by the elbow when Baekhyun came skipping into the kitchen. “Hey! Pancakes!! I’m starving!” the bacon excited pointed out, about to grab the plate of pancakes that was slowly piling up right in front of Chen and Sehun.

 

“HEY! NO!” Chen shouted, slapping his hand away.

 

“Get in line!” Sehun added in, showing that there was a line to receive breakfast.

 

Baekhyun shot the two dirty looks. “Gosh, bossy ladies.” He shuffled his way behind Sehun.

 

As the stack of pancakes start to increase on the single plate, Chen never took the initiative to take the plate away. Having more pancakes on his plate than needed, Sehun and Baekhyun started to complain.

 

“Take your plate already!” Sehun ordered, wanting his share of pancakes already.

 

“You’re going to be as fat as Tao! You can’t even eat that much!” Baekhyun was quick with his remark. “Take your plate and leave!”

 

Chen scoffed, “Are you guys doubting me? I’m super hungry right now. I can devour all this within seconds!”

 

“TAKE YOUR PLATE ALREADY!” Sehun dramatically threw another tantrum, wanting his breakfast already. “I’M STARVING, YOU LITTLE TROLL!”

 

“No!” Chen retorted.

 

Baekhyun and Sehun’s eyes flared. “LAY! STOP STACKING PANCAKES ON HIS PLATE!” they both ordered the innocent Lay.

 

Lay only gave a dumbfounded look. “What?” he placed another finished pancake on the plate.

 

“STOP IT!” Baekhyun took the spatula from Lay’s hand.

 

“This fatty is going to eat all the pancakes before we even get to have a single bite!!” Sehun pointed an accusing finger at Chen.

 

“What?!” Chen gasped. “Who said I was going to eat it all?! I just wanted my fair portion!!”

 

“YOU CALL THAT A FAIR PORTION?!” Sehun shrieked, gesturing towards the massive pile of pancakes on his plate. “SEHUN NEEDS TO EAT.” His temper rose, as he started to speak in third-person.

 

“Yes, it is!” Chen stuck his tongue out.

 

“NO, IT’S NOT.” Baekhyun joined Sehun with his temper tantrum.

 

“YES IT IS!” Chen raised his voice just as high at the other two.

 

The three glared icily at each other before they suddenly whipped their heads towards the cooking unicorn. “LAY! WHOSE SIDE DO YOU AGREE ON?!”

 

Lay blinked before raising both hands in surrender. “God, I admit defeat. No wonder why Kyungsoo gets mad all the time in the kitchen.” He groaned, ripping the apron off his body before trailing out the kitchen. “Go make your own breakfast, you stupid kids.”

 

The three were left clueless in front of a working stove. “W-What do we do now?” Sehun questioned.

 

“I-I don’t know…” Baekhyun clutched onto the spatula he took from Lay.

 

Chen glanced at the confused two for a moment before he snatched the plate of finished pancakes.

 

“HEY!” Sehun and Baekhyun shout after Chen, who ran away with the last batch of good pancakes.

 

Leaning against the counter, Kris smirked in amusement as he witnessed the whole thing. Deciding not to even bother with the stove, he just gulped down his orange juice. He figured he could go home and have his wife’s delicious cooking instead.

 

“Luhan is awake now.” Luhan announced officially as if he waltzed into the kitchen. “Now make me food, you peasants.” He took a seat next to Tao and proceeded to wait for his breakfast.

 

Xiumin just shot him a look. “Sorry, Miss I-have-manly-pink-hair, make your own breakfast.” He sassed back with intentions of teasing his masculinity.

 

Luhan gasped and instantly covered his hair with his arms. “PINK CAN BE MANLY!” 

 



{Author's Note}: I'm back guys! :D I'll be trying my best to update more, but I can't give you guys a certain guarantee that I'll be updating as often as I used to. I'm having a crazy busy life as of the moment. I apologize for that. Well, I guess this is a filler chapter and I PROMISE that Kris' birthday party will be next chapter. LOL. I've been updating you guys with filler chapters too much, but hopefully you guys liked the EXO and SNSD interactions here. 

Thank you for upvoting! ^^

lovepandabear
LoveXOXO2256