Chapter 26

Forever

 

Author’s POV:

 

Turning her body over, Jessica adjusted herself so she was more comfortable. She was about to doze off again, when she realized that she was actually feeling warm and comfortable. For past couple of days, she wasn’t able to sleep well. Shuffling her feet, she accidentally hit something else. Furrowing her eyebrows, Jessica used her foot to explore what this thing was that was behind her.

 

When she realized that it was a pair of legs, she immediately opened her eyes and turned around to see an awakening Kris. Jessica’s eyes widened with alarm and she wanted scrambled to the other side of the bed, but failed as she tried to sit up on the bed only to receive a huge headache and quickly laid back down.

 

Kris saw her pain and hovered over her. “Are you okay?” he knew she was receiving a hangover.

 

Jessica seemed awkward and nodded her head. “I’m fine.” She answered in a dull voice and rolled to her side to avoid Kris.

 

Kris felt her distancing herself from him. He could accept that and he wanted to give her space. Jessica had just come back to her senses and it was her first time actually realizing that he was back from Japan. Of course things would be awkward. They got into a fight and left it unsolved for almost a week. They both didn’t know what the other was feeling, except from Kris side, as he knew how Jessica was feeling from her mumblings last night.

 

Trying to concentrate hard, Jessica wanted to remember what had happened last night. She definitely had no recollection of seeing Kris that is, until this morning. The last thing she remembered was downing a drink with Chen and Chanyeol at the company dinner. She sighed as she gave up trying to remember. She figured she had gotten extremely wasted and Tiffany had brought her home, whereas Kris came home and got into bed with her. Jessica shrugged and decided that was enough to remember.

 

Jessica could already feel the tension between her and Kris. After fighting and not seeing each other for almost a week really takes a toll on a relationship. Jessica decided that she shouldn’t think of it anymore. It wasn’t that Jessica didn’t care anymore; it’s just that she already made a final decision on their argument. Kris pinned her at fault and Jessica decided that she’d take the blame instead of trying to prove her point. It was much more easier that way.

 

“Are you okay? Do you want me to get you some medicine for your headache?” Kris slid his hand onto her waist.

 

Jessica avoided contact with him as she slowly sat up on the bed with her back facing him. “I’m okay.” She simply replied and stood up from the bed in a slow speed.

 

Once she made it into the bathroom, Kris sighed exasperation. As he expected, Jessica was acting differently. Instead of getting a drunken Jessica from last night, he was now facing the sober Jessica, the Jessica who has become so distanced and quiet ever since the Japan incident. Boy, was he in for a battle. Kris still had so many things to clear up with Jessica. But for now, he needed to take care of her. Jumping off the bed, he went downstairs to get a glass of water and some medication for Jessica’s hangover headache.

 

Staring at her reflection in the mirror, Jessica wondered why she didn’t look like a complete mess. She didn’t even have a stench of alcohol emitting from her. More than that, she was dressed in Kris’ shirt, which serves as pajamas for her. Her hair seemed to be washed and so did her body. Her make-up was cleanly wiped off completely. Jessica tilted her head and wondered for a moment. Tiffany would never bathe her, let alone change her. That only meant…

 

“I got medicine for you.” Kris suddenly came into the bathroom and handed her a small measuring cup filled with a medicinal liquid, knowing that Jessica couldn’t take pills that well. “And water.” He gave her the glass of water in his hands.

 

“Thanks.” Jessica nodded her head and quickly took the medicine. Gulping down the glass of water, Jessica didn’t know what to say. Kris had helped her clean up after she had gotten back home last night, but she couldn’t remember any of it.

 

“Did you have a good nights sleep?” Kris wanted her to talk to him like they always did naturally.

 

“Yes, I did.” Jessica walked out of the bathroom and went into the closet to put on some undergarments and some shorts. “I’m going to make breakfast now. What would you like to eat, Kris?” she looked up and gave Kris a blank look.

 

Kris saw that there was no glimmer in her eyes. “Anything you make is fine.” He gave her a small grin, trying to get her to smile as well.

 

Jessica only grabbed the empty glass cup she drank from and trailed out of the room. Kris only huffed. They needed to talk. Soon. Turning around, Kris proceeded to go use the bathroom. At least Jessica was talking to him.

 

Making her way down the hall, Jessica was about to go down the stairs when one of the guest room doors opened. Jessica stood there in with a stone-faced expression when Jihae appeared out of room. Jessica only stared at Jihae for a short subtle second before turning and walking calmly down the stairs.

 

“Oh…” Jihae was dumbfounded by Jessica’s actions. She wanted to talk to her, but it seemed that Jessica was not even affected by her presence. Jihae expected Jessica to get mad and even kick her out of the house, but she didn’t do any of that.

 

Reaching the kitchen, Jessica took a deep breath. She stood there for a moment before placing the glass cup into the sink and starting to prepare breakfast. Instead of cooking for two people, Jessica now knew she needed to prepare three settings.

 

“Kris…” Jihae searched for Kris and caught him walking out of the bathroom. “Jessica just saw me, but she didn’t say anything.” she pointed back at the hallway.

 

Kris nodded his head. “I need to talk to her. She’s acting differently. I really screwed up.”

 

“I was about to talk to her and apologize, but she just walked off.” Jihae explained, becoming concerned for Jessica. “I think she was really affected by what I did in back in Japan…” she spoke apologetically.

 

“Let’s hope that everything will work out well when I talk to her after breakfast.” Kris sighed. “I want my Jessica back…” he rubbed his forehead.

 

“I’m sorry…” Jihae hung her head low. “I really hope things will work out.”

 

“We’ll find out.” Kris shrugged his shoulders and guided her to start walking down for breakfast. “Let’s go down to the kitchen. I like to watch Jess when she cooks. She’s pretty amazing.” He grinned as he led the way downstairs.

 

Jihae saw how genuinely excited Kris was to just see Jessica cook. It just made her much more resentful for bringing turmoil to such a happy couple. She really needed to give a huge apology to Jessica.

 

“Good morning…” Jihae cautiously greeted Jessica.

 

“Good morning, Jihae.” Jessica gave Jihae a brief eye contact before returning back to making breakfast.

 

There was an awkward atmosphere and Jihae wanted to prevent it. “Do you need any help with breakfast? Jihae figured Jessica could use some help.

 

“I’m fine. Thank you for asking though.” Jessica simply just turned away and worked on the pancakes.

 

To simply put it, it was completely uncomfortable the entire time Jessica prepared breakfast and the silence was still eminent when they were seated down to eat all together. When everyone seemed to be eating, Jihae was constantly choking on her food due to the awkward silenced atmosphere. Jessica seemed to nibble tiny bits of her pancakes and looked as if she didn’t enjoy it. Kris on the other hand had no trouble eating, but he was concerned when he saw that Jessica was clearly trying to avoid eating.

 

Seeing that everyone was ill at ease, Kris decided that it was time that he actually tried to get everything over with and fixed. “Jess, we need to talk.” He placed his fork down.

 

Jessica looked up from her plate and sat up straight after putting down her eating utensils. “I’m listening.” She blinked at him with soulless eyes.

 

Kris gave her a meaningful look right in the eyes. “Jess, I’m sorry for everything that happened in Japan. I should’ve¾”

 

“You don’t need to apologize Kris.” Jessica calmly spoke. “I was at fault. I understood where you were coming from. There’s no need to apologize. It’s fine.”

 

Kris was afraid that she’d say that. “No, Jess¾”

 

“Jessica, I’m sorry that I caused trouble between you and Kris.” Jihae decided to apologize straight away after realizing that Jessica was taking the blame. “I know it’s my fault for kissing Kris. I was naïve and I was being stupid. I’m sorry that I did such a thing and that it was wrong of me to even come between you two. You had every right to hit me. I deserved it.”

 

“You don’t need to apologize either, Jihae. I was the one who hit you. I was to blame. I’m sorry that I slapped you.” Jessica’s vacant eyes bored into Jihae’s eyes. “I was wrong.”

 

Jihae bit her lip and didn’t like how this was going. Jessica shouldn’t be taking the blame at all. Jihae glanced at Kris, who was already looking at Jessica with determined eyes.

 

“Jess, it’s not your fault. Stop taking the blame. I shouldn’t have said that you were wrong. I understand your original point of view. You did it because you have every right to. I know you did it to defend yourself and that you did it to protect the both of us.” Kris looked into her eyes passionately. “I know that I should’ve sided with you. I was at fault for not doing that. As your husband, I should’ve thought about you and your feelings first. I’m sorry that I failed to do so. I know that I’ve violated our trust, but I never stopped thinking about you and I’ve learned from this. I love you and I know that our trust in each other hasn’t broken at all.”

 

Jessica opened to say something, but Kris spoke before her. “Don’t say that it’s your fault because it isn’t. I know you better than that. You’re taking the blame because you feel that it’s easier than fighting. We all know that you’re not at fault. Just accept my apology and we can go back to normal, Jess. I miss you. I really do and I know you miss me too.” He knew they were both yearning for each other.

 

Jessica’s lip quivered and knew for a fact that Kris was right. What could you expect from her other half? Jessica had a thin layer of tears rim her eyes. “You really hurt me, Kris. You went too far and I was scared that our trust was broken. I even thought I really did something wrong.”

 

A small, relieved smile emitted on Kris’ lips as he got up from his seat and engulfed Jessica in a tight loving hug. “Well I was the one who was wrong, okay? I made a mistake. I’m sorry.”

 

Jessica nodded her head in acceptance to his apology before swiping her eyes of relieved tears. Kris’ lips crashed onto hers, glad that they’ve made up. Throwing her arms around him, Jessica hugged onto him, missing his embrace and warmth for a while.

 

“I love you.” Kris tightened his arms around her waist.

 

“I love you too.” Jessica buried her face into the nape of his neck.

 

Jihae grinned at the lovely sight. She was glad that things had worked out. It was heartwarming to see a couple work things out and love each other more than ever. Seeing Kris and Jessica hugging each other so lovingly and warmly made Jihae want to get a boyfriend. She envied their love and she wanted to feel the same type of affection one day as well.

 

“Jihae…” Jessica’s calling made her stand up in her seat.

 

“I apologize for being so rude and impolite towards you. I was being naïve and stupid. You had every right to hit me. I just wanted you to know that I learned my lesson and that I hope we could somehow become friends?” Jihae spoke quickly before Jessica could even say anything, looking up at Jessica with hopeful eyes.

 

Jessica gave her a gentle smile. “I was about to say the same thing. I hope we could be friends.” She extended out her hand to which Jihae shook. “I’m still sorry about your cheek though. Does it still hurt?” Jessica examined her cheek with care and worry.

 

Jihae waved her hands. “Oh, I’m totally fine! I iced it.” She patted her cheek more than happily.

 


 

After Jihae had left, the married couple settled in the living room, where Kris decided to catch up on a TV show he had missed over the past two weeks on his business trip. It was then where Jessica wondered about her drunken adventures from last night.

 

“You sat in the bathtub for a while trying to take off your clothes.” Kris recalled the sight. “You wanted a bath, so I set that up for you. You ended up playing with the bubbles for approximately ten minutes, so I just cleaned you up myself.”

 

“Thanks.” She pouted her lips, feeling ridiculous for not being able to even wash up by herself.

 

“It’s no problem.” Kris kissed her forehead. “I also said some uncalled for things last night,” he confessed, making Jessica look at him with full attention. “You were full of energy last night and refused to sleep. I was dead tired and wanted you back in bed when you ran off. I yelled at you and you screamed at me, telling me that you hated me and I said that I hated you too. You started crying. It was in the spur of the moment and I didn’t mean it. I know you didn’t mean it either.”

 

Jessica cuddled herself closer to Kris and hugged onto him. “Thank you for telling me.”

 

“I wouldn’t keep anything from you.” Kris reassured her.

 

“I wouldn’t either.” Jessica sealed her lips with his. “Did I do anything else that’s worth remembering in embarrassment?”

 

“You called me ‘Krissypoo.’” Kris gave a big grin, still finding the name cute.

 

Jessica gaped at him. “Did I really do that?”

 

“Yes, I found it cute though.” Kris only directed his attention back to the television screen.

 

“Krissypoo~” Jessica teased in a singsong voice.

 

Kris looked down at her. “I might find it cute right now, but the more you say it, I might just have to kiss you till you can’t say it anymore.” He gave her a quick peck to the lips before concentrating back on the show.

 

Jessica noticed her husband’s extreme interest in the television and called out to him. “Kris.” She only received a hum from Kris, not even a glance. “Kris.” Her husband answered with a simple ‘yeah?’ without tearing his eyes off the TV. “Krissypoo!”

 

Kris finally met eyes with her and when Jessica only sat there giggling, he sighed and shook his head before resuming watching the show. Jessica found it amusing how Kris actually responded to his adorable nickname rather than his actual name. But once she saw Kris go back to watching the television, she knew that she lost Kris’ attention.

 

“Krissypoo, what are you watching?” Jessica never even glanced at the screen once, let alone know what he was watching.

 

“If you kept your eyes on the screen, you would know what I’m watching.” Kris arched up an eyebrow and didn’t spare her a glance.

 

Jessica pouted at him and leaned on his shoulder to try and actually watch the show Kris has dedicated himself to watch. It wasn’t even two minutes in and Jessica grew bored. How could her husband just sit there and watch such a dull show?

 

“Babe, did you get anything for me while you were in Japan?” Jessica’s voice only went in through one ear and out the other, as Kris never heard her. “Kris~” she poked his cheek and realized that he was ignoring her on purpose. “Krissypoo. Don’t ignore your wife.”

 

But Kris only focused on the television screen. Jessica only blew out a breath of air. Her husband finally came back after two dreadful weeks and now that she’s conscious enough to actually spend quality time with him, he’s busy watching a television series. Jessica didn’t want to spend the rest of their free day sitting on the couch.

 

Jessica slid onto his lap to try and garner Kris’ attention. “Krissypoo.” She tried to look straight into his eyes, but Kris kept trying to eye around her, making Jessica pout. “Krissypoo~ Let’s do something else.”

 

Kris finally focused on her and crooked up his eyebrow. “I think I’m really going to have to kiss you until you’re unable to say that anymore.” He narrowed his eyes on her.

 

“Let’s

 

Unable to finish her sentence, Kris had tightened his arms on her and kissed her. With their lips meshing together perfectly, Jessica slowly slipped her arms around Kris’ neck. Feeling their soft lips against each other, the two cherished their intimate kissing. Taking it a step further, Kris roamed his tongue into while his hands naughtily traveled under her shirt. Jessica shifted her body to ensure more contact, not knowing that her left knee, that was in between Kris’ legs, moved too close to the apex of his legs. Kris let out a groan when he felt Jessica’s knee apply pressure to his manhood. When Jessica kept repeating the same movements with her leg, Kris knew what she was implying and laid her down on the couch with him hovering over her.

 

“Do something…” Jessica was catching her breath and finally finished her sentence after Kris parted from her lips.

 

Kris only hummed, letting Jessica hear the sound of his vibrating voice box when he brushed his lips against hers. His actions made Jessica purse her lips forward in anticipation. Making her crave for his lips, Kris only by slightly grazing their lips together. Jessica whimpered at his tantalizing warm breath and shifted her legs underneath him, brushing against his slowly hardening clothed member. Kris shut his eyes and could only concentrate on the way Jessica was provoking his manhood.

 

Attaching their lips, Jessica took advantage of Kris’ momentary distraction. The way Jessica was leading him on and taking control made him more and more enticed at her actions. Kris trailed his fingers along her smooth jaw line, in the end tilted her chin up to ensure more lip contact. With his other hand, he used it to part her legs and rest in between them. Kris felt Jessica’s bare skin underneath her clothing and pulled the shirt off of her for the sake of more contact. Seeing her in black lacy undergarments made him feel more heated, wanting to ravish her already. Kris reached to take her shorts off, but stopped when Jessica suddenly cringed.

 

Jessica gasped in pain, flinching and held her stomach. “Ah…it hurts!” her eyes were shut tight in wrenching pain.

 

Kris’ face consisted of an alarmed expression. “Jess, are you okay? What’s wrong?” he immediately got off from atop of her and knelt down on the floor by her side, putting a hand on her stomach. “What happened? Are you okay?”

 

The pain subsided just as suddenly as it came, leaving Jessica gasping for air. “My stomach was hurting…” she slowly sat up, trying to explain what just happened.

 

“Do you want to go to the hospital?” Kris caressed her face, completely worried about her.

 

Jessica shook her head. “No…I’m okay now…it’s weird. It was a sudden sharp pain and then it went away.” She stood up, Kris following as well.

 

“Are you sure?” Kris asked once again, wanting to make sure that his wife was feeling fine.

 

“I’m sure.” Jessica gave him a reassuring smile.

 

“Okay, that’s good,” Kris relaxed and became his playful self yet again. “Because I’m going to need you to fix this.” He purposely held her close and grinded their hips together, letting Jessica feel his hardening bulge.

 

Before long, the two were back on the couch deeply kissing each other. Having his shirt pulled off, Kris never left Jessica’s lips when he reached for her dainty shorts that were in the way. Jessica showered him with affections and furthered her actions as she trailed her lips over his jaw line and down to his neck. When Kris let out a small groan from the doings of her irresistible lips, she sensibly kissed his throat, where his voice box is located. Her hands traveled all around his body, alluringly feeling every single muscle that defined his well-built frame.

 

Trying to use her toes to push the sweats off of Kris’ hips, Jessica wanted to feel him already. “Kris…” her fingers intentionally brushed against his clothed before she clung onto the front waistband of his pants.

 

Kris felt her slim fingers invading his pants, but didn’t stop her as he was trying to get her out of her shorts as well. Inserting his tongue into her parted lips, he couldn’t resist his lips any longer. Their kisses became more needy and full of rushed passion. Snaking his arms around her, he d her and made their hips collide with a rough friction. The two moaned in each other’s mouths.

 

Jessica was enjoying their time, but when her stomach started to churn and she started to feel sick all of the sudden, she had to halt their moment. “Kris, wait.” She gave him a light push, making Kris back away from her lips.

 

“You’re not hurting again, are you?” Kris distractedly spoke, still dazed in his own little heated zone. “I’m sure it’ll go away again…” he glided his hands up her legs.

 

“No…” Jessica sat up and shut her eyes for a moment with one hand on her stomach. “Oh god…” she suddenly covered and ran towards the bathroom.

 

Kris immediately knew that this wasn’t a matter that would go away within minutes. Snapping out of his zone, he adjusted the waistband of his sweats and rushed to follow where Jessica went. Somewhat trotting his way, Kris found it quite difficult to walk around with an extreme hard-on. He didn’t like the fact that Jessica had cut into their session twice, but it seemed that she was feeling sick.

 

Finding her in the bathroom keeled over the toilet throwing up, Kris’ selfish thoughts flew out the window. “Babe, are you okay?” he ran to her and started to pat her back soothingly.

 

Trying to catch her breath, Jessica gingerly flushed her released toxins down the drain before hauled her body up to wash her face in the sink. “I feel a bit better now…” she spoke after she cleaned up. “But my stomach feels funny…” she rubbed her tummy.

 

The two looked at each other in the mirror, both examining Jessica’s body. Kris s his hands to splay on Jessica’s flat stomach. “You don’t think…” he started, but Jessica immediately caught on and gasped.

 

“You don’t mean…” Jessica’s mouth was agape, as she gripped onto Kris’ hands that her on her stomach.

 

The two exchanged looks after both simultaneously spoke at the same time. “Pregnancy.”

 



{Author's Note}: Okay, I decided not to pull on my readers' heartstrings anymore and ended the drama. I think many of you guys will be surprised...just remember that everything is unpredictable~ Hehe~

Thank you for upvoting, you lovelies~!
imjust_me
Shuddup7
ParkJeA