old emotions erupted

Just Give Me A Reason

 

 

 

 

The limousine slowed down when it reached the hospital. As she climbed out and looked at the building suddenly a whole rush of old emotions erupted inside her.

 

 

‘This way …’

 

 

Suzy did not want to go. She felt herself cold at the thought. If she had an ounce of good sense she would turn around and walk away right this moment. But somehow she mechanically put one foot in front and followed the bodyguard across the hospital lobby and into a waiting lift that carry them up.

 

 

She reached the floor and walk through the hall. One nurse in the work station greet her.

 

 

‘Your husband is sleeping but you can see him,’ said the nurse. 

 

 

Now Suzy was in front of the icu room. Beginning to feel the tension air, Suzy pulled out a heavy breath and push the door open. She then swiftly closed it behind her so she could lean back against it, feeling light headed with fear of what she going to see.

 

 

Suzy's feet stood glued to the spot by the sight of the drips and tubes leading to a monitor with graphs and numbers that silently flickered and pulsed.

 

 

‘You can come closer.’

 

 

That sound of dry hoarse voice has make Suzy's heart pounder.